The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 341424 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirky

Denver, CO

#73875 Dec 14, 2012
Ambiguity wrote:
<quoted text>
All weapons trace thier ancestry to military application. The shooter today did not use any 'assault' weapon he used two pistols one a Glock the other a Sig Sauer. The AR-15 he STOLE and left in the car is used by hunters and is well respected as a hunting weapon.
Don't confuse the application with the principle.
I do agree that the Glock and Sig Sauer Semi Auto pistols are not.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#73876 Dec 14, 2012
The Ricomeister wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go. All we need is some mentally unstable teacher out there with a gun who's having a bad day going postal on their students.
You have to keep chocolate in her desk drawer! Then, it's alright. Nothing bad can happen;-)

“Natural selection created apes”

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#73877 Dec 14, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
If guns made us safer we would be the safest country in the world. Per capita, the US is ranked #1 in private gun ownership.
The following figures show a comparison between the US and the rest of the world. Note that these are 2007 figures - we all know what happened in 2008 when Obama was elected President.
This is the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_p...
The numbers are staggering...

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#73878 Dec 14, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point we need to be concerned with getting citizens up to to full employment, standard of living increases for them and sustainability for our resources not increasing population. That isn't even in the top 5,000 on the list of concerns.
Michigan's "Right to work for less money law" will definitely raise the standard of living for most corporations, their management and investors doing business in Michigan.
no increases for regular ralffs whose fragmented representation will now be at the mercy of Corporate America.....

Rick Snyder and co. are laughing all the way to the bank.

“Indulgences for Sale”

Since: Dec 09

Vaticano, Roma, Italia

#73879 Dec 14, 2012
The Ricomeister wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go. All we need is some mentally unstable teacher out there with a gun who's having a bad day going postal on their students.
It pays to be Catholic. Your Holiness has taken precautionary measures to protect the children of our parochial schools.
http://www.pacificnet.net/~joelinux/Nuns%20wi...
Quirky

Denver, CO

#73880 Dec 14, 2012
Law Enforcement AR-15 Rifles

$2,700.00 Woe??

http://www.bushmaster.com/firearms/le.asp

“One Night”

Since: Aug 12

It Just Disappeared

#73881 Dec 14, 2012
Pope John Paul III wrote:
<quoted text>
It pays to be Catholic. Your Holiness has taken precautionary measures to protect the children of our parochial schools.
http://www.pacificnet.net/~joelinux/Nuns%20wi...
Hijack the Pope Mobile ~ Glasgow Rangers
http://youtu.be/G52D9DBOgPg

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#73882 Dec 14, 2012
Ralff wrote:
Someone needs to report this threat to the Topix mods;
Pro-Union Activist Threatens the Michigan Governor:'We'll Be at Your Daughter's Soccer Game'
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/pro-union...
That's just talk, what your Governor did to his constituents and families without their consent would normally land you in jail.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#73883 Dec 14, 2012
Woman Shoots at 2 Intruders; 1 Dead: Police
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Homeowner-Sh...
Home> U.S.
Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder: 911 Operators Say It's OK to Shoot
http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-shoots-ki...

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#73884 Dec 14, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>It seems we still live in the "wild frontier". Perhaps the best way to protect our children in schools is to have all the teachers trained and licensed for concelled weapons. I thought it would be better to do this with the teachers rather then the children.
:)
This post made me very sad.

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#73885 Dec 14, 2012
Vorenus wrote:
<quoted text>
Michigan's "Right to work for less money law" will definitely raise the standard of living for most corporations, their management and investors doing business in Michigan.
no increases for regular ralffs whose fragmented representation will now be at the mercy of Corporate America.....
Rick Snyder and co. are laughing all the way to the bank.
The dems have a branding problem with this one.

It's difficult to stand up and convince the American people to fight something called the "right to work".

Kind of like the abortion thing was a few years ago. It's hard to fight something called "pro-life" without sounding "anti-life".

The problem with these so called right to work laws is exactly what you pointed out. Everyone benefits except the average worker.

If you can pay your employees less and offer them fewer benefits you will make more profit, but the people who are doing the actual work of making you rich end up with less.

“The Beast Within”

Since: Oct 12

Paradise, Calif

#73886 Dec 14, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
This post made me very sad.
This one made me happy.
[skip the moneygrubbing U-tube ad, it's worth it]

10 TIL MIDNIGHT {ending]

http://youtu.be/kER6XvItkO4

Charles Bronson

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#73887 Dec 14, 2012
Ambiguity wrote:
<quoted text>
All weapons trace thier ancestry to military application. The shooter today did not use any 'assault' weapon he used two pistols one a Glock the other a Sig Sauer. The AR-15 he STOLE and left in the car is used by hunters and is well respected as a hunting weapon.
Don't confuse the application with the principle.
This respectable hunting weapon of yours has become a favorite for mass shootings here in America and each and every time some condescending know it all is there to tamp down any real conversation.

The AR-15 was legally classified as an assault weapon and banned under the now expired Assault Weapons Ban.
----------

Expired Assault Weapons Ban Would Have Covered Rifle Used In Colorado Shooting

One of the principal weapons used by James Eagan Holmes in the horrific Dark Knight Rises shooting would have been subject to a series of sharp restrictions under the now-expired federal Assault Weapons ban. The AR-15 rife carried by Holmes, a civilian semi-automatic version of the military M-16, would have been defined as a “semiautomatic assault weapon” under the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994. If the law was still in force, semiautomatic assault weapons would have been outright banned...

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/07/20/5...
----------

AR-15

The AR-15 is a lightweight, 5.56 mm, magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifle, with a rotating-lock bolt, actuated by direct impingement gas operation or long/short stroke piston operation. It is manufactured with the extensive use of aluminum alloys and synthetic materials.

The AR-15 was first built by ArmaLite as a selective fire rifle for the United States armed forces. Because of financial problems, ArmaLite sold the AR-15 design to Colt. The select-fire AR-15 entered the US military system as the M16 rifle. Colt then marketed the Colt AR-15 as a semi-automatic version of the M16 rifle for civilian sales in 1963.[8] The name "AR-15" is a Colt registered trademark, which refers only to the semi-automatic rifle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15
Dog Eat Dog

Fullerton, CA

#73888 Dec 14, 2012
Vorenus wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just talk, what your Governor did to his constituents and families without their consent would normally land you in jail.
Michigan Anti-Union Law Drafted by ALEC
Paul Jay

JAY: Now, I guess it more appropriately could be titled the right to work without a union or collective bargaining law, which is more or less what it is. But you were telling me before the interview that the legislation changed at the last minute.

BOTTARI: Yeah. For a long time Governor Snyder said, I don't want to do right-to-work, it's too divisive, it's not really our cup of tea here in Michigan, we support workers in Michigan, and those kinds of things. Then he threw all of that out the window when he realized that his lame-duck legislature was leaving and a new legislature had been elected, probably wouldn't allow him to do right-to-work.

And I hate using the phrase right-to-work, but we've never come up with a good substitute for it. It is an Orwellian phrase. Lots of people refer to it as the right-to-work-for-less law, because there were 23 right-to-work states. They were mostly in the South. They made it very—the law makes it very difficult for unions to organize and to exist. So the right-to-work legislation is sort of a push in the race to the bottom in workers' wages, workers' benefits, and those kinds of things.

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#73889 Dec 14, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice post Erica! Both sides could do much better! Several of the liberals have been on this site for a lengthy period of time. As soon as someone new enters and posts anything leaning conservative, they pounce. I experienced it first hand and I believe you may have also. They do not like us and do not like us entering their "space".
Have I been rude and part of the disgusting jabs? Yes I have but it is almost always in response to hateful, evil comments and accusations. We should be able to disagree and move on but it has become vile and personal. In my life experiences, I have normally walked away from these types of conversations and trickery. I feel so strongly about our nation and what is happening to it, I have had difficulty walking away. I will know when the time is right.
You can’t be serious. All of the truly vile comments I’ve seen have come from Right-wingers, and they involve basically death wishes and pure hatred just because liberals don‘t agree with them.
And of course you’ve managed to ignore the fact that in 1981 Republicans declared the beginning of a civil war, involving political genocide, since it’s mostly middle class and poor liberals who are the dying homeless, not the filthy rich Republican parasites. Yet you have the gall to criticize liberals for firing back WITH WORDS while the homeless continue to suffer and die every day, as a result of the very real, and deliberate, killings by conservatives. They’re so Godless and evil that they even yell obscenities at the protester who are trying to save the lives of conservative victims of uncontrolled greed.
You guys have criminal mentalities because you’re able to ignore crimes committed against the humanity of our country.
You’re politically ignorant because you’re blind to treason, but you don’t want to be criticized when you vote for, and finance the treason that will destroy us.
I’m not kidding myself into believing that conservatives will wise up in time, and I know that the laws have not been corrected because they intend to keep creating one war and disaster after another. Meanwhile moronic Right-wingers will continue to blame liberals because that’s the propaganda they’ve been fed, to misdirect their hatred from the traitors behind the treason.
I’m sure you’ll also continue to be arrogant and self-righteous, totally ignorant of the evil you do, but don’t expect me to treat you like decent human beings.
(next post)

Location hidden

#73890 Dec 14, 2012

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#73891 Dec 14, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
I read "assault weapons." I guess the reporting was in error.
The result is the same: 27 people dead, 20 were children.
I don't care how knowledgeable anyone is about guns.
The application was to kill--there was no principle.
The reporting was not in error.

The AR-15 was classified as a semi-automatic assault weapon under the expired assault weapons ban.

Location hidden

#73892 Dec 14, 2012
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!! Rachel Maddow, now that's an unbiased & reliable news source.
Rachel Maddow: Frequent White House Visitor
By Alexander Abad-Santos | The Atlantic Wire
A look at visitor logs from The White House has MSNBC's star being cleared to enter The White House seven times and meeting with Obama face-to-face three of those times--a number on par with King Abdullah of Jordan. That's what the conservative-leaning Neil Munro at the conservative-leaning Daily Caller reports.(Munro's piece doesn't state the specificities of how far back he looked at the logs--it looks as though the visits are all from this
past year.) He concludes,
"Rachel Maddow is the president's favorite media hack."
Read rest of story below:
http://news.yahoo.com/rachel-maddow-frequent-...
People: This is an example of the stupidity of Republican propaganda. Notice:
1. The truth is never an issue for conservatives. It doesn't matter that Maddow tells the truth and exposes Republican lies. No, conservatives LOVE those lies.
2. Right-wing twisted illogic says that because she visits the White House, she's corrupted. They completely ignore the reality that conservatives have not only visited it, but were allowed to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom.
3. Since Republicans can't fight truth, they resort to nothing more than name-calling.

So, this piece of garbage doesn't tell us anything except that Republicans can't find fault with Maddow's broadcasts because the truth and honesty can't be defeated out in the open. That's why conservatives slither around spreading manure instead.

Location hidden

#73893 Dec 14, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. I promise not to vote for him in the last election.
GIVE IT UP! ITS OVER!
Geeesh. Any way to unprogram these freaks? How do ya turn these guys off?
It's so simple and you still missed it?
And you wonder why we keep it up?
OK,
STOP LYING ALL THE TIME ABOUT EVERYTHING!
STOP PROMOTING TREASON!
STOP MURDERING THE HOMELESS!
STOP BLAMING LIBERALS FOR THE RESULTS OF YOUR GREED!
STOP THE REPUBLICAN CIVIL WAR!
STOP THE INSANITY!
I know that none of this will make any sense to you, but for those of you who do want to be intelligent voters, study the links on the left side at:
(next post)

Location hidden

#73894 Dec 14, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min USAsince1680 1,277,941
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 1 min WeTheSheeple 578
Iran Nuclear Agreement: Black Mark or Gold Star... 1 min DBWriter 1,035
News Kentucky clerk in same-sex marriage dispute fou... 2 min Rainbow Kid 5
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min HILLARY 2016 194,115
News Judge jails Kentucky clerk for refusing marriag... 3 min Abrahammock Regions 5
News In climate bid, Obama stares down melting Alask... 5 min WeTheSheeple 58
News White House says Mount McKinley to be renamed D... 20 min californio 159
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Orleans 197,034
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 2 hr californio 450
More from around the web