The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 403777 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Gus007

Oneonta, NY

#72582 Dec 12, 2012
Regardless, YouÂ’ll Pay More:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/335398...
Plus Six More

Fullerton, CA

#72584 Dec 12, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Which forums are those?
Barack Obama Forum

Science Forum

US News Forum

US Politics Forum

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#72586 Dec 12, 2012
Tom Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me that he's intentionally challenging the moderator as after the top mod told American Lady how to not violate the TOS by posting copyrighted info that surgarfoot troll went into hyper mode with spamming articles.
I mean these people have no respect for authority yet they're the first ones who cry about everyone else not respecting authority.
Oh, trust me. I know. They're much better at manipulation than just about anything else.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#72587 Dec 12, 2012
Nurse in Royal Prank Hanged Herself
Jacintha Saldanha found in her room at staff housing

Read more: http://www.woc1420.com/cc-common/news/section...

SEE what happens
WHEN people LIE!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#72589 Dec 12, 2012
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I would prop myself if I could. It's just that I was just told that I'm on some sort of radar and I just can't do it with other people watching me.
Don't panic now. Behave yourself and stand in front of the antenna real close. LMAO

“Natural selection created apes”

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#72590 Dec 12, 2012
Tom Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!!!
LOL! Seriously, it feels like we've been hit by a tractor full of nuts.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#72591 Dec 12, 2012
Tom Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me that he's intentionally challenging the moderator as after the top mod told American Lady how to not violate the TOS by posting copyrighted info that surgarfoot troll went into hyper mode with spamming articles.
I mean these people have no respect for authority yet they're the first ones who cry about everyone else not respecting authority.
Sleep with one eye open
Big Mack Attack

Canyon Country, CA

#72592 Dec 12, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Angel of the Morning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zUbDv1Da1pkXX
Angel in the Morning? are you kidding?
You probably have the Golden Arches over your bedroom door.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#72595 Dec 12, 2012

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#72597 Dec 12, 2012
Twisted Brain wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing to worry about, you're dead from the ears up.
Only a fool posts to someone he claims can't see.
You have much to worry about.
Focus on your foolishness first and we'll go from there.

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

#72599 Dec 12, 2012
sugarfoot7 wrote:
<quoted text>
The habitual liar Obama lies every time he opens his mouth.
Yeah, but he never got an award for it!!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#72600 Dec 12, 2012
Abominable Sock Puppet wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me... he is very funny and makes you look like a fool.
That's "your" tale ...
I sit on mine ;0)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#72602 Dec 12, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>First off, we certainly won't have that 2 Trillion dollar issue of the money Mitt Romney wanted to throw at Defense. That's a help right off. I posted a link last night that does explain how letting the Bush tax cuts for the top 2% expire will help considerably. Again - nobody rides unscathed. The poor will see cut backs in programs that serve them. The middle class will undoubtedly see taxes increase at the state and local levels initially and can expect future cuts to tax deductions they've enjoyed further down the road. Obama didn't promise us a seat in the Rose Garden. He just committed to doing what he could to make the pain less painful and less dramatic. That said, if the Republicans don't want to play ball and compromise, we'll start in January to feel the hit.
Even the most basic inspection of the IRS income tax statistics shows that raising taxes on the salaries, dividends and capital gains of those making more than $250,000 can't possibly raise enough revenue to fund Mr. Obama's new spending ambitions.

Consider the IRS data for 2006, the most recent year that such tax data are available and a good year for the economy and "the wealthiest 2%." Roughly 3.8 million filers had adjusted gross incomes above $200,000 in 2006.(That's about 7% of all returns; the data aren't broken down at the $250,000 point.) These people paid about $522 billion in income taxes, or roughly 62% of all federal individual income receipts. The richest 1%-- about 1.65 million filers making above $388,806 -- paid some $408 billion, or 39.9% of all income tax revenues, while earning about 22% of all reported U.S. income.

Note that federal income taxes are already "progressive" with a 35% top marginal rate, and that Mr. Obama is (so far) proposing to raise it only to 39.6%, plus another two percentage points in hidden deduction phase-outs. He'd also raise capital gains and dividend rates, but those both yield far less revenue than the income tax. These combined increases won't come close to raising the hundreds of billions of dollars in revenue that Mr. Obama is going to need.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1235615510653...

We keep hearing about increasing the taxes for the top 2% which obviously will not put a dent in Obama's plans for additional spending. This means the debt continues to increase. Polls are conducted asking if taxes should be raised on the top 2% earners. Responders indicate "Oh yes! Raise taxes on the rich! They don't pay enough!" These people do not understand the richest in our society are already paying 62% of all federal taxes and the top 1% are paying almost 40% of federal taxes while they only earn 22% of the total income. These people are also not told how Obama has no significant plans to reduce spending or reduce our debt. Anyone who does a budget for their family knows you cannot continue to spend more than you earn!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#72604 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
I bet you smoke allot of crystal meth.
Never tried it ...
I LOVE "natural HIGHS" ... ;~)

Snowblind Friend

Religion made them human

#72605 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Had to log in and give you a prop for that keen eye!!!!
Viva the PACO Alliance!!!
Arriba PACO Alliance and Rebel Sympathizers!!!

PACO - People Against Cyber Oppression

Location hidden

#72606 Dec 12, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
"you" can KILL me ...
BUT I do NOT think
"you" would WANT to eat me :)
He/she can't KILL you either AL!!

Religion made them human

#72607 Dec 12, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Which forums are those?
That's NUNYA!!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#72609 Dec 12, 2012
Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but he never got an award for it!!!
Nobel Peace Prize
tho ...

He should have Forfeited it!!!
Peace prize w/KILL list ...
only a 0

hahahaha

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#72610 Dec 12, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Sleep with one eye open
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hhsimgIkSVwXX
A threat?

Location hidden

#72612 Dec 12, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I did, and I'm so glad my vote counted. The alternative was unreasonable, extreme, and there was no mercy in the formula. You may donate to "Save The Children", but many of us voted to save our children contrary to your perspective.
What is so sad is that you are NOT saving your children or grandchildren. They will suffer the consequences of this rising debt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dean steps out of DNC race; Ellison says he may... 4 min Kiss6729 2
News Corker Applauds Unanimous Supreme Court Ruling ... (Jul '14) 7 min Coconutz3878 4
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 9 min MikeyDJT2imbeciles 14,596
News Tent jails, pink undies: Odd choices for New Ar... 11 min Dolly1510 7
News Wisconsin Dems Slam Trump Backers 15 min Crushy9254 75
News Trump win casts pall of uncertainty over Asia 19 min LovePotion4470 45
News White House announces support for women in mili... 23 min Cupcake4854 17
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 253,079
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 1 hr GrowUp 73
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,458,229
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Plumz2865 22,417
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 2 hr Patriot 2,939
More from around the web