The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#72436 Dec 12, 2012
North Korean satellite 'tumbling out of control,' US officials say
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/12...
Not Surprised

Anonymous Proxy

#72437 Dec 12, 2012
http://www.policymic.com/articles/18815/the-r...

By disenfranchising Ron Paul supporters, Mitt Romney won the primary but lost the election.

New analysis reveals that in no less than five states, Romney’s margin of loss to President Obama in the general election was less than the number of votes received by Ron Paul in that state’s primary.

In Florida, for example, Obama defeated Romney by 46,000 votes; meanwhile, Ron Paul received over 117,000 votes in the primary. If only 40% of these Ron Paul Republicans stayed home on Election Day, it would have been enough to cost Romney the state and its 29 electoral votes.

A similar case can be made for Connecticut, New Hampshire, Ohio, and Virginia. Along with Florida, these five states account for a whopping 71 Electoral College votes. Remember that Obama earned 332 electoral votes compared to Romney’s 206. Had Romney won these five states, they would have been sufficient to give him a narrow 277-261 victory over the President.

Admittedly, the number of Paul votes and Romney’s loss margin are closer in the other four states than they are in Florida. In New Hampshire, 71% of Paul votes are needed to make up the margin, while in Ohio and Virginia, that number is closer to 95%.

The picture becomes clearer, however, when we remember that the number of Paul primary votes is almost certainly an underestimate of the number of Paul supporters in a given state. Given the reluctance of many socially liberal, fiscally conservative Ron Paul supporters to participate in a Republican primary, analysts have estimated a multiplier of at least threefold in closed primary states.

What does this mean? Given two conservative assumptions – that the number of Paul supporters in these five states is at least double the number of Paul primary votes, and that 40% of these Paul voters stayed home on Election Day – we have a strong case for stating that Mitt Romney would have won the election had he earned the votes of these Ron Paul supporters.

When Ron Paul went to the Republican National Convention in August, he brought with him the youngest delegation in the history of the Republican Party.

How were they welcomed? When they arrived, their signs were confiscated and torn up before their eyes. The Maine delegation was summarily unseated and sent home because they contained too many Paul supporters. At the last minute, the Rules Committee changed the ballot access requirement from five states to eight states to prevent Ron Paul’s name from being entered into nomination. They even prevented his name from being mentioned from the podium!

The establishment’s abominable treatment of Ron Paul supporters at the RNC was only the culmination of a corrupt and shameful primary season. In Louisiana, Ron Paul delegates were arrested when it became clear that they were in the majority at the state convention. In Arizona, desperate party bosses turned off the lights at the state convention to prevent Ron Paul supporters from being elected to a party position. In both Maine and Nevada, Romney campaign officials were caught distributing fake delegate slates. In Missouri, police were called to shut down the St. Charles caucus when a Ron Paul victory appeared imminent.

“It’s a shame the party hasn’t been more welcoming of these young people,” confessed a Romney delegate to me at the RNC.

In Mitt Romney’s crushing defeat at the hands of President Obama, it appears the Republican Party’s chickens may finally have come home to roost. Instead of welcoming the passion and dedication of the Ron Paul movement, the party chose to alienate an entire generation of young Republicans, scorning the sensible message of limited government and non-interventionist foreign policy.

As Republicans nationwide prepare themselves for four more years of President Obama, they would do well to ask themselves what they might have done differently.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#72438 Dec 12, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats wrong union boy?? You don't like to see real men work instead of drunks and dope smokers outside of a plant??
Eagle
Most of us smoke dope inside the plant where it's comfortable. It those stinky tobacco cigarettes that have to be consumed outdoors.

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#72439 Dec 12, 2012
Fed projects high unemployment for next 3 years
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FED...
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#72440 Dec 12, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> I agree! a third term will assure keeping his dictatorship permanently as is his DREAM.
We should give Obama a 3rd term. After all... he is an awesome president.

“RELAX”

#72441 Dec 12, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Teamsters predict "civil war"... I bet Obama is getting tingly all over! He's itching to declare Marshall Law! Sad the Nation is so divided!
http://inagist.com/all/279059676971286528/
The nation is not as divided as y'all tea bags would like to think. Turn off the TV, go outside and open your eyes. The world is still there!
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#72442 Dec 12, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Teamsters predict "civil war"... I bet Obama is getting tingly all over! He's itching to declare Marshall Law! Sad the Nation is so divided!
http://inagist.com/all/279059676971286528/
Yes this is what the USA needs. A good purging of the US population.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#72444 Dec 12, 2012
Hey guys! What is going on tonight? Back in Ky. and it is way too cold!!!!

“RELAX”

#72445 Dec 12, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't feel you should give your money to the government but you expect other to do.. What a hypocrite you are..
Eagle
What part of "I pay my taxes without complaint" did you fail to comprehend eagle?

We know you are bald. We know you are toothless. Are you telling us you are illiterate too?
Maude

Lynbrook, NY

#72447 Dec 12, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't agree more with you at this point. Hang in there.
OBAMA is the sh=t Merchant of the Democratic Party,the Democrats are embarressed by there mistake when they backed him for the presidency. They also agree OBAMA stands for O=ne B=ig A=ss M=istake A=merica.
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#72448 Dec 12, 2012
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us smoke dope inside the plant where it's comfortable. It those stinky tobacco cigarettes that have to be consumed outdoors.
Weed smells better than tobacco anyways plus when we hotbox it in the managers office... we always end up getting over time.

You cannot argue with the Union way of life.... at least we're not mooching off the government... we're mooching off some rich SOB who has too much damn money in his hands.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#72449 Dec 12, 2012
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The nation is not as divided as y'all tea bags would like to think. Turn off the TV, go outside and open your eyes. The world is still there!
Their world isn't.

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#72452 Dec 12, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
Not much. Rotflmao!

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#72453 Dec 12, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
Moderator came on the thread, said ralff was full of crap and he should knock it off.

Eagle's stuck on stupid and positronium is pouting because the grown-ups are ruining all his fun.

Welcome to the party.
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#72454 Dec 12, 2012
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
But the illegals... Benghazigate... Obama is a Muslim illegal alien... Romney should have won.... the fear... the fear!!!!!

Lets all be afraid!!!

Lets be a tea bagger!!!

HAHAHAHAAAA!!!

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

#72455 Dec 12, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
Its cool here nice sleeping weather..

Eagle

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#72456 Dec 12, 2012
sugarfoot7 wrote:
the dishonest scumbags in the LSM ignore the left wing violence by union members in Michigan,
is anyone surprised?
I'd love to see 100,000 TP members descend on Washington DC and swarm violently the WH, the Capital and the SC.
I bet you would love that, won't happen, TP members don't have the balls.
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#72457 Dec 12, 2012
Maude wrote:
<quoted text>OBAMA is the sh=t Merchant of the Democratic Party,the Democrats are embarressed by there mistake when they backed him for the presidency. They also agree OBAMA stands for O=ne B=ig A=ss M=istake A=merica.
How do you spell douche bag?

Maude

HAHAHAAHAHAAA!!

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#72458 Dec 12, 2012
Tom Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
Right... and all those posse patrols at the southern border never happens. Shandre Ford the leader of the Minuteman movement who murdered a hispanic family who were not even illegals didn't happen either.
Or how about that other border nazi rancher who got stuck paying a civil lawsuit of 80K for illegally detaining a group of illegal aliens.
What about the white neighbor who shot & killed his Hispanic neighbor over an argument about the Arizona SB1070 law?
Yea... Americans are so civilized and have so much class.
Please Eagle. We're entering an age where many Americans are useless and full of nothing more than what their demagogues plant in their little empty brains.
So if these cretins want to ruin this County because it's not redneck enough for them.... then let the games begin.
Brilliant!

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

#72459 Dec 12, 2012
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "I pay my taxes without complaint" did you fail to comprehend eagle?
We know you are bald. We know you are toothless. Are you telling us you are illiterate too?
Paying your taxes is not enough what you fell the rich should pay.. You stated yourself the should be taxed and fined and give all to charity till they are in the poor house.. Why don't you lead by example coward??

Eagle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min woodtick57 1,110,303
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min LRS 178,048
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min DITCH MITCH 153,500
Obama pledges to fight war on Ebola 9 min Obama Bad 14
Keeping the Constitution at hand 11 min we the people 3
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min sassyjm 305,624
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 11 min LBJ 4,159
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 37 min woodtick57 87
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Aura Mytha 116,629
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••