The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 412570 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#71342 Dec 11, 2012
Cricket 23 wrote:
B,O where are you when those children need you??
Oh,supporting the unions in Detroit!
Because the children are not enough to vote!!
Crowd cheers President Obama at Daimler Detroit Deisel plant in Redford, Mich., Dec. 10, 2012 (AP Photo)
Only 7% of Detroit Public-School 8th Graders Proficient in Reading
By Terence P. Jeffrey
December 11, 2012
( CNSNews.com )- In the public schools in Detroit, Mich., according to the U.S. Department of Education, only 7 percent of the eighth graders are grade-level proficient or better in reading.
Some public school teachers in the City of Detroit and around the state of Michigan are reportedly taking a vacation or a sick day today to protest right-to-work legislation likely to be approved by the state legislature. Under current law, Michigan public school teachers must pay dues to the teachers’ union. If the right-to-work law is enacted, Michigan public-school teachers will be free to join the union and pay dues to it if they wish, but they will also be free not to join the union and not to pay it dues.
Detroit public-school eighth graders do even worse in math than they do in reading, according to the Department of Education. While only 7 percent scored highly enough on the department’s National Assessment of Educational Progress test in 2011 to be rated “proficient” or better in reading, only 4 percent scored highly enough to be rated “proficient” or better in math.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/only-7-detroi...
If there ever was a place needing black leadership it is Detroit. Why isn't Michelle there? She just loves to help with the school lunches and all...

“Can You Believe It?”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#71343 Dec 11, 2012
Tom Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
Playing with the "cookies" again?
pos is either "Playing with the cookies again"
or he has numerous socks, I say it's both!
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#71344 Dec 11, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
my ancestors came from NJ... is that a foreign country?lol
from the fifth gen back, I don't know but believe most probably even another 3 or 4 gens back before I get to Europe... mayhaps ten or more?
today rich is $250k... next year after 'Rich Flight',$150k? then $75k,$50k????
idiots...
Right... your family tree started in NJ!!! Why is it that only "CONservatives" want to believe that their family tree goes so far back in America that they once knew the North American Wooly Mammoth?

F@#$%King delusional people.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#71345 Dec 11, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
free thinking?
let's see... in a Constitutional Republic:
giving ALL women the right to vote 1) by amendmend or 2) National Law?
a consensus was reached and an amend was put forth and passed. that IS free thinking about an old idea (voters' rights).#2 would be UN-Constitutional!
going to War 1) pass an amendment or 2) pass a War Powers Act?
since the Constitution was NOT amended,#2 the WPA (funny, yes?) IS a USURPTION of IT. may be free thinking but NOT legal.
I guess my point is: free thinking is NOT only bi-partisanship and reaching a consensus... NOT in a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.
try again....
idiots...
What in the name of god are you ranting about now?
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#71346 Dec 11, 2012
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So who was in control of both the Senate and House?
I'm a independent!
You're an "independent"?

You spam the most outrageous Republican endorsed propaganda that I have ever seen but you expect me to believe that you're an independent?

LOL!!!

I get a kick out of how all you right wing Republican blowhards "pretend" to be independents because you're ashamed of being a Republican.

I don't blame you. Being a Republican sucks.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#71347 Dec 11, 2012
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder then, if you have a rich emailing life going on behind the scenes. I used to belong to an email group, never got anything else done - but we had a lot of fun.
I didn't intend it to be as "rich" as it has become. Sooner or later I will have to deal with it by perhaps sharing the box with others whom I trust.
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#71348 Dec 11, 2012
GeeShayla wrote:
<quoted text>
He's been around long enough to figure out the game. He's been pegged.
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#71349 Dec 11, 2012
The average worker—unionized or not—working in a right-to-work state earns approximately $1,500 less per year than a similar worker in a state without such a law."

If Michigan “right-to-work” legislation becomes law this week—as the legislature and Gov. Rick Snyder (R-MI) are poised to make it—it will hurt the state’s already-struggling middle class.

Unions are essential for building a strong middle class, yet right-to-work laws weaken unions by making unions provide services without being paid for them, which forces certain workers to pay the costs of union representation for all workers.

And by harming the middle class, a right-to-work law will harm Michigan’s economy because a strong middle class leads to additional business investment, greater entrepreneurship, more growth-enhancing public policy, and higher levels of trust that facilitate business transactions.
The evidence that right-to-work laws harm the middle class is crystal clear.
The average worker—unionized or not—working in a right-to-work state earns approximately $1,500 less per year than a similar worker in a state without such a law.

Workers in right-to-work states are also significantly less likely to receive employer-provided health insurance and pensions. If benefits coverage in non-right-to-work states were lowered to the levels of states with these laws, 2 million fewer workers would receive health insurance and 3.8 million fewer workers would receive pensions nationwide.

All of the states with the lowest percentage of workers in unions—Mississippi, Arkansas, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, Tennessee, Texas, South Dakota, and Oklahoma—are right-to-work states. They all have a relatively weak middle class, as the share of total state income going to the middle 60 percent of the population is below the national average.

Over the past several decades, unions in Michigan have weakened and the middle class has been hollowed out—a trend that would significantly worsen if right-to-work became law. As Figure 1 shows, Michigan’s middle class earned 53.6 percent of the state’s income in 1979, a year when over 37 percent of the state’s workers were in unions. Today less than 18 percent of Michigan’s workers are unionized, and the middle class receives only 47 percent of the state’s income.

read more @ http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/labor/...
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#71350 Dec 11, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
If there ever was a place needing black leadership it is Detroit. Why isn't Michelle there? She just loves to help with the school lunches and all...
Did you know that white leadership is pretty useless? See: The United States of America

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#71351 Dec 11, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
u know the real reason Romney lost? some of u Obama supporters hit the nail on the head during the campaign, too!
he WASN'T SPECIFIC ENOUGH.
for the same reason Obama and others will NOT answer WHAT they will cut, IN PUBLIC. fear of the immediate blow-back and NOT enough trust in the American citizens' ability to say,'You are RIGHT.' and then SUPPORT the cuts.
when Romney did not offer specific custs, he was perveived to be UN-certain and UN-trustworthy AND UN-CONSERVATIVE.
when Obama does NOT offer specifics, he is only being HIMSELF (after four years and this last campaign). why no national Opposition leaders ever call Obama's strategy what it is (DELIBERATE) is beyond me... unless they, TOO, are part of the 'transformation' process.
to 'build' a NEW America, first the Old America MUST be laid low. all such movements/societal shifts/transformations have come during the previous society's LOWEST point... and, have been orchestrated by previous FRINGE groups. like the KKK and TEA Party, the greenies, Marxists, La Raza, gays, evrio-nts ARE all FRINGE groups. it is now merely a popuarity contest: who's message is the MOST popular with the masses, period. simple, really... osterity or 'free stuff'. also knwn as 'bread and circuses'...
idiots...
I did not find him very persuasive even when I agreed with him, which was often.

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#71352 Dec 11, 2012
Ralff wrote:
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
"...you will see me posting in support and opposition of issues from both points of view..."
Uhmmm....right.
The problem ralff, is that you change positions more often than most of us change our underwear and more often than not it seems to be out of the convenience of the moment rather than conviction.
You support Obamacare.
You voted for Obama.
You think the rich need to quit whining and pay their fair share of taxes...
I hate to tell you this ralff, but I think you're a democrat.
:)
Posi wrote <quoted text>
Notice the attention deficit disorder of jack's too? I said;
"you will see me posting in support and opposition of issues from both points of view as the subject changes and as I see fit."
But jack could only hold on for "...you will see me posting in support and opposition of issues from both points of view..."
That changed the whole meaning of it.
I am sure NTR will have words with him about that! <Cough, cough, choke>
You seem awfully concerned with what "Jack" has to say these days ralff.

Let me make this simple.

You're a fraud.

Does that clear up the confusion?
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#71353 Dec 11, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Maybe.
I would use a script. It's faster and easier on the hands.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#71354 Dec 11, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy enough.
I speak English.
Try using that.
I do too, to the best of my ability. Perhaps you should be, in addition to speaking it, trying to understand it to the best of your ability. Without dramatics.

“Obama SUCKS!”

Since: Feb 08

La Porte, TX

#71355 Dec 11, 2012
The liberals on here sure are bitter and angry. Seems like all I see is personal attacks and name calling. You know that check you get each month comes from our "right-wing" paychecks right? Haven't you people ever heard "Don't bite the hand that feeds you." ?

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#71356 Dec 11, 2012
Tom Cat wrote:
"A spotlight over what appears to be conservative "scams" in order to part supporters from their money, but instead of the money going to support conservative causes, they're going to the very high-profile individuals involved in these groups."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =b191lFS87rAXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
News flash for you from jack;
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#71358 Dec 11, 2012
Ralff wrote:
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
"...you will see me posting in support and opposition of issues from both points of view..."
Uhmmm....right.
The problem ralff, is that you change positions more often than most of us change our underwear and more often than not it seems to be out of the convenience of the moment rather than conviction.
You support Obamacare.
You voted for Obama.
You think the rich need to quit whining and pay their fair share of taxes...
I hate to tell you this ralff, but I think you're a democrat.
:)
Posi wrote <quoted text>
Notice the attention deficit disorder of jack's too? I said;
"you will see me posting in support and opposition of issues from both points of view as the subject changes and as I see fit."
But jack could only hold on for "...you will see me posting in support and opposition of issues from both points of view..."
That changed the whole meaning of it.
I am sure NTR will have words with him about that! <Cough, cough, choke>
"That changed the whole meaning of it."
I know this. So does Eugine and the firm.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#71359 Dec 11, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps if you read what the President is doing about jobs you might see things a little differently.
THE AMERICAN JOBS ACT
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files...
Many Democrats have balked at the bill, siding with the Republicans, especially those facing difficult re-elections in congressional districts where they are hesitant to support unpopular legislation.[49] A majority of the Democrats support individual components of the bill, but are unwilling to commit to the bill in its entirety, despite the White House's disapproval of the weak showing of support. Some Democrats from core Democratic districts oppose the American Jobs Act because it gives more tax breaks, thus contributing more to the federal deficit, which has given Obama more responsibility to sell the plan first to the American public, as he has done on a very prominent, nationwide speaking tour.[50][51][52]

Both moderate and progressive Democrats have expressed concerns about the bill. Joe Manchin, a more moderate-leaning Democrat, has openly voiced his opposition with the administration by arguing against the inclusion of too much spending, given by his remarks on September 29, "The ugly part of that act is $450 billion of spending, after we've spent, spent, spent." On the other side, progressive Democrat Peter DeFazio, a more progressive-leaning Democrat from Oregon, argued against the inclusion of nearly $250 billion of tax breaks, saying "Half of it is tax cuts, and quite frankly tax cuts don't work."[53][54]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Jobs_Ac...

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#71360 Dec 11, 2012
Tom Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an "independent"?
You spam the most outrageous Republican endorsed propaganda that I have ever seen but you expect me to believe that you're an independent?
LOL!!!
I get a kick out of how all you right wing Republican blowhards "pretend" to be independents because you're ashamed of being a Republican.
I don't blame you. Being a Republican sucks.
An independent might have (at least once) posted something positive about the other side...or been negative toward both.

Haven't seen that from these idiots.

On the other hand, we are talking about people who think the republican party lost this election because they were too moderate so they probably don't consider themselves republicans even though that's where their votes will go.

Ralff on the other hand seems to believe that screaming "anybody but Obama" right up until the minute he voted for him makes him a "free thinker".

Personally, I think he's just too much of a coward to discuss these issues in depth because his more conservative friends are not going to appreciate a man that voted for Obama just to stop them from repealing Obamacare...if he did in fact vote for Obama.

You've got to remember, I've already been through this "don't get mad about what I say on the thread" thing with them so it may just all be a big farce.

Who knows? Who cares? It's not like they matter anymore.

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#71362 Dec 11, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
News flash for you from jack;
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...
Here's a news flash from Jack.

That post has nothing to do with what you are replying to.

I should know.

I wrote it.

You seem a little weak today ralff.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#71363 Dec 11, 2012
GeeShayla wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no socks. I am too busy being me to bother with them. LOL Look in Rose's house instead.
Mmmmmm, these cookies are rock hard. LOL
http://ask.metafilter.com/140612/What-is-the-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 3 min True Judgment 5,851
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 min WHAT 36,100
News Trump to meet with Congressional Black Caucus a... 7 min Forest 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Dudley 1,496,790
News Why voters want Trump is a question deserving s... 14 min Forest 362
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 19 min RushFan666 168
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min District 1 237,279
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 1 hr duck femocrats 188
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 1 hr josh 20,880
News Pence: US will hold Russia accountable, stands ... 7 hr swampmudd 76
More from around the web