The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336863 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#71318 Dec 11, 2012
"A spotlight over what appears to be conservative "scams" in order to part supporters from their money, but instead of the money going to support conservative causes, they're going to the very high-profile individuals involved in these groups."

&fe ature=player_embedded

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Wekweti NT

#71319 Dec 11, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you mean the "two party system".
We haven't had a "bipartisan system" for a very long time now.
It's hard to understand what you're saying when you don't use the proper terminology.
It's hard to use the proper terminology when I don't know how you interpret what I am saying.
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#71320 Dec 11, 2012
Cricket 23 wrote:
Stimulus and bailouts. Where did all that money go?
It went to Democrat contributors, organizations (ACORN), and unions --
including billions of dollars to save or create jobs of government employees
across the country.
It went to save GM and Chrysler so that their employees could keep paying
union dues.
It went to AIG so that Goldman Sachs could be bailed out (after giving Obama
almost $1 million in contributions).
A staggering $125 billion went to teachers (thereby protecting their union
dues).
All those public employees will vote loyally Democrat to protect their
bloated salaries and pensions that are bankrupting America .
The country goes broke, future generations face a bleak future, but Obama,
the Democrat Party, government, and the unions grow more powerful.
The ends justify the means.
http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch
And it also went to Republicans and their coffers also. Lets not pretend that your Republican party is somehow doing you and I a favor by promoting their hypocrisy.

Republican Stimulus Hypocrisy Should Enrage Every Struggling American
http://www.politicususa.com/republican-stimul...
higgans

Marion, IN

#71321 Dec 11, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> You're mistaken, because frankly, the only thing you're focused on is tax hikes on the rich. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but your non-stop whining is full of your real agenda. You don't care about "the children". I don't buy that for a minute. You're the same b*tch who doesn't support increasing public schools funding, and without these children getting a proper education, they'll be even more deeply burdened than you can imagine. INVESTING in America is required, not incidental or something you eliminate in order to cope with the deficit. We can, in fact, cut our way into complete stagnation where nobody here has any hope. You're the same b*tch who resents WIC payments to feed children whose brains are being developed and which, without adequate nutrition, they will never have good minds. Once that window closes, it slams shut. Do you want a bunch of dimwitted idiots running the streets, or would you prefer we have people capable of holding a job and contributing?
Whine, whine, whine. You somehow believe that anybody who sees the absolute need to invest in America (which does involve spending money) is somehow liberal as opposed to thoughtful about the future. Nobody assumes raising tax rates on the wealthy is going to solve our problems. It simply displaces the immediate burden away from those who can least afford to be taxed more in favor of maintaining some level of support where it is greatly needed to avoid hunger and misery. It leaves consumer money in the hands of consumers to help maintain and/or boast demand for goods and services - mandatory if we are to lift the economy and production and create jobs. Otherwise everybody can continue in decline as will the infrastructure.
If we don't invest in a crumbling infrastructure now, how do you expect us to compete in a global environment? We're heading for failure without those kinds of investments.
The President has made it clear that he is willing to make spending cuts, and he is willing to discuss changes to both Medicare and Social Security - just not on a moment's notice. He's demanded changes be thoughtful and that any restructure is given the kind of consideration it requires not to harm Americans who have spent their working lives paying for this program. It isn't some d*mned "freebie". They've paid for the privilege and without having any option as long as they worked on somebody's payroll.
I'm very harsh with you because I don't believe much of anything you say since you never say anything that isn't negative or fearful or slanderous about the President.
Why don't you say where we should invest, or if you think we can regain a position of strength in a global competitive economy by simply cutting our way to success? How does that work? What economic model is that?
who's focued ONLY on tax hikes? who? does the name Obama ring a bell?lol
tell us, Mother, how DOES one teach a child that is sent to school tired, hungry, mentally un-prepared, unruly and anti-social, un-medicated... in other words: UN-PARENTED?
we are falling behind the other countries because they still have FAMILY values, old-fashionded IDEAS of right and wrong... societies that are centuries older than ours. oh, well, that's PROGRESS for you...lol
idiots ALL...

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#71322 Dec 11, 2012
So B.O. goes to Michigan yesterday to shown his support for the union members that help put him back in office by telling them to fight for their right.
(Check out his speech)

Today the union thugs beat up the right to work supporters.

And it's B.O.'s fault!

Right?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Wekweti NT

#71323 Dec 11, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...better him than me.
Ralff, "OH! I've got mail".
Posit's just borrowing a few tricks from his latest mentor.
Hey Free, how ya doin'?
You are talking about me again, Jack, and telling lies. UH UH UH! Now what were you saying about lying?
My conscience is my mentor. Past, present and future. You could have seen that mailbox if circumstances had been different. But you know the old saying "Once bitten twice shy", don't you?
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#71324 Dec 11, 2012
Protesters rip down the tent of "Americans for Prosperity" at the Michigan State Capitol. That's a great way to tell the Koch Brothers to go "F^%$#@K" themselves.

I get a kick out of how Fox News portrays a treasonous Republican party in Michigan as the "victims" because they decided to mess with the unions.

We all know that the Republican party is attempting to attack unions becuase Republicans like to pay Americans crap wages.

Well all I have to say is F!@#$%^K Fox News, Republicans and Conservatives who think that paying crap wages is somehow "American" or "Patriotic".

Lets see all the anti-union blowhards take a cut in their own profits and lets see how much they like it. Better yet...... lets "TAX" the crap out of the rich since they think that "the right to get paid less" for Americans is a good idea!!!
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#71325 Dec 11, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, our firm has many members. LOL
Playing with the "cookies" again?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Wekweti NT

#71326 Dec 11, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at me being all surprised.
All I see is a smile of approval. Are you surprised too? I didn't "see" that. LOL

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#71327 Dec 11, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...better him than me.
Ralff, "OH! I've got mail".
Posit's just borrowing a few tricks from his latest mentor.
Hey Free, how ya doin'?
Hi Jack, lol, remember how exciting it was to receive mail when we were kids? That's what Ralff reminds me of when he makes those announcements. Like Charlie Brown hanging around the mailbox, waiting for that invitation to Violet's birthday party.

I missed last night's drama, still catching up.
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#71328 Dec 11, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
who's focued ONLY on tax hikes? who? does the name Obama ring a bell?lol
tell us, Mother, how DOES one teach a child that is sent to school tired, hungry, mentally un-prepared, unruly and anti-social, un-medicated... in other words: UN-PARENTED?
we are falling behind the other countries because they still have FAMILY values, old-fashionded IDEAS of right and wrong... societies that are centuries older than ours. oh, well, that's PROGRESS for you...lol
idiots ALL...
That's right. Tax the rich since the rich are the only ones making any money right now. If the rich were to actually employ their "trickle down economics" ideology there would me more Americans capable of paying taxes but that's not the case.

So we're only going to focus on taxing the rich until the rich decides to "create jobs".

You don't like you you can move back to Canada or wherever your ancestors came from!

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#71329 Dec 11, 2012
justagi wrote:
<quoted text>Notice: I'm not the one who keeps bringing it up. I really do appreciate your concern, though. downright decent of you. Several of my superiors have already heard it, and they kinda silently nod- we have enough demons to deal with without adding more. Unlike someone (USM), I have peoples' lives to consider, much more important than proving how much I know (or can google, as long as I don't have any responsibility). Once again, thank you for your advice.
Moving on...
"I have peoples' lives to consider"

Oh BS! All the planing and risk mitigating happens way before they reveal the operations order to your Brigade commander. By the time it get's down to your level, it's nothing more than execution. You have no voice. That's why you are called Infantry.

"Infantry: From Middle French infanterie, from older Italian, possibly from Spanish infanterķa "foot soldiers, force composed of those too inexperienced or low in rank for cavalry," from infante "foot soldier," originally "a youth", either way from Latin infans'(child) who doesn't speak."

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/infantry

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#71330 Dec 11, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, our firm has many members. LOL
I wonder then, if you have a rich emailing life going on behind the scenes. I used to belong to an email group, never got anything else done - but we had a lot of fun.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Wekweti NT

#71331 Dec 11, 2012
Tom Cat wrote:
Republicans in Michigan are douche bags.
They make them for those who claim a right to work.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#71332 Dec 11, 2012
Tom Cat wrote:
<quoted text>

And it also went to Republicans and their coffers also.

Lets not pretend that your Republican party is somehow doing you and I a favor by promoting their hypocrisy.

Republican Stimulus Hypocrisy Should Enrage Every Struggling American
http://www.politicususa.com/republican-stimul...
So who was in control of both the Senate and House?

I'm a independent!
Tom Cat

Los Angeles, CA

#71333 Dec 11, 2012
Cricket 23 wrote:
So B.O. goes to Michigan yesterday to shown his support for the union members that help put him back in office by telling them to fight for their right.
(Check out his speech)
Today the union thugs beat up the right to work supporters.
And it's B.O.'s fault!
Right?
It's good that the Koch Brothers funded "Americans for Prosperity" got "beaten up". They're nothing more than meatwad puppets that want to attack the wages of Americans.

Too bad there was no bloodshed to go with that "getting beaten up".
higgans

Marion, IN

#71335 Dec 11, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmm...I think you've got that backwards.
Free thinking doesn't fit the PARTISAN realm and never has.
Bipartisanship on the other hand (reaching across the aisle to find common ground for the common good) requires a great deal of "free thinking" and a good measure of courage in this hyper-partisan political culture.
Keep trying....
free thinking?
let's see... in a Constitutional Republic:
giving ALL women the right to vote 1) by amendmend or 2) National Law?
a consensus was reached and an amend was put forth and passed. that IS free thinking about an old idea (voters' rights).#2 would be UN-Constitutional!
going to War 1) pass an amendment or 2) pass a War Powers Act?
since the Constitution was NOT amended,#2 the WPA (funny, yes?) IS a USURPTION of IT. may be free thinking but NOT legal.
I guess my point is: free thinking is NOT only bi-partisanship and reaching a consensus... NOT in a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.
try again....
idiots...

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#71337 Dec 11, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>It's hard to use the proper terminology when I don't know how you interpret what I am saying.
Easy enough.

I speak English.

Try using that.

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#71338 Dec 11, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
"...you will see me posting in support and opposition of issues from both points of view..."
Uhmmm....right.
The problem ralff, is that you change positions more often than most of us change our underwear and more often than not it seems to be out of the convenience of the moment rather than conviction.
You support Obamacare.
You voted for Obama.
You think the rich need to quit whining and pay their fair share of taxes...
I hate to tell you this ralff, but I think you're a democrat.
:)

Posi wrote
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Geeez Jack. Why are you tagging a group label onto the free thinking individual he claims to be?
You are doing just what he said is being done. Pidgeonholeing.
Notice the attention deficit disorder of jack's too? I said;

"you will see me posting in support and opposition of issues from both points of view as the subject changes and as I see fit."

But jack could only hold on for "...you will see me posting in support and opposition of issues from both points of view..."

That changed the whole meaning of it.

I am sure NTR will have words with him about that! <Cough, cough, choke>
higgans

Marion, IN

#71339 Dec 11, 2012
Tom Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. Tax the rich since the rich are the only ones making any money right now. If the rich were to actually employ their "trickle down economics" ideology there would me more Americans capable of paying taxes but that's not the case.
So we're only going to focus on taxing the rich until the rich decides to "create jobs".
You don't like you you can move back to Canada or wherever your ancestors came from!
my ancestors came from NJ... is that a foreign country?lol
from the fifth gen back, I don't know but believe most probably even another 3 or 4 gens back before I get to Europe... mayhaps ten or more?
today rich is $250k... next year after 'Rich Flight',$150k? then $75k,$50k????
idiots...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 12 min Brian_G 1,253
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min Grey Ghost 1,264,199
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 38 min Chimney1 172,004
1Z0-432 dumps, Oracle Certification 1Z0-432 pra... 41 min H3134313mock3 1
1Z0-061 dumps, Oracle Certification 1Z0-061 pra... 43 min H3134313mock3 1
1Z0-060 dumps, Oracle Certification 1Z0-060 pra... 44 min H3134313mock2 1
1Z0-053 dumps, Oracle Certification 1Z0-053 pra... 44 min H3134313mock2 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 194,661
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr Crow__ 190,400
News Clinton Slams 'New York Times' Over False ... 9 hr Mothra 68
More from around the web