The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409684 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#70486 Dec 9, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
"...a cantankerous old woman who insisted that nothing should ever be allowed to change..."
Uhmmmm...wow...this is just too easy.
Okay Honey, guess where I'm goin' with this one.
;)
Think of her question and exclamation mark keys Jack.....

Can they really take any more?? LOL

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#70487 Dec 9, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
He tried that during his first term and it didn't work. He's not pushing or bullying anyone. He's standing his ground, you know like they do in Florida?
Ramming the Healthcare bill through without input from the Republicans WE voted for to represent us is "pushing" AND defying the wishing of the people to be heard through they elected to represent them.

The issue comes from both sides rose.

Since: Feb 09

Fayetteville, TN

#70488 Dec 9, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas! You finally found it. LOL!
As you can see the prohibition is not found in the Constitution or in the UCMJ - it's a 'Standing Order' that can be revoked by the President at any time.
Now that you finally found the DOD directive, tell me how that applies to a civilian like Terry?
One more time, you stoopid twit, I never said it was in the Constitution. Your memory is shot. Try looking for it in the post I claimed to be a SSG (correct abbreviation) in. Neither exists, but that seldom keeps a civilian liberal doofus from attempting to look smart.

Fayetteville, TN

#70489 Dec 9, 2012
http://www.cis.org/2012-profile-of-americas-f...

More data for obamabots. All but USMAIL will likely be energetic enough to open it.

Location hidden

#70490 Dec 9, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
One report only. That is all it took. Substantiate your wildazz accusation or it will should you have none.
Denials are futile Ralffy. ;)

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#70491 Dec 9, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
As Romney received a little over 47% of the vote, I would not consider that as "solidly rejected". In addition, a little more than 49% of the total voters did NOT vote for Obama so he certainly did NOT win by a landslide.
Unity will not be found until they stop playing that little game "It was a mandate so stfu!"and of course they will blame those they mock for causing the problem they are making.

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#70492 Dec 9, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Senate filibuster challenged in court
By Pete Williams, NBC News justice correspondent
12/09/2012
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/...
Filibusters in the US Senate have become the parliamentary maneuver everyone loves to hate. The technique may be losing its luster, but is it unconstitutional?
A federal court in Washington on Monday takes up a legal challenge to the Senate filibuster brought by four House Democrats and the political reform group Common Cause, which calls the procedure "an accident of history, not included in the Constitution and never contemplated by its drafters." (cont.)
Interesting. You had no problem with it when the Dems used it.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#70493 Dec 9, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ramming the Healthcare bill through without input from the Republicans WE voted for to represent us is "pushing" AND defying the wishing of the people to be heard through they elected to represent them.
The issue comes from both sides rose.
You've been heard.

You're just not going to get what you want.

“Natural selection created apes”

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#70494 Dec 9, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
That fault mail is experiencing effects far more than her memory too. At the very minimum the whole brain is wired wrong and the affects may go even further.
How about you take an english course? You write like the anti-rejection drugs rejected your brain.

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#70496 Dec 9, 2012
<quoted text>
You just don't get it, Ralff and are refusing to.
Topix allows a great many posters from both sides of this so-called debate, and on many other threads besides to get away with outrageously offensive, vulgar and vile comments without ever banning them. I can name some examples from these very threads.
The point is the number and intensity of reports they get from other posters, like you and whoever else reported REWBA, and I know you were not the only one. It was a group effort.
I know what I'm talking about from personal experience on these threads. I had someone and many report me repeatedly, and one even bragged about getting me banned on many occasions.
If your logic were true, YOU would have banned based on some posts you have made as would many others here. It's all about who a group decides to get rid of at the time, and how they are reported.
So, while it's true that the content of posts is a factor, the MAJOR factor is the number of reports Topix gets. They would rather get rid of all the annoying reports by banning the poster in question. You just enjoyed getting REWBA banned. It made you feel important. It's a control and power thing, and some people here think that reporting to Topix and getting someone banned is worthy of a medal and makes them a hero when all it is is snitching to Topix and nothing else.
You don't get it do you? I made one report a rewba was gone because her own words.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70497 Dec 9, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
"...a cantankerous old woman who insisted that nothing should ever be allowed to change..."
Uhmmmm...wow...this is just too easy.
Okay Honey, guess where I'm goin' with this one.
;)
I really don't care where you go with it Jack.

I may be somewhat biased, but I do not consider myself cantankerous or old. Opinionated? Yes. Defensive? In some situations, yes. Pushy? Can be. Bossy? Sometimes. When you spend your entire career instructing and managing people, it is hard to break the habit. I am working on it!

Location hidden

#70498 Dec 9, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a mod either and do not know Topix specific rules for banning someone, but I do not agree with your theory. If that were true, posters would ban together to get people they do not like removed regularly. I would think Topix mods are required to provide an explanation to someone for banning them. I don't think that would be "I received ten complaints on your post". I would think they must indicate what was in the post which required the ban.
LOL

Well, you don't have to agree with my "theory". Topix can remove posts and ban someone for any reason. They don't have to give explanation. This is a privately owned forum.

In Rewba's case there's no doubt he violated the Tos but without ralffy's pushing and likely some others, Topix would not have bothered.

It still doesn't change that Ralffy got Rewba banned because he made a fool of him.

Whether he reported him once time or a hundred times, he did it out of spite and then bragged about it as if it was some great accomplishment.

Ralff is lame. lol

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#70499 Dec 9, 2012
justagi wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong- prove it.
Good luck with that...
Brad

Manchester, CT

#70500 Dec 9, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it do you? I made one report a rewba was gone because her own words.
Liberals love,love love to re-assign blame.

Location hidden

#70501 Dec 9, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of her question and exclamation mark keys Jack.....
Can they really take any more?? LOL
As I have posted before. Just a side affect of a type A personality. Just can't help myself!!!!!!!!

Fayetteville, TN

#70503 Dec 9, 2012
<quoted text>
P.S.
These threads are not routinely monitored, so the only way Topix moderators even know about offensive posts is through the FEEDBACK system. In other words, unless certain posts/posters are brought to Topix attention, then wouldn't even know.
Did you know Topix used to charge posters $19.95 for a "priority review?" They would look at your report immediately as long as you paid, and you could almost be guaranteed of getting someone banned.
They did away with that stupid practice after being sued.
Truth is Topix doesn't give a rat's ass about what people post--they care about the number of users and the money, nothing else.
Amen. On the "other" ISP I use, this forum will occassionaly refuse to load because of the ads. I've had to "refresh" as many as eight times to get it to simply let me scroll.

Religion made them human

#70505 Dec 9, 2012
Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you've done a great job as a snitch. I mean, after all, what right do people have to voice their own opinions? Good to know with whom I'm dealing. I hope you have more to offer than that.
He doesn't. Alike Posit, he worships the god of ignorance.

Religion made them human

#70506 Dec 9, 2012
Dont Panic wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the only one on these threads trying to boot anyone. Everyone else is having a conversation. That conversation is always interupted whenever you come into the room. It seems that if you are not the topic, you scream and pout until one of two things happen. Either we make you the topic of the conversation or you ger butt hurt and start crying to the mods like the beady eyed little tattle tail that you are.
A cada cerdo le llega su Noche Buena.

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#70507 Dec 9, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wrong? I voted for Obama dumbazz."
Horseshit! You made up that story on January 7 - that's one day too late, leech. Up until that point you were rooting for The Mutts victory. You made up that story to justify the Obamacare teat sucking that you and your family are enjoying.
I stated who I voted for and why on election day. NTR even later commented that she believed me as my reasons were constant with what I said to her over the years in private massages. You have no evidence to the contrary. Go look it up.

You are a waste.

Location hidden

#70508 Dec 9, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been heard.
You're just not going to get what you want.
I don't think we were heard. Polls have shown a large majority of Americans (democratic and republican) were not for Obamacare. We also still do not know how it will really affect us. I assume my health insurance payment will go up, but I do not know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 min USA 14,922
News Atlanta mayor to Trump: 'John Lewis an American... 6 min no bitchassness a... 115
News In Trump We Trust: Inauguration prompts celebra... 6 min Holy Guacamole 30
News Chelsea Manning: a potent symbol for transgende... 7 min no bitchassness a... 19
News News 16 Mins Ago Inaugural speech is Trump's ti... 9 min Truth 145
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 12 min no bitchassness a... 4,989
News Piano Guys play 'Fight Song' at Donald Trump's ... 13 min Holy Guacamole 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min Cheech the Conser... 1,481,956
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 35 min no bitchassness a... 4,739
News Actors, mayors rally at inauguration eve Trump ... 2 hr slick willie expl... 35
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 3 hr Go Trump 18,083
More from around the web