The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 341558 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#70232 Dec 9, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I drive a GMC Sierra pickup 99% of the time. It's a wonderful vehicle and hauls mulch, takes the Kubota in for service, junk to the dump, furniture anywhere it needs to go, hauls the four wheeler on a trailer, even pulls a boat once in awhile. It's a great durable dependable little gas hog that does the heavy lifting. The 71 sits in a garage under a dust cover. So what? It's cute. I could afford it. It's paid for. It's not a Ferrari. It's an old wonderful piece of automotive history. Do you object?
But you do drive the 71 280 SL don't you?

#70233 Dec 9, 2012
WOW!! don't know what happen?

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#70235 Dec 9, 2012
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about "Patriotism" then turn around and voted for someone that disrespects our flag and bows to the Saudi King!
Hypocrite!!
Obama and the National Anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Fwog6E08CFUXX&feature=rel ated
Obama Bows to Saudi King v2 Extra Footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it"
You voted for a man who wanted to further enrich the already rich at the expense of the poor - a man who wanted to increase Defense spending at a point in time when we need to reduce the deficit, not throw more money into defense contractors. Was he planning on starting up some more wars? You voted for a man who thinks 47% of us aren't worth considering, simply because we don't earn enough like the "middle class" - you know, people who make $250,000 a year - his version of the middle class. You voted for a man who refused to release the names of his bundlers so that we'd never know how much kickback was coming down the pipe. You voted for a man who flip-flopped on his positions more than a dolphin at Sea World. You consider THAT patriotic? He couldn't even get the math right. This country is only as stable as the people in it. When you create instability and hunger, you destroy an orderly predictable society. Obama was the better man - by far.

#70236 Dec 9, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>

You voted for a man who wanted to further enrich the already rich at the expense of the poor -

a man who wanted to increase Defense spending at a point in time when we need to reduce the deficit
Please!

Did you whine that loud when "Pelosi" was spending money like a drunken Sailor??

Where was your concern about reducing the deficit then??

If you are so concern about the deficit problem,then why did you vote to put B.O. back in office again??

So he can spend another $6 TRILLION?? lol

Hypocrite!!

Debt Has Increased $5 Trillion Since Speaker Pelosi Vowed,'No New Deficit Spending'

( CNSNews.com )- When Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) gave her inaugural address as speaker of the House in 2007, she vowed there would be "no new deficit spending." Since that day, the national debt has increased by $5 trillion, according to the U.S. Treasury Department.

"After years of historic deficits, this 110th Congress will commit itself to a higher standard: Pay as you go, no new deficit spending," Pelosi said in her speech from the speaker's podium.

******"Our new America will provide unlimited opportunity for future generations, not burden them with mountains of debt."******

Pelosi has served as speaker in the 110th and 111th Congresses.

Read rest of stroy below:

#70237 Dec 9, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/06/01/4...

Jun 1, 2012

Even with today’s disappointing and troubling jobs report, private sector job creation under President Obama has far exceeded private sector job creation under President Bush.

40 months into his presidential term, there are currently more private sector jobs in the economy than when Obama came into office.

At the same point in President Bush’s term, the total number of private sector jobs was still down 1.7 percent from where it began....But there is one area of job creation where President Bush clearly outshines President Obama: the public sector.

Public sector employment is now down 608,000 workers since January 2009, a 2.7 percent decline.

At the same point in President Bush’s term, public sector employment was up 3.7 percent.

If, over the past 40 months, public sector employment had grown at the same pace as it did in President Bush’s first term, there would be 1.4 million additional people at work right now.

That’d be enough to bring the unemployment rate down by nearly a full percentage point.
(cont.)

(See Chart at link.)
LOL!!!

73% Of Jobs Created In Last 5 Months Are In Government

By John Nolte

While the media pants with exhilaration over a dip in the unemployment level that was created by over a half-million people giving up and dropping out of the workforce, a deep-dive into the employment numbers also reveals that it's mainly government workers benefitting from what meager job growth we are seeing.

Over the last five months, 73% of all jobs created were government jobs. Moreover, the unemployment rate for government workers plunged to 3.8% in November -- which is considered full employment.

Even though deficits rule the day at every level of government, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, of the 847,000 new jobs created since June, a full 621,000 were government jobs.

In November alone, 35,000 new government jobs were created.

Read the Full Story at Breitbart.com

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/government-jobs/201...

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#70239 Dec 9, 2012
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please!
Did you whine that loud when "Pelosi" was spending money like a drunken Sailor??
If you are so concern about the deficit problem,then why did you vote to put B.O. back in office again??
Hypocrite!!
Debt Has Increased $5 Trillion Since Speaker Pelosi Vowed,'No New Deficit Spending'
( CNSNews.com )- When Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) gave her inaugural address as speaker of the House in 2007, she vowed there would be "no new deficit spending." Since that day, the national debt has increased by $5 trillion, according to the U.S. Treasury Department.
"After years of historic deficits, this 110th Congress will commit itself to a higher standard: Pay as you go, no new deficit spending," Pelosi said in her speech from the speaker's podium.
******"Our new America will provide unlimited opportunity for future generations, not burden them with mountains of debt."******
CNS? Pffft!

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#70240 Dec 9, 2012
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
73% Of Jobs Created In Last 5 Months Are In Government
By John Nolte
While the media pants with exhilaration over a dip in the unemployment level that was created by over a half-million people giving up and dropping out of the workforce, a deep-dive into the employment numbers also reveals that it's mainly government workers benefitting from what meager job growth we are seeing.
Over the last five months, 73% of all jobs created were government jobs. Moreover, the unemployment rate for government workers plunged to 3.8% in November -- which is considered full employment.
Even though deficits rule the day at every level of government, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, of the 847,000 new jobs created since June, a full 621,000 were government jobs.
In November alone, 35,000 new government jobs were created.
Read the Full Story at Breitbart.com
Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/government-jobs/201...
Breitbart? Pffft!

I keep asking you why you're afraid of reading MSM? Are you afraid you might learn something different than your warped perspectives? Must be.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#70241 Dec 9, 2012
You're the whiner here, Cricket. I voted for the winner;-) You incessantly whine about the winner because you supported the loser - again. Pelosi can't spend money. She signs nothing into law. You need to study how government operates, Cricket, and please start reading SOMETHING from reliable news sources. Youtubes and far right websites have crippled your brain.
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please!
Hypocrite!!

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#70242 Dec 9, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>My take is that the real objection is that Terry has used an old photo from his service days in his avatar, and Terry is not a right wing extremist who despises the President. Consequently, he cannot be left in peace to display his patriotism and service, since he's on the wrong side of "right". They must badger, condescend, find fault and make every effort possible including citing active duty military laws in order to discredit the man with a rational reasonable moderate perspective.
That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.
LEAVE TERRY ALONE, you sour grapes jerks. He served. He isn't currently serving, and it's nonya' if he chooses an avatar from his days in uniform. If he goes silhouette format, he'll still be more sensible and intelligent than 99% of the haters here.
If that's what started all of this then you're right.

Terry has the right to use that photograph if he wants to.

He isn't active duty and he has not presented his opinions as having any official sanction from the Armed Forces so what's the problem?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#70243 Dec 9, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Relax - Don't Panic :)
Guess who's favorite words are:
beady
sweaty
butthurt
;0)
Those? The words of a clow?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

United States

#70244 Dec 9, 2012
Dont Panic wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what you get for clicking on Ralff's links. Don't say I didn't warn you about that guy. He loves being horrible and malicious.
You are FOS. There are too many silent readers that know where he lives for him to do that and he certainly wouldn't endanger himself.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#70245 Dec 9, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =a8Uzikag7XoXX
FAMILY of God-fearing people :)
By the way ...
I'm NOT laughing ...
Pity is more like it!
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
You laugh at us because we are different.
We laugh at you because you are all the same.
==========
Everyday People - Sly and the Family Stone
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
He sees us as that different unit. You know, that awful *straight" element?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#70246 Dec 9, 2012
Dont Panic wrote:
Buffalo is too cold. I like snow cones and there are no better snow cones than the snow cones you get in in Brazil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Hi Tinka.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#70247 Dec 9, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Pawn Stars wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Republican Honey. That was very kind of you. You didn't have to do it but you did. And I thank you.
ZZ Top - I thank you
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
The link doesn't seem to work. That's ok though.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#70248 Dec 9, 2012
Pope John Paul III wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything will be alright my son I'm praying for you.
I'm sorry but he won't recover, sir. My son will be arriving soon. We will rejoice. He will come to sitteth at my right hand for evermore. His birthday will be celebrated for eternity.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#70249 Dec 9, 2012
American Lady wrote:
HUMANE = HUMANS
Some are impossible, that's for sure. One would think common sense would play a good position in any forum.
There is truly the dearth of it in many. Some you just can't talk common sense into them. It truly amazes me.

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

#70250 Dec 9, 2012
In the interest of peace and harmony, I will not use that photo which has caused such an outcry from our patriotic conservatives. Of course, this will in no way change my thinking. I simply thought it might give people some idea from whence that thinking came. Personally, I happen to like thu blues and it is, without a doubt the best photo I've ever had taken; my looks haven't improved with age.
So! Without the photo; I still think that the U.S. elected the right man for the job. I still think that Romney could not be pinned down to one position on ANY issue. I still think that, if we had not elected Mr. Obama in 2008, we would still be standing in soup lines. I still think that anyone who refers to the President as a wannabe king or dictator is utilizing reductio ad absurdum, which is a fallacy in logic and belittles those who resort to it. And finally, My messages aren't blocked. If you have a problem with me personally, drop me a line.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#70251 Dec 9, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Kentucky currently taxes retiree income at the $41,000 level. As the state seeks to broaden the tax base, the committee responsible for so doing has recommended taxing retiree income as low as $15,000 and above. That should definitely broaden the tax base and bring in a lot of revenue for the state. So, if your pension is $1250/mo., you'll be taxed. Forgive me, but does anybody think these folks are living well and need to be taxed? Do you know any seniors who live on that kind of pension who have much if any extra beyond the bare basics? Republican Hooey thinks they SHOULD pay state income tax.
What do you get from your state having a income tax?? Lower property taxes or sales tax's?? I don't live in a state with income taxes but if I did I probably support taxing all income.. I just don't know what the benefit of states having income taxes..

Eagle

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#70252 Dec 9, 2012
Dont Panic wrote:
<quoted text>
"You DO realize your ISP is shown to be Canada, don't you?"
Don't mind that ISP locator. It's just showing where my flying saucer is at the time of the post. Where am I now?
Keep your papers handy, some countries don't tolerate "undocumenteds".

Since: Feb 07

Puerto Rico

#70253 Dec 9, 2012
Terry Buckeye wrote:
In the interest of peace and harmony, I will not use that photo which has caused such an outcry from our patriotic conservatives. Of course, this will in no way change my thinking. I simply thought it might give people some idea from whence that thinking came. Personally, I happen to like thu blues and it is, without a doubt the best photo I've ever had taken; my looks haven't improved with age.
So! Without the photo; I still think that the U.S. elected the right man for the job. I still think that Romney could not be pinned down to one position on ANY issue. I still think that, if we had not elected Mr. Obama in 2008, we would still be standing in soup lines. I still think that anyone who refers to the President as a wannabe king or dictator is utilizing reductio ad absurdum, which is a fallacy in logic and belittles those who resort to it. And finally, My messages aren't blocked. If you have a problem with me personally, drop me a line.
Hey Terry. My opinion is that you should put your pic back in your avatar. There was nothing wrong with it; there was nothing prohibited about it, and you liked the way that it represented you, personally. Since we're still a free people, you are free to use that pic. Freedoms should neither be wasted, nor compromised.

It was pretty funny, though, regarding all of the whining that it engendered. I would put it back for no other reason than that, but that's just me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,278,552
News Judge jails Kentucky clerk for refusing marriag... 10 min Strel 55
News Tim Scott defends use of 'all lives matter' 10 min Le Jimbo 7
News Kentucky clerk rejects couples again: 'They don... 11 min nuk pu nik 113
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min HILLARY 2016 194,280
News Enter the Bear: Does Russia plan air strikes on... 11 min tiny FUHRER PUTIN 7
News Mike Huckabee says Hillary Clinton should go to... 12 min Gremlin 25
News Judge jails Kentucky clerk for refusing marriag... 17 min Billy Ringo 210
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr woodtick57 197,168
More from around the web