The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 387994 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Jun 10

San Francisco, CA

#69963 Dec 8, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You just junk up this thread with stupid comments about people. That seems to be about all you share with the exception of your lectures.
Hypocrite, liar and bore.

San Francisco, CA

#69964 Dec 8, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are just a sweet. little, old lady!!!! Right!
Quote from Rose: She's a hypocritical, two-faced, busybody b*tch......in my opinion of course. LOL!
Pathetic and childish as always.

San Francisco, CA

#69965 Dec 8, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You REALLY want to see a lecture???? Go back and read some of the lengthy posts to me from Rose! True lectures honey!!!
Childish. Has to tattle tale to deflect from her own rudeness.

San Francisco, CA

#69966 Dec 8, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this is what is "not very nice"!!!!
Quote from Rose: She's a hypocritical, two-faced, busybody b*tch......in my opinion of course. LOL!
Compare "shut up" to "hypocritical", "two-faced", "busybody", and "b*tch" all in one sentence.
LMFAO! What a whiny little baby you are.

I thought you just said you were a "big girl" and could take it. You're about three-years-old emotionally.

I've seen your nasty name-calling, hypocrite.

Grow up and act like the adult you claim to be.

BTW, I stand by my statement. It suits you to a T.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#69967 Dec 8, 2012
Pawn Stars wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality? I'll tell you about reality. Reality is, the Republican party has painted themselves into the corner. They owned all three branches of government from 2001-2008 and turned the booming eagain for a hundred years and the world will be much better off without them.
I had to remove a portion of your post.

The proof is in the pudding over the Bush tax cuts. They were followed by a record 52 straight months of job creation, producing 8 million new jobs, with the unemployment rate falling to 4.4%. Business investment spending, which had declined for 9 straight quarters, reversed and increased 6.7% per quarter, producing all those new jobs.

Because of that increased investment, labor productivity soared by 2.5% annually from 2003 to 2007, higher than the averages of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. As a result, real after tax income per capita increased by more than 11%.

Manufacturing output soared to its highest level in 20 years. The stock market revived, creating almost $7 trillion in new shareholder wealth. From 2003 to 2007, the S&P 500 almost doubled. After the Bush tax cuts started in 2001, quickly ending the 2001 recession, the economy continued to grow for another 73 months. From 2000 to 2007, real GDP grew by more than 17%, meaning an additional $2.1 trillion for the American people.

This was mostly the opposite of what President Obama has produced, with his neo-Marxist Obamanomics, particularly unemployment more than twice as high, declining middle class incomes, soaring poverty, weak job growth, stagnant stock market values, collapsing business investment, and negligible growth in GDP.

Of course, the Bush tax cut boom was ended by the 2008 financial crisis. But as discussed in many previous columns, that was caused by the excessive overregulation of President Clinton’s home ownership promotion policies, creating the subprime mortgage market and the housing bubble, and by President Bush’s cheap dollar monetary policies. Obama’s foolish argument that the Bush tax cuts caused the 2008-2009 recession is so dishonest that abusive propaganda alone should disqualify him from office.

Obama’s gleeful termination of the Bush tax cuts will produce just the opposite results of those tax cuts. The combination of all the tax rate increases, along with Obama’s abusive overregulation, and the Fed’s continued mischief, will throw the economy back into recession next year. Unemployment will soar back into double digits, breaking the post depression record of 10.8%. The deficit will soar to over $2 trillion, setting new all time world records. The national debt as a percent of GDP will gallop past Greece.

Middle class incomes will plummet further. Poverty will soar to new all time records.

We can’t afford the Bush tax cuts, as Obama says? We can’t afford to terminate them. Over the past 45 years, every time the capital gains tax rate has been increased, capital gains revenues have declined rather than increased. Obama’s nearly 60% increase in that rate will have the same effect. After the Bush cut in taxes on dividends, dividends paid soared, and so did taxes paid on those dividends. Obama’s near tripling of that tax will have the opposite effect as well. Indeed, if the economy declines back into renewed recession, total federal revenues will decline rather than increase.

Obama’s ploy of blaming all of this on the Republicans will not work this time. The public knows the Bush tax cuts were adopted into law by the Republicans, with complete Republican control of Congress and the White House at the time. It will be too obvious that it took President Obama and his new neo-Marxist Democrat Party to let them expire.

Enjoy the new Obama recession. You and your neighbors voted for it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...

San Francisco, CA

#69968 Dec 8, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing I would really like to know is when that post was completed. Calling someone a "pig" is rude and I take total responsibility for it. Shouldn't have said it or some other things I have said in a state of anger.
Again though, please compare "pig" to "hypocritical", "two-faced", "busybody", and "b*tch" all in one sentence.
Waaaaa, waaaa, waaaa, waaaaa.

What a tattle tale and pathetic, hypocritical bore you are. Is that better, you big baby?

Hahahhahahahahah!

San Francisco, CA

#69969 Dec 8, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this have to do with Rose?
You're the one posting this over and over again to people you must feel are being "immature". If that's not a lecture, "honey", I don't know what is. ;)
LOL! She's using me to whine to you about how horribly she's been maligned and offended, X.

She's mentioned my name and referred to me no less than a half dozen times in her rants and whines, and still counting. The woman is a crackpot for sure.

Uh oh! I'm so scared now.

San Francisco, CA

#69970 Dec 8, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
It has to do with Rose as she was who I had referred to as a lecturer! Dear God!!!!
I am not being nice, but Rose's comments to me are as sweet as apple pie aren't they??????????
You think "What's good for the goose is good for the gander! So they say" is not being "very nice"?????????? Honey, you need to take a chill pill!!!!
Now your focus on me is becoming irritating. If you do not like me, fine. If you do not like what I post, fine. If you believe I am not nice, fine. You have made your point.
What a b*tch.

LMAO at you!

Location hidden

#69971 Dec 8, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaaaa, waaaa, waaaa, waaaaa.
What a tattle tale and pathetic, hypocritical bore you are. Is that better, you big baby?
Hahahhahahahahah!
I agree Rose! LMAO Admitting I was wrong and indicating my culpability is really being a "tattle tale", "pathetic", "hypocritical bore", and "big baby" I am.

Quote from Republican Honey: "Calling someone a "pig" is rude and I take total responsibility for it. Shouldn't have said it or some other things I have said in a state of anger."

Maybe you should take some lessons from me and admit when you are rude and nasty.

Location hidden

#69972 Dec 8, 2012
<quoted text>
What a b*tch.
LMAO at you!
I am LMAO at you too sweetie!!!! You are really rather sad!

San Francisco, CA

#69973 Dec 8, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Rose! LMAO Admitting I was wrong and indicating my culpability is really being a "tattle tale", "pathetic", "hypocritical bore", and "big baby" I am.
Quote from Republican Honey: "Calling someone a "pig" is rude and I take total responsibility for it. Shouldn't have said it or some other things I have said in a state of anger."
Maybe you should take some lessons from me and admit when you are rude and nasty.
Stop lecturing me, hypocrite.

And spare me the sanctimonious, self-aggrandizement.

Yes, we know you're a Saint among us mere mortals. LOL!

San Francisco, CA

#69974 Dec 8, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I am LMAO at you too sweetie!!!! You are really rather sad!
I'm not sad at all. I'm amused and truly laughing at your idiotic, childish comments.

Go away and stop pestering me. I'm so broke I can't pay you anymore attention. Hahhahahhaah!

(Courtesy of Rodney Dangerfield I believe.)

Location hidden

#69975 Dec 8, 2012
<quoted text>
Stop lecturing me, hypocrite.
And spare me the sanctimonious, self-aggrandizement.
Yes, we know you're a Saint among us mere mortals. LOL!
I must admit I am much better than someone who continues to bully and harass. Just shows your true character!

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#69976 Dec 8, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to remove a portion of your post.
The proof is in the pudding over the Bush tax cuts. They were followed by a record 52 straight months of job creation, producing 8 million new jobs, with the unemployment rate falling to 4.4%. Business investment spending, which had declined for 9 straight quarters, reversed and increased 6.7% per quarter, producing all those new jobs.
Because of that increased investment, labor productivity soared by 2.5% annually from 2003 to 2007, higher than the averages of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. As a result, real after tax income per capita increased by more than 11%.
Manufacturing output soared to its highest level in 20 years. The stock market revived, creating almost $7 trillion in new shareholder wealth. From 2003 to 2007, the S&P 500 almost doubled. After the Bush tax cuts started in 2001, quickly ending the 2001 recession, the economy continued to grow for another 73 months. From 2000 to 2007, real GDP grew by more than 17%, meaning an additional $2.1 trillion for the American people.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/06/01/4...

Jun 1, 2012

Even with today’s disappointing and troubling jobs report, private sector job creation under President Obama has far exceeded private sector job creation under President Bush. 40 months into his presidential term, there are currently more private sector jobs in the economy than when Obama came into office. At the same point in President Bush’s term, the total number of private sector jobs was still down 1.7 percent from where it began....But there is one area of job creation where President Bush clearly outshines President Obama: the public sector. Public sector employment is now down 608,000 workers since January 2009, a 2.7 percent decline. At the same point in President Bush’s term, public sector employment was up 3.7 percent. If, over the past 40 months, public sector employment had grown at the same pace as it did in President Bush’s first term, there would be 1.4 million additional people at work right now. That’d be enough to bring the unemployment rate down by nearly a full percentage point.

(cont.)(See Chart at link.)

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#69977 Dec 8, 2012
<quoted text>
I'm not sad at all. I'm amused and truly laughing at your idiotic, childish comments.
Go away and stop pestering me. I'm so broke I can't pay you anymore attention. Hahhahahhaah!
(Courtesy of Rodney Dangerfield I believe.)
Such childish qualities that one displays, Rose. I leave them in your capable hands. I have company;-)

San Francisco, CA

#69978 Dec 8, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I must admit I am much better than someone who continues to bully and harass. Just shows your true character!
WHAT???

Are you serious? I'm only replying to YOUR posts since last night where you criticize me, whine to X-Man about me, and mention my name and/or reference me countless times, you hypocrite.

Listen up, Missy. You are better than NO ONE here and YOU are participating in what you call "bullying and harassment" as much as anyone.

Do you ever take a long, honest look in the mirror? YOU are the one perpetuating this nonsense, and you won't quit until you have the very last word.

Have it. I'm sick of you and your pathetic hypocrisy and whining.

Stop begging for my attention. You're an energy drain.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#69979 Dec 8, 2012
Quirky The Eye wrote:
Muslim agenda of the Obama administration - 2012
---
State Department Spokeswoman Says She’s Paid To Be Dumb When Talking About Terror Attack In Benghazi
Clinton outlines principles to guide post-Assad transition strategy
Obama Signs Waiver To Keep U.S. Embassy In Tel Aviv Instead of Jerusalem, Cites “National Security”
State Dept tells Islamic forum Obama made engaging Muslim world top priority from day one
Obama Admin Hints At Intervening In Syria Without UN Support
Justice Dept. refuses to cut ties with CAIR
Obama Justice Department, FBI Co-Sponsoring Workshop On “Combating Islamophobia”
Obama’s Deal With Karzai Bans Raids On Al-Qaeda Bases In Pakistan
U.S. to Provide Kenya with Navy SEAL Boats
Obama: Afghans will see ‘transformational decade of peace
'The War on Terror Is Over'
Obama Set to Give $1Bn to Egypt To Support Their Democracy
Obama Rebuffs Netanyahu’s Claim Iran Given “Freebie” With Latest Round of Negotiations
Obama Wants To Increase U.S. Aid To Pakistan To $2.4 Billion
U.S. Officials: Obama Ramping Up Aid To Syrian Rebels
Obama Regime Overrules Senior GOP Lawmaker’s Hold on Palestinian Aid, Paves Way For $147 Million In Funds For West Bank And Hamas-Run Gaza
Obama Regime Release $1.5 Billion In Aid To Egypt After Meeting With Muslim Brotherhood
Obama Gives Temporary Protected Status to All Syrian Illegal Aliens in US
Obama Regime Flips Congress The Bird, Will Resume $1.5 Billion In Military Aid For Muslim Brotherhood-Run Egypt
Clinton Details Plan To Supply Syrian Opposition, Defends Push To Pay Defectors
Obama Tapes Video Wishing Iran a Happy Holiday
Karzai: Obama Has Agreed To Release Five Taliban Gitmo Detainees To Qatar
White House Asks Palestinians To Sit Tight On Statehood Until Obama Is Reelected
Eric Holder Says He Finds It “Disturbing” That The NYPD Would Try And Keep City Safe From Islamist Terrorists
White House apologizes for Quran burning
State Department Won’t Say Jerusalem Is in Israel for fear of offending Palestinians
Obama Seeks Waiver To Fund U.N. Agency Congress Defunded Over Recognition of “Palestine”
Obama proposes $800 million in aid for the Muslim Brotherhood
FBI caves to Islamists, pulls offensive Muslim material
Obama lays out detention rules for al Qaeda suspects
Statement by the President on Syria
Obama quietly sells arms to human rights-abuser Bahrain
Obama Ambassador To Egypt Meets With Radical Salafist Nour Party
Naive Obama Administration Thinks The Taliban Will Renounce Terrorism
Obama Regime Puts Its Boot On Israel’s Neck, Demands They Leave Iran Alone
U.S. Taxpayers Subsidize Overseas Mosques
http://www.conservapedia.com/Muslim_agenda_of...
Obama Justice Dep...

Presidents Justice vs. Western Religion????

San Francisco, CA

#69980 Dec 8, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Such childish qualities that one displays, Rose. I leave them in your capable hands. I have company;-)
LOL! Hey NTR.

I think I'd rather go to the Dentist right about now. Enjoy your company and your day.:-)

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#69981 Dec 8, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Such childish qualities that one displays, Rose. I leave them in your capable hands. I have company;-)
Are you serving Tea???

Sugar cubes yes? One day I may have a cup with you, hey wait there are two cups missing ...(never mind that) but maybe one day we will have a cup on a porch somewhere...

Location hidden

#69982 Dec 8, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/06/01/4...
Jun 1, 2012
Even with today’s disappointing and troubling jobs report, private sector job creation under President Obama has far exceeded private sector job creation under President Bush. 40 months into his presidential term, there are currently more private sector jobs in the economy than when Obama came into office. At the same point in President Bush’s term, the total number of private sector jobs was still down 1.7 percent from where it began....But there is one area of job creation where President Bush clearly outshines President Obama: the public sector. Public sector employment is now down 608,000 workers since January 2009, a 2.7 percent decline. At the same point in President Bush’s term, public sector employment was up 3.7 percent. If, over the past 40 months, public sector employment had grown at the same pace as it did in President Bush’s first term, there would be 1.4 million additional people at work right now. That’d be enough to bring the unemployment rate down by nearly a full percentage point.
(cont.)(See Chart at link.)
So without trying to either promote or criticize President Bush, an objective summary of his eight years would be:
&#9702; 32 months of job loses, totaling 2.6 million, caused by the dot-com recession and the 9-11 terrorist attacks,
&#9702;51 months of job growth following the 2003 tax cuts, totaling 8.1 million new jobs.
&#9702;13 months of sharp job losses, totaling 4.4 million, due primarily to the financial crisis.

Obviously, Bush made plenty of mistakes, and the final year of the his Administration was an economic nightmare with soaring unemployment. The debate continues over the cause of the financial crisis, whether it was government malfeasance through the Federal Reserve, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, or the simplistic “greed on Wall Street” we hear from Obama. But nobody can possibly make a case that the tax cuts of 2003 somehow caused the banking crisis and job losses of 2008.

The Bush tax cuts of 2003 demonstrated, for the third time, that reducing tax rates is an effective action the government can take to help the private sector generate more jobs and more prosperity. The first time was under President Kennedy in the Sixties. The second time was under President Reagan in the eighties.

But Obama and the Democrats are invested in raising, rather than lowering tax rates, and expanding the power of government through huge spending increases. Their hope is to exploit the generally negative public attitude toward George W. Bush and prevent voters from examining the data or remembering that more than four years of continuous job growth followed the tax cuts of 2003.

Another point of dishonesty in the National Journal article is the apples to oranges comparison. The article judges the Bush jobs record from the beginning of his administration, when the economy was already in recession. If Obama were judged on the same standard he would now be at minus 3.4 million jobs. But the National Journal scores Obama at Plus 573,000 by starting the count in his 12th month, even though his policy response, the trillion dollar stimulus, was enacted in third week of his Presidency, on the promise that it would, in his words,“immediately jumpstart job creation.”

http://libertyworks.com/deceptive-jobs-compar...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How the White House prepared for Brexit 2 min Dr Wu 1
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 4 min Go Blue Forever 1,298
News 'Don't Do This. They're Our Kids!': Texas Fathe... 7 min Think Again 2
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 8 min HNC 6,008
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 9 min Mite Be 425
News Millionaire Entrepreneur Wants to 'Make Atheism... 11 min thetruth 397
News State of the Statehouse: Court's deadlock on im... 14 min Jack 1
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 15 min Synque 184
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min FYVM 1,394,928
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 43 min Memo From Turner 3,322
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Don Barros Serrano 199,267
More from around the web