The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story
james t

Glendale, CA

#63596 Nov 21, 2012
bah bah

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#63597 Nov 21, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahhahaha! Every time I nail your ass for your hypocrisy and bullchit, you get mean and nasty.
And when you don't like what I say, you pull that "I thought you didn't want to communicate with me" card.
Uh, public forum, Honey. And I can change my mind any damn time I please. It's called Freedom.
See ya......when you least expect it, just like Candid Camera. LMAO!
Go away you old fool!!!!

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#63598 Nov 21, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
My "publicly funded retirement checks" have not a thing to do with your boy Obama.
Now tell me what we have to show for his first 4 years. What does he have to show for the billions he has spent each year? Where is the big boon in our economy based on his stimulus?
Why ask a coward a question?? All you are going to get out of him is more spinning.. I'd call ya Mom but they would spin that as well.. LOL..

Eagle

Location hidden

#63599 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
Hahhahaha! Every time I nail your ass for your hypocrisy and bullchit, you get mean and nasty.
And when you don't like what I say, you pull that "I thought you didn't want to communicate with me" card.
Uh, public forum, Honey. And I can change my mind any damn time I please. It's called Freedom.
See ya......when you least expect it, just like Candid Camera. LMAO!
I don't like ANYTHING you say! You seem to think I am begging for your attention but it is you hounding me. Go away!!!!

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#63600 Nov 21, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, just like the millions of others who work for federal, state, and county governments. I WORKED for it honey! Do you WORK for the money going into your retirement plan or do you even have one??????
Remember Cliff on cheers?? That the mailbag.. Don't know shit about anything..

Eagle
The Book Club

Fullerton, CA

#63602 Nov 21, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text> You must be proud of being an illiterate peckerhead. That's the face of the Buddha, gums.
‘Buddha in the Attic’ Wins French Literary Award

PARIS — American writer Julie Otsuka, author of “The Buddha in the Attic,” won France’s Prix Femina prize for best foreign novel on Nov. 5, France 24 reports.

“The Buddha in the Attic” is about the lives of Japanese women who immigrated to the U.S. as “picture brides.” Hoping to find a better life, they instead faced hardships, including marriage to men they had never met before, homesickness, manual labor, racial prejudice, and estrangement from their American-born children.

“Their story is fining a wider audience,” Otsuka said.“It’s really been kind of my life’s work as a writer to tell the story of my people. Very few people know about what happened to them, especially during World War II.”

In her acceptance speech, the New York-based author expressed hope that her book will increase awareness in Europe about the Japanese American experience.

The critically acclaimed “Buddha in the Attic” won the PEN/Faulkner Award and was a finalist for the National Book Award. Otsuka is also known for her first novel,“When the Emperor Was Divine.”

The literary prize was established in 1904 as an alternative to the Prix Goncourt, which at the time was unlikely to be given to women writers. An all-female jury selects the winners, who can be women or men. Foreign works are awarded the Prix Femina Étranger.

French author Patrick Deville received the Prix Femina for “Plague and Cholera,” a novel about Alexandre Yersin, the French-Swiss doctor who discovered the bacillus that causes bubonic plague.

Location hidden

#63603 Nov 21, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmm! Sounds cool with me.... LOL!
But, the part I was "alluding" to was the following...
"You're still a brainless talibagger who had better hope that backwater state you live in don't get booted from the Union and replaced with Puerto Rico."
We need to talk about that. LOL!
Oh, I see how you work! It is fine for REWBA to receive government retirement checks, but I am different.

Quote from USMail:

It's all yours, hon. But your "retirement" is being subsidized by local and state governments. Your retirement deduction was matched to some degree by American taxpayers.
UIdiotRacesMAKEW ORLDPEACE

United States

#63604 Nov 21, 2012
Another Brick in the Wall wrote:
<quoted text>The children understand in times of war there is much propaganda to go around.
But US war propaganda is ruining US and the World!
Fiscal Cliff Clavin

Fullerton, CA

#63605 Nov 21, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Cliff on cheers?? That the mailbag.. Don't know shit about anything..
Eagle
It's a little known fact that cows were domesticated in Mesopotamia and were also used in China as guard animals for the forbidden city.

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#63606 Nov 21, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see how you work! It is fine for REWBA to receive government retirement checks, but I am different.
Quote from USMail:
It's all yours, hon. But your "retirement" is being subsidized by local and state governments. Your retirement deduction was matched to some degree by American taxpayers.
You freeloader.

Location hidden

#63607 Nov 21, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are you ignorant but you're blind too.
Answer the questions then sweetie! You are so damn smart! All of us Republicans are "ignorant". LMAO

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#63608 Nov 21, 2012
Irony alert: Mitt Romney's final vote tally nears 47 percent

By The Week's Editorial Staff

defeated GOP candidate famously disparaged Obama as the candidate of the 47 percent. Now, liberals gleefully view Mitt's final tally as poetic justice
Liberal schadenfreude is about to reach overdose levels. Just when you thought the dead horse of Mitt Romney's campaign had been beaten more than enough — and most savagely by members of his own party — Dave Wasserman at Cook Political Report projects that the final count of the popular vote, which is still ongoing, will show Romney winning 47 percent of the electorate.
In addition to proving that Obama handily won the popular vote, the final tally makes Romney the official candidate of the 47 percent — a delicious irony, liberals say, given that Romney infamously claimed that Obama was the candidate of the 47 percent of Americans who "believe they are victims" and are "dependent on government."

By all accounts, Romney's "47 percent" remarks constituted one of the greatest self-inflicted wounds from a candidate who had no shortage of them. "The quote didn't, on its own, kill Romney's chances," says John Flowers at MSNBC. "But for many voters, it unmistakably conveyed the worldview of a man unable to see that a member of the middle class or the working poor might be just as hard-working, just as determined, as someone from his own privileged demographic."

The fact that Romney made his "47 percent" remarks at a private fundraiser, unaware that he was being filmed surreptitiously, only bolstered the impression that these were his real views, as well as the views of his party. After a "campaign of unprecedented dishonesty and lack of transparency," says Greg Sargent at The Washington Post, "Romney himself unmasked his own apparent beliefs and the broader ideological implications of the larger GOP agenda and the ideas driving it."

Losing presidential candidates always get piled on, but Romney appears to be getting hammered more than most, with unflattering images circulating on the internet of the entourage-less Romney pumping his own gas. Perhaps he would have won a little more sympathy if he hadn't doubled down on his "47 percent" comments a few days after the election. "In a post-election phone call, he regaled his biggest contributors, the fattest of cats, with the notion that Barack Obama won the election by giving 'gifts' to minorities and women," says Joe Klein at TIME. "Has there ever been a less gracious presidential loser than Mitt Romney?"

View this article on TheWeek.com

Location hidden

#63609 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
You freeloader.
Well per your definition, your friend REWBA is a "freeloader" too!
I don't much think dedicating our lives to government assisting your family, friends, coworkers, etc. should actually be defined as a "freeloader". Get a life!!!!

REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I know I'm a triple dipping federal retiree. But I'm not the one advocating tax breaks for the wealthy and deep cuts into programs directed at the poor either. The time I spent in the Army taught me that military budgets are bloated and the time I spent as a DOD Civilian taught me that cuts could be made to the defense budget too. But cuts alone are not enough. Those who benefit the most from a secure nation should be made to pay their fair share and anyone who refuses to pay their fair share by hiding their ill gotten gains in offshore accounts should be deported to whatever island they are most invested in.
Anyway. I won't apologize for earning a military retirement or a federal employees retirement. Both were highly competitive careers and few could handle that kind of intensity in the workplace long enough to retire even once. And, since I paid into the system, I WILL collect my social security and it WILL be there because Americans are not stupid enough to by the right side lies to trick the public into privatizing something that important.

“Virtue is knowledge”

Since: Jun 10

"knowledge is happiness"

#63610 Nov 21, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
My "publicly funded retirement checks" have not a thing to do with your boy Obama.
Now tell me what we have to show for his first 4 years. What does he have to show for the billions he has spent each year? Where is the big boon in our economy based on his stimulus?
"My "publicly funded retirement checks" have not a thing to do with your boy Obama."

Oh really? Listen you illiterate babblehead, your state (Kentucky) gets almost twice as many federal dollars than it pays in federal taxes.

I know that you trust your precious FAWX News. This is a blurb on point:

Kentucky
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$12,129
> Population: 4,339,367
> Pct. of U.S. population: 1.41%
> Amt. per capita:$13,198
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 1.77%

The federal government gave Kentucky more than $7,000 per person on direct payments, which included retirement and disability benefits, unemployment benefits and student assistance — all large programs. Medicare benefits accounted for nearly 57% of such payments. This was partially due to the high amount of government money going toward prescription drug coverage in the state —$5.46 billion in 2010. Kentucky received almost $1.5 billion more for prescription drug coverage than California, a state with almost nine times its population.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/government/2012/08...
Bunzup Nelling

Canyon Country, CA

#63611 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
Remember Q-cumber... the turkey is not a sex toy.
Quirks going to come as a Wishbone.
Looky Here Pilgrim

Fullerton, CA

#63612 Nov 21, 2012
UIdiotRacesMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>But US war propaganda is ruining US and the World!
This seems to me a very narrow view of the defenders of a free world.
Quirky The Eye

Arvada, CO

#63613 Nov 21, 2012
Conservative Media Bias: Obama Gets The Most Negative Coverage of Any 2012 Candidate
A new study of the mainstream media coverage of the 2012 election found that every single Republican candidate received more positive coverage than Barack Obama.
Over the course of 23 weeks The Pew Center’s Project For Excellence in Journalism studied the media coverage of the all the positive media coverage of any Republican. Thirty one percent of the coverage Palin received was positive. To put it another way, by a 3-2 margin, Sarah Palin’s media coverage was positive.
The candidate who received the most negative coverage from the supposed liberal media was President Barack Obama. According to the study,“As for Barack Obama, 9% of the news coverage about him over the last five months has registered as positive while 34% has been negative and 57% has been neutral or largely straight news accounting of events. In each of the 23 weeks studied, his negative coverage exceeded his positive coverage by more than 20 percentage points. And in none of those weeks did his negative coverage fall below 30%. The tone of Obama’s coverage on blogs, while still overwhelmingly negative, was slightly better—14% positive and 36% negative.”
The liberal media bias that conservatives complain about on a daily basis is a myth. The right is correct about one thing though. There is bias in the mainstream media, but that bias is in favor of conservatives. The study also found that the tone of the media coverage drives poll results. How voters feel about a candidate is shaped by the type of coverage that candidate gets.
The rise of Herman Cain is a perfect example of this dynamic in action. After the media decided that Cain’s victory in a meaningless Florida straw poll made him a serious contender, they have heaped a steady stream of positive coverage on the formerly second tier candidate. The result of this coverage is that Herman Cain is now among the leaders in the GOP field. The media is playing an active role in the 2012 contest. By subjectively deciding who gets the positive coverage, the media is shaping the 2012 GOP field.
Obama is getting so much negative coverage, not because his support has vanished, but because the media wants a close 2012 election. Close elections increase viewership, which drives ad revenue. A tight General Election is money maker for the corporate media.
Here is how the media is trying to bring Obama’s popularity down. First, they run lots of negative stories about Obama. Then they conduct polls that show Obama’s popularity slipping. They follow this up with another round of negative stories about the president based on their own polling which was influenced by their own negative reporting.....(cont.)
http://www.politicususa.com/conservative-medi...
And Rose gets the most negative judgit`s of all the nasty trolls here. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#63614 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
You're welcome, USM.
See how nice we can be? LOL!
LMAO!

“Virtue is knowledge”

Since: Jun 10

"knowledge is happiness"

#63615 Nov 21, 2012
REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Pro? Con? Should I sign? You wanna sign?
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/act...
That's never going to happen for the same reasons DC is not a state, REW. The Republican Party is not going to allow a new Democratic state into the union. Not in my lifetime.
Fiscal Cliff Clavin

Fullerton, CA

#63616 Nov 21, 2012
Quirky The Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
And Rose gets the most negative judgit`s of all the nasty trolls here. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Everyone is the Swiss Army owns a Swiss Army Knife. That's why no one messes with Switzerland.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min replaytime 133,694
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min red and right 1,155,570
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 11 min barefoot2626 306
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 14 min barefoot2626 459
No charges: Houston officer shot unarmed black man 15 min tha Professor Gru... 39
Illegal immigrant mother seeks refuge in Philad... 18 min Holla Isabella 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Learn to Read 182,040
Probe fails to link IRS scandal to White House 1 hr Go Blue Forever 16
Obama personal chef to hang up apron after 6 years 2 hr Hooogle It 1
Booker offers hairstyle advice to Paul 2 hr Hooogle It 2
More from around the web