The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409470 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#62017 Nov 18, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's you who doesn't know nuthin''bout nothin'. The President has commented about the attacks on Susan Rice, and when the investigations are concluded, he will undoubtedly have more to say on the situation, what went wrong, and what is being put into place to prevent it happening again (if it could have been or can be prevented in the future).
The President doesn't control the war on drugs in Mexico, but we have done everything we can do to assist without direct military involvement, and we can't engage in that way and meddle in the affairs of a foreign nation who is our ally and trading partner wherein Billions of dollars of U.S. private investment sits. What do you expect him to do? Send armed soldiers across the border to wage war? Unless Mexico destabilizes completely (insurrection), that won't happen.
Please get it through your rock hard skull that the FBI conducts investigations at arm's length from whatever Administration is serving, and the Agency is not compelled to convey any ongoing investigation that doesn't demonstrate a possibility of compromise of classified intelligence or national security risk (spying, etc.). The Petraeus investigation (from all we know at the moment) didn't rise to that level. It was about crossing the line of ethics that might have set him up for blackmail. When enough facts were gathered, the White House was notified. The President could not have demanded what he didn't know even existed. That's how it works, and if you don't like it, lobby Congress to change the law again so that future Administrations can potentially strong arm our security agencies and prevent them from getting to the bottom of potential national security risks.
A President is supposed to lead. I think we'll have a better chance in 2016.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#62020 Nov 18, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is blatantly untrue.
It was YOU that criticized the article I posted simply based on where it originated from. The truth must have hit too close to home. I have never criticized a thing you've posted because of it's source even though I may not agree with the content.
Refer to the First Amendment and a little something called Freedom of the Press. There is no stipulation that the Press must exclusively represent either liberal OR conservative views. It includes ALL opinions.
It's YOU who has the attitude of a dictator where everyone is supposed to accept everything you post as "true" and valid just because it's a conservative viewpoint.
It doesn't matter ONE iota what you accept or don't accept.
And again you sound just like a little girl with your "You don't do it, so I won't do it" attitude.
I recognize ALL sources of information because I believe in Freedom of Speech and expression. But I don't have to AGREE with everything I read. No one is forcing you to read or agree with anything. You're simply a stubborn, overbearing b*tch, in my opinion of course. LOL!
You certainly practice your freedom to hate.

Whatever floats your boat...
whathehey

Austin, TX

#62021 Nov 18, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>So, exactly how many posters are you? Republican Honey who created her registered account while on vacation in Florida and who had no idea why her proxy software was bouncing across the country, or are you American Lady who pretends to be in Danville? Are you Razor's Edge and Higgans too? I mean you have more names and covers than Carter had little liver pills, and yet here you are talking about receiving your lost luggage at almost 2:00 a.m. in the morning when the last flight in at Blue Grass field arrived at 6:30 p.m.- about the same time you were "gone"? Listen, liar, since no other flights were incoming thereafter, nobody else could have picked up your "lost" luggage and brought it to you even if they recovered it from the flight you arrived on (snowball's chance in Hell since you were "waiting"), and it would have reached you within a few hours. This isn't NYC or L.A. Get real.
Now, please don't bother me with anymore of your lying sick pathetic character impersonations. They ALL stink. You're a friggin' idiot no matter what three or four ID's you're using simultaneously or concurrently. You must be extremely desperate to back yourself up. God knows no rational human being could support your miserable mean-spirited self-absorbed posts. You are either that plagiarizing piglet from Plainfield or her twin sister.
Just one, that being "whatthehey"! WOW, YOU can rant!.... well now for YOU here is a ....to you- sick, lying, friggin, idiot, AND all those other words it IS really SIMPLE.... BIMBO! haha the luggage was not in Lexington! NOR delivered in Lexington, why would it be there...hubby and I just changed planes there and were on our way home in Tx. That is all you get...you loser!
No Left Winger

Rochester, MN

#62022 Nov 18, 2012
PROLETARIATE wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprises there, you think just like Cromwell, a Monarch loving Torey.
How Raising Taxes Will Not Balance the Budget: More Evidence

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/video/2012/11/...

“Natural selection created apes”

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#62023 Nov 18, 2012
REWBA wrote:
Thanks for the props Freespirit8! Thanks X-Man! Thanks NTRPRNR1! Thanks GeeShayla! Thanks _White American_! Thanks Vorenus! Thanks USMail XXXII! Thanks American12! Thanks HPsalvage! Thanks NorCal Native, Mythbusters, Edith Myshortz, Junket and cyber crime! The rebel alliance has been a driving force in my success and I could not have done it without your support and encouragement! As soon as this day is over and I accept the title, just remember! The crown belongs to you!
LOL!
¡Hoy por ti, mañana por mi!

Religion made them human

#62024 Nov 18, 2012
REWBA wrote:
Thanks JackMcIntosh! I am truly sorry for failing to acknowledge you by name in the first draft of my acceptance speech. I hope I haven't left anyone else out by mistake.
And to all the silent readers who stood by me in this endeavor to dethrone the tyrant and restore power to the people, I say thank you!
de oppresso liber!
LOL!!!!!!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#62025 Nov 18, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Good stuff. By law, hospitals are required to treat emergencies even if the patient is uninsured. The problem is that people are left with a catastrophic hospital bill that will likely break the family's finances. Medical debt is by far the greatest single reason for bankruptcies in the US.
Then there is the uninsured working poor who uses the emergency room to treat chronic diseases that could have been detected [and perhaps, prevented] by regular screenings at the family doctor's office.
Both of these individuals (uninsured emergency treatment & treatment of chronic disease) will likely cost society many times over the cost of health insurance for just that single visit to the emergency room.
But hey, it's water under the bridge now - Obamacare is the law of the land.
Pfffft. Responsibility for your own health always has been.

Religion made them human

#62026 Nov 18, 2012
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>let me help you out sir/madame US mail ....how do you figure that? I am just "wth" so why the heck do you say this? Who all are you? What have you got in those links? be right back...
Hmm. Take your time.

Religion made them human

#62028 Nov 18, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, I vote for Republican Honey who was on vacation in Florida when she supposedly set up her registered account. At a minimum - THREE of 'em, but Razor's Edge is another good possibility. Just a sick fkr' anyway you look at it.
They all write like they went to the same home-school. LOL!

Martinez, CA

#62030 Nov 18, 2012
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are the one posting hateful comments. That's two so far tonight.

Your boat seems to be sinking. Lifesaver?

Religion made them human

#62032 Nov 18, 2012
REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
O Fortuna velut luna statu variabilis, semper crescis aut decrescis; vita detestabilis nunc obdurat et tunc curat ludo mentis aciem, egestatem, potestatem dissolvit ut glaciem.
Sors immanis et inanis, rota tu volubilis, status malus, vana salus
semper dissolubilis, obumbrata et velata michi quoque niteris; nunc per ludum dorsum nudum fero tui sceleris.
Sors salutis et virtutis michi nunc contraria, est affectus et defectus semper in angaria. Hac in hora sine mora corde pulsum tangite; quod per sortem sternit fortem, mecum omnes plangite!
O Fortune,
like the moon
you are changeable,
ever waxing
and waning;
hateful life
first oppresses
and then soothes
as fancy takes it;
poverty
and power
it melts them like ice.

Fate – monstrous
and empty,
you whirling wheel,
you are malevolent,
well-being is vain
and always fades to nothing,
shadowed
and veiled
you plague me too;
now through the game
I bring my bare back
to your villainy.

Fate is against me
in health
and virtue,
driven on
and weighted down,
always enslaved.
So at this hour
without delay
pluck the vibrating strings;
since Fate
strikes down the strong man,
everyone weep with me!

Religion made them human

#62033 Nov 18, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Pfffft. Responsibility for your own health always has been.
That message was meant for the educated few. That excludes you.

Religion made them human

#62034 Nov 18, 2012
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello friend. We live in a different America. The government handout is becoming ever so popular with the "me, me, me" citizen. It's somewhere between myopia and blindness.
The Whaaaaambulance is on its way.

Religion made them human

#62035 Nov 18, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sure aero will respond to this post as eloquently as he/she has in the past, but I would like to add my opinion.
Why does aero and most everyone else believe you want to stick our children and grandchildren with debt? Largely due to your continuous liberal comments of give, give, give. As I have said many times before, there is nothing wrong with helping the needy. Programs have been in place for years to do just that. You obviously have no concept of the abuses of these programs and the liberals' approval and encouragement of dependency on the government. Many Americans are losing their desire to work and better themselves. Many are making careers of living off government entitlements and pass this same mentality onto their children. It becomes a vicious cycle which never ends.
You seem to have a hard-on for the wealthy. Yes, there are people who are wealthy who did NOT earn their wealth, but there are far more who have worked diligently to attain their wealth and should be praised for doing so.
Your statement to aero: "Who are you to judge how liberals think? Since you aren't liberal, I venture to say you don't know what "they" think, nor do you read minds well. Just a fact."
Your statements in a previous post: "It's their obvious position that poor people can just die and go the Hell for all they care. This is why I do not have any respect for them, because in direct contrast to the thought that "Poor is not lesser and rich is not better", they believe the exact opposite while frequently calling themselves Christians. We go around the world talking about human rights and endeavoring to preserve them or grow them in other lands, but here we have a sizable number of so-called Americans who don't give a ratz' azz about their fellow Americans and other human beings who were not as fortunate or talented or financially successful. " Aren't you judging just as you accuse aero?????
Why don't you get off your high horse and accept the fact not everyone has your narrow views and people have valid opinions which are not consistent with yours? Your need to demean EVERY poster who does not have your views and opinions is getting old!
"I feel sure aero will respond to this post as eloquently as he/she has in the past, but I would like to add my opinion."

Oh Brother!!!!!
Must you?

The Notorious Rico

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#62036 Nov 18, 2012
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
A President is supposed to lead. I think we'll have a better chance in 2016.
Thinking is not your best ASSet!

The Notorious Rico

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#62037 Nov 18, 2012
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is the President for another 4. HAHAHAAHAHHAAA!!
Q The Eye

Denver, CO

#62038 Nov 18, 2012
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the unions were a good thing when the mob ran them and got all corrupt when politicians took an active part in them.
Much of our Unions are run by the Mexican Mobs now days.

Religion made them human

#62039 Nov 18, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Had to remove some of your post.
Liberalism creates a feedback loop. It is usually impossible for a non-liberal to change a liberal's mind about political issues because liberalism works like so: only liberals are credible sources of information. How do you know someone's liberal? He espouses liberal doctrine. So, no matter how plausible what you say may be, it will be ignored if you're not a liberal and if you are a liberal, of course, you probably agree with liberal views. This sort of close-mindedness makes liberals nearly impervious to any information which is different than their views.
Liberals emphasize feeling superior, not superior results. Liberalism is all about appearances, not outcomes. What matters to liberals is how a program makes them FEEL about themselves, not whether it works or not. For liberals, it's not what a program does in the real world; it's about whether they feel better about themselves for supporting it.
Liberals take a dim view of personal responsibility. Who's at fault if a criminal commits a crime? The criminal or society? If someone creates a business and becomes a millionaire, is that the result of hard work and talent or luck? If you're dirt poor, starving, and haven't worked in 5 years, is that a personal failing or a failure of the state? Conservatives would tend to say the former in each case, while liberals would tend to say the latter. But when you disconnect what an individual does from the results that happen in his life, it's very difficult to understand cause and effect in people's lives.
Liberals give themselves far too much credit just for being liberal. To many liberals, all one needs to do to be wise, intelligent, compassionate, open minded, and sensitive is to BE LIBERAL. In other words, many of the good things about a person spring not from his actions, but from the ideology he holds.
http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/20 ...
Town Hall News?

Teabagging crapola! Pfftt!!

Religion made them human

#62040 Nov 18, 2012
Q The Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
Much of our Unions are run by the Mexican Mobs now days.
You must work on a street corner.

Religion made them human

#62041 Nov 18, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely!!! Now tell me why you and others refuse to accept our information, articles or opinions "just because YOU don't like" them. We feel our information is VALID also!!!!
YOU and OTHERS "are not the barometer of everything that is truthful and intelligent no matter how arrogant and condescending you are" either!!!!!!!
YOU and OTHERS DO "dispute the ultra-conservative news sites that" WE favor.
Do you have any idea how many articles, opinions, etc. I and other conservatives have posted in which we receive "Pffft" as a response or other demeaning responses????
Thank you!!!!! You have proved my point!!!!!
Yada! Yada! Yada!
Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!
Pfftt!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,481,228
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 3 min True Judgment 3,646
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 3 min Putin is the winner 4,605
News On Inauguration Eve, Trumpsters party in the 's... 3 min Holy Guacamole 4
News Trump's victory has unleashed a wave of same-se... 5 min Donnelly 5
News Prominent climate-denying politician gets schoo... 5 min Into The Night 76
News News 13 Mins Ago Protesters, Trump supporters c... 5 min anonymous 6
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 12 min Fact check repubs 18,027
News Hillary Clinton won US popular vote by nearly 2... 23 min Battle Tested 1,179
News News 16 Mins Ago Inaugural speech is Trump's ti... 41 min kelly 102
More from around the web