The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 403625 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#61568 Nov 17, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, several other posters here do, and I readily acknowledge that and appreciate them very much. You, however, are not among them. Nobody is responsible for what they "got", but everybody is responsible to use what they were given to the best of their ability. A person of average intelligence can graduate college, focus on a goal and achieve great things. That's the part of what America is about that I sincerely hope we never lose - opportunity for all to become the best they can be.
I am thrilled you understand the opportunities available to all of us. I am sorry you never had the abilities to succeed. It is never too late to "focus on a goal and achieve great things". I wish you the best.
higgans

Avon, IN

#61569 Nov 17, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Silly birther. If that resonates in your little pea brain, it would surely be because you're both operating with double digit IQs. While you are to be pitied (and some of us do pity you), you're also quite boring and not much of a challenge.
well, Mother, what fact in my post is WRONG?
an insult for rebuttal? c'mon! u CAN do better than that!!LOL
maybe his personal history and Presidential history IS Bush/Romney's fault?lol
problem is: NO BODY knew jack shyte about this inconsequential coke using/ex-stoner POS until YOUR Prog Dems had him give a speech at their DNC and PUSHED his INEXPERIENCED arse to the fore, in front of the until-then-annoited one, Hillary.
admit it, YOU never heard of HIM until then, did you?
now, go post some more BS about ol' passe Romney....:)

Location hidden

#61571 Nov 17, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was photo-op because that's exactly what it was.
Romney (or someone on his team) thought it would be a good idea to run to Walmart, buy a few thousand dollars worth of supplies and have the press there to take pictures of Romney himself loading it on the truck.
His concern and compassion may have been real, but that moment was fake and America saw through it.
It was a bad political move and it hurt his image.
And how do you know all of this????????

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#61572 Nov 17, 2012
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I did not lie, you should know better than to believe anything Meteorite Boy has to say.
I've been skipping most of higgans posts and didn't see what he'd said until I saw the quote you were replying to.

If he thinks we are having an "in state debate" he's an idiot.

There is no debate, higgans is just wrong.
higgans

Avon, IN

#61573 Nov 17, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>51% of American voters chose Obama which includes high income earners and the middle-class. Mostly, it is an amalgamation of people not fooled by Mitt Romney, and more power to them!
Nobody is dedicated to low wages and struggling. They simply find themselves in that group. They are old, students, the working poor, the disabled, the unemployed who once had jobs lost to outsourcing and the Great Recession and some VERY rich folks as well who are included in the numbers "to be dismissed" by Mitt Romney. Guess who got dismissed? ;-)
the poor retired pensioners and the generational welfare ARE the CORE of those voters and ARE THE CONSEQUENCE of several FG programs, starting with SS. u fail to mention that. pity....
c'mon WorkFare!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#61574 Nov 17, 2012
Cutting Through Hype, Hypocrisy In Vote Fraud Claims

In general, the evidence shows that electronic voting fraud, voter suppression and similar dirty tricks by public officials pose a serious threat to the democratic process. But this research is difficult because officials control the information. Also, research into official wrongdoing tends to be sporadic, under-funded and so controversial as to be career-threatening for researchers. Major news organizations are reluctant to report even allegations of official fraud and other wrongdoing, especially in the most important elections. So, reporters and other researchers need courage and skill, as well as management support.

http://www.justice-integrity.org/index.php...
higgans

Avon, IN

#61576 Nov 17, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, several other posters here do, and I readily acknowledge that and appreciate them very much. You, however, are not among them. Nobody is responsible for what they "got", but everybody is responsible to use what they were given to the best of their ability. A person of average intelligence can graduate college, focus on a goal and achieve great things. That's the part of what America is about that I sincerely hope we never lose - opportunity for all to become the best they can be.
are you now implying that the MAJORITY of the generational welfare poor are below average intelligence? about, what, 90% of them never attend college, let alone graduate, right? must be, according to ur post, THEY ARE BELOW AVERAGE INTELLIGENCE.
our words, deal with them.LOL

Location hidden

#61577 Nov 17, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
"Economists for Romney"
A special interest group that had a vested interest in getting Romney elected.
I don't usually do this but....
Pffft!
Find a neutral source and then we'll talk.
:)
NEW YORK (CNNMoney)-- Economists think Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney would be better for the economy than President Obama. But they're not very enthusiastic about either of them.

Nine of 17 top economists surveyed by CNNMoney picked Romney when asked whose election would help the economy grow more. Only three picked Obama.

But the remaining five made no pick, with several suggesting neither would provide much of a lift to the sagging economy.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)-- Economists think Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney would be better for the economy than President Obama. But they're not very enthusiastic about either of them.

Nine of 17 top economists surveyed by CNNMoney picked Romney when asked whose election would help the economy grow more. Only three picked Obama.

But the remaining five made no pick, with several suggesting neither would provide much of a lift to the sagging economy.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/30/news/economy/...

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#61578 Nov 17, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
Eisenhower to his staff on June 5th: Do whatever you think necessary.
really, Mother? is that how u envision life/death or military or national security matters are HANDLED by the CinC? he issues an 'order' with wiggle room?
Rico, u were almost in the Navy. is that how YOU thought the military issued orders? Jack, u supposedly were in either the Navy or the Marines, u ever hear of such orders? any of u D/Ds that supposedly served: that how YOU were issued YOUR orders?
what I hear when the Pres speaks of exactly what he supposdly said, I hear the words that will give HIM the most cover for whatever his underlings did or did NOT do.
am I alone?
the same with his sssslooow, carefully worded response about Rice and why/what she told the news outlets. words that leave MUCH room for interpretation, deflection and denial.
take off ur Obama hats and listen as if it were Bush or Romney saying the words. pity...
Caught my name as I was scrolling by and to be honest with you higgans, I'm starting to wonder if you know how military orders are issued.

I've got news for ya too.

The FBI does not do the "background check" for Top Secret Clearance, so you might want to do a little research before you throw that one out there again.

I haven't said anything up to now because I don't challenge whether or not a person has served and I was afraid it would look like that's what I was doing, but I'm telling you right now, if you had a Top Secret Clearance (as you claim) you had more than a background check and it wasn't the FBI that did it.

Anything else you would like to discuss right now?

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#61580 Nov 17, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do you know all of this????????
I read.
higgans

Avon, IN

#61581 Nov 17, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>If the opposing party refuses to compromise, we will turn them out in the mid-term making it possible for the President to complete his mission in his last two years in office. That's how it will work, and smart Republicans realize that intransigence will get the party nothing but fewer and fewer members. Keep that in mind.
okay. let's see what happens NEXT.
mark my words, Mother, compromise with THIS ideologue or don't, shyte IS gonna go downhill, period. it HAS to before the REAL recovery can start.
remember me saying even Romney could NOT prevent us from hitting bottom? it is the RESPONSE afterwards that matters.
keep posting stuff about Romney and the Repubs... they lost, remember?:)

Location hidden

#61582 Nov 17, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>If the opposing party refuses to compromise, we will turn them out in the mid-term making it possible for the President to complete his mission in his last two years in office. That's how it will work, and smart Republicans realize that intransigence will get the party nothing but fewer and fewer members. Keep that in mind.
Republican and Democratic congressional leaders emerged from a meeting with President Barack Obama on Friday pledging to find common ground on taxes and spending that would allow them to avert an upcoming "fiscal cliff" that could send the economy back into recession.

The top lawmakers spoke to reporters as a group for the first time in more than a year in what aides said was a joint decision to project a message of unity.

Each side at least signaled a willingness to put "on the table" issues dear to the two parties for decades, agreeing on a framework to discuss both tax and entitlement reform next year.

http://news.yahoo.com/congressional-leaders-o...

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#61583 Nov 17, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/30/news/economy/...
Who are CNN's 17 economists?

Inquiring minds want to know.

CNN: Economists reluctantly pick Romney

CNN is running a story today saying that the majority of the 17 economists surveyed by CNN picked Romney as better for the economy. Nine picked Romney, three picked Obama and five said neither, because the president doesn't have enough influence over the economy.

So, being a devotee of Paul Krugman, the Nobel winning Keynesian economist who clearly would say Obama, I'm wondering who the 17 economists were. I want to know how they split on the Supply-Side vs. Keynes question, because you can survey until you're blue in the face, but if you ask people who base their answer on ideology rather than observation, you're going to get a stupid answer.

Think, for example, if we decided to survey the question of evolution. If more than half the people surveyed are creationists, the answer is going to be creationism. But that doesn't change the validity of evolution.

Economists who still champion Supply-Side nonsense should be sued for malpractice. They're like physicians who still advocate bleeding to remove evil humors. They're like astronomers who still advocate an earth-centric universe.

So, tell us, CNN: Who are your 17 economists?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/01/1138... #

Location hidden

#61584 Nov 17, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
I read.
I read also and I did not have the same interpretation of the event.

Isn't this quote an opinion? "His concern and compassion may have been real, but that moment was fake and America saw through it."

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#61585 Nov 17, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican and Democratic congressional leaders emerged from a meeting with President Barack Obama on Friday pledging to find common ground on taxes and spending that would allow them to avert an upcoming "fiscal cliff" that could send the economy back into recession.
The top lawmakers spoke to reporters as a group for the first time in more than a year in what aides said was a joint decision to project a message of unity.
Each side at least signaled a willingness to put "on the table" issues dear to the two parties for decades, agreeing on a framework to discuss both tax and entitlement reform next year.
http://news.yahoo.com/congressional-leaders-o...
So ask yourself this honey...

Who changed?

Obama and the democrats are still saying the same thing.

Ask yourself this one too...

If Obama is unwilling to work with the other side why did the republicans decide a deal could be worked out after they met with him?

You've got this narrative backwards.

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#61586 Nov 17, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I read also and I did not have the same interpretation of the event.
Isn't this quote an opinion? "His concern and compassion may have been real, but that moment was fake and America saw through it."
Not according to the polls it's not.

I've posted the links before and I'm tired of spoon feeding you people real information so look it up yourself.

Romneys' hurricane Sandy phot-op blew up in his face.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#61587 Nov 17, 2012
Squire Faire wrote:
<quoted text>Save your breath for your top man, George Soros. He loves how eagerly you swallow!
I see what you did there...

You took the "RH" out of "Rhino" and replaced it with a "W" making it "Wino"...

Then with your infinite wisdom replied with with more right wing bullshit...

Oh wow...I see you are one of the "elite" bobbleheads.

No wonder you and your fkn ding dongs are fading away...Too much inbreeding.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#61588 Nov 17, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official...
--Theodore Roosevelt
Computer Programmer testifies that Tom Feeney (Speaker of the House of Florida at the time, currently US Representative) tried to pay him to rig election vote counts.
Obama's illegal presidency is (officially) starting to come to light.
Read more: http://www.disclose.tv/forum/rigged-usa-elect...
I've got a bridge here in Brooklyn for sale.

Interested?
Squire Faire

Portland, OR

#61589 Nov 17, 2012
ANON PROXY PUZZIE LOCATER wrote:
<quoted text>
Altering posts, judge-its, your ISPs doesn't matter. You Lost, You're a loser and you prove it everytime you post.
What are you talking about, Sock Puppet?
higgans

Avon, IN

#61590 Nov 17, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Caught my name as I was scrolling by and to be honest with you higgans, I'm starting to wonder if you know how military orders are issued.
I've got news for ya too.
The FBI does not do the "background check" for Top Secret Clearance, so you might want to do a little research before you throw that one out there again.
I haven't said anything up to now because I don't challenge whether or not a person has served and I was afraid it would look like that's what I was doing, but I'm telling you right now, if you had a Top Secret Clearance (as you claim) you had more than a background check and it wasn't the FBI that did it.
Anything else you would like to discuss right now?
they did mine, jack. people back home told me guys with FBI ID asked them questions. of course, that was 1975.
but, hey, wasn't that the FBI checking on Patreaus? something to do with s e c u r i t y?
I guess that lil' fact makes MY claim, er, more plausible?
and, yes, I did have a TS SPEC CAT clearance from APr/May 1975 until my ETS in Oct 1978. TS was NOT high enough to assist in the live communication links between the spooks from the Emabassy coming to my Army ComCenter to converse (via teletype) with their bosses back in the USofA (Langley or DC?).
unless one absolutely 100% knows and can PROVE they know 100% of everything, I would NOT make a statement such as the one U made.
they may not have investigated YOU, I only assume that since they did ME (maybe it was the SPEC CAT?), they did all. I know they didn't when I had only a Secret level clnc at Ft.Campbell.
I am always amazed when folks like u try to call what I post ABOUT MY PERSONAL LIFE'S EXPERIENCE as being a lie. why? why would I lie? to impress some body like u or Mother or any one else on the Internet? what do I gain by lying?
remember my assessment of ur Service and being gay? I was right about that, wasn't I? and I don't even KNOW u and could figure out that IF what u said were true, it had to be that way. that's called common sense and educated, logical thinking.
u might try it some time instead of making uninformed, ill-formed posts.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 1 min Frankie Rizzo 2,007
News Jobs report shows Trump to inherit solid but un... 1 min Mikey 35
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 2 min President Donald ... 14,555
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min inbred Genius 253,021
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min OzRitz 62,306
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 7 min inbred Genius 152
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 9 min inbred Genius 68
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Ghey Ghost 1,458,030
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 20 min angry confused de... 2,909
More from around the web