The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 403896 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Hollywood White Power

Pasadena, CA

#39420 Oct 16, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
For good reason!!! Obama wants as many people dependent on the government as possible!
Food stamps increased under a Republican controlled House of Representatives and a Republican minority who has filibustered just about every piece of legislation designed to create jobs.

So what were you saying about Obama???

Since: Oct 07

Serving sarcasm since 2007

#39421 Oct 16, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I never mentioned him. I asked a legitimate question based on past posts.
Ask away, I didn't intend to answer for Rico, just pointing out that it was a specific post directed at a single target.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#39422 Oct 16, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And it just cost her political future as well..
Eagle
I disagree. She's a standup woman. She made no excuses, nor did she pass the buck. How many of our leaders have ever made the wrong call, or were provided less than adequate information by their staff and made the wrong call as a result? Why don't we let this play out to find out exactly what the problem was and why security wasn't provided and exactly what Hillary Clinton knew in advance of the attack.

I personally believe she's done a terrific job overall, and I would hope one tragic incident would not override her overall performance as Secretary of State. After all, we don't pull our commanders in from the battlefield and fire them simply because somebody screwed up communications and our own troops were killed by friendly fire or innocent civilian lives were lost. In truth, those in charge usually bear a heartfelt regret without any further punishment necessary.
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#39423 Oct 16, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a link to support that statement? LOL!
The Obama administration has learned a shocking fact. According to a recent poll, when faced with difficult times, most people do NOT turn to the government for help. This revelation has caused the administration to create a new web site called "Government Made Easy" in order that more people can get aid from the government rather than other sources such as savings or family members.

It's a disturbing development, but it's one which shows the true nature of Barack Obama. Rather than government being limited and a short term means of assistance, Obama wants people hooked on government.

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/2012/08/28/obam...
Gus007

Oneonta, NY

#39425 Oct 16, 2012
Obama's failures "32 Month Report Card":

http://factspy.net/barrack-obamas-failures/

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#39426 Oct 16, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking effective total tax rate to effective total tax rate.
Someone making $100K in earned income pays 15.3% payroll taxes PLUS his income tax. Romney did not even pay 15.3%.
Guess what? I'M BACK.
What I said was correct.
The federal government gets almost as much revenues from payroll taxes as it does income/capital gains taxes. It gets around 10% from corporate taxes.
Was that a employee or a employer?? I believe after 250k the SS tax it removed as well..

Eagle
Hollywood White Power

Pasadena, CA

#39427 Oct 16, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooh, another conspiracy? Who doesn't love a conspiracy? Are you Michael Moore, by chance?
It's no secret that big oil has an agenda against it's competition...to green energy. You can start with big oil buying up refineries in California and then closing them or buying patients on auto batteries for electric cars and then closing down the manufacturing of said batteries designed for the RAV4 which killed that competition.

It's not a conspiracy for big oil let alone any business to buy out or out-compete its competition.

#39428 Oct 16, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think he is pretending anything. I think he is standing up for american values albeit moderate when needed and also extreme when also needed. JMO. And I also think a producer trumps a lawyer.
Now that I know more about your views and your voting record, I have a better understanding of your opinions. I understand how you view Romney favorably. What do you think about his habit of dishonesty? I can't get past it. Also, why do you suppose we can't find a candidate who has the qualities of both producer and lawyer? Can this really be the best we have?

“Natural selection created apes”

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#39429 Oct 16, 2012
Tonight be prepared for a Mitten's Etch A Sketch. He will swear that:

1) he's for gay rights
2) he's for equal pay
3) he's for the Dream Act
4) he's for comprehensive immigration reform
5) he will allow loopholes for the rich to expire
6) he's against Super PACs
7) hates Grover Norquist
8)
9)

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#39430 Oct 16, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. She's a standup woman. She made no excuses, nor did she pass the buck. How many of our leaders have ever made the wrong call, or were provided less than adequate information by their staff and made the wrong call as a result? Why don't we let this play out to find out exactly what the problem was and why security wasn't provided and exactly what Hillary Clinton knew in advance of the attack.
I personally believe she's done a terrific job overall, and I would hope one tragic incident would not override her overall performance as Secretary of State. After all, we don't pull our commanders in from the battlefield and fire them simply because somebody screwed up communications and our own troops were killed by friendly fire or innocent civilian lives were lost. In truth, those in charge usually bear a heartfelt regret without any further punishment necessary.
Clinton will be fine and she just displayed what I consider a very valuable characteristic...

A sense of accountability.

She isn't passing the buck, she has clearly said "the buck stops here."

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#39431 Oct 16, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. She's a standup woman. She made no excuses, nor did she pass the buck. How many of our leaders have ever made the wrong call, or were provided less than adequate information by their staff and made the wrong call as a result? Why don't we let this play out to find out exactly what the problem was and why security wasn't provided and exactly what Hillary Clinton knew in advance of the attack.
Those 4 lives and their family members will haunt her till the day she dies.. You can think some fool would elect her but I don't.. But I guess the did elect a sexual offender as her husband so who knows..

Eagle
Hollywood White Power

Pasadena, CA

#39432 Oct 16, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Obama killed Osama."
And terrorist killed our ambassador Stevens.. Perhaps if biden and you all STFU about OBL they would still be alive..
Eagle
Diplomats are cannon fodder. Sad but true.

Religion made them human

#39434 Oct 16, 2012
8) Believes in women's reproductive rights
5 Percenters

De Soto, KS

#39435 Oct 16, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the increase to SS this year?? 1.5 percent?? So if you get a whole 1000. a month it will be 1015.. Thats a big increase right?? Have the feds put back the 3 trillion they stole from the system.. As stated before the IOU's at least collect the interest you see in the debt counter..
Eagle
I don't remember where I read about Obama promising all Federal Employees a 5% increase in their pay next year. I'm sure if you look around you can find it. Another taxpayer funded solar company filed bankruptcy today. Take care.....

Religion made them human

#39436 Oct 16, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew I was not the only one thinking that crackhead was popping Stan Jr's meds.
LOL! He's feeding that boy Mexican meds. All those stories about smuggling drugs for the elderly is nothing but crap. Feeding cheap illegal drugs to his parents and the kid is part of his retirement plan.
5 Percenters

De Soto, KS

#39437 Oct 16, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Talk about a "war on women" old Willy Clinton and Obama threw Hillary under the bus. The buck stops in the Oval Office.
Gus007

Oneonta, NY

#39438 Oct 16, 2012
Obama's failures show he shouldn't be re-elected:

http://www.app.com/article/20120914/NJOPINION...

#39439 Oct 16, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
Anybody plan on watching the debate?
I'll be watching. I've been watching clips of Ryan washing already clean pans at the soup kitchen for his photo op while I wait for it to begin lol.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#39440 Oct 16, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those 4 lives and their family members will haunt her till the day she dies.. You can think some fool would elect her but I don't.. But I guess the did elect a sexual offender as her husband so who knows..
Eagle
"...You can think some fool would elect her but I don't..."

I'm your fool. Right here and waiting for 2016.

;)

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#39441 Oct 16, 2012
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Romney is a moderate pretending to be a conservative. If he gets elected he will attempt to push a more moderate position, much to the displeasure of his contributors and Congress, which will produce a stalemate. We'll be in this same place or worse four years from now.
I agree he is a moderate but not so much a stalemate like we have now..

Eagle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 3 min Truthsayer 2,125
The time is fast approaching for Obama to ........ 3 min Amy 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Reality Speaks 1,458,838
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 4 min TRUMP WINNERS 154
News The Racist Smear Against Jeff Sessions 5 min Dee Dee Dee 27
News Paul Ryan Says U.S. Will Not Wall Off Entire Me... 5 min inbred Genius 32
News This election has divided the country. Getting ... 5 min True Judgment 1,045
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 8 min TRUMP WINNERS 229
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 51 min TRUMP WINNERS 253,263
More from around the web