The President has failed us

There are 20 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#39409 Oct 16, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bengazi issue is over. Hillary took a bullet for Obama. Go find another dog & pony show.
And it just cost her political future as well..

Eagle

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#39411 Oct 16, 2012
Here's a pretty good live stream of the debate.

http://debates.aol.com/

You-tube coverage is giving my computer fits trying to load.

Since: Jun 10

Santa Clara, CA

#39412 Oct 16, 2012
MONDAY, OCT 15, 2012 02:44 PM PDT

Ohio soup kitchen slams Ryan:“He did nothing”

The head of an Ohio soup kitchen said Ryan and his team “ramrodded their way” into a photo op

BY JILLIAN RAYFIELD

The head of a charity in Ohio is not pleased with Paul Ryan’s photo op at a soup kitchen in Ohio, saying that the Romney campaign “ramrodded their way” into their facility unannounced.

The president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society, Brian J. Antag, told the Washington Post:“We’re a faith-based organization; we are apolitical because the majority of our funding is from private donations. It’s strictly in our bylaws not to do it. They showed up there and they did not have permission. They got one of the volunteers to open up the doors.”

He added:“The photo-op they did wasn’t even accurate. He did nothing. He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall.”

The Post reports that Ryan made the unscheduled stop after an event at Youngstown State University, and was there for about 15 minutes. But though the pictures taken shows Ryan apparently doing dishes, the food had already been served and everything had already been cleaned before he got there....(cont.)

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/15/ohio_soup_kit...

Santa Clara, CA

#39413 Oct 16, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
It's going to be interesting.
Hope you're around to make a few real time comments.
Thanks, Jack. Interesting for sure.

It's a Town Hall format you know where the audience asks questions. They're a random sample of undecided voters--the questions should be interesting at least. LOL!

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#39414 Oct 16, 2012
This is the CNN television audio feed.

Works great on a slower connection.

http://www.cnn.com/audio/radio/cnntv.html...

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#39415 Oct 16, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
Anybody plan on watching the debate?
Wouldn't miss it!

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#39417 Oct 16, 2012
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
How they are funded is important -- that is my money and I want it back. If they want to remove the programs, fine, but they better distribute the money back to those who have paid in. Obama has stolen money from us (that we've paid to those programs).
We should stop everything and start over - as if we could. It would be nice to tear down and rebuild, but we can't.
The best solution would be to, first of all, give no increases to any government program or entity. Then, appoint bipartisan committees to review each and determine where cuts can and should be made.
Then slowly reduce the amount of money paid by the government for each and slowly close those programs which would be better handled on a state and/or local level. Give those states start-up funds (from the cuts from the federal government) for those programs and slowly move from federal to state and/or local. That would give us a better use of our monies, and better oversight to see that they don't grow out of control.
Just some thoughts.
What is the increase to SS this year?? 1.5 percent?? So if you get a whole 1000. a month it will be 1015.. Thats a big increase right?? Have the feds put back the 3 trillion they stole from the system.. As stated before the IOU's at least collect the interest you see in the debt counter..

Eagle
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#39418 Oct 16, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! There was a hurricane, a tornado, a mudslide and an avalanche too. Oh, but that's Obama's fault too. You people are so strange and ignorant, your hatred leads you to blame EVERYTHING on Obama, but that's what conservatives do, play the blame game. Grow up!
Don't even start your bull crap with me!!! You do the exact same thing on the liberal side. I have read many of your posts. You act like you are Chairman of this topic and it is your way or the highway.

You don't think there have been major catastrophies under other Presidents???? Why do you even assume I have hatred based on one factual statement I make regarding the increase of food stamps?

I have as much right to post my opinion on here as you do!!! You grow up!!!!!!!!!!

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#39419 Oct 16, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
The president does not control gas prices. Big oil does and big oil supports Mitt Romney.
20 million? 7.8% unemployment and dropping.
$16 trillion was not accrued under Obama.
Obama killed Osama.
You need anything else debunked... be sure to SPAM it here.
"Obama killed Osama."

And terrorist killed our ambassador Stevens.. Perhaps if biden and you all STFU about OBL they would still be alive..

Eagle
Hollywood White Power

Temple City, CA

#39420 Oct 16, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
For good reason!!! Obama wants as many people dependent on the government as possible!
Food stamps increased under a Republican controlled House of Representatives and a Republican minority who has filibustered just about every piece of legislation designed to create jobs.

So what were you saying about Obama???

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#39421 Oct 16, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I never mentioned him. I asked a legitimate question based on past posts.
Ask away, I didn't intend to answer for Rico, just pointing out that it was a specific post directed at a single target.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#39422 Oct 16, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And it just cost her political future as well..
Eagle
I disagree. She's a standup woman. She made no excuses, nor did she pass the buck. How many of our leaders have ever made the wrong call, or were provided less than adequate information by their staff and made the wrong call as a result? Why don't we let this play out to find out exactly what the problem was and why security wasn't provided and exactly what Hillary Clinton knew in advance of the attack.

I personally believe she's done a terrific job overall, and I would hope one tragic incident would not override her overall performance as Secretary of State. After all, we don't pull our commanders in from the battlefield and fire them simply because somebody screwed up communications and our own troops were killed by friendly fire or innocent civilian lives were lost. In truth, those in charge usually bear a heartfelt regret without any further punishment necessary.
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#39423 Oct 16, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a link to support that statement? LOL!
The Obama administration has learned a shocking fact. According to a recent poll, when faced with difficult times, most people do NOT turn to the government for help. This revelation has caused the administration to create a new web site called "Government Made Easy" in order that more people can get aid from the government rather than other sources such as savings or family members.

It's a disturbing development, but it's one which shows the true nature of Barack Obama. Rather than government being limited and a short term means of assistance, Obama wants people hooked on government.

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/2012/08/28/obam...
Gus007

Oneonta, NY

#39425 Oct 16, 2012
Obama's failures "32 Month Report Card":

http://factspy.net/barrack-obamas-failures/

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#39426 Oct 16, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking effective total tax rate to effective total tax rate.
Someone making $100K in earned income pays 15.3% payroll taxes PLUS his income tax. Romney did not even pay 15.3%.
Guess what? I'M BACK.
What I said was correct.
The federal government gets almost as much revenues from payroll taxes as it does income/capital gains taxes. It gets around 10% from corporate taxes.
Was that a employee or a employer?? I believe after 250k the SS tax it removed as well..

Eagle
Hollywood White Power

Temple City, CA

#39427 Oct 16, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooh, another conspiracy? Who doesn't love a conspiracy? Are you Michael Moore, by chance?
It's no secret that big oil has an agenda against it's competition...to green energy. You can start with big oil buying up refineries in California and then closing them or buying patients on auto batteries for electric cars and then closing down the manufacturing of said batteries designed for the RAV4 which killed that competition.

It's not a conspiracy for big oil let alone any business to buy out or out-compete its competition.

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#39428 Oct 16, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think he is pretending anything. I think he is standing up for american values albeit moderate when needed and also extreme when also needed. JMO. And I also think a producer trumps a lawyer.
Now that I know more about your views and your voting record, I have a better understanding of your opinions. I understand how you view Romney favorably. What do you think about his habit of dishonesty? I can't get past it. Also, why do you suppose we can't find a candidate who has the qualities of both producer and lawyer? Can this really be the best we have?

“Natural selection created apes”

Religion made them human

#39429 Oct 16, 2012
Tonight be prepared for a Mitten's Etch A Sketch. He will swear that:

1) he's for gay rights
2) he's for equal pay
3) he's for the Dream Act
4) he's for comprehensive immigration reform
5) he will allow loopholes for the rich to expire
6) he's against Super PACs
7) hates Grover Norquist
8)
9)

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#39430 Oct 16, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. She's a standup woman. She made no excuses, nor did she pass the buck. How many of our leaders have ever made the wrong call, or were provided less than adequate information by their staff and made the wrong call as a result? Why don't we let this play out to find out exactly what the problem was and why security wasn't provided and exactly what Hillary Clinton knew in advance of the attack.
I personally believe she's done a terrific job overall, and I would hope one tragic incident would not override her overall performance as Secretary of State. After all, we don't pull our commanders in from the battlefield and fire them simply because somebody screwed up communications and our own troops were killed by friendly fire or innocent civilian lives were lost. In truth, those in charge usually bear a heartfelt regret without any further punishment necessary.
Clinton will be fine and she just displayed what I consider a very valuable characteristic...

A sense of accountability.

She isn't passing the buck, she has clearly said "the buck stops here."

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#39431 Oct 16, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. She's a standup woman. She made no excuses, nor did she pass the buck. How many of our leaders have ever made the wrong call, or were provided less than adequate information by their staff and made the wrong call as a result? Why don't we let this play out to find out exactly what the problem was and why security wasn't provided and exactly what Hillary Clinton knew in advance of the attack.
Those 4 lives and their family members will haunt her till the day she dies.. You can think some fool would elect her but I don't.. But I guess the did elect a sexual offender as her husband so who knows..

Eagle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 14 min someone else 1,061
News From Hurricane Katrina to Howard University, a ... 14 min Le Jimbo 7
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Bluestater 1,223,654
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 15 min neveratfault 444
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Le Jimbo 180,174
News Obama turns up heat on climate change debate in... 17 min Earthling-1 189
News Bristol Palin to marry U.S. Medal of Honor winn... 22 min Tazo 1,073
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 28 min Chimney1 161,765
More from around the web