The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393391 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#34671 Oct 9, 2012
Rico the Intelectual wrote:
<quoted text>
What I mean is that this Nation is Christian in name only. IMO, this Nation is a bunch of fking hypocrites when it comes to religion.
Oh, I agree about the hypocrisy part of the equation for sure and I wasn't disagreeing with what you said, just trying to find a way to say it that both sides might get.

The United States is not a Christian Nation. We are a secular republic with a Christian majority.

Our laws are based on our Constitution, not on religious text.

Just sharing an opinion nobody asked for.

I do that a lot.

:)
Rico the Intelectual

Los Angeles, CA

#34673 Oct 9, 2012
I'll give Mitt Romney this......

It takes something special to make George W. Bush seem intelligent and Sarah Palin more likable.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#34674 Oct 9, 2012
Rico Likes Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
We're all regulars here and already set in who we're going to vote for so why do you even care how much I bitch slap Romney? Apparently it bothers you enough, maybe that's by goal as it's apparent that you support the SPAM that Cricket does on a daily basis.
So do yourself a favor, come caca.
A agree with the facts that cricket puts forth on these threads. The same facts that prove that Obama is a failure, Rico. Why don't you instead defend your messiah instead of shooting down the messenger? OH I FORGOT, it's the mentality that you portray here.
A mentality of hate.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#34675 Oct 9, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>A agree with the facts that cricket puts forth on these threads. The same facts that prove that Obama is a failure, Rico. Why don't you instead defend your messiah instead of shooting down the messenger? OH I FORGOT, it's the mentality that you portray here.
A mentality of hate.
Take it easy,what with all its unsubstantiated Lies
Multiple Aliases up the Ass,no links to support any
lies it tells at all?/ Its breaking down,just keeping
the aliases and phony judgits have proven too much for
it!! I caught it red handed with the expressin that only
one of its aliases uses Pfftt!! NTR,Rico & BS names that
it attaches,X Man,and numerous others must be in the
hundreds seriously sick individual,I refuse to touch
any thing associated with it,in case its catching? LOL..
Rico the Intelectual

Los Angeles, CA

#34676 Oct 9, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I agree about the hypocrisy part of the equation for sure and I wasn't disagreeing with what you said, just trying to find a way to say it that both sides might get.
The United States is not a Christian Nation. We are a secular republic with a Christian majority.
Our laws are based on our Constitution, not on religious text.
Just sharing an opinion nobody asked for.
I do that a lot.
:)
Yuppers!
higgans

Avon, IN

#34677 Oct 9, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the link for ya..:-)
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...
Eagle
did I lie?
that's the source I used, too.
DID I LIE? tell spirit-duckling, et al...
if I lied, the SOURCE lied.
also, tell her how EASY it was to look-up and VERIFY.
thanks MUCH (I think):)
COME ON NOV.
Rico the Intelectual

Los Angeles, CA

#34678 Oct 9, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>A agree with the facts that cricket puts forth on these threads. The same facts that prove that Obama is a failure, Rico. Why don't you instead defend your messiah instead of shooting down the messenger? OH I FORGOT, it's the mentality that you portray here.
A mentality of hate.
Of course you're willing to co-sign Crickets bullshit.

When racist, bigoted lies & hate is more important to you than honesty....

Cricket can lie all he wants.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#34679 Oct 9, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest I would have to go look to be sure how it was worded, but yes, the deed does include very similar language.
As a matter of fact, the idea that a landowner has the right to use and enjoy their own property without interference is the basis for several laws concerning property rights.
For example, trespass is a crime here because by entering onto the property of another person without having a "contractual interest" you have violated the right of the landowner to "personal enjoyment" of the land.
It's not just in our deeds, it is the basis for most of our property rights laws.
Check it out, Jack. It may or not contain those exact wordings. This makes a world of difference in the rights that you may need to exercise at some point just as it does with me too.
This, IMO is very important for you to know (or study).
This exact wording has, IMO, been purposely not included as of lately. Within the last 30 years, I think but not real sure.
I would appreciate any info that you could find should you pursue the matter.
Reason being that I own a piece of contiguous land that is divided by a town road in which a 99 year lease on the land for the right of way that has expired and I want to close the road.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#34680 Oct 9, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
The United States is a secular nation with a Christian majority.
Spot on.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#34681 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Unemployment has been going down since 2009 and the irony here is that Republicans have done their best to destroy the economy and Obama has managed to devy the odds.
Obama is a true American Patriot.
Mitch McConnell vowed no cooperation with the Obama administration from the get-go
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/08/10/1118...
In November, Senate Republicans, led by McConnell, filibustered the bill preventing it from becoming law. CBS News reported at the time:
Senate Republicans blocked President Obama's $447 billion jobs package on Tuesday, putting the brakes on a bill Mr. Obama has been vigorously promoting over the past month.
Fox viewers were left with the impression that that filibuster never happened.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/06/08/fox-l...
GOP senators block top Obama jobs initiative
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Kentucky, had warned Democrats before the vote that his party would want to amend the bill -- possibly with hot-button issues like repealing the health care reform law or extending the Bush-era tax cuts for all income levels.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, responded that those amendments were not germane to the bill and he would not allow votes on them.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/19/politics/senate...
Senate GOP Blocks Jobs Bill for Vets
The “procedural objection” was hogwash.
What was the real objection? The bill originated in the White House. The Republicans will not support any activity that will give the administration a success story even if it means our returning service people have to go even longer without jobs. Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell has made that crystal clear.
http://mesquitecitizen.com/viewnews.php...
This may be all true but still, He has failed. There isn't one election year in our history when the unemployment figures weren't botched to signal an improvement just before the elections. Right now those unemployment figures are much higher in actuality, Rico. None of us can deny this cold hard fact. Not even you and I am not going to argue the point further with you or anybody else who doesn't know this.
Rico the Intelectual

Los Angeles, CA

#34682 Oct 9, 2012
A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.

Martin Luther King Jr.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#34683 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
What I mean is that this Nation is Christian in name only. IMO, this Nation is a bunch of fking hypocrites when it comes to religion.
That is not the opinion of our nation. It is just yours.
Rico the Intelectual

Los Angeles, CA

#34684 Oct 9, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
did I lie?
COME ON NOV.
You always lie, it's your modus operandi.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#34685 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Of course you're willing to co-sign Crickets bullshit.
When racist, bigoted lies & hate is more important to you than honesty....
Cricket can lie all he wants.
Coming from the biggest liar,forger,multiple aliases
poster on topix,that funny even for you!!ROTFLMAO!!!

Wheres those 50 links we are all waiting for you
Plagiarizer,Liar.phony POS????
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#34686 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
You always lie, it's your modus operandi.
who writes modus operandi any more??
use M.O.like any one else in the real
world,oh sorry you do not have a clue
what that is,means??/ Liar,Plagiarizes
can not produce one link in months of
requesting them has the nerve to ask
posters wheres the link?//Scum!!!
higgans

Avon, IN

#34687 Oct 9, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said they "need" a call?
Do you "need" unsolicited calls?
Maybe!
isn't it amazing that the Prog/Dems CAN talk DOWN about people based on their race and economic level AND GET AWAY WITH IT?
1) you're NOT white, so we'll help YOU register
2) you're not NOT 'rich white', so we'll help you register
3) THEN, because you're NOT white or 'rich white', we'll give you special days to AND drive you to vote
4) you're not educated because you ARE not white or, if you are white, you're poor, AND we'll help you 'pass' AND go to college
5) where you will then STILL BE poor, college-experienced, broke and massively IN DEBT, ignorant AND BEHOLDING Prog/Dem VOTERS!
6) AND, we'll brand any one that wants to make YOU SELF-sufficient as racist, sexist, homobhobic, and All-Around-Hater!
7) are THEY really that stoopid?
8) OR, are THEY really THAT devious? and, devoid of Traditional American Values INCLUDING individual Rights and Responsibilities and LIMITED government AND SIMPLE EQUALITY!?!
less IS better
COME ON NOV.

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#34689 Oct 9, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if the regulations were enacted or not, but the EPA was attempting to overstep it's authority and claim even irrigation ditches to be "navigable waters". This was all in the name of CWA, and, in turn, restricted private property owners from even building houses on their own property. This was under the current admin and I heard no objections coming from the WH on the subject. This would be a blatant example where the feds would be putting their noses into a place where it doesn't belong. The list keeps growing, but, this is just one example. At least it has bipartisan opposition.
http://www.humanevents.com/2012/06/11/epa-pow...
Part of the problem is that the EPA and the Corps of Engineers are creating their own guidelines to accommodate supreme court rulings that removed several types of "waterways" from federal protection.

Another part of the problem is that one side of the political aisle wants to deregulate everything and do away with the EPA (mostly in the interest of big oil, coal and gas) and the other side wants to go too far the other way and give the government too much control over the use of private property (also in the interest of specific political constituencies).

I have to admit, I haven't been keeping up with this story and don't know as much about it as I should. I just read the article you linked to and two others.

I think it's fair to say the article you linked to represents the conservative perspective on this issue.

I found this and it seemed to sum up the argument the left is making...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wm-robert-irvin...

I have to deal with environmental regulations and use restrictions and all of that just like most land owners so I understand that it's a balancing act between individual rights and the public interest, but will be watching how this plays out much more closely now.

Thanks for that link.

Rico the Speeding Bullet

Los Angeles, CA

#34690 Oct 9, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>This may be all true but still, He has failed. There isn't one election year in our history when the unemployment figures weren't botched to signal an improvement just before the elections. Right now those unemployment figures are much higher in actuality, Rico. None of us can deny this cold hard fact. Not even you and I am not going to argue the point further with you or anybody else who doesn't know this.
You're like the dog who barks at the rock that the boy threw at you. Claiming that Obama has failed when you 're well aware that Republicans have publicly stated that they will obstruct Obama in every way has me assured that you're just as pathetic as the rest of the Republican party.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#34691 Oct 9, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
did I lie?
COME ON NOV.
Sourcewatch? Highly controversial site. It's little like using a Topix thread post as your source;-)

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#34692 Oct 9, 2012
higgans wrote:
8<quoted text>
isn't it amazing that the Prog/Dems CAN talk DOWN about people based on their race and economic level AND GET AWAY WITH IT?
1) you're NOT white, so we'll help YOU register
2) you're not NOT 'rich white', so we'll help you register
3) THEN, because you're NOT white or 'rich white', we'll give you special days to AND drive you to vote
4) you're not educated because you ARE not white or, if you are white, you're poor, AND we'll help you 'pass' AND go to college
5) where you will then STILL BE poor, college-experienced, broke and massively IN DEBT, ignorant AND BEHOLDING Prog/Dem VOTERS!
6) AND, we'll brand any one that wants to make YOU SELF-sufficient as racist, sexist, homobhobic, and All-Around-Hater!
7) are THEY really that stoopid?
8) OR, are THEY really THAT devious? and, devoid of Traditional American Values INCLUDING individual Rights and Responsibilities and LIMITED government AND SIMPLE EQUALITY!?!
less IS better
COME ON NOV.
"...less IS better"

Unless we're talking about your meds. Seriously...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 239,884
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,420,161
News Republicans outraged over reported delay of Cli... 2 min Ivyawe 42
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Dogen 205,276
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 4 min Frankie Rizzo 135
News Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If... 5 min Mullahing It Over 24
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min Looking for safety 7,983
News Former Obama aide: Trump is a 'psychopath' 10 min Donaldo 71
More from around the web