The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 370286 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#273909 Jun 10, 2014
Sunnier wrote:
<quoted text>Cold War era....
Since 1972, the act prohibits domestic access to information intended for foreign audiences. Prior to this, the State Department and then the USIA beginning in 1952, were prohibited from disseminating information intended for foreign audiences, with the express intent that Congress, the American media, or academia would be the distributors of such information.
The act expanded the Fulbright Program to include countries other than those Lend-Lease countries originally specified in the original 1946 amendment to the Surplus Property Act of 1944. It also facilitated the establishment of bi-national centers around the world to coordinate international exchanges between the countries.
Amendments to the Act in 1972 and 1985 reflected the Cold War’s departure from the “struggle for minds and wills”(a phrase used by both President Truman and President Eisenhower) to a balance of power based on “traditional diplomacy” and counting missiles, bombers, and tanks. As a result, Senator J. William Fulbright argued America’s international broadcasting should take its “rightful place in the graveyard of Cold War relics”. A decade later, "Senator Edward Zorinsky (D-NE)" successfully blocked taxpayer access to USIA materials, even through Freedom of Information Act requests, as he compared the USIA to an organ of Soviet propaganda.[12]
Thank you sunnier...I knew we have been going down hill a long time I just didn't realize it had been that long.

“Slice and Dice”

Since: Jan 14

SUNNY

#273910 Jun 10, 2014
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you sunnier...I knew we have been going down hill a long time I just didn't realize it had been that long.
“Conservatives” vs.“Liberals”

Both [conservatives and liberals] hold the same premise—the mind-body dichotomy—but choose opposite sides of this lethal fallacy.

The conservatives want freedom to act in the material realm; they tend to oppose government control of production, of industry, of trade, of business, of physical goods, of material wealth. But they advocate government control of man’s spirit, i.e., man’s consciousness; they advocate the State’s right to impose censorship, to determine moral values, to create and enforce a governmental establishment of morality, to rule the intellect. The liberals want freedom to act in the spiritual realm; they oppose censorship, they oppose government control of ideas, of the arts, of the press, of education (note their concern with “academic freedom”). But they advocate government control of material production, of business, of employment, of wages, of profits, of all physical property—they advocate it all the way down to total expropriation.

The conservatives see man as a body freely roaming the earth, building sand piles or factories—with an electronic computer inside his skull, controlled from Washington. The liberals see man as a soul freewheeling to the farthest reaches of the universe—but wearing chains from nose to toes when he crosses the street to buy a loaf of bread.

Yet it is the conservatives who are predominantly religionists, who proclaim the superiority of the soul over the body, who represent what I call the “mystics of spirit.” And it is the liberals who are predominantly materialists, who regard man as an aggregate of meat, and who represent what I call the “mystics of muscle.”

This is merely a paradox, not a contradiction: each camp wants to control the realm it regards as metaphysically important; each grants freedom only to the activities it despises. Observe that the conservatives insult and demean the rich or those who succeed in material production, regarding them as morally inferior—and that the liberals treat ideas as a cynical con game.“Control,” to both camps, means the power to rule by physical force. Neither camp holds freedom as a value. The conservatives want to rule man’s consciousness; the liberals, his body.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#273911 Jun 10, 2014
Sunnier wrote:
<quoted text>“Conservatives” vs.“Liberals”

Both [conservatives and liberals] hold the same premise—the mind-body dichotomy—but choose opposite sides of this lethal fallacy.

The conservatives want freedom to act in the material realm; they tend to oppose government control of production, of industry, of trade, of business, of physical goods, of material wealth. But they advocate government control of man’s spirit, i.e., man’s consciousness; they advocate the State’s right to impose censorship, to determine moral values, to create and enforce a governmental establishment of morality, to rule the intellect. The liberals want freedom to act in the spiritual realm; they oppose censorship, they oppose government control of ideas, of the arts, of the press, of education (note their concern with “academic freedom”). But they advocate government control of material production, of business, of employment, of wages, of profits, of all physical property—they advocate it all the way down to total expropriation.

The conservatives see man as a body freely roaming the earth, building sand piles or factories—with an electronic computer inside his skull, controlled from Washington. The liberals see man as a soul freewheeling to the farthest reaches of the universe—but wearing chains from nose to toes when he crosses the street to buy a loaf of bread.

Yet it is the conservatives who are predominantly religionists, who proclaim the superiority of the soul over the body, who represent what I call the “mystics of spirit.” And it is the liberals who are predominantly materialists, who regard man as an aggregate of meat, and who represent what I call the “mystics of muscle.”

This is merely a paradox, not a contradiction: each camp wants to control the realm it regards as metaphysically important; each grants freedom only to the activities it despises. Observe that the conservatives insult and demean the rich or those who succeed in material production, regarding them as morally inferior—and that the liberals treat ideas as a cynical con game.“Control,” to both camps, means the power to rule by physical force. Neither camp holds freedom as a value. The conservatives want to rule man’s consciousness; the liberals, his body.
If you would read your fallacy of the conservative, you would see it's your opinion and not factual.
King Clutch

Ottumwa, IA

#273912 Jun 10, 2014
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Because they have immigrated into this Country.
Illegally.

I agree.

Which makes them criminals.

“Slice and Dice”

Since: Jan 14

SUNNY

#273913 Jun 10, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would read your fallacy of the conservative, you would see it's your opinion and not factual.
Oh you know how Google is there's a thousand things in the hat and I just pulled one out an gave it to everybody on here..."sorry it bothered you"...."Life is Good"
Therealnews com

West Islip, NY

#273914 Jun 10, 2014
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I rather liked this definition of a Neo Con.
"1.
Neocon
Neoconservative. Criminally insane spenders that believe in killing brown people for the new world order. Huge Orwellian government, unfathomable amounts of spending, bomb tens of thousands of people to death to rearrange the globe. Take the worst aspects of the liberal and conservative positions and combine them into one and you would have a NeoCon.
Neocons are the greatest threat to life, liberty and property this country has ever known."
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
That is golden WA.

lol
Therealnews com

West Islip, NY

#273915 Jun 10, 2014
King Clutch wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegally.
I agree.
How many illegals work in Florida for Tropicana and Disney World which Gov. Jeb Bush did nothing about?
Therealnews com

West Islip, NY

#273916 Jun 10, 2014
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I rather liked this definition of a Neo Con.
"1.
Neocon
Neoconservative. Criminally insane spenders that believe in killing brown people for the new world order. Huge Orwellian government, unfathomable amounts of spending, bomb tens of thousands of people to death to rearrange the globe. Take the worst aspects of the liberal and conservative positions and combine them into one and you would have a NeoCon.
Neocons are the greatest threat to life, liberty and property this country has ever known."
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
You probably seen this already but if not it is worth it.

----------

Orwell Rolls in his Grave (Full 3HR Documentary)

“A Pony For Everyone”

Since: Dec 12

Free Candy

#273917 Jun 10, 2014
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Because they have immigrated into this Country.
The United States Taxpayers provides a United State Embassy in each and every one of those invaders home countries so that any one of them can apply for a visa to come to the USA. Those who do come here with a visa are either tourists, students, legal laborers or immigrants. All others are illegal invaders and should be shot on sight. PERIOD!
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#273918 Jun 10, 2014
American Lady wrote:
June 9, 2014
Where is America's Sense of Self-Preservation?
By John Bennett
Many Western nations are restricting immigration because of popular anger at the unwelcome changes brought about by mass immigration. America seems to be the rare country with the misfortune of having politicians who won’t stand up for citizens.
How many nations around the world have to be thrown into crisis and division for us to learn that mass immigration is not always a positive?
http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/06/where_...
This post is not only factual being played out in America NOW and with the aid and deception of our government but is the truth.

Great posting.
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#273919 Jun 10, 2014
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a plan Everyone can support. Give it to EVERYONE for the exact same price and give NOBODY special treatment. Period. You want it. Here it is. Take it or leave it it is up to you. Your life, your health your choice. No subsidies for ANYONE!
DP
Do you know why your above post received so many negative judge-its?

If everyone gets the same thing they also receive the same work ethics and this is a no no with the Libbies. No work for the entitled is their creed.
King Clutch

Ottumwa, IA

#273920 Jun 10, 2014
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
How many illegals work in Florida for Tropicana and Disney World which Gov. Jeb Bush did nothing about?
Still all of the Bush's fault and their offspring too?

Pathetic.

You see Bush's behind everything and anything don't you.

Unbelievable.
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#273921 Jun 10, 2014
King Clutch wrote:
<quoted text>
We had the best system in the world.
Admired and revered worldwide.
Until Obama came into the picture.
Look no further than the VA for the real, picture.
Until then, you're a non tax paying lifelong taker who never gave her fair share and is just now, at 65 years of age, and getting worried about the mid terms and 2016, who is attempting to be clawing her way up on anyone's backs to stay afloat.
PERIOD!
I'm a stout supporter of the above post---every word.
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#273922 Jun 10, 2014
Agents of Corruption wrote:
There's an Unprecedented Crisis at the Border, Killing Those Who Need Help Most
http://www.policymic.com/articles/90603/presi...
What's being done? President Obama has called on FEMA to provide more housing and medical care for the kids, but considering the reasons behind their influx — the poverty, violence and long-term family separation — this solution seems merely cosmetic.
Their circumstances are fuelled by a confluence of policy and poverty, and a consequent violence that's forced them to choose between a mayhem-wracked homeland and a northern neighbor that's done everything to assure them they are unwanted. It's an unenviable choice for anyone to face, and these kids face it in unprecedented numbers every day.
That they're children just makes it all the more devastating.
This government didn't have a problem killing our veterans who protected you, why the outcry on another nation's citizens who sends them purposely to America to feed at the trough.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#273923 Jun 10, 2014
King Clutch wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegally.
I agree.
You are talking to the brain dead. They do not acknowledge our borders or our right to say who enters this country and who does not.
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#273924 Jun 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be nice to have a free 747 at yur command to get the hell out of dodge when one of yur many lies and fiascos blow up, like the liar BO has.. Likely he'll run out of places to visit before he runs out of lies and disasters.
Yes. No shame or regret from this evil about the men and women who suffered before they died.

Not one doubt about this.
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#273925 Jun 10, 2014
Only COWARDS shift the blame to someone else for their evil acts:

Look who Obammie is throwing under the bus NOW:

Now, amid animosity about this decision that was made without following the ‘law of the land’ to inform Congress 30 days before the release of any Guantanamo detainees and the questions surrounding Bergdahl’s desertion along with the belief by some top military officials that he was collaborating with the Taliban, the ‘we’ has turned to ‘he’. Barack Obama, who shallowly claims at times that the buck stops with him, is now pinning the decision on Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/06/10/as-the-bergdah...
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#273926 Jun 10, 2014
This is what Libbies support and not only a disgrace they are for supporting him but what a disgrace he is:

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/06/09/you-wont-belie...

When a member of the armed services salutes the president, the commander-in-chief is supposed to salute back. Having never served in the military, Obama doesn’t quite understand such things. As he entered Marine One, the official presidential helicopter, while in Europe in May 2013, Barack Obama walked right by the Marine who saluted him and up the stairs into the helicopter. This isn’t the first time he has dissed a Marine in this manner.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

United States

#273927 Jun 10, 2014
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Positronium is only here to pass his days between welfare checks. He doesnt care about the USA and his life is a fantasy.
Just pray to Allah for him.
LOL
Positronium is only here to reiterate the fact that our president is failing us because he cares about the future survival of theUSA as he has always known it and you and your bund know anything about my personal life except what I have posted about it, Rico or whoever the fk you are.
Get over it you little baby.
Fed Up Again

Frankfort, KY

#273928 Jun 10, 2014
Quirky wrote:
Did Obama pay a $5-6 million ransom to the Taliban for Bergdahl?
Here’s a new, possible development in this whole deserter Bowe Bergdahl story. Was there a $5-6 million dollar ransom paid to the Taliban by the Obama regime in addition to the 5 terrorists released in exchange for the deserter?
Oliver North seems to think so, but other than him, I haven’t heard this theory yet. If this is true, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least. Obama publicly funding a Muslim terrorist organization? It all adds up.
Some reports have the $5-6 million random not going directly to the Taliban, but instead to Qatar as ‘aid’ to the Muslim terrorist supporting country. Again, nothing surprises anymore. Obama is this corrupt, the progressive liberal Democrats are this filthy.
http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2014/06/03/...
It wouldn't surprise me if Obammie took the Taliban on one of the multi-vacation trips and multi multi multi golf games with him at the expense of the American tax payers.

Obammie probably gives the Taliban tips on where to locate Americans for killing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Critical Eye 186,968
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,346,596
News Kasich, Sanders win in Dixville Notch 8 min littlehelp 5
News Gov't report: 8 states had significant drop in ... 9 min spud 6
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... (Jun '15) 10 min Squirts Mud 739
News FBI 'ready to indict' Hillary Clinton, Tom Dela... 11 min woodtick57 762
News Mayor, city manager among those arrested in Cry... 12 min who u gonna call 1
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... 15 min zooooforyou 4,179
More from around the web