The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 387771 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Linktv org

Brooklyn, NY

#254896 Apr 3, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Another Russian beaner?
Maybe it has something to do with our troops being overworked and stressed for 13 straight years?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#254897 Apr 3, 2014
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it has something to do with our troops being overworked and stressed for 13 straight years?
Maybe it has something to do with our troops being too coddled at the expense of adequate discipline.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#254898 Apr 3, 2014
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny. The shooter only spent 4 months in Iraq as a truck driver and saw no combat. So it would appear that the overworked stressed excuse does not apply.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#254899 Apr 3, 2014
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Quirky has claimed to have seen UFO's and golden meteors so I'm pretty convinced that he's hitting the whacky tobacky daily.
Quirky is just the poster child for the rest of the radical conservatives that post here.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#254900 Apr 3, 2014
Egyptian wrote:
<quoted text>happy weed make happy.
eeeeeew, ohhhhhh snap, you are dumb as a rock and have no excuse! smoke some wacky backy so you will have n excuse for at least thinkin you know everything!
You try so hard to be funny and cutting yet all you show is your ignorance.
Me thinks you smoke too much.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#254901 Apr 3, 2014
Quirky wrote:
Pizza with Rico`s Mexican Nick name creates controversy
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/03/24/piz...
Rico is Speedy's evil twin Sluggish Gonzales. LOL..

“Peace”

Location hidden

#254902 Apr 3, 2014
The Fort Hood shooter was taking ambien which has known dangerous side effects. Why the Ft Hood physicians would give someone already having problems with mental issues that type of sleeping pill I'll never understand.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
"McHugh says the soldier was examined by a psychiatrist last month and was found to show no violent or suicidal tendencies. He says the soldier had been prescribed Ambien to deal with a sleeping problem."
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-measu...
"Ambien, delusions, and violence: Is there a link?
Can Ambien use lead to violence?
Published on May 24, 2010 by Cheryl Paradis, Psy.D. in The Measure of Madness"

It was interesting yesterday when the shooting was happening. My grandson in law who had served and was stationed at one time at Ft Hood heard about the shooting before the news came out about it. He was also able to stay ahead of the news reports via blogs. He knew people that were still there and they were letting him know about what was happening.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#254903 Apr 3, 2014
Quirky wrote:
ATF director pressed on why no one fired over Fast and Furious
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/02/at...
Hilarious.. Rico has a squid smoking a joint tattooed on his neck? LMAO.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#254904 Apr 3, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you live, Coward? next door to the other coward, ex man? Hiding from the law no doubt or in prison.
I see another smoker of the wacky stuff. Would you be trying to threaten me. I guess it is a safe bet to take on a old grandmother. Well maybe not for you. I do have a cane.
Look if you don't like me and want to shorten my days come and get it. You don't scare me. Oh and just to put to rest I'm no criminal nor am I in hiding. Nor am I stupid so grow up.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#254905 Apr 3, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
[ibid]
The very fact that the American taxpayer is required to subsidize illegal alien farm labor -- to say nothing of anti-competitive marketing orders, tariffs and subsidies given to farmers -- proves that we're propping up an industry the country doesn't need.
If Mexican farm labor is so much cheaper, maybe we should be growing our fruits and vegetables in Mexico. There's absolutely no reason to import Mexicans to do something they could do at home and then sell to us. I believe this is what economists call "competitive advantage."
The Times quotes a report by two pro-amnesty farmers groups, Partnership for a New American Economy and the Agriculture Coalition for Immigration Reform, complaining that American consumption of foreign-grown produce has increased by 80 percent since the late 1990s.
I see why rich farmers are alarmed by that, but why should Americans care? If food can be grown cheaper in other countries, isn't it the very essence of libertarian free trade principles to buy it from them?
No. Apparently, we're required to wreck the country by bringing in millions upon millions more poor people so we can save the buggy whip industry.
We didn't do that with oil. We didn't do it with steel. We must be "Fortress America" only when it comes to asparagus!
Hey! Where's the Cato Institute on this? Busy drafting another philippic against our drug laws?
I care more about my fellow Americans who can't get well-paying jobs than I do about multimillionaire farmers, demanding that the rest of us pay to support an industry that claims it can't compete without taxpayer-subsidized illegal alien labor.
To rely 100% on other nations for our food supply is rather dangerous. Don't you agree?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#254906 Apr 3, 2014
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I see another smoker of the wacky stuff. Would you be trying to threaten me. I guess it is a safe bet to take on a old grandmother. Well maybe not for you. I do have a cane.
Look if you don't like me and want to shorten my days come and get it. You don't scare me. Oh and just to put to rest I'm no criminal nor am I in hiding. Nor am I stupid so grow up.
Harmonious is a degenerate snow monkey. We'll just leave it at that!

LOLOLOLOLOLOOL!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#254907 Apr 3, 2014
Quirky wrote:
Woah! Rhode Island State Senator to Gun Rights Supporter:“Go F**k Yourself”
Rhode Island State Senator Josh Miller (District 28), a Democrat, to Second Amendment activist Dan Bidondi when challenged on gun control legislation:
“Go F*%k Yourself!”
This was captured at the Rhode Island State Capitol in Providence:
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/03/25/woah-rho...
Need to replace his azz!

Since: Oct 09

#254908 Apr 3, 2014
<quoted text>
To rely 100% on other nations for our food supply is rather dangerous. Don't you agree?
It' s time we all become a little more self reliant.

http://www.wikihow.com/Grow-Your-Own-Food

Since: Oct 09

#254909 Apr 3, 2014
@ Rico

Very few words...remarkable insight!

"To rely 100% on other nations for our food supply is rather dangerous. Don't you agree?"

AGREE!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#254910 Apr 3, 2014
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but you are mistaken. Provide a link to a news story stating this guy was a right wing gun nut please.
Look at his mug shot...

White {probably whitewashed Hispanic} and loves guns. That's the picture of a right wing radical.

Ivan Lopez named as Fort Hood Shooting Suspect: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Read more at: http://www.heavy.com/news/2014/04/ivan-lopez-...

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#254911 Apr 3, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
It' s time we all become a little more self reliant.
http://www.wikihow.com/Grow-Your-Own-Food
Almost all Americans haven't the land to grow the crops necessary to feed their own family. We as a Nation will continue to rely on our food from farmers who own the land necessary to feed this Nation.

Insisting that we rely on food from foreign Nations simply because you hate the migrants who come here is not thinking clearly.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#254912 Apr 3, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
@ Rico
Very few words...remarkable insight!
"To rely 100% on other nations for our food supply is rather dangerous. Don't you agree?"
AGREE!
So the next question would be, "are we relying too much on the labor of our southern neighbors". I know you'll agree and at this point I'm willing to agree that we are relying too much on foreign labor.

Just like we can make the goverment raise the minimum wage for working Americans, we can also limit the number of migrant workers or better yet, raise the wages of farm labor to a point that Americans begin to take those jobs thus squeezing out the illegals.

One problem here is that you'll forever have greedy employers trying to skirt the laws.

Google "Bracero Program" of the late 40's-60's. It was a program that allowed labor from mostly Mexico to work for farmers & railroad under limited contracts due to the shortage of Americans during WW2. Bracero hands paid taxes & were taken care of by the hosting farm/employer.

Well, the farmers/employers began skirting the system and began employing illegal labor thus how the illegal alien was formed.

Since then, the employment of illegal labor has never stopped.

Employers want it and provide plenty of hush money to our elected officials so that this can continue.

This is one more reason why both democrats & republicans will never ever fix the illegal immigration issue.

“Slice and Dice ”

Since: Jan 14

SUNNY

#254913 Apr 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Look at his mug shot...
White {probably whitewashed Hispanic} and loves guns. That's the picture of a right wing radical.
Ivan Lopez named as Fort Hood Shooting Suspect: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
Read more at: http://www.heavy.com/news/2014/04/ivan-lopez-...
God Rico you always got to throw white right wing radical B.S in to stir things up, what's up with that chit?lol... All you had to say is the fken guy was a nut job an he cracked and you know just like I do that there's nut jobs on both sides of the fence..lol

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#254914 Apr 3, 2014
No wonder why the GOP keeps on losing.

Fla. GOP House candidate moonlights as a vampire role-playing gamer
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/02/ja...
Katrina

Tempe, AZ

#254915 Apr 3, 2014
Sunnier wrote:
<quoted text>God Rico you always got to throw white right wing radical B.S in to stir things up, what's up with that chit?lol... All you had to say is the fken guy was a nut job an he cracked and you know just like I do that there's nut jobs on both sides of the fence..lol
Rico is an attention seeking troll who is ignored in the REAL WORLD so he posts on Topix 24 hours a day 2 get attention

Giggle. Giggle. Giggle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 228,352
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 1 min RMGHispanic Causi... 1,998
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min Terra Firma 12,888
News Democrats stage sit-in, shut down chamber overa 3 min huey goins 23
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min ROY 1,394,377
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 4 min barefoot2626 370
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min woodtick57 2,942
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 10 min Cat74 212
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 27 min spocko 968
More from around the web