Labor's plan to fight back

Dec 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Politico

Labor unions, stung by an unexpected setback in Michigan, where Republican Gov. Rick Snyder signed a right-to-work law Tuesday limiting their ability to collect dues, are eyeing a large-scale counteroffensive against the conservative state leaders who have slashed away at union power since the 2010 midterm elections.

Comments (Page 11)

Showing posts 201 - 220 of394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Face the Facts

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>No, you didn't cause a ripple in my feelings. You did hurt my sensibilities. It isn't easy for me to tolerate someone with your combination of smugness and stupidity.
hahah it must be damned difficult for you to look in the mirror every morning.
Ned

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
How is tax any different from theft?
Hahaha. Taxation is theft in your books huh genius? What do you really know about U.S. tax policy or why we have a progressive tax code, the purpose of progessive tax or why it is necessary. Enlighten us o'wise one ..... lol

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ned wrote:
Hey space boy:
I imagine you're sitting there right now gazing at a full length glossy picture of your guy Rick Snyder wand a replica of his stiff dick stuck up your A** hoping the Nerd's promise for prosperity is gonna cume your way arent ya?
WOW!

I never seen so many guys facinated with sticking stuff up peoples butts.

That tells us more about you, than anyone else.

Idiots
Face the Facts

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ned wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey boy face, you just can't keep yourself under Rick's skirt today huh?
Now there you go again. You are a big bad union bully wanna bee bzzz bzzz bzzz.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
He believes that the United States has taken advantage of the entire world, and America must be knocked down to size.
It's all written out in Obama's Book "Dreams of my Father".
Study up on old Barack, Sr.
Study up on Frank Marshal Davis
Barack, Jr., is following his Father's dreams.
But you're a think you know it all, Progressive fool, who wouldn't be open-minded enough to actually do any kind of critical thinking about what is actually going in the World.
Just protest where & when you Union bosses tell you to.
was that the book in which he said his granny was a typical white person?
Ned

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
MICHIGAN, the state that supported President Obama by a margin of more than 9%, is UNDER ATTACK by ALEC on ALL FRONTS.
Extreme far-right wing legislation is being crammed into the lame duck session.
We have unelected Emergency Managers replacing elected officials.
Women's rights to abortions are being curbed.
Public schools are being taking over and privatized.
Unions are told to continue without dues. It's called "pro-union", "pro-worker", but even though it's being promoted as something positive, it specifically EXCLUDES police and firefighters. If it is so good, why punish our first-responders????
The TRUTH is that Snyder is USING the POLICE for his new POLICE STATE.
Remember, as goes Michigan, so goes the country. Thank God, we didn't elect Rmoney, the other supposedly moderate businessman. They are ALL ALEC and KOCH Bros. PUPPETS.
Prepare for the end of the MIDDLE CLASS and all of our basic civil rights. They have long battled for the return of the gilded age and they are ALMOST there.
Good post but do you really think boy face or lost cause or any of the other losers and delusional heads here have even 10% capacity to begin comprehending it? I don't but that doesn't matter, just keep trying.
Ned

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!
I never seen so many guys facinated with sticking stuff up peoples butts.
That tells us more about you, than anyone else.
Idiots
Just telling it how it is for you space man. What part of that is not true?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
How is tax any different from theft?
One is constitutionally legal. Taxation is also the price we pay to live in a civilized society.
GetReal

Chapel Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ned wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha. Taxation is theft in your books huh genius? What do you really know about U.S. tax policy or why we have a progressive tax code, the purpose of progessive tax or why it is necessary. Enlighten us o'wise one ..... lol
We have a progressive tax code because it was the only way to first get an income tax passed through Congress. It's always easy to pick on minorities.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a corporation steal?
By taking what doesn't belong to it. For a more detailed definition, see Merriam-Webster.
Ned

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Face the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there you go again. You are a big bad union bully wanna bee bzzz bzzz bzzz.
And I don't even belong to a union boy face. But I do know something about it and I'm thankful I did have collective bargaining, representation and a voice in the workplace and at the table or I probably would have ended up like you. Thankfully I was able to enjoy the fruits of my labors with respect and dignity, something you WILL NEVER HAVE in your lifetime, especially now.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ned wrote:
<quoted text>
If you call it stealing, then it was just stealing back what should otherwise have been paid to workers in the form of respect and a living wage. You would not understand that concept though would you? I would say the unions met adversity, they organized, and they helped their members share in the wealth that would have otherwise gone to a few greedy owners and shareholders. Got some advice for you Goober take a course or two in American business history especially as relates to the labor movement and how it led to a strong middle class and the reasons it came about. Till then just shut your big mouth and listen (if you're even capable), try to gain a new perspective other than what you allow yourself to be force fed by Fux news and the crazy right wing bloggers you have your nose into for hours a day.
Don't watch Fox news, jacka$$. I know what I know from listening to union so called big shots that bragged over and over again how they worked 3-4 hours a day and played poker the rest of the day at places like Ford, GM, Chrysler, Allison's, etc.

I've also seen it first hand when I drove a truck and making deliveries to the same places and wasn't allowed to unload my own freight even tho I had the equipment to do so. Having to walk past several forklift operators (doing nothing but sitting on their asses) before I could finally find one that was allowed to come out and unload the freight, usually taking their lazy a$$ time in doing so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Face the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
hahah it must be damned difficult for you to look in the mirror every morning.
Didn't you promise to go away? I'm done with you. Guards!
Face the Facts

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

hahah Space Cowboy you are the man. We need more people like you to help keep this country honest.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ned wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a t-shirt business space man? I bet its big time huh and you're proud of it too?
Not hardly, you clueless wonder.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

all this reminds me of that warm and fuzzy feeling right after Reagan fired all the Air Traffic Controllers, who thought they were important....they got replaced, and it worked out nicely.

Next up.....Fed govt employees, they dont need a union, they already have the best pay, shortest hours, and best bennies, we can't afford them either, time to cut about 35% of them.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
was that the book in which he said his granny was a typical white person?
Why yes, yes it was that book.
Ned

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>By taking what doesn't belong to it. For a more detailed definition, see Merriam-Webster.
hahaha. Voluntarist is especially dense or naive today eh?
Face the Facts

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>One is constitutionally legal. Taxation is also the price we pay to live in a civilized society.
What you consider to be civilized may not line up with what others consider to be proper.
Over taxation caused by over spending does nothing to keep any society civilized. Who are you trying to deceive?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ned wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asking you the question.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 220 of394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••