Republicans linking Hagel's nominatio...

Republicans linking Hagel's nomination to demand for information from White House on Benghazi

There are 482 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 14, 2013, titled Republicans linking Hagel's nomination to demand for information from White House on Benghazi. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

In this Jan. 31, 2013 file photo, former Nebraska Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel, President Obama's choice for defense secretary, testifies before the Senate Armed Services Committee during his confirmation hearing, on Capitol Hill in Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#153 Feb 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of the Dems do not want him either. Listen to CNN news, Face the Nation, etc.
Hagel is a Republican and the Repubs used to like him, but the Repubs are desperate to get another war for the war profiteers and for the oil companies, so they do not want Hagel in charge. Cheap oil has run out which means the end of growth, the end of globalization, the end of life as we know it and the rich want to be uber rich to survive the end of cheap oil so they want never ending wars, a war on terror means an undefined never ending war, which means never ending profits for the defense contractors.

When the country collapsed in 2008 what happened is the rich made boatloads of money off of the wars, off of sending the manufacturing base out of the country to China and the rich made tons of money off of selling bad mortgages. They took the country down by them raiding the country's money in every way they could think of. So then you have to ask yourself "why would the rich of a country take their own country down over greed of money?" There would have to be something so big coming down, about to happen that they would abandon the U.S., take it down financially. So if you look for it, you find out world oil production peaked in 2008 and that oil is now about $100 a barrel and it used to be $20 a barrrel for decades. It was $150 a barrel when everything crashed. So that tells you why the rich were so scared that they took the U.S. down in order to take all the money. It's because there is no more cheap oil which changes EVERYTHING. So now they want one more war to make boatloads of money off of.

Why do you think Fox has had John Bolton on like 5,000 times scaring the crapola out of viewers saying to have a war with Iran right now??? Fox is selling and selling a war with Iran.

So why would anyone imagine that a nation in two wars for so long would agree to a third major war? This is an act of desperation by the uber rich. It's a last ditch attempt to make billionaires into trillionaires off of war profiteering.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#154 Feb 17, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The point was Obama couldn't have an Al Qaeda attack on a consulate while campaigning for re-election, gloating about Osama Bin Laden was dead and Al Qaeda is on the road to defeat.
The controversy is about the cover up of a screw up.
See Above....Also making it a contraversy by manufactured outrage, likely helped cost them the election....Thank God.....
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#155 Feb 17, 2013
Pamela wrote:
Part of the reason why the Repubs lost the election all the way around is because Fox hung on and hung on to the Bengazi story and would not stop repeating the same thing over and over and the public at large was not interested. Everyone knows 9/11 happened on Bush's watch, so to go on and on and on for years now about 4 Americans died in an attack, yeah well, stuff keeps happening. Be glad it was only 4 people, not 4,000 this time. It was a losing stratgey for Fox. They used that story to death and it cost them the election. If they had done stories on things like - if Obama gets reelected he will run the debt up another $5 trillion for a total of $10 trillion of new debt that Obama will run up and talk about how that makes the country have to default on the debt. Things like that would have done more to get votes for Romney than them repeating the one story over and over because people know that there have been many attempted terrorist attacks here in the U.S. and this stuff goes on all the time. Fox was selling it that ONLY the Repubs are tough on terror, but everyone knows that Obama does the drone strikes and keeps killing to top terrorist leaders, so it's a loser for Fox to play that game. Fox needed big stories that matter to everyone here.
The problem the Repubs have is Americans are burned out on two wars for over ten years. They do not want a third major war, but the oil companies pay the Repubs and the defense contractors pay the Repubs and both are pushing and pushing to get the oil in Iran and to have a third major war for profits for themselves. So the Repubs use Fox to continue to try to sell a third major war when the American people are broke and sick of wars.
BS - how would you feel if that was your son that was raped and dragged threw the streets????? Would you want to know what happened - well there are 4 mothers who want to know the truth. OBAMA LIED AND 4 AMERICANS DIED
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#156 Feb 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>The made up line is.....AL QUEDA WAS NO LONGER A THREAT.......HE SIMPLY NEVER SAID IT.....
Your Messiah did say it: http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Location hidden

#157 Feb 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
BS - how would you feel if that was your son that was raped and dragged threw the streets????? Would you want to know what happened - well there are 4 mothers who want to know the truth. OBAMA LIED AND 4 AMERICANS DIED
What about IRAQ???? GW Lied and 4,000 died.......same-same?.....

Location hidden

#158 Feb 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Messiah did say it: http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Nothing There....like your honesty.....
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#159 Feb 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop drinking the Fox KoolAid. The people on Fox are uber rich, average $2 million to $40 million income per year, they are all highly educated and they are all famous. They give the false image that all is well and everyone can be rich and famous like they are. yeah right. I live in a welfare city that has about 80 perent of the people on SSI and on welfare, and most all of them are white people. I have NO rights. I have no right anymore to make a living, I have had no car for six years. I had a man try to get in my apartment less than two weeks ago to rape ME. I have so many crimes committed against me nonstop and I have zero rights. NO one gives one crap. The ONLY thing anyone cares about is American woman hate me now and abuse me because I am not fat and a whole lot of people hate it that I am not stupid and that I am not illiterate like most Americans are. So the truth is unless you are fat and hate yourself and unless you are really stupid, you do not even belong in the U.S. any longer, and the one percent on TV have zero to do with the rest of us and they don't live one thing like the rest of us. No one gives one crap who kills me or rapes me over my not being a stupid fat pig. I have no rights and I'm supposed to be so upset someone who had a big life died while most Americans want everyone dead because they live out of lack and scarcity and want everyone else gone thinking that way there will be enough for them somehow. It's a third world country where no one has any rights to anything any longer other than having people do all kinds of mean sh!t to them 24/7 and NO ONE cares. All anyone cares is can they get enough money to buy a bunch of crap they do not need and to hell with everyone else. And then when they are so unhappy having it too easy for no reason, they are mean as hell to everyone else and no one gives one crap about any of it.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#160 Feb 17, 2013
And the people in this country are sooooooo stupid that now they hire stupid police too. The police where I live have IQs almost retarded level, about 30 points lower than mine, so good luck if anything happens to you with morons in the position of law enforcement now too. It's all third world crap. I just wrote to the police chief here and asked him why in the world is he hiring retards with low IQs for super high paying jobs where they get huge pensions and get to retire at 50. I told him he must have his choice of thousands of people who want those jobs. It's all who you know today and because people are so dumbed down in the U.S. now even the cops are so dumb they are almost retarded and that's who is supposed to protect you. Good luck. It's fking third world.

And, what is the response to me from the police chief?? Nothing. Nada. As usual here. They hide and will probably try to commit some crime against me themselves for my questioning them. It's sooooooo unprofessional they simply hide if you contact the police chief. That's their idea of community outreach and cooperation and protecting and serving the public. They have nothing to say. This is a third world craphole from hell and I'm supposed to be so upset 4 people died. Really?? The next town down the road from here, Stockton, has homicides every single day. It's on the news everyday.
Dickweed

Ames, IA

#161 Feb 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow dude.
Toting the party line under any circumstance.
Obama didn't lie and 32 Americans got out of Bengazi.
Basically with 4 dead in a terrorist attack that targeted nearly 40 Americans is a failed terrorist attack.
That's right Bengazi was a FAILED attack. They only got 12% of their target, because the target of this attack was all Americans there, and they only got 4.
Sure they scored an Ambassador, But as a senior official in that situation, I'm certain the Ambassador worked to save people first then took his chances.
Sure he and others died, but they saved more. And they died knowing they foiled this attack.
The 4 dead are people who were abandoned by the USA, they were heros who saved Americans and lost their lives in that noble effort.
Dickweed

Ames, IA

#162 Feb 17, 2013
Whoops!!!! Freudian slip..........
Correction

" the 4 dead people were N O T abandoned by the USA."

Please feel free to take that typo and turn it into a case for my impeachment
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#163 Feb 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing There....like your honesty.....
More interesting moves that Obama is doing:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/obama-gunrun...

I know you are going to say NO HE WOULD NEVER DO THAT.
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#164 Feb 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>See Above....Also making it a contraversy by manufactured outrage, likely helped cost them the election....Thank God.....
Actually, Romney was criticized for not going deeper into the Benghazi incident. He only dwelled on semantics, an act of terror or an attack over a video. Another Romney screw up with the help from the moderator.
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#165 Feb 17, 2013
Dickweed wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow dude.
Basically with 4 dead in a terrorist attack that targeted nearly 40 Americans is a failed terrorist attack.
That's right Bengazi was a FAILED attack. They only got 12% of their target, because the target of this attack was all Americans there, and they only got 4.
Sure they scored an Ambassador, But as a senior official in that situation, I'm certain the Ambassador worked to save people first then took his chances.
Sure he and others died, but they saved more. And they died knowing they foiled this attack.
The 4 dead are people who were abandoned by the USA, they were heros who saved Americans and lost their lives in that noble effort.
It's a good thing the CIA was there running guns to Turkey, aye.

Deflect much?

“PRESIDENT TRUMP & VP PENCE”

Since: Mar 09

WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

#166 Feb 17, 2013
Pamela, SHUT-UP!!!
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#167 Feb 17, 2013
Dickweed wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow dude.
BS it was not a terrorist attack - IT WAS A VIDEO ask Obama and Rice - they said this for TWO WEEKS AFTER THE ATTACK. Obama said it on talk shows the following day - and it is now known that he called the day after the attack.

You can try to rose color this but it won't work. If Obama would have told the TRUTH which is something he has a problem with, none of this would still be going on. He likes to hide things from the people and he started it his first campaign - like locking down his school records and Michelles records where she stated that she WAS UNHAPPY WITH AMERICA. Then after he was elected her comment was she was proud of America for the FIRST TIME.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#168 Feb 17, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Romney was criticized for not going deeper into the Benghazi incident. He only dwelled on semantics, an act of terror or an attack over a video. Another Romney screw up with the help from the moderator.
I agree

Romney had to deal with OBAMA LYING and the moderator LYING and the news channels swept it under the carpet. They did not want to be called a RACIST which is Obama's theme song when he does not get his way.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#169 Feb 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>See Above....Also making it a contraversy by manufactured outrage, likely helped cost them the election....Thank God.....
Obama's speech - he did not call Benghazi a terrorist attack - the following is a copy and paste of his speech from the rose garden.

Romeny ran against Obama, who could not tell the truth, the moderators, who lied for Obama and then had to apologize to Romeny but of course was not made public, the TV channels, ABC, NBC, CBS,PBC, MSNBC and the news papers. They were afraid of being called a RACIST. CNN was called down for not supporting Obama at first. Then they went to hail Obama the Messiah.

If Obama would have done this when requested more security 4 AMERICANS WOULD NOT BE DEAD.
1) The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

2) Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#170 Feb 17, 2013
Out with it Obama. Tell us what really happened.

Oh thats right you don't know. You were asleep.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#171 Feb 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's speech - he did not call Benghazi a terrorist attack - the following is a copy and paste of his speech from the rose garden.
Romeny ran against Obama, who could not tell the truth, the moderators, who lied for Obama and then had to apologize to Romeny but of course was not made public, the TV channels, ABC, NBC, CBS,PBC, MSNBC and the news papers. They were afraid of being called a RACIST. CNN was called down for not supporting Obama at first. Then they went to hail Obama the Messiah.
If Obama would have done this when requested more security 4 AMERICANS WOULD NOT BE DEAD.
1) The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.
2) Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.
It's about winning. The Repubs were not able to get control of the senate nor win the White House, so Fox going on and on about Bengazi did not work. It didn't work, so Fox needs a new strategy, a new thing to talk about, obviously. If you are not being effectual and you keep losing, then you need to try a new strategy. If the public at large cared about this issue, then Romney would have won and the Repubs would have regained control of the senate. It's time for Fox to move on from this issue - right, wrong or in between - it's a loser for them.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#172 Feb 17, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
Pamela, SHUT-UP!!!
You SHUT-UP. Your IQ is 40 points lower than mine. You don't want to hear real things, you can't even understand anything real that is going on. I just said no one gives one crap about anyone, and you make my case for me, as always. You people talk your stupid Fox crap, repeat the TV for god's sake. None of you read books and none of you know one real thing, you're mean as hell and want everyone dead and then you go on and on and on about 4 people died. yeah right. you post total crap. All you do is show that your IQ is about 90. Mine is 140, so of course another fat, dumb American who wants smart folks to shut up because he is soooooo dumb he can't even understand information given to him, of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 2 min Philosophic 141
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 2 min American Independent 56
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 230,980
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Independent patriot 403,548
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Aquarius-WY 1,457,955
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Injudgement 252,972
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 8 min Frankie Rizzo 1,969
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 2 hr freedom2016 2,893
More from around the web