Same State

Different State

Different Country

As Far as Humanly Possible

“Do I care? NO!”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell, MA

#680 Feb 20, 2008
Born and raised in Augusta, Maine. Then I moved to Spartanburg, SC when I was 22. Now I live in Mass. But like everyone said..there is no place like home. I loved Maine. One day, I'll move back there again.
Sharlene

United States

#681 Feb 20, 2008
I am from a little town 45 miles south of Beckley, West Virginia in the Southern coalfields. I have lived here all my life and will most likely die here. Almost Heaven, West Virginia......
truth prevails

United States

#682 Feb 21, 2008
I was born in KY the 11th child of 12 to two very intelligent parents, full of wisdom. I have lived in many other states (Marines)and now abide in Okla. Oklahoma is a great place to raise a family, but my husband and I hoped to move to KY. We miss the hospitality, good manners from people on the passing, strong moral beliefs, everyone still says yes ma'am and yes sir, they open doors for women and even a man will pump gas for you at a self service. Many still leave cars unlocked, windows down, the BEAUTY,and laws of no signs cluttering the streets and highways, the Southern ways are a wonder way to live-ONLY THEY DON'T HAVE ANY QUIK TRIPS!
anon

Loris, SC

#683 Feb 21, 2008
I left my hometown when I was 17 also. I had lived up North for 33 yrs. when I had to return to take care of a family member. After he passed away, I went back up North and it wasn't 3 wks. before I realized that I wanted to come back. I wasn't sure why and still I don't know why. I always hated it here and can't understand for the life of me WhY i came back. I am still waiting to see what the reason was that I came back. So I also feel like I don't belong there or here anymore. Just hoping that someday I will find out what it is that has brought me back. When I know that reason I can procede with my life. I really don't like it here at all but something is calling me back. It is a small town and area that hasn't changed for 40 yrs. Yet I want to go back North. What do I do?
What has brought me back to the place I hate most of all?
Deborah

Auburn Hills, MI

#684 Feb 21, 2008
I was born in Monroe, LA in 1965 lived there for eleven years then moved to Fresno, Ca where i have always been since my mother became ill. I never even been back to visit. So this is my home. Especially since i had my children/grandchildren here. Maybe one year my husband will go with me to see where i'm from and meet my family thats there. So home is where the heart is, thats with the ones you LOVE.
Deborah

Auburn Hills, MI

#685 Feb 21, 2008
I'm now living in Fresno, Ca not Mitchell, IN Thats a mistake. From Monroe,LA to Fresno, Ca.
Bill K

Phoenix, AZ

#686 Feb 22, 2008
Hi all you movers. Born Ithaca, NY and raised in Cortland. Reside in sunny Tucson, Arizona for the last 30 years. Move was pushed by a medical condition. My final school was Virgil Central School in Virgil, NY. That is home to Hollenbeck's Cider Mill. Still run as it should be with real cider. Graduated in 60, entered the US Navy,Cuban Blockade. Visited lower 48 along with wife of 43 yrs. Still cheer for "Big Red" and the Orange of Syracuse.

“EMPC ”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#687 Feb 22, 2008
Me too. Born 35 miles away and moved to first job and stayed in the area. Dubois, In.
Are you kidding me

Higganum, CT

#688 Feb 22, 2008
Born in Norwalk, CT-raised in Westport, CT-Moved to Danbury, CT
16 years now-really boring compared to the rest of you-miss Westport
Joey

United States

#689 Feb 22, 2008
I'm from Joliet, IL. Home of the Blues Brothers and the Illinois State Correctional Facility known as Statesville. It's known for other things but that is always the response I get when I tell people I'm from there. But I live in Magnolia, TX. I grew up in the greater Houston area. Moved here when I was seven and gasoline was still about 27 cents a gallon. I love Texas and wouldn't live anywhere else. I go to Joliet to see my dad but it gets too cold and snowy for me. One good thing, there are at least 10 bars within walking distance of his house.

“What goes around comes around”

Location hidden

#690 Feb 22, 2008
Joey wrote:
... One good thing, there are at least 10 bars within walking distance of his house.
ROFL!!!
susan sager

Courtland, CA

#691 Feb 23, 2008
I am Susan. 54 and originally from Toledo Ohio. I had the childhood children are supposed to have and am so grateful for it. 35 years in Caliofrnia - most of it in Sacramento, a lovely city. I am very much a midwestern woman and wish for a life in the country - a barn, a farmhouse.
james

Detroit, MI

#692 Feb 25, 2008
born wayne co hospital detroit mi reside charleston sc
TAXED OUT OF NJ

Jackson, NJ

#693 Feb 25, 2008
the cost of living, taxes, car insurance, government hands in your pocket always, drove me out of my beloved home town. we now reside in Virginia where people can afford to live and not get taxed out of their money. I paid close to $4000 a year in taxes on my home in NJ. I now own 6 acres and pay $750 a year. If Jersey doesn[t get a grip there will be a mass exodus! Tricia W.
Olivia Cooper

Georgetown, SC

#694 Feb 25, 2008
I was born and raised in Myrtle Beach. I live in Sampit now which is like 45 minutes away. So theres no place like home 4 real.
Coast

United States

#695 Feb 25, 2008
Originally from MS Gulf Coast. Now about five hours away. MS will always be #1 but N. Al. isn't too bad either.

Naperville, IL

#696 Feb 26, 2008
I was born and raised in Seattle, and after 28 years moved to Chicago 5 years ago. I'm tired of people asking me WHY I would leave Seattle for the midwest! Because it's different, ok? It's different. Seattle is beautiful when it's not gray skies and drizzle all the time, yes. But those days are NOT so frequent. Here in Chicago, blue skies are practically the norm and it's great.
Mutt

AOL

#697 Feb 26, 2008
Have lived all over the world..started out in KS,
then to Hawaii, then Germany, Kentucky, Virginia,
Colorado, Japan, Kansas, Arizona, now Washington.
Never would I live in the mid-west again. Love my
mountains and oceans and Puget Sound, which is only about 20 minute drive.

“Oh Well”

Washington DC

#698 Feb 27, 2008
Born in Washington DC now living in Maryland (PG County) 15 minutes away...I will never leave the DC area.

Location hidden

#699 Feb 27, 2008
Grew up in the Mojave, now in the Great NorthWet.
My heart is here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min bad bob 7,657
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Sunnier 1,549,307
News Ron Paul: The only Patriot Act reform is total ... (May '15) 5 min ron paul revolution 12
News James Comey fired as FBI director 6 min spocko 3,936
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Julia 274,866
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Dr Guru 241,666
News ICE deports Colorado mother brought to U.S. by ... 12 min tomin cali 1
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 12 min TRUMP 45 665
News Melania Trump keeps DC entry low key; Barron dr... 38 min Darly314 171
More from around the web