Different Country

As Far as Humanly Possible

First Prev
of 78
Next Last
Doreen Dean

Houston, TX

#1 Oct 5, 2007
I am from Hayward CA, now living in Houston TX. After living here for almost 20 yrs., I still con-
sider myself a Californian.The saying "you don't know what you have until you lose it" is true. My husband who is from Corpus Christi loves Cali as much as I do. We visit every summer. The natural beauty, the weather and the people are great. We usually like to visit the N.Ca area, SF, Fort Bragg and other beach towns.If property was not so outrageous we would be living in Cali. There are many great people here in TX, but there is no place like home.

“Good News, and Great Forums”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#2 Oct 5, 2007
I'm originally from Warren Mich. I grew up there and had a wonderful childhood and pre-adult life. I moved to Port Huron as a married adult and Mom, raised my kids, and then moved here, to oscoda. I totally agree with Doreen Dean, above; "There Is NO Place Like Home".
Barbara

Derby, KS

#3 Oct 5, 2007
I was born and raised in Wellsboro, PA. After I got married we lived in upstate NY for about 12 years and then we moved to Kansas. We have been here for almost 28 years. We try to get back to our home town every year if possible.
jaime

Denver, CO

#4 Oct 5, 2007
im from south korea now living in denver colorado
MiStY

Denver, CO

#5 Oct 5, 2007
Im from Denver, CO now living in Denver, CO

“Want a pineapple?”

Since: Sep 07

Somewhere in Queensland...

#6 Oct 5, 2007
I was born in Australia... in a Mackay hospital 17 years ago... and i'm still in the same small city... my mother moved here over 20 years ago... so yeah... same town kinda girl... although i'm moving... lol... as far away as possible... to Brisbane...

“Formerly known as Phil Lynott”

Since: Jul 07

Madrid

#7 Oct 5, 2007
I've been living all my life a 10 minutes walk far from where I was born.

I love too much the crazyness in this city.
rockford resident

Rockford, IL

#8 Oct 5, 2007
still inthe midwest after 39 years.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#10 Oct 5, 2007
No place like Home!!
mrsphil

Bakersfield, CA

#11 Oct 5, 2007
I was born and rasied in Bakersfield California, I married a man from Boscobel Wisconsin, he moved to Bakersfield in 1984 just before we got married, we lived in Bakersfield until 1996 when we moved back to Boscobel to be near his father who was not doing well health wise, we live in Boscobel and Gays Mills, I loved living there and if I could would gladly move back again. We moved back to Bakersfield in 1998 and are still here, I live about 5 miles from the house I grew up in. So I have two homes, Bakersfield California and Boscobel Wisconsin! Home is where the heart is :)

Arroyo Grande, CA

#12 Oct 5, 2007
I had great times in Corinth. I wouldn't change much about that time.(There are a few things I would change. Just like the old saying: If I knew then what I know now) But I love Arroyo Grande, California!

“Man Bites Dog”

Since: Dec 05

Sunnyvale

#13 Oct 5, 2007
I counted, and realized I've lived in over 17 different homes, 4 states, and even another country. That's a lot of moving around. Now that I'm in California, though, I'm planning to stay here for good. Something about those 65-degree January days...

Since: Oct 07

Fenton, MO

#14 Oct 5, 2007
Doreen Dean wrote:
I am from Hayward CA, now living in Houston TX. After living here for almost 20 yrs., I still con-
sider myself a Californian.The saying "you don't know what you have until you lose it" is true. My husband who is from Corpus Christi loves Cali as much as I do. We visit every summer. The natural beauty, the weather and the people are great. We usually like to visit the N.Ca area, SF, Fort Bragg and other beach towns.If property was not so outrageous we would be living in Cali. There are many great people here in TX, but there is no place like home.
I have always lived near the coast...New Jersey then Florida...but now I find myself in the Midwest....I miss the beach terribly. I visited California for the first time a few years ago and I fell in love with it...the mountains and the ocean...WHO could ask for anything more? I know I couldn't. Miriam
dewey

AOL

#15 Oct 5, 2007
lived in Minnesota all my life. Cold weather sucks.. I've been here for 4 years and haven't seen frost yet... Winters are GREAT in SO Florida.
Summers are great in Minnesota (except for the mosquitos) Hurricanes come and go,,, just like Tornadoes, and floods, but I'm staying on this side. FIRES, Earthquakes and landslides are not in my plans.

“This too shall pass”

Since: Dec 06

Small Town, USA

#16 Oct 5, 2007
I left Pennsylvania 25 years ago. I got back there for 9 months a while back. It was wonderful. My job is in Florida, my husband and kids are here, but my heart is still in the Pocono mountains. I'd rather live there, or out west, than here in the heat and humidity.

Most people who choose Florida hate snow. I love it. Many people here are nuts about the SEC sports. I am indifferent.I am a reader and I think it is laziness not to pronounce the end of your words!
It is a real fish out of water thing for me to be here!
ColoradoCountryG irl

United States

#17 Oct 5, 2007
Born and raised in Western Colorado. Mis-placed for 30 years in Los Angeles. So nice to be back home. I love my mountains!

“Texas Rocks!!”

Since: Mar 07

Texas

#18 Oct 5, 2007
I live ten miles from the hospital where I was born . I live two miles from the family homestead . I have lived on the same property for ten yrs. Not sure what that means ..LOL
Beamish

Oceanside, CA

#19 Oct 5, 2007
6 blocks away & 4 blocks from the beach. Thanks Mom & Dad, I couldn't have asked for anything better by far.
KATIE FREEMAN

AOL

#20 Oct 5, 2007
HAY IF I EVER MEA YOU HANNAH I THINK I WOULD PASS OUT

Atlanta GA

#21 Oct 5, 2007
I was born & raised in Kosciusko, Mississippi, a tiny little place. Couldn't wait to get as far away as possible, & left when I was 17. I've lived in 6 states, & countless large cities & small towns in those states. I've travelled all over the U.S., & Canada. I've been "trapped" just outside Atlanta, the rudest city I've ever lived in or visited, for over 8 years now. I have an almost unbearable desire to move back to that beautiful little town I was couldn't wait to leave. For the first time in 30 years, I'm homesick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 78
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Denny CranesPlace 1,458,402
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 3 min freedom2016 2,044
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 253,125
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 8 min freedom2016 115
News Obama: Trump should address illegal immigration... 8 min Sir Ghost-Rider 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 9 min petrol 4,684
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 17 min TRUMP WINNERS 187
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 40 min TRUMP WINNERS 403,721
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 49 min Le Jimbo 2,949
More from around the web