Geithner says next move up to Republi...

Geithner says next move up to Republicans, who must accept higher tax rates on top earners

There are 16 comments on the KNUS-AM Aurora story from Dec 2, 2012, titled Geithner says next move up to Republicans, who must accept higher tax rates on top earners. In it, KNUS-AM Aurora reports that:

President Obama is ready for difficult concessions to reach a deficit deal, but GOP lawmakers must first commit to higher tax rates on the rich and specify what additional spending cuts they want in a deal to avoid the looming "fiscal cliff," Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNUS-AM Aurora.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1 Dec 2, 2012
This sounds very familiar, I did not hear WH plans to cut spending.
Your Ex

Ashburn, VA

#2 Dec 2, 2012
Best to put the GOP on the
Endangered Species list
Before the funding for the
EPA
Eliminated

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#3 Dec 2, 2012
Along with the Department of Education.
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4 Dec 2, 2012
Will this stupid pillow fight over taxes never end? What about Benghazi?
Robert

Lithia Springs, GA

#5 Dec 2, 2012
Where is this Obama plan, they say you can read it on the internet I can't find it. I found all kinds of articles but nothing linking me to the written plan they say I can read on the internet?
halito

Winnemucca, NV

#6 Dec 2, 2012
Does Geithner teach fiscal cliff training? With Loomis and brinkmanshp?
duck booteefook

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#7 Dec 2, 2012
halito wrote:
Does Geithner teach fiscal cliff training? With Loomis and brinkmanshp?
fish/c/call-bait+ner+guide-ner !! watta combinationalistteethy!!;-00
duck booteefook

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#8 Dec 2, 2012
RayOne wrote:
This sounds very familiar, I did not hear WH plans to cut spending.
U hav to requesting for W-7!;)cun you make yo own form?!!;-000
duck booteefook

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#9 Dec 2, 2012
Ninthman wrote:
Will this stupid pillow fight over taxes never end? What about Benghazi?
Benz$100 vs Washz$1!! U just lov $100;-000
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#10 Dec 3, 2012
It is obvious that the country needs more funds.

Since the government belongs to EVERYBODY, then EVERYBODY should be asked to give more to the government; not just those who managed to become successful.
Robert

Lithia Springs, GA

#11 Dec 3, 2012
Eleanor wrote:
It is obvious that the country needs more funds.
Since the government belongs to EVERYBODY, then EVERYBODY should be asked to give more to the government; not just those who managed to become successful.
Before you address who is paying for this extra that you need you have to figure out how much extra is needed.

To do that you must first decide on cutting spending cuts then you can see who it going to pay for it.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#12 Dec 3, 2012
In my opinion, the federal government should institute a consumption tax on all non-essential purchases. Not much. Perhaps about five or six cents on every dollar. But all people should be paying federal income taxes even if it's a minute amount.
no one no where

Claremont, CA

#13 Dec 3, 2012
why don't the president,geithner, and his rich friends put their money where their mouth is and pay more taxes? sick of every single corrupt politicians.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#14 Dec 3, 2012
Robert wrote:
Where is this Obama plan, they say you can read it on the internet I can't find it. I found all kinds of articles but nothing linking me to the written plan they say I can read on the internet?
http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Tax-VOX/201...

the article is from before the election, so things may have changed.
Robert

Lithia Springs, GA

#15 Dec 3, 2012
It is not about taxes it is about spending, it is so silly to hear them argue about whether the we should pay an extra another 200 billion a year in taxes while we spend an extra trillion.

Just look it up, this year we get 2.469 Trillion in revenue and spend 3.796 Trillion. We overspent by $1,327,000,000,000 and are talking about adding ..$200,000,000,000 to fix it.

We don't have a revenue problem we have a spending problem.
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16 Dec 3, 2012
And Geithner joins Obama in his phony pillow fight with the republican pillow fighters. It's all to waste our time and keep us away from the real issues like Benghazi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump bounces into the lead 1 min Responsibility 61
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min District 1 219,447
News Critics: Trump speech signals shift to coded ra... 5 min Joyce 23
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Cornelius Scudmister 232,973
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 17 min Cheech the Conser... 391,188
News Pro-Sanders demonstrators march in the swelteri... 24 min gwww 4
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 38 min Chimney1 201,232
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 2 hr YouDidntBuildThat 130
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Obama is a joke 1,403,949
More from around the web