Barack Obama to GOP: Dump Rush Limbaugh

Barack Obama to GOP: Dump Rush Limbaugh

There are 61651 comments on the blogs.courant.com story from Jan 25, 2009, titled Barack Obama to GOP: Dump Rush Limbaugh . In it, blogs.courant.com reports that:

This could get interesting. Obama v Limbaugh. #44 is telling the Rush Republicans to stop drinking Limbaugh's poisinous Kool-aid if they really want to contribute to change.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blogs.courant.com.

Spinach

Ruston, LA

#67831 Oct 17, 2012
A123 files for Chapter 11

Bankruptcy gives Romney ammunition
Spinach

Ruston, LA

#67832 Oct 17, 2012
ITS THE INTERNET STUPID wrote:
<quoted text>
32 Seconds After The Debate Ended, Fox Started Blaming The Questions
http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/10/16/...
Exactly 32 seconds after the debate ended, Fox anchor Megyn Kelly began spinning the debate as biased as a consequence of the questions asked by the undecided voters in the audience.
WELL AT LEAST THEY ARE PREDICTABLE.
You are almost as predictable as Sobe.

MSNBC is a little more predictable than FoxNews.

I just love to watch Dana Perino on tv. She is beautiful to me.

You can have Rachel Maddow.
Spinach

Ruston, LA

#67833 Oct 17, 2012
The lady's question about how Romney was different from George Bush could have been hand picked by David Axelrod.

Romney seems to be forging ahead in the campaign while Obama is grabbing at straws trying to make Romney seem like an out of touch rich guy who doesnt care about or understand the poor and middle classes.

Romney wants to create jobs. I think he will get this economy booming. Good riddance to Obama and his dreams of the Washington nanny state.
01_Luke

Syracuse, NY

#67834 Oct 17, 2012
Spinach wrote:
The lady's question about how Romney was different from George Bush could have been hand picked by David Axelrod.
Romney seems to be forging ahead in the campaign while Obama is grabbing at straws trying to make Romney seem like an out of touch rich guy who doesnt care about or understand the poor and middle classes.
Romney wants to create jobs. I think he will get this economy booming. Good riddance to Obama and his dreams of the Washington nanny state.
Here is the reason the GOP is done! Mitty threw dumbya under the bus Last night when it was clear its desperate times makes for desperate measures for him! Where was this 'moral' dude four years ago? Backing that dumbass Bushwhacker up that's where!

Obama on the other hand refused to toss Hillary under those same tires as the GOP wanted! Your ideas are all worn outdated and insignificant!

Get rid of the teabaggers and right wing nut cases, oh wait that's 47 % of you wash ha ha ha losers!
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#67835 Oct 17, 2012
Spinach wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO....I won't even state the obvious STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#67836 Oct 17, 2012
90 DAYS, 90 REASONS

http://90days90reasons.com/71.php

I will vote for Barack Obama for three reasons:

1. He has a vastly superior plan to get millions more Americans health insurance.

2. Obama has a stronger and wider-reaching plan to improve our education system:

ROB DELANEY
Rob Delaney is a comedian. He lives in Los Angeles with a pregnant woman and a kid.

Share on Tumblr
REASON 71: OBAMA UNDERSTANDS THAT EDUCATION AND HEALTHCARE ARE THE FOUNDATIONS OF A STRONG ECONOMY.

1. He has a vastly superior plan to get millions more Americans health insurance. Romney admits that his plan will deny coverage to millions, despite successfully implementing “Romneycare” as governor of Massachusetts. Romney now suggests that insurance should be left up to individual states, as though cancer in Colorado is less financially devastating than it is in North Carolina. This alone highlights a devastating leadership vacuum from Romney. So no thanks. I have kids. And a body, which might get sick one day. I also have a wife, who happens to be a woman. Watching her bring two children into this world has alerted me to a host of medical problems that healthy women regularly face—problems that necessitate a better healthcare solution in this country. And the Affordable Care Act is the beginning of that solution.

2. Obama has a stronger and wider-reaching plan to improve our education system: the thing that makes America go. What will improve our competitiveness with China over the next five, ten, or twenty years? A temporary tax cut on the capital gains of a Bain Capital board member’s grandson’s trust fund or an investment in Pittsburgh public schools today?

3. Whoever is elected will appoint Supreme Court justices. Three of the current justices are in their late seventies and will soon retire. Obama nominated two Supreme Court justices in his first term. Both made decisions that oppose Romney's stated intent for the nation, including the preservation of the Affordable Care Act. In 2009, Sonia Sotomayor, then Obama’s only appointee, also dissented when the Court decided in favor of Citizens United vs. the Federal Election Commission. This has allowed record-smashing sums of corporate cash to poison the campaign landscape. I respectfully disagree with Governor Romney that “corporations are people.” Corporations are made up of people, and I believe that if we take care of people’s concerns first, the corporations will still continue to thrive.
Starlight

United States

#67837 Oct 17, 2012
Its the Internet Stupid wrote:
90 DAYS, 90 REASONS
http://90days90reasons.com/71.php
1. He has a vastly superior plan to get millions more Americans health insurance.
2. Obama has a stronger and wider-reaching plan to improve our education system:
ROB DELANEY
Rob Delaney is a comedian. He lives in Los Angeles with a pregnant woman and a kid.
Share on Tumblr
REASON 71: OBAMA UNDERSTANDS THAT EDUCATION AND HEALTHCARE ARE THE FOUNDATIONS OF A STRONG ECONOMY.
1. He has a vastly superior plan to get millions more Americans health insurance. Romney admits that his plan will deny coverage to millions, despite successfully implementing “Romneycare” as governor of Massachusetts. Romney now suggests that insurance should be left up to individual states, as though cancer in Colorado is less financially devastating than it is in North Carolina. This alone highlights a devastating leadership vacuum from Romney. So no thanks. I have kids. And a body, which might get sick one day. I also have a wife, who happens to be a woman. Watching her bring two children into this world has alerted me to a host of medical problems that healthy women regularly face—problems that necessitate a better healthcare solution in this country. And the Affordable Care Act is the beginning of that solution.
2. Obama has a stronger and wider-reaching plan to improve our education system: the thing that makes America go. What will improve our competitiveness with China over the next five, ten, or twenty years? A temporary tax cut on the capital gains of a Bain Capital board member’s grandson’s trust fund or an investment in Pittsburgh public schools today?
3. Whoever is elected will appoint Supreme Court justices. Three of the current justices are in their late seventies and will soon retire. Obama nominated two Supreme Court justices in his first term. Both made decisions that oppose Romney's stated intent for the nation, including the preservation of the Affordable Care Act. In 2009, Sonia Sotomayor, then Obama’s only appointee, also dissented when the Court decided in favor of Citizens United vs. the Federal Election Commission. This has allowed record-smashing sums of corporate cash to poison the campaign landscape. I respectfully disagree with Governor Romney that “corporations are people.” Corporations are made up of people, and I believe that if we take care of people’s concerns first, the corporations will still continue to thrive.
Romney might win because Americans are smart enough to know that they need jobs.
Starlight

United States

#67838 Oct 17, 2012
Spinach wrote:
<quoted text>
You like Dana Perino too? I really love watching her on tv too.

I wish I had more time to find her on the tv.

I might check into whether or not she has a fan club or not. If she does, then I might join.

Rachel Maddow? OMG what a disaster zone!!!!

Do you think DingleBrain watches Maddow? I think he stays on the computer more than he watches tv. His wife probably watches shows like American Idol and she won't let him watch what he wants to watch.

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

Obama is now taking responsibility for the mess over the Benghazi murders. Hillary forced his hand by quoting Harry Truman.
Starlight

United States

#67839 Oct 17, 2012
Its the Internet Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO....I won't even state the obvious STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.
Spinach is right ---- You are predictable.

"Life is a carnival --- 2 bits a shot" ---- The Band

Since: Apr 12

Englewood, CO

#67840 Oct 18, 2012
Starlight wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney might win because Americans are smart enough to know that they need jobs.
So all the smart Americans are all going to move to China or India?

Since: Apr 12

Englewood, CO

#67841 Oct 18, 2012
Starlight wrote:
<quoted text>
You like Dana Perino too? I really love watching her on tv too.
I wish I had more time to find her on the tv.
I might check into whether or not she has a fan club or not. If she does, then I might join.
Rachel Maddow? OMG what a disaster zone!!!!
Do you think DingleBrain watches Maddow? I think he stays on the computer more than he watches tv. His wife probably watches shows like American Idol and she won't let him watch what he wants to watch.
Jobs, Jobs, Jobs
Obama is now taking responsibility for the mess over the Benghazi murders. Hillary forced his hand by quoting Harry Truman.
Ooooo.. Pretty girl. Ug! Pretty girl say Romney right Obama wrong. Me do what pretty girl tell me.

Murders? I thought it was terrorism? Its very confusing trying to keep up with you Teabagged Retardicans.. No wonder you have finally fallen in love with the Mittster... Flip flop. Flip flop.. Were you for abortion until you were against it? Did you want Universal Healthcare until you were against it?
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#67842 Oct 18, 2012
Starlight wrote:
<quoted text>
"As president, I will create 12 million new jobs," - Mitt Romney, October 16.

"The government doesn't create jobs," - Mitt Romney, October 16.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/...

DOH!!!!!
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#67843 Oct 18, 2012
"Among states that voted Republican in the last three elections, all but one gets more money back from the federal government than it pays in taxes. For most Democratic states, it’s the opposite. Looked at this way, the red states are the moochers and the blue states are the makers."

http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/magazine/... #

OH MY GOSH IT'S NOT KOS!!!!
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#67844 Oct 18, 2012
"Overall, higher taxes on the rich historically have correlated to higher economic growth for the country. It's counterintuitive, but it is the historical fact."

http://conceptualmath.org/philo/taxgrowth.htm

It seems self-evident that tax-cuts should stimulate the economy. It seems so self-evident, that we discuss the theory as if it were a known fact. We don't even question the claim. But history offers us some evidence that tax cuts don't stimulate the economy.

In 1921 & 1925, major taxes cut were passed. In the following years a stock market bubble formed while working class wages stagnated, then in 1929 the bubble burst and the economy crashed into the Great Depression.
In 1981 a tax cut was passed. The economy sank deeper into recession and stayed in recession for nearly two years.
In 1987 major tax cuts were passed. By 1990 growth declined leading into the 1991 recession.
In 2001 a tax cut was passed, and another rebate was given in 2008. From 2001 through 2008 the economy grew slower than it did in the preceding 8 while a bubble formed in stocks, housing, and executive salaries. In 2008 the bubble burst, and now the economy in sinking into the worst recession since the Great Depression.
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#67845 Oct 18, 2012
Ann Romney Thinks a Mormon Mission is the Same as Serving in the Military

http://www.politicususa.com/ann-romney-equate...

Whoopi Goldberg: So when you’re facing these mothers whose children have not come back, how will you explain to them that your sons haven’t gone?

Ann Romney: I think it’s the hardest thing that a president will probably do.

Ann Romney continued by claiming that Mitt “went to every funeral” when he was governor, which seems to be stretching the odds, especially since he was out of the state for 400 plus days in the last two years of his only term, but accuracy is not a Romney trait. This is the man who forgot to mention the troops in his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention, and who later said you don’t go through a laundry list when giving a speech, you talk about the things that are important.
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#67846 Oct 18, 2012
Mitt Romney Profited By At Least $15.3 Million From Auto Bailout: Report

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/18/mitt...

At Tuesday's presidential debate on Long Island, Romney attempted to recast the story, with himself as the champion of the industry (see the video above), but his comments at the time, recorded for posterity, have made such a reinvention challenging.

But while Romney's political fortunes may have been shorted by the Obama's auto rescue, the bailout was a boon for his personal fortune.

A new report running Thursday in The Nation finds that Romney and his wife, Ann, made at least $15.3 million -- and perhaps tens of millions more -- as a result of bailout funds paid to General Motors. The story, an early copy of which was provided to The Huffington Post, is written by investigative reporter Greg Palast and was backed by the The Investigative Fund at The Nation Institute.
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#67847 Oct 18, 2012
Mitt Romney loses his cool under fire; Barack Obama plays the President. If a candidate cannot take a bit of ribbing from an irritating debate opponent, how will he cope in negotiations with Iran's Ayatollahs or even worse, China's zero-sum trade negotiators?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-...
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#67848 Oct 18, 2012
Police Make Arrest in Trashed Voter Forms Investigation

http://www.nbc29.com/story/19858475/rockingha...

The Rockingham County Sheriff's Office has made an arrest in the investigation of voter registration fraud that began on the afternoon of October 15th when law enforcement received a citizen complaint of voter registration application forms being found in a dumpster behind a business in the City of Harrisonburg.

I LOVE THE MUG SHOT....SEEMS A LITTLE BITTER?
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#67849 Oct 18, 2012
Breaking: GOP consultant charged with 8 felonies in election fraud case

http://www.the-richmonder.com/2012/10/breakin...

SAME BEAUTIFUL MUG SHOT....I PERSONALLY LOVE THE HAIRDO...LOL
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#67850 Oct 18, 2012
Newsflash for Mitt: The recovery’s not so sluggish
It's understandable that Romney's painting a grim picture of the economy, but the numbers don't quite bear him out

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/17/newsflash_for...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ole Miss removes state flag that features Confe... (Oct '15) 3 min private guy 49
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Chimney1 195,406
News Wisconsin: Superior mayor says Obama a Muslim w... 6 min private guy 524
News Showdown in Houston over LGBT nondiscrimination... (Oct '15) 8 min private guy 412
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min X -Man- 381,353
News Ann Coulter: With amnesty, elites conspire agai... (May '15) 18 min private guy 135
News Paris climate deal on track for early start 19 min Into The Night 308
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 1 hr Joe 519
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 1 hr Time again 2,215
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 2 hr Trumping On 346
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Jay 222,804
More from around the web