Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Apr 9, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Religion Dispatched

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Comments
3,621 - 3,640 of 3,766 Comments Last updated Nov 22, 2013
LCNLin

United States

#3796 Sep 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you should talk about your prejudices and bigotry towards gays to a gay person. i have told you many times over that i am not gay.
an attack using the straw-man fallacy.
Pathetic
just saying
LCNLin

United States

#3797 Sep 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwww... you are **jealous** of me.
How sweet-- you actually believe I give a crap about your opinion of me, too.
LOL!
<laughing>
Thinking

UK

#3798 Sep 8, 2013
You build your sad life on future proofs?
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Has problems with his proofs, always some time in the past!
drinK the Hive

New York, NY

#3799 Sep 8, 2013
I 100% Feel This - I Have No Good Solution - The End Is Indubitably Nigh.

Stay Away From Human'...

http://www.phantomplate.com/images/products_p...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3800 Sep 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
No--- he builds his sad life based on quoting people superior to himself*.

Anytime he is **not** quoting, you can tell-- his posts are senseless and completely off-topic.

* which I would say includes just about everyone on the planet--except that there are people even more mindless than he. Which is somewhat disturbing to contemplate. But the evidence is the fact that religion is still a going concern...
LCNLin

United States

#3801 Sep 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay your taxes
LOL
Thinking

UK

#3802 Sep 8, 2013
I do.

I haven't built my country on tax evasion.
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay your taxes
LOL
LCNLin

United States

#3803 Sep 8, 2013
Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.

Albert Einstein

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3804 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes no sense and then he avoids the topic of atheism.
He is making atheism a joke
just sayimg
just saying you have no argument at all. nothing of worth to say about anything...
LCNLin

United States

#3805 Sep 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure you know people like that, sure you do, pal...what a tool to think people are as stupid as you to buy such bullshit.
why can you only argue your points through your hatred of bob? my posts have nothing to do with anyone else on the planet.
Bob is a Christian posting to embarrass atheists?

St. Croix valley

#3806 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob is a Christian posting to embarrass atheists?
you really think so? in what way does he embarrass atheists?

and what does this have to do with hunts coyotes obvious bullshit statement?

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3807 Sep 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure you know people like that, sure you do, pal...what a tool to think people are as stupid as you to buy such bullshit.
why can you only argue your points through your hatred of bob? my posts have nothing to do with anyone else on the planet.
With this post, you are insinuating that atheists have no free will and are somehow required to think as you and Bob do...how pathetic.

St. Croix valley

#3808 Sep 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>With this post, you are insinuating that atheists have no free will and are somehow required to think as you and Bob do...how pathetic.
no, my post doesn't insinuate that at all. not in any way.

you seem to have a limited grasp on reality.

please show the 'logic' you used to make this bizarre statement...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3809 Sep 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, my post doesn't insinuate that at all. not in any way.
He cannot muster up an actual.... argument in support of his faith.

He must therefore stoop to lame personal attack.

Kinda pathetic, really.

outdoors

#3810 Sep 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, my post doesn't insinuate that at all. not in any way.
I see- you atheists can infer and imply and leap a grand canyon with insinuations based on misinterpretations of Christians' posts, but when you o-b-v-i-o-u-s-l-y make a foolish statement that has the same metaphoric impact as a pile of dog pooh on white carpet, you want someone to explain it to you?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3811 Sep 15, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I see- you atheists can infer and imply and leap a grand canyon with insinuations based on misinterpretations of Christians' posts, but when you o-b-v-i-o-u-s-l-y make a foolish statement that has the same metaphoric impact as a pile of dog pooh on white carpet, you want someone to explain it to you?
Your cult has NOTHING

NOTHING -do you know the meaning of the word?

It means you are full of sh*t. And have been for thousands of years.

And every time someone forces you to consider this fact, you either insult, troll or threaten us with your cult's imagined hell.

Stop lying to us, take your dishonest cult and f*ck right off.

We are not as stupid as you people.

St. Croix valley

#3812 Sep 15, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I see- you atheists can infer and imply and leap a grand canyon with insinuations based on misinterpretations of Christians' posts, but when you o-b-v-i-o-u-s-l-y make a foolish statement that has the same metaphoric impact as a pile of dog pooh on white carpet, you want someone to explain it to you?
Again, you would need to show where i implied, inferred, or made any leap from anything anyone said.

i generally deal just in facts.

seems you are unable to even back up these silly statements of yours, as usual. another liar...imagine that.

outdoors

#3813 Sep 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you would need to show where i implied, inferred, or made any leap from anything anyone said.
i generally deal just in facts.
seems you are unable to even back up these silly statements of yours, as usual. another liar...imagine that.
Yes yes yes- we already know that the sheldon coopers of the world have no room in their iddy biddy minds for anything but facts. Faith is a nonmeasureable thing that cannot be quantified, weighed or presented as evidence in a court of law (or a high school science fair) so it is unacceptable- we already got that, sport. Here's the easy way to do it- go back and look at your quote and pretend I wrote it- that should make it easy.

St. Croix valley

#3814 Sep 15, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Yes yes yes- we already know that the sheldon coopers of the world have no room in their iddy biddy minds for anything but facts. Faith is a nonmeasureable thing that cannot be quantified, weighed or presented as evidence in a court of law (or a high school science fair) so it is unacceptable- we already got that, sport. Here's the easy way to do it- go back and look at your quote and pretend I wrote it- that should make it easy.
but faith in something that has already been proven to be false is just idiotic. symbolic of the true cult mentality.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3815 Sep 15, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
Again-- note the fascination that Genuine Christians™ have with bumholes....

... interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mitt Romney takes ALS Ice Bucket challenge, soa... 8 min American_Infidel 27
Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as r... (Jul '13) 10 min Truth is might 9,778
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 53 min Limbertwig 151,106
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 255,911
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,099,850
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 1 hr hal 1,561
Doc: Inmate in botched execution died from IV 1 hr Deo Vindice 3
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr wondering 115,118
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••