Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Apr 9, 2013 Full story: Religion Dispatched 3,766

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Full Story

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#3035 Jul 26, 2013
They still have no reason, eh? I was kicked out of a Christian forum after they not so lovingly defended a rather nasty one who has been bashing everyone else on there. Their rather twisted sense of reasoning makes no sense to me, ah....but I am used to such things.^^

I do enjoy trolling them sometimes.....heh heh heh....who doesn't enjoy trolling a clueless godbot?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3036 Jul 27, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
Barbaric
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) The couple stood before a Dubai judge. The charge was sex outside marriage illegal in the United Arab Emirates and across nearly all the Muslim world and the magistrate offered an option: Suspended sentences to the Pakistani man and Filipino woman if they agreed to wed. The man consented, but the woman refused. They are awaiting sentencing, which could bring jail terms of several months or longer.
The case in May grabbed some attention because of the judge's novel approach, but otherwise passed as a routine hearing on the misdemeanor docket in a city that relentlessly promotes itself as the new crossroads of the world.
Dubai's Islamic-influenced laws on sex, morality and how they are applied are now center stage in a global debate following the legal battle of a 24-year-old Norwegian woman, Marte Deborah Dalelv. She was sentenced to 16 months in prison on unwed sex and alcohol charges last week after claiming she was raped by a co-worker in March. The alleged attacker received a 13-month sentence on similar charges.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...
Lincoln troll, completely defeated has simply himself turned into a 24hour creationist newsreel, pumping its bullsh*t directly into the atheism forum.

Location hidden

#3037 Jul 27, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah sheldon, without proof, your rants are nothing but opinions, and I have no idea how to refute an opnion. Is that "dumbed down" enough for you to comprehend?
When you have no proof of the god you're lying about, why do you continue to talk?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3038 Jul 27, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
They still have no reason, eh? I was kicked out of a Christian forum after they not so lovingly defended a rather nasty one who has been bashing everyone else on there. Their rather twisted sense of reasoning makes no sense to me, ah....but I am used to such things.^^

I do enjoy trolling them sometimes.....heh heh heh....who doesn't enjoy trolling a clueless godbot?
:)

My real reason to "troll" the idiots who dare to step into the Atheist Parlor, is to try to shake their up a faith bit.

That's what started **me** down the road to questionville: reality kept intruding into my only personal little Faith-World.

Once a person **sees** the cracks in their personal lining of Faith? The lining through which they try to "see"?

It then becomes difficult to go back to **ignoring** said cracks, you see.

After a bit-- they begin to realize that **all** there **is** are cracks--

--- faith itself is what is flawed.

And they begin to emerge as a newly self-discovered atheist.

<laughing>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3039 Jul 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have no proof of the god you're lying about, why do you continue to talk?
He has grown quite desperate of late.

He is having trouble ignoring the cracks in his faith.

Which is a good thing.
LCN Llin

United States

#3040 Jul 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln troll, completely defeated has simply himself turned into a 24hour creationist newsreel, pumping its bullsh*t directly into the atheism forum.
Now -Skeptic- defends Islamic injustice?

try to keep up with the topic at hand,
avoid profanity
and act as if you were an adult.
LCN Llin

United States

#3041 Jul 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo -Skeptic- this is the post your are criticizing:

So
You
support
the
UAE
barbarism?

Barbaric
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) The couple stood before a Dubai judge. The charge was sex outside marriage illegal in the United Arab Emirates and across nearly all the Muslim world and the magistrate offered an option: Suspended sentences to the Pakistani man and Filipino woman if they agreed to wed. The man consented, but the woman refused. They are awaiting sentencing, which could bring jail terms of several months or longer.
The case in May grabbed some attention because of the judge's novel approach, but otherwise passed as a routine hearing on the misdemeanor docket in a city that relentlessly promotes itself as the new crossroads of the world.
Dubai's Islamic-influenced laws on sex, morality and how they are applied are now center stage in a global debate following the legal battle of a 24-year-old Norwegian woman, Marte Deborah Dalelv. She was sentenced to 16 months in prison on unwed sex and alcohol charges last week after claiming she was raped by a co-worker in March. The alleged attacker received a 13-month sentence on similar charges.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013 ...

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3042 Jul 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
My but you ARE stupid: my name is not "sheldon".
And I accept your capitulation: your ugly god CANNOT FORGIVE WITHOUT MASSIVE BLOODSHED.
Since you haven't even TRIED to muster up a refutation.
Well, lessee- we went from "massive bloodshed" to "someone". Which is it?

outdoors

#3043 Jul 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are unable to disprove the God I know exists, why do you ask?

outdoors

#3044 Jul 27, 2013
Here ya go: http://search.yahoo.com http%3a//answers.yahoo.com/que stion

Location hidden

#3045 Jul 28, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Now -Skeptic- defends Islamic injustice?
try to keep up with the topic at hand,
avoid profanity
and act as if you were an adult.
Why are you talking you worthless creationist piece of sh*t troll?

Prove your god or f*ck off and stop lying to us you ignorant waste of space.

Location hidden

#3046 Jul 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>When you are unable to disprove the God I know exists, why do you ask?
Listen to yourself you proofless liar.

The burden of proof lies upon the idiot stupid enough to lie about god in the first place.

Location hidden

#3047 Jul 28, 2013
If your god's are real as you say he is, why the f*ck haven't you been able prove this stupid sh*t since the beginning of recorded time itself?

What the f*ck is wrong with you people? Can't you swallow your egos and go and see a shrink for f*cks sake?

Why do atheists have to deal with your bullsh*t hallucinations you ignorant pigs?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3048 Jul 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
If your god's are real as you say he is, why the f*ck haven't you been able prove this stupid sh*t since the beginning of recorded time itself?

What the f*ck is wrong with you people? Can't you swallow your egos and go and see a shrink for f*cks sake?

Why do atheists have to deal with your bullsh*t hallucinations you ignorant pigs?
I'll race you septic you prove God doesn't exist and I'll prove God does exist.

Ready? Set! Go!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3049 Jul 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Well, lessee- we went from "massive bloodshed" to "someone". Which is it?
So you **admit** that your bloodthirsty godling **requires** someone to **die**?

Before he can manage enough "god juice" to forgive?

That **is** barbaric!

Even if **one** person is murdered!

The very **fact** your bloody god even WANTS this is barbaric!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3050 Jul 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>When you are unable to disprove the God I know exists, why do you ask?
You "know" in exactly the same way that a small child "knows" that Santa Claus brings him toys on December 25.

Riiiiiight.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3051 Jul 28, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Ready? Set! Go!
You cannot prove your godling is real.

But.

If you are willing to DEFINE which of the 1000's of gods that YOU BELIEVE IN?

I **can** show you why your god cannot exist.

Easy as pie, too.

Begin:

Location hidden

#3055 Jul 29, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Ready? Set! Go!
God not existing is already proven. its YOUR JOB to:

1. Define a god that isn't meaningless and illogical by every standard
2. Prove the god you just made up isn't part of your mental illness.
3. Since you can't its time to f*ck off.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#3056 Jul 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
No group is more deserving of some justified criticism.
You, especially.
Muslims deserve more. Their religion makes Christianity look positive.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#3057 Jul 29, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Sticks and stones, sport. First resort of a loser or a child- petty namecalling. At least God loves you.
He loves me so much that he'd have me stoned to death for something I cannot control.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min American Lady 312,052
D.C. mayor greenlights legal pot despite prison... 3 min OId Sailor 6
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,189,153
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 min NoahLovesU 4,710
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... (Aug '14) 3 min Shenicka 5,890
DOJ: Zimmerman Won't Face Federal Charges 6 min Lawrence Wolf 59
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 8 min Belle Sexton 57,709
Giuliani explains why Obama doesn't love America 15 min foster 320
3 in NY, Florida accused of plot to help Islami... 48 min Shoponline 9
More from around the web