Republicans on jobs report: Grand bar...

Republicans on jobs report: Grand bargain?

There are 38 comments on the KCRA-TV Sacramento story from Aug 2, 2013, titled Republicans on jobs report: Grand bargain?. In it, KCRA-TV Sacramento reports that:

A few days after President Barack Obama announced his proposed "grand bargain" to spur economic growth, Republicans remain unimpressed with the United States economy, reacting harshly to the new jobs report for July.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCRA-TV Sacramento.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Center-Left Conservative

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Aug 2, 2013
If the unemployment rate continues to drop as the economy keeps slogging along slowly improving then the Republicans will once again find themselves on the wrong side of things. This is the perfect time for Republicans to come to the table and work with the president so that they can take a message of compromising and helping to improve the economy into the 2014 mid-terms. The dems have the upper hand as congress ratings have cratered into the single digits and we need the GOP leadership to get on board with the President and show the American people that we have ideas to help get more people back to work.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#2 Aug 2, 2013
The CIA & StateDepartment now sweats over the BenghaziDECEPTION.
While the WhiteHouse & Justice Department want the IRS pressure in the election of 2012, to go away.
They need to make a plan that does not include a WorldWar.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Aug 2, 2013
Yep, GOPasaurs are crapping their pants as the unemployment rate just keeps coming down.
Lamer

Piqua, OH

#4 Aug 2, 2013
RayOne wrote:
The CIA & StateDepartment now sweats over the BenghaziDECEPTION.
While the WhiteHouse & Justice Department want the IRS pressure in the election of 2012, to go away.
They need to make a plan that does not include a WorldWar.
as usual, nothing of value to add. Seems to me you are doing a lot more wiggling than Obama has.
Reality bites

AOL

#5 Aug 2, 2013
The horrific nightmare of counting over 1 million part time jobs and only 20,000 full times jobs since January is proof that obama's policies are devastating for America.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#6 Aug 2, 2013
More good news for the economy as the unemployment rate drops to 7.3%... I love how the right has to swallow their teeth as all of their doom and gloom predictions for the economy has slapped them square in the face. Just imagine how much better thing would be had the GOP not done everything to obstruct the recovery.
In 2014 ‘We the People’ are going to get these tea-bagging bastards out of the Congress and get Nancy Pelosi her rightful gavel back… Speaker Pelosi sounds so good, don’t you agree, LOL!
TedsLiver

Sunnyvale, CA

#8 Aug 2, 2013
Obama told us the sequestor (cutting government) would negatively affect the economy (his words).
The opposite has actually happened. Thank you republicans for cutting the size of govenrment, it's working. Please cut more!!!!
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#9 Aug 2, 2013
Unemployment is falling at less then .2 of a percentage point every 4 months. That has been going on for 5 years. That is unacceptable.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Aug 2, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Unemployment is falling at less then .2 of a percentage point every 4 months. That has been going on for 5 years. That is unacceptable.
You'd rather unemployment be going up?

Maybe if the GOPasaurs stopped blocking all the infrastructure jobs that desperately need doing then the unemployment number would be going down a bit faster.

Considering unemployment was doing nothing but rising under the last GOPasaur president's administration, I don't think a campaign slogan of "unemployment is going down, but just not fast enough" will be very effective.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#11 Aug 2, 2013
TedsLiver wrote:
Obama told us the sequestor (cutting government) would negatively affect the economy (his words).
The opposite has actually happened. Thank you republicans for cutting the size of govenrment, it's working. Please cut more!!!!
Hmmm, maybe without the sequester the unemployment rate would be falling even faster?

Thanks GOPasaurs for keeping the economic recovery as sluggish as possible.

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#12 Aug 2, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
More good news for the economy as the unemployment rate drops to 7.3%... I love how the right has to swallow their teeth as all of their doom and gloom predictions for the economy has slapped them square in the face. Just imagine how much better thing would be had the GOP not done everything to obstruct the recovery.
In 2014 ‘We the People’ are going to get these tea-bagging bastards out of the Congress and get Nancy Pelosi her rightful gavel back… Speaker Pelosi sounds so good, don’t you agree, LOL!
Not more good news for the left....just more bullshit from you.

Republican LED states are leading the way to economic progress....dem states are floundering...you nor oblumber can't take credit for those facts...no matter how much manure you shovel, bozo.

speaker pelosi got fired by the Ameerican people for a reason and they don't want her back....get used to it, dummy.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#13 Aug 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd rather unemployment be going up?
Yes they would... they lost badly and they hate the fact that in spite of their obstruction and hopes for doom and gloom the Black guy won and the Black guy's policies are winning... oh, I'm sorry... the half-Black guy... LOL!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#14 Aug 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Yep, GOPasaurs are crapping their pants as the unemployment rate just keeps coming down.
This is a numbers game orchestrated from the OvalOffice. Not only is the market in a free fall, be discouraged workers are NO LONGER counted.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#15 Aug 2, 2013
Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
as usual, nothing of value to add. Seems to me you are doing a lot more wiggling than Obama has.
read PRAVDA, or watch RT.com

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#16 Aug 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, maybe without the sequester the unemployment rate would be falling even faster?
Thanks GOPasaurs for keeping the economic recovery as sluggish as possible.
LAMBRO: Sequestration was Obama’s idea in the first place
Ball is in his court as deadline looms

Sequester was obma's idea...Bob Woodard

New York Times

Dean Baker

Also Truthout!

Your favorite one term senator who only voted 'present!

Tell the truth for once...just once!!!

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#17 Aug 2, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they would... they lost badly and they hate the fact that in spite of their obstruction and hopes for doom and gloom the Black guy won and the Black guy's policies are winning... oh, I'm sorry... the half-Black guy... LOL!
The half black guy barely won...the republicans kept the house as the American people said NO more stimulus or taxpayer funded fiasco's.

30 republican governorships, more women republican governors and more latino republican governors.

The dicatator wannabe has found out since 2010......he isn't.

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#18 Aug 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd rather unemployment be going up?
Maybe if the GOPasaurs stopped blocking all the infrastructure jobs that desperately need doing then the unemployment number would be going down a bit faster.
Considering unemployment was doing nothing but rising under the last GOPasaur president's administration, I don't think a campaign slogan of "unemployment is going down, but just not fast enough" will be very effective.
Unemployment going down in republican led states, blue state cities filing for bankruptcy........even yours is showing progress since electing a republican. LMAO
TedsLiver

Sunnyvale, CA

#19 Aug 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, maybe without the sequester the unemployment rate would be falling even faster?
Thanks GOPasaurs for keeping the economic recovery as sluggish as possible.
The sad part is you know I'm right and you cannot admit it. You are truely a liberal sheepie.

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#20 Aug 2, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
More good news for the economy as the unemployment rate drops to 7.3%... I love how the right has to swallow their teeth as all of their doom and gloom predictions for the economy has slapped them square in the face. Just imagine how much better thing would be had the GOP not done everything to obstruct the recovery.
In 2014 ‘We the People’ are going to get these tea-bagging bastards out of the Congress and get Nancy Pelosi her rightful gavel back… Speaker Pelosi sounds so good, don’t you agree, LOL!
You peabrain: Today we had 85 motorcycles and 126 riders to escort Sgt Anthony Maddox from the airport to the funeral home. Add in a huge turn out of the US Coast Guard members, so many law enforcement agencies, family and friends to begin the journey of Sgt Maddox final resting place. THANKS to all that came out to ride ~~ you are appreciated. Big Thanks go to Nederland Chamber of Commerce, Port Arthur Chamber of Commerce and the media for helping publicize the route. Heartfelt appreciation to all that came out and stood for the procession to let the family know Sgt Maddox sacrifice and service was not in vain!!

Tomorrow is the funeral at Antioch Missionary Baptist Church on Cardinal Dr. in Beaumont, TX. Visitation is at 9:00 am and service begins at 10:00.

The freedom riders included me, three of my friends...all white..most of the Coast Gaurd where white....so were most of the law enforcement........

We didn't see YOU, or even a mention by oblumber.

Sgt Maddox...was black.

You are a racist and a moron.
drinK the Hive

New York, NY

#21 Aug 2, 2013
I See Oneness As Blissful And Relative 2 The Pain Of Separateness...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uxgS6cMdZPg/UflTdZ-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nation's capital is sinking into the ocean 3 min Denny CranesPlace 9
News Republican-led House panel seeks interview with... 3 min cpeter1313 32
Iran Nuclear Agreement: Black Mark or Gold Star... 4 min Synque 351
News Planned Parenthood chief apologizes after video 4 min serfs up 358
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Nutter 336,576
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,263,443
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 min Knowledge- 10,754
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Denny CranesPlace 190,047
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min ChristineM 171,739
News Donald Trump blasts John McCain over 'crazies' ... 45 min Le Jimbo 640
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min Rogue Scholar 05 194,510
More from around the web