Boehner, McConnell play good cop, bad...

Boehner, McConnell play good cop, bad cop

There are 67 comments on the Politico story from Nov 13, 2012, titled Boehner, McConnell play good cop, bad cop. In it, Politico reports that:

Here's how different things are for House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in the upcoming fiscal cliff negotiations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

BobBailey22

Charlotte, NC

#44 Nov 15, 2012
Ninthman wrote:
Obama admitted today that the WH sent Rice out to lie about Benghazi. Did he just seal his own fate?
That is insane --there is a complete word for word run down printed in the Washington Post because McCain is lying about the facts or merely don't know the facts or is just taking lying pop shots. Get the facts and truth.

This investigation is not over and there is some speculating wild stories. I don't believe anything McCain says about anything. This is a man who could not defend his own family when Bush and Rove knocked him out of the race in 2000 with lies about his adopted daughter. You cannot defend your family you can't no one.
BobBailey22

Charlotte, NC

#45 Nov 15, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because originally the entire claim was girl gossip. The Agent who reported this to Cantor, was trying to make moves on the Girl and looking to score points. He wasn't an agent assigned to the case just someone she knew who worked for the FBI.
Cantor was right not to say anything, he would have loss the election if he had. This is nothing more than Girl Gossip over Generals neither of them are married to.
The Women the FBI Agent was trying to impress is a certified ding bat.
And there you have it --the election. I don't know which dingbat your talking about but the one lives in my city the FBI removed boxes of top secret files from Broadwell's home. Why would any lover give his lover top secret files that had to do with Libya? What was so important in those files and what were the republicans up too. The republicans were so sure and positive they were going to win this election. They were shocked they did not. So you have two things so far republicans believing they were going to be in office and hiding top secret info.

The info was not just about hanky panky--there was top secret info that the republicans in the security cabinet are furious about they did not receive from Cantor, and FBI.

All that is being picked up by the media is the hanky panky but the top secret info is that --secret and under investigated.

But why has the wind shifted--why are there now republicans coming out and publicly supporting the president who they always spoke against for 4 years. Who were quick and vocal to criticize when the president opened his eyes that he opened them wrong, so to speak. Why do you have republican governors supporting the prez. Why do you have governors who voiced secession now change their minds and say no.

As my grandpappy used to say..there is something blowing in the wind and it isn't just air.
responder

Columbus, OH

#47 Nov 15, 2012
RayOne wrote:
The Benghazi Deception is still worthy of front page coverage.
Why can't you seem to prove there WAS a "deception?"

I'm all for an investigation, too, but I know that won't happen in the damn GOP House. They've done NOTHING but play politics with this in hopes of discrediting the President, who was NOT RESPONSIBLE for Consular security.

Get someone objective to investigate fairly and honestly, that's fine. Not what your side wants, though.
responder

Columbus, OH

#48 Nov 15, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Sex between Boehner and McConnell? Even I couldn't buy that. Yecchh!
DOUBLE yecchh. In fact, make it a triple....:)

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#49 Nov 15, 2012
The WH & Agenda 21 Posse were successful with this election. They have shown how they plan to get it done.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#50 Nov 15, 2012
Boehner and McConnell...More like, Dumb and Dumber....

Location hidden

#51 Nov 15, 2012
RayOne wrote:
The Benghazi Deception is still worthy of front page coverage.
Not till you can find proof.....
spud

United States

#52 Nov 15, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
YES, they do.
I'm glad you agree that both parties suck. You surprised me with that one.
spud

United States

#53 Nov 15, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Boehner and McConnell...More like, Dumb and Dumber....
You're right. But America might have even been more right when they said the same thing about Pelosi and Reid.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#55 Nov 15, 2012
McConnell's only priority for the last 3 1/2 years was making sure that Obama was a one-tern president.
Not jobs. Not the debt. Not America.

One billion dollars shoved down the old rat hole of Republican politics and it couldn't get it done.

The Koch brothers are suing.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#56 Nov 15, 2012
RayOne wrote:
The WH & Agenda 21 Posse were successful with this election. They have shown how they plan to get it done.
Get what done?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#58 Nov 15, 2012
spud wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad you agree that both parties suck. You surprised me with that one.
It shouldn't, my father felt that way during his lifetime (73) and he died 23 years ago.

I haven't seen any improvement since.
responder

Columbus, OH

#59 Nov 15, 2012
RayOne wrote:
Yup, yup, that ol' Hill'ry an' th' U.N.'re comin' t'get yer GUNS, boys! Bettur stock up n' make yer local gun-dealer a rich man!

LOL (shaking head)

Location hidden

#60 Nov 15, 2012
spud wrote:
<quoted text>You're right. But America might have even been more right when they said the same thing about Pelosi and Reid.
Out of the four, i feel Boehner is actually trying hard to do what is right....He's just up againest an awful group of House republicans...Representatives that consciously schemed to stall our economic recovery, just to make the President look bad.....Nobody ever deserved to lose an election, more than Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan and the House republicans.....

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#61 Nov 15, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Out of the four, i feel Boehner is actually trying hard to do what is right....He's just up againest an awful group of House republicans...Representatives that consciously schemed to stall our economic recovery, just to make the President look bad.....Nobody ever deserved to lose an election, more than Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan and the House republicans.....
If Mitch and his merry band of obstructionists don't get their collective acts together, they may find themselves on the outside looking in "Romney-style"
Eric Gustafson

Yorktown, VA

#62 Nov 15, 2012
McCain the same guy who left his first wife on a gurney on her way to having surgery for cancer to run off with the rich woman in Arizona.

How he got to be an honorable man is beyond the pale. Let's also not forget McCain was a central figure in a Congressional Corruption Case, the Keating 5, that saw a number of participants jailed. McCain was speared, something to do with a source of mystery providing the FBI information to help with their prosecution. When the smoke cleared, McCain was slapped on the wrist by the House Ethic Committee.

Lying isn't beyond McCain, he's an accomplished liar it's part of his history in Congress.
BobBailey22 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is insane --there is a complete word for word run down printed in the Washington Post because McCain is lying about the facts or merely don't know the facts or is just taking lying pop shots. Get the facts and truth.
This investigation is not over and there is some speculating wild stories. I don't believe anything McCain says about anything. This is a man who could not defend his own family when Bush and Rove knocked him out of the race in 2000 with lies about his adopted daughter. You cannot defend your family you can't no one.

Location hidden

#63 Nov 16, 2012
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
If Mitch and his merry band of obstructionists don't get their collective acts together, they may find themselves on the outside looking in "Romney-style"
..Or, if they want to continue their partisan bullshit and divisiveness, they have the oppurtunity to make the Republican party, even less significant.....Just Imagine.....Hillary in 2016.....
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#64 Nov 16, 2012
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
That why we should all start calling him "Mitt" McConnell, as a WARNING. 2014 will be his WATERLOO.

Location hidden

#65 Nov 16, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
That why we should all start calling him "Mitt" McConnell, as a WARNING. 2014 will be his WATERLOO.
..Seriously, we need to make his retirement manditory....maybe Eric Cantor and Paul Ryan too....
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#66 Nov 16, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>..Seriously, we need to make his retirement manditory....maybe Eric Cantor and Paul Ryan too....
From your keyboard to God's ears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min smile n wave 1,601,703
News Trump pardons former Sheriff Joe Arpaio 8 min NotSoDivineMsM 1,292
News Kimmel calls Louisiana senator 'inbred' during ... 8 min bubbba 5
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 20 min poi pounder 297
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 21 min Ronald 9,959
News Trump, in new dig, mocks North Korea leader as ... 24 min poi pounder 87
News The Latest: Trump targets North Korea in new ex... 26 min Covfefe 55
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr JCPete 289,174
News Jimmy Kimmel transforms debate, and shows comed... 1 hr MeowMix 80
More from around the web