Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll

Full story: mymixfm.com

The majority of Americans favor giving millions of illegal immigrants a way to earn citizenship, according to a survey released on Thursday, highlighting public support for efforts in Congress to reform immigration law.
Comments
541 - 560 of 890 Comments Last updated Jul 22, 2013

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

spud wrote:
Why don't our politicians worry about our youth? Every year our High Schools graduate thousands of kids that are only qualified to do menial jobs. Why are we encouraging employers to hire illegal to do these jobs. These policies are creating a permanent underclass that will be dependent on government, the taxpayer, for their survival. These idiots in unions, government and business would do better to employ our own most vulnerable first.
You aswered your own question...the government encourages dependency because those dependent upon the governmnet for all of their needs tend to be very malleable and tend to back those who give them the hand-outs to which they sadly have become too accustomed.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>what deal? you mean the bill that will be crushed by republicans once again?
Let them kill the bill; it'll be the death sentence for the GOPasaurs as a national party.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text> Talks of ending birthright citizenship have been picking up momentum and since an amnesty bill wont be introduced until November,you can count on it Being a part of any bill.
Nope, changing birthright citizenship would required amending the constitution, so it can't be part of any bill.
spud

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>You aswered your own question...the government encourages dependency because those dependent upon the governmnet for all of their needs tend to be very malleable and tend to back those who give them the hand-outs to which they sadly have become too accustomed.
That's right from the Democrats point of view but it doesn't clarify anything about the idiotic neocons. But you miss the point of my post. My point is that both parties, especially Dems, have self serving reasons for supporting amnesty. I feel this country would be better served if both parties would put the wellbeing of our country ahead of their own selfish desires.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, changing birthright citizenship would required amending the constitution, so it can't be part of any bill.
oh really?

then how do you explain all those executive orders pumped out by Obama?

the key issue here is enforcement. and obviously, we are seeing our constitution being totally ignored. but nothing is being done about it by the supreme court or our congress.

let me tell you something, genius.. when the will of the people is change, it will come to that whether guys like you want to believe it or not.

I see shooting in the streets in the near future. and guys like you will be the first to go.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Let them kill the bill; it'll be the death sentence for the GOPasaurs as a national party.
with things going on the way they are..

with the national debt rising above 20 trillion.. another war on our doorsteps.. unemployment in double digits..

ALL HAPPENING UNDER A democratic administration.

I beg to differ.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
with things going on the way they are..
with the national debt rising above 20 trillion.. another war on our doorsteps.. unemployment in double digits..
ALL HAPPENING UNDER A democratic administration.
I beg to differ.
It'll be Bush's fault when war breaks out on the Korean Peninsula, even though none of the leaders involved were in power while he was president.
Con Todo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
It'll be Bush's fault when war breaks out on the Korean Peninsula, even though none of the leaders involved were in power while he was president.
The Bushes were too busy shooting their wads in the Middle East for imagined WMD's. LOL

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

spud wrote:
<quoted text>That's right from the Democrats point of view but it doesn't clarify anything about the idiotic neocons. But you miss the point of my post. My point is that both parties, especially Dems, have self serving reasons for supporting amnesty. I feel this country would be better served if both parties would put the wellbeing of our country ahead of their own selfish desires.
Oh, I totally agree with you.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
oh really?
then how do you explain all those executive orders pumped out by Obama?
the key issue here is enforcement. and obviously, we are seeing our constitution being totally ignored. but nothing is being done about it by the supreme court or our congress.
let me tell you something, genius.. when the will of the people is change, it will come to that whether guys like you want to believe it or not.
I see shooting in the streets in the near future. and guys like you will be the first to go.
Doubtful; guys like me (20yr military vets) are well armed, and unlike you I have round eyes so my aim is spot on!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful; guys like me (20yr military vets) are well armed, and unlike you I have round eyes so my aim is spot on!
you can't target what you can't see, bro.

you should know that better then the rest of us.. that is, if you truly are a vet.

my guess is.. you are just a punk.
nym8387

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The law doesn't apply to the kids of illegal aliens and that just needs to be made clear,the constitution doesn't have to be touched to take loophole away,so you can count on it being part of any bill
nym8387

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really belive that nonsense? The GOP would die instantly if they pass amnesty.why lose millions of votes just because you want to give amnesty to people who would never vote for you?This act of treason by democrats will put republicans back in control of the white house
nym8387

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you should know that better then the rest of us.. that is, if you truly are a vet.
All amnesty supporters lie about everything on topix,I bet this guy would be the first to turn tail and run during a civil war

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Democrats & Republicans working together!

A Democratic New York state senator was arrested Tuesday, along with his supposed conspirators, after allegedly paying Republicans to run on their side of the ticket for the November New York City mayoral election. Reuters reports the move comes after a years-long investigation into the scandal, brought on by a wide-open mayoral race due to current Mayor Michael Bloomberg's retirement from the office due to term limits. The numbers belie a wide-ranging bribery plot to fill the top seat in city hall.

6: The number of men charged with various misdeeds. State Sen. Malcolm Smith, the lone Democrat, supposedly paid various Republican officials to be let on the ballot.

Republicans charged are City Councilman Daniel Halloran, Queens County Republican Party Vice Chairman Vincent Tabone, Spring Valley Mayor Noramie Jasmin, Spring Valley Deputy Mayor Joseph Desmaret and Bronx County Republican Party Chairman Joseph Savino.

http://news.yahoo.com/york-senator-arrested-b...
America First

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

You`re ALL sheeple complaining about Mexicans and Democrats and Republicans, etc. while filthy, violentni ggers roam this country destroying it day by day. Wake up and get out of your political correctness mode. Get out of your caves, off Topix, grow a backbone and do something about it.
bunnun

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Deport Deport Deport

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is you're just another illegal in my country. As least that's what I'll tell the cops after I shoot you for "tresspassing".

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text> The law doesn't apply to the kids of illegal aliens and that just needs to be made clear,the constitution doesn't have to be touched to take loophole away,so you can count on it being part of any bill
You'd be wrong.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text> Do you really belive that nonsense? The GOP would die instantly if they pass amnesty.why lose millions of votes just because you want to give amnesty to people who would never vote for you?This act of treason by democrats will put republicans back in control of the white house
Actually I agree- the GOPasaurs are dead either way.

Once again they put themselves in an unwinable situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min DITCH MITCH 146,392
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Fed Up Again 244,184
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min Humprey 52,308
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min EasyEed 1,080,224
Attention politicians: You can be popular when ... 3 min All Pols Are VVhores 7
Chick-fil-A Vallejo Location Faces Opposition 3 min what you say 165
EPA under fire for preemptive strike against ma... 4 min Far Away 13
•••
•••