Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 20 comments on the Jan 7, 2013, NBC Chicago story titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13943 Nov 25, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know The Onion is a satirical e-magazine don't you? LMAO, you didn't know!
the Onion? I apologize, that link was posted in error. HERE is the accurate link, i believe: http://www.guyspeak.com/answers/i-have-a-craz...

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#13944 Nov 25, 2013
Old Friend of the Family wrote:
<quoted text>
the Onion? I apologize, that link was posted in error. HERE is the accurate link, i believe.....
No, you just failed to do your homework before posting.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13945 Nov 25, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you just failed to do your homework before posting.
Could you please evaluate this site for me?
http://www.nowayborngay.org/
I am thinking of making it required viewing at the High School where I work to cut down on deviant sexual activity.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13946 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you find the exploitation and victimization of gay boys funny. Most don't.
No, I found nothing funny about your post about fantasies about victimizing students. What I find amusing is that you expect anyone to take you seriously.

You're the one making up stories about teachers intentionally infecting their students with HIV. Not me. Quit projecting your perversions onto others.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13947 Nov 25, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>

You're the one making up stories about teachers intentionally infecting their students with HIV.
It's not TEACHERS doing it, it's older students. How poor is your reading comprehension?

This documentary will clear things up for you if you have the courage to watch it.

Littleton, NH

#13948 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
It's not TEACHERS doing it, it's older students. How poor is your reading comprehension?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oKCcr_ayvMoXX
This documentary will clear things up for you if you have the courage to watch it.
You said older gay males. Forgive me if I interpreted that as men, not boys.

And you can forget about me clicking on anything you post. If I'm lucky, it will not infect my computer with viruses. But I've seen your posts and your sources. There is nothing to be gained by joining your community of desperate homophobes and racists.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#13949 Nov 25, 2013
As a Counselor in a Public High School I have the unfortunate task of informing you that the message of safe sex had NOT reached the next generation. Below is an all too common story heard in my office. I'll call the deceived 14 year old boy "nhjeff".
"An older man approached me after school to return to his house and play video games. One thing led to another and before I knew it we were barebacking (He claimed black men are allergic to latex. It makes them itch).
Well halfway through the deed he shrieked "I have AIDS!) I tried to buck him off, but he was too strong for me. Afterwards, in tears, I asked him why he had done this. He merely lit a Newport and said one word "reparations".
I try my best to steer these boys away from a self destructive lifestyle.
You do realize princess, that providing quotes and then cowardly removing their source doesn't really help you, right dear?!!!
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13950 Nov 25, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You said older gay males. Forgive me if I interpreted that as men, not boys.
And you can forget about me clicking on anything you post. If I'm lucky, it will not infect my computer with viruses. But I've seen your posts and your sources. There is nothing to be gained by joining your community of desperate homophobes and racists.
Then you are simply a coward.
80% of the men in that GAY PRODUCED documentary admit to having unprotected sex with men they barely knew. The practice of "gifting" is not only prevalent, but celebrated. To claim otherwise is to be an obscurantist.
http://www.komonews.com/news/archive/4093766....
THAT link was from a National New Source. No "viruses"-- except in your partner....

Location hidden

#13952 Nov 25, 2013
Did I make up this post from the CDC too, or is the CDC racist?
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/racialethnic/aa/
African Americans accounted for an estimated 44% of all new HIV infections among adults and adolescents (aged 13 years or older) in 2010, despite representing only 12% to14% of the US population.
In 2010, black men accounted for 70%(14,700) of the estimated 20,900 new HIV infections among all adult and adolescent blacks. The estimated rate of new HIV infection for black men (103.6/100,000 population) was seven times as high as that of white men, twice as high as that of Latino men, and nearly three times as high as among black women.
Um, can you stay focused dear? It's hard to keep up with your bigotry if you keep switching. Are you here to bitch about gays or blacks? Which is it hon?

Location hidden

#13953 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
How about the American Psychiatric Association?
http://www.libertynews.com/2013/11/outrageous...
How about them?
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/...

The "official classification" that your ridiculous website mentions is completely non-existent. Just another example of how desperate fundies are to promote their agenda.

Hon, this one was way sadder than you NARTH attempt. So pathetic.

What else you got dear?!! What epic fail would you like to set yourself up for next??!!!

Location hidden

#13954 Nov 25, 2013
Sadly, there is a clique of older HIV positive gay males in my school who make a game out of how many "newbies" they can have unprotected sex with. They call themselves the "Bull Riders" because they tend to announce their HIV status during the sex act as in my account above.
I am prohibited by the Administration of warning the other students about their activities because it is felt they would be made to feel "different" or "persecuted" if their HIV status was known.
Can anyone hand OFOTF a shovel? He needs one desperately.

So let's see, the "Administration" at your school is too stupid to know how to address the student board about an issue of health without naming people specifically? Your administration is completely unable to discuss how dangerous certain actions are without mentioning who is engaged in the actions? That seems like a really stupid administration. But one can now see how you would fit right in with such a bunch.

And given how tremendously stupid your "administration is" one can definitely see how your school would have such a high ratio of children that are HIV positive to form such a clique.

Tell me hon, this clique you mention, let me guess, are they all black too?

Littleton, NH

#13955 Nov 25, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone hand OFOTF a shovel? He needs one desperately.
So let's see, the "Administration" at your school is too stupid to know how to address the student board about an issue of health without naming people specifically? Your administration is completely unable to discuss how dangerous certain actions are without mentioning who is engaged in the actions? That seems like a really stupid administration. But one can now see how you would fit right in with such a bunch.
And given how tremendously stupid your "administration is" one can definitely see how your school would have such a high ratio of children that are HIV positive to form such a clique.
Tell me hon, this clique you mention, let me guess, are they all black too?
Of course they're black. They bareback because black skin is allergic to latex. Pay attention. There will be a quiz.

Location hidden

#13956 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
the Onion? I apologize, that link was posted in error. HERE is the accurate link, i believe: http://www.guyspeak.com/answers/i-have-a-craz...
My goodness. You certainly do spend a lot of time reading about fringe sexual practices of others. Have you ever thought about speaking to someone professional about your obsession? Tell me, do you share you little obsession when you are counseling children?

You do realize that spending massive amounts of time searching out information on things you state you find offensive is a sickness, right hon?
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13957 Nov 25, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize princess, that providing quotes and then cowardly removing their source doesn't really help you, right dear?!!!
I was protecting the identity of a CHILD.
I realize you'd like to "meet and greet" him, but I'm afraid I can't facilitate that.

Location hidden

#13958 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Could you please evaluate this site for me?
http://www.nowayborngay.org/
I am thinking of making it required viewing at the High School where I work to cut down on deviant sexual activity.
I would say that you should donate as much as you can as soon as you possibly can. That is afterall WHAT the website was created for, and you are WHO it was created for.

The more shills like you, donate to organizations like that, the faster we gays achieve our full equality.

Is there anything else we can help you with?
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13959 Nov 25, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you here to bitch about gays or blacks?
Neither. I post the truth, provide evidence, and you deny it.
No wonder your community is so rife with disease.

Littleton, NH

#13960 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I was protecting the identity of a CHILD.
No you aren't. You're sharing sordid fantasies of your own in an inappropriate place with people who really aren't interested.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13961 Nov 25, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>

So let's see, the "Administration" at your school is too stupid to know how to address the student board about an issue of health without naming people specifically?
They TRIED. The local GLADD Chapter filed a legal injunction forbidding them to address the issue. Right now it's tied up in multiple Courts indefinitely. I believe the ACLU also got involved in support of GLADD.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13962 Nov 25, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness. You certainly do spend a lot of time reading about fringe sexual practices of others. Have you ever thought about speaking to someone professional about your obsession? Tell me, do you share you little obsession when you are counseling children?
You do realize that spending massive amounts of time searching out information on things you state you find offensive is a sickness, right hon?
I have research these practices if I intend to warn the students about them, don't I?
BTW, I was able to link that web-site you approved of onto the school computer network. It now appears when each unit is booted up.
I'm glad you found it helpful.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13963 Nov 25, 2013
See Jonah1 and his partner at 3:20 of this video link:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min HILLARY 2016 179,017
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Agents of Corruption 160,752
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,219,661
News Huckabee: Wait until Obama is out of office bef... 7 min Shinichiro Takizawa 149
News Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP White Ho... 12 min Christsharians on... 81
News Poll: Majority want businesses to serve gay wed... 19 min Christsharians on... 17
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min litesong 52,837
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 58 min Agents of Corruption 324,148
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 1 hr californio 36
More from around the web