Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17556 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

sickofit

Austin, MN

#863 Jan 12, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, homosexuality can never be considered Normal or natural so they're trying to use the laws to label it normal.
Your cult buybull religion is not normel yet you get to have freedom to practice it......EQUALITY heard of it???????

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#864 Jan 12, 2013
aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact of the matter is that marriage is defined as the union between a man and a woman. If you wish to have civil unions, fine. Work on getting the laws changed re civil unions. But no. In your own words, it's an easier route to go and have laws passed that would benefit you because same sex unions are not recognized as the union of a man and woman. So unless we cave to turning marriage into what never was intended, you'll force laws through. Like it or not but gay or lesbian unions is not a marriage but simply, as I see it, as a way to protect your financial interests. Maybe I'm one of the few and archaic as you would say, but marriage should be protected as the union between a man and woman not the union of same sexes to protect their interests as an easier route which would benefit gays and lesbians/their choices.
You must never have been married to someone you love if you think the financial protections are the most important aspect. Normal people think about their wedding day and the joy of publicly declaring their love and commitment to one another. They thinks of the struggles and triumphs that they have met along the path together. And there is really only one word that captures all of that in our culture. And the word is not civil whatchamacallit.
Carol

Orem, UT

#865 Jan 12, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
FORK YOUR BUYBULL....WE THE PEOPLE dont follow a cults handbook....we follow the Constitution......MUCH BETTER
The founding. Fathers thought so much about the bible that to this day...

It is still the book used in courts to take an oath of honesty.

We the people arent you the tyrant.
Carol

Orem, UT

#866 Jan 12, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zoZRrixLLSEXX
That's OK I knew you wouldn't have a rebuttal.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#867 Jan 12, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Right you will then go after the millions of Catholics and Christians who preach from the bible...
Your goal is to have the bible labeled hate speech.
Catholicism doesn't "preach from the bible" which it refers to as "Our first tradition".
Carol

Orem, UT

#868 Jan 12, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT TRUE......
Why is it all you nazi fascist KKK types have is LIES AND BS?????????
Please go crawl under a rock and wait for your rapture...FREAKING NUT JOB.........
I will out life fat slobby inbred freaks like you by decades...I work out eat great and stay in awesome shape...can boucne a quarter off my body anywhere..........ROCK HARD YOU FAT BITCH......
Please stop talking about yourself.

Littleton, NH

#869 Jan 12, 2013
aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>
We know full and well the strong arm tactics that were illustrated well re the Chic filet fiasco. Mayors stating that businesses wouldn't be able to operate in their cities, etc was beyond words. You talk about how hard you have to work? Why don't you work just as hard in getting those civil unions passed? Because it's easier to strong everyone else because it's the easier route. That tells me that what best suits you is your concern and even if it means going after marriage which still holds much value for some of us who value the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.
Wait a minute! So you're telling us that it's easier to achieve marriage equality than universally recognized civil whatchamcallits? And because it's harder and will take longer, we should strive for the inferior result? Come back to earth whenever you're ready!
sickofit

Austin, MN

#870 Jan 12, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Right you will then go after the millions of Catholics and Christians who preach from the bible...
Your goal is to have the bible labeled hate speech.
the buybull is ahte speech and a pile of trash....thats aid no one wants to ban your cult or take away your buybull...JUST WANT YOU TO LET OTHERS AHVE SAME FREEDOM AND RIGHTS YOU HAVE....GOT IT HITLER BIOTCH??????????
sickofit

Austin, MN

#871 Jan 12, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The founding. Fathers thought so much about the bible that to this day...
It is still the book used in courts to take an oath of honesty.
We the people arent you the tyrant.
THE FOUNDING FATHERS OWNED SLAVES AND THOUGH IT WAS OK FOR A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL TO MARRY A 40 YEAR OLD MAN AND THEY THOUGH IT WAS OK TO BURN ANYONE AT THE STALE WHO SPOKE OUT AGAINT THE BUYBULL.

I wont take there pathetic fucking workd for anything......
sickofit

Austin, MN

#872 Jan 12, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop talking about yourself.
Shu tup traitor.

Littleton, NH

#873 Jan 12, 2013
aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>
And what are you going to do when you have your laws passed and people still view it like they do now? You going to cry and stomp your feet and call everyone a Nazi because they don't join in that big group hug and sing the liberal's anthem of kumbaya?
We will continue to reach out to our friends, family, coworkers, church members, and other acquaintances. Most of them will come to understand that the differences between us are insignificant, and the similarities profound. You may be left in the corner licking your wounds and vowing never to treat your fellow humans equally. That would be a shame. But it would be a problem of your own making.

We can't stop you from being drowned in your own ignorance and bigotry. Only you can change that.

Littleton, NH

#874 Jan 12, 2013
aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you guarantee that the change won't go the other way? I seem to remember the feminists who thought putting down women and making them feel that unless they were out in the work force they weren't worth anything. They were outright mocked. I remember well my Mother saying that it would come to no good. And sure enough, the feminists have done more damage than any other one thing that I can think of w/respect to destroying the family unit and interpersonal relationships. So change is not always in the best of society. And re-defining one of the institutions such as marriage? May not be the wisest things to do come twenty or thirty years down the line.
You sound like an angry old white man who misses having your wife tethered between the bedroom and the kitchen. I've got news for you: very few women want to return to your early twentieth century view of the role of women. Nor do most men. The old way had its share of problems too. Consult A Streetcar Named Desire for a glimpse how wonderful life was for women trapped in abusive relationships.
Carol

Orem, UT

#875 Jan 12, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh well... I guess that settles it. The book of myths substantiates one of its myths. It's genius!
Guess that settles it, darling.
Carol

Orem, UT

#876 Jan 12, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholicism doesn't "preach from the bible" which it refers to as "Our first tradition".
Sorry then I stand (or sit) corrected, lol.

Littleton, NH

#877 Jan 12, 2013
aisling- wrote:
The traditional principle upon which the institution of marriage is founded is that a husband has the obligation to support a wife, and that a wife has the duty to serve. In the past, this has meant that the husband has the duty to provide a safe house, to pay for necessities such as food and clothing, and to live in the house. A wife's obligation has traditionally entailed maintaining a home, living in the home, having sexual relations with her husband, and rearing the couple's children.
I just wanted to be sure that everyone saw that. By his own testimony, that's the world Aisling wants to re-establish
Carol

Orem, UT

#879 Jan 12, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT TRUE......
Why is it all you nazi fascist KKK types have is LIES AND BS?????????
Please go crawl under a rock and wait for your rapture...FREAKING NUT JOB.........
I will out life fat slobby inbred freaks like you by decades...I work out eat great and stay in awesome shape...can boucne a quarter off my body anywhere..........ROCK HARD YOU FAT BITCH......
Whatever luv
Carol

Orem, UT

#880 Jan 12, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted to be sure that everyone saw that. By his own testimony, that's the world Aisling wants to re-establish
That was the best family model ever...

until femi Nazis messed up the home trying to be men.....

It was the best family situation ever when daddy worked...

and mama was home cooking dinner when kids came home from school.
sickofit

Austin, MN

#881 Jan 12, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever luv
Dont call me "luv"......makes me sick hearing that from a nazi.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#882 Jan 12, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry then I stand (or sit) corrected, lol.
You might find this bit of RC jingoism interesting. Jingoism aside, it remains an excellent apologia examining why Biblicism, Inerrency and Sola Scriptura are self-refuting tautologies and heretical:

http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologeti...
sickofit

Austin, MN

#883 Jan 12, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the best family model ever...
until femi Nazis messed up the home trying to be men.....
It was the best family situation ever when daddy worked...
and mama was home cooking dinner when kids came home from school.
HOLY CRAP.........IT IS 2013....NOT 1812......If you want a world like that I hear Iran would work for you....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 1 min gwww 115
News Ohio's Kasich urges working together at NAACP c... 7 min Ronald 90
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Susanm 1,402,949
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 10 min Chilli J 974
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Dale 219,242
News Pundit cites 'Dora the Explorer' to criticize K... 10 min BabyDoll 3
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 16 min USA Number One 10,338
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Cornelius Scudmister 232,733
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 20 min Yeah 390,968
News Ted Cruz quickly becomes news at GOP confab 1 hr spud 162
More from around the web