Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Chicago

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Comments (Page 295)

Showing posts 5,881 - 5,900 of17,538
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
What don't you get about the cops telling him NOT to pursue him? The "kid" was in the neighborhood to visit his father and he had every right to do so! As much right to be there without getting stalked as the murderer did! The idiot should have listened to the police and stopped stalking him! Didn't he have the right to protect himself with some idiot stalking him? Any other state and the guy would be in prison for second degree murder! He should have followed the directions from the police and cease and desisted! Try again sport!
you are tweaking the facts to support your view of the situation.
1st no one told him "not to pursue him"
2nd there is no evidence that he was "pursuing him"
the dispatcher told him that "we don't need you to do that" when he explained that he was following him. following him to see where he was going to or what he was up to.
so;
3rd he was not stalking him. he was simply watching to see where he was going.
if tm had not hidden and simply kept on walking to the house of his father's girl friend gz probably would not have goten out of the car.
if tm had not ambushed him and broke his niose and beat his head against the pavement then gz probably would not have shot him.
if tm had not ambushed him.
do you have any evidence that conflicts with this?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What method do you use on your coins?
"...offensive words....."? Why not just throw out, or give away only those bills with those words on them? Besides a big outdoors he man like your self who has braved lions, and tigers and bears....oh my....can't possibly be afraid of a few words on a piece of paper....you're not fooling us!
haven't yet found a solution for the coins...

we have no lions or tigers in northern MN, and i and not afraid of the words, they are offensive to the nation we live in and anathema to the founding goals of our nation. so basically, when we were trying to prove we were a better form of governance than the Soviets, we shat on our founding principles...sad. very sad...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Wow! those spam filters are working pretty well, huh?

not hard to override as the Captcha numbers always come up 666...at least they do for me...

:)

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
Sure they do, a gay man marries a gay woman in a gay wedding.
Sorry Pete, all that is known as is a Marriage that happens to include 2 men......and nothing more......their marriage license says the same thing on it that a heterosexual couple who is married in the same state would say!!!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Pete, all that is known as is a Marriage that happens to include 2 men......and nothing more......their marriage license says the same thing on it that a heterosexual couple who is married in the same state would say!!!
you mean it isn't printed on pink paper with a lace border?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>haven't yet found a solution for the coins...
we have no lions or tigers in northern MN
Vikings?
, and i and not afraid of the words, they are offensive to the nation we live in
I think they were more "defensive"....again st the Godless commies.
and anathema to the founding goals of our nation.
How about "In Divine Providence We Trust"? George would've liked that.
so basically, when we were trying to prove we were a better form of governance than the Soviets
We are.
, we shat on our founding principles...sad. very sad...
I wouldn't go to that extent, but I do believe it shouldn't b on our currency. Not because it violates our founding principles, but rather its at odds with Christian teachings, not the words themselves, but their placement on currency.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean it isn't printed on pink paper with a lace border?
That's silly. Pink is for girls. Blue paper with a lace border.:)

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Vikings?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
We are.
<quoted text>
I wouldn't go to that extent, but I do believe it shouldn't b on our currency. Not because it violates our founding principles, but rather its at odds with Christian teachings, not the words themselves, but their placement on currency.
you think shitting on our constitution was a good defense against the commies? why? seems rather stupid, really...tear down your own nation to show it is better than another? stupid and cowardly...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Vikings?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
We are.
<quoted text>
no, you should go that far as it is in clear conflict with the secular nation we were founded to be...
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What act would that be?????
civil rights act. interracial marriage is a matter of race.
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what makes you think they have a right to deny doing this part of the job they signed up to do? just because Target appeased them does not mean they have this right.
again freedom to worship does not extend into the real world. it stays in your cult walls...
in the cases of walmart and target, the free market has spoken. free economics made the decision for them. the courts and big brother did not have to get involved. sd let freedom speak.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean it isn't printed on pink paper with a lace border?
Not unless all the other marriage licenses are printed on pink paper with a lace border......lol!!!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

barry wrote:
<quoted text>in the cases of walmart and target, the free market has spoken. free economics made the decision for them. the courts and big brother did not have to get involved. sd let freedom speak.
no, the corporation made a decision on its own...

again, this has nothing to do with their religious freedom. they had no religious freedom right to refuse to do part of their job.

you really think we have free markets in the US? what rock are you hiding under?
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they don't. If the employer sells pork, then the customer is able to buy pork without discrimination. The accommodation that the employer makes to the employee--putting him into a job that doesn't bring him into contact with pork--is not even close to refusing to sell to the customer. The flower shop refused to sell a product that they offer to the public. That is discrimination, just as much as a real estate or rental agent refusing to show a house, condo, or apartment to a black couple, mixed race couple, or same-sex couple.
<quoted text>
"that is not even close..." that was the point. his example was not only wrong it was comparing apples to oranges.

and your example is not applicable either as renting or selling a house/apartment is not about the event it would be about the race of the couple involved. not servicing a ssm wedding reception is not about the type of people that they are but is completely about the event. i doubt hat she would service a wedding reception between two lesbians nor would she service a "wedding" reception between two heterosexual males or females that might have formed a legal union that for whatever reason would be recognized by the state as a "marriage". it is totally about the event and not about the people involved as she already had a normal business relationship established with them.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

barry wrote:
<quoted text>civil rights act. interracial marriage is a matter of race.
sorry, dude the civil rights act had absolutely nothing to do with marriage in any way shape or form...

it would be best if you understood the issues you are attempting to talk about, lest you make a bigger ass of yourself than you already have...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That's silly. Pink is for girls. Blue paper with a lace border.:)
Seems you'd be wrong......I mean I've seen more pink dress shirts and ties for men than there should be......in fact pink looks good on some men and some aren't afraid to wear it.

Funny the way some people put stereotypes on the color of a person's cloths......wonder why?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Not unless all the other marriage licenses are printed on pink paper with a lace border......lol!!!
new business opportunity...designing decorator wedding licenses to match one's window treatments or china patterns, or even to match your wedding invitations...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>new business opportunity...designing decorator wedding licenses to match one's window treatments or china patterns, or even to match your wedding invitations...
Great idea, not sure the State would agree......lol!!!

Though one could copy their legal marriage license on any paper they want.......it won't take away from their legal one!!!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

barry wrote:
<quoted text>"that is not even close..." that was the point. his example was not only wrong it was comparing apples to oranges.
and your example is not applicable either as renting or selling a house/apartment is not about the event it would be about the race of the couple involved. not servicing a ssm wedding reception is not about the type of people that they are but is completely about the event. i doubt hat she would service a wedding reception between two lesbians nor would she service a "wedding" reception between two heterosexual males or females that might have formed a legal union that for whatever reason would be recognized by the state as a "marriage". it is totally about the event and not about the people involved as she already had a normal business relationship established with them.
The event was a marriage. She had serviced marriages before. The refusal was based on the participants, not the event.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Great idea, not sure the State would agree......lol!!!
Though one could copy their legal marriage license on any paper they want.......it won't take away from their legal one!!!
And the legal paperwork acknowledges that the ceremony was a "marriage" not a "gay marriage".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,881 - 5,900 of17,538
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••