North Carolina voters approve gay mar...

North Carolina voters approve gay marriage ban

There are 5908 comments on the NJ.com story from May 8, 2012, titled North Carolina voters approve gay marriage ban. In it, NJ.com reports that:

North Carolina voters approved a constitutional amendment today defining marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman, making it the 30th state to adopt such a ban.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NJ.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3182 Jun 1, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Well considering homosexuality isn't 'natural', I think we are done here.....
Homosexuality is perfectly natural if one is homosexual.

Moron!

Location hidden

#3183 Jun 1, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I like 'Reverend AssClown' too....LOL!
Ahhh. The true phony Christian surfaces..... HaHaHa

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#3184 Jun 1, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Once again, please post the verse where child molesters are mentioned in the buy bull.
You have it...sorry, you are a liar...proven so...bye bye...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3185 Jun 1, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh. The true phony Christian surfaces..... HaHaHa
Phony how??? Are Chistians allowed a good laugh????

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3186 Jun 1, 2012
The reason was life expectancy you nut. 23 was middle aged
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. In biblical times it was common for infants to be auctioned off for a bride price and "married" They didn't wait until they were 18 to consummate the marriage.
In 1900 you know what the age of consent was in many states? TEN YEARS OLD ("A Guide to America's $ex Laws - Silbaugh/Posner") Know why? Because 'good Christian legislators' were making the laws using a bible that doesn't say one word about adults having $ex with children even though it thinks to mention bestia1ity. Was god more concerned with the welfare of animals than children? Evidently so. And that's why it's frightening that the Christians want to regain control of things. We'll be back to adults marrying children because it was 'biblical'.
It's modern psychology, which you all hate, that began doing studies and collecting evidence that children as old as 17 can be harmed by $exual relationships with adults. This is the same modern psychology that says homosexuality is normal and healthy. The testimony of these psychologists has been used to RAISE the age of consent in every state in the US.
So let's look to modern psychology and actual facts to make our laws instead of your bronze age middle eastern desert tribe that didn't understand a thing about human sexuality.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3187 Jun 1, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
That it's wrong for an adult to have sex with a child? Really??? What age limits does it put on it? Which verse???
LOL.
Sorry, you don't get to 'revise' your criteria.....you are a liar! Be gone!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3188 Jun 1, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is perfectly natural if one is homosexual.
Moron!
...and lying is perfectly natural is one is a sociopath, but we don't seek out 'lying rights' for them now do we????

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3189 Jun 1, 2012
That is an unsubstantiated lie. NEVER have they followed wild animals around for their entire life to know this
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very natural. In fact there are many animal species that have a percentage of their population that is exclusively homosexual and will never in their lifetime mate with the opposite gender or reproduce.

Location hidden

#3190 Jun 1, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
...and lying is perfectly natural is one is a sociopath, but we don't seek out 'lying rights' for them now do we????
Straw man argument.
Back to your sandbox child.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3191 Jun 1, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw man argument.
Back to your sandbox child.
Straw man--code for "I really don't have a good response for that, so I'll just ignore it and hope it goes away"

Got it! See you on the swings!

Since: Oct 11

Beggs, OK

#3192 Jun 1, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
The reason was life expectancy you nut. 23 was middle aged
<quoted text>
So you think that if the life expectancy was 46 that would justify an adult having sex with a prepubescent child? Try using your brain.

Beggs, OK

#3193 Jun 1, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you don't get to 'revise' your criteria.....you are a liar! Be gone!
The original criteria was that you were going to show us a verse from the bible that condemned child molesters or child molestation. You still haven't done that. Know why? It's not in there.

Beggs, OK

#3194 Jun 1, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
That is an unsubstantiated lie. NEVER have they followed wild animals around for their entire life to know this
<quoted text>
Yes they have and they do. They often tag and monitor animal populations. Plus there are plenty of people that keep animals and can tell you clearly that some will never mate with the opposite sex and do mate with the same sex.

Beggs, OK

#3195 Jun 1, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
<quoted text>
Try going to youtube and searching on "homosexuality in animals" if you don't believe me.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3196 Jun 1, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
The original criteria was that you were going to show us a verse from the bible that condemned child molesters or child molestation. You still haven't done that. Know why? It's not in there.
You must not know how to read, because it's in there not once..but twice...that make you a 2 time liar....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3197 Jun 1, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
<quoted text>
They just make all kinds of unsubstantiated nonsense trying to make sense out of nonsense. It's a desperate ploy, pretty pathetic really....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3198 Jun 1, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they have and they do. They often tag and monitor animal populations. Plus there are plenty of people that keep animals and can tell you clearly that some will never mate with the opposite sex and do mate with the same sex.
Let me ask you...on these videos, do they show a 'female' in the area of two male animals????

“A long time ago”

Since: Nov 09

in a galaxy far, far away....

#3199 Jun 1, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
I don't think we NEED to. Lying isn't against the law.

But sociopaths cause harm to unwilling victims. This is not analogous to homosexuality, which involves only consenting adults. There is no "victim".

Why are some people so quick to associate homosexuality with crimes that victimize someone? Does it harm you if someone is gay, or if they choose a partner? Should they be arrested and imprisoned for doing so? Are all the sociopaths in your life very similar to all the gay people in your life? Do you know many of either? Do you really think this is a fair comparison, and on what basis?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3200 Jun 1, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we NEED to. Lying isn't against the law.
But sociopaths cause harm to unwilling victims. This is not analogous to homosexuality, which involves only consenting adults. There is no "victim".
Why are some people so quick to associate homosexuality with crimes that victimize someone? Does it harm you if someone is gay, or if they choose a partner? Should they be arrested and imprisoned for doing so? Are all the sociopaths in your life very similar to all the gay people in your life? Do you know many of either? Do you really think this is a fair comparison, and on what basis?
You make a good point...you said lying isn't against the law...homosexuality isn't either.....

I would venture to say society is the victim of open homosexuality, as it forces us to subject our children to it, and our consciences to it.

Location hidden

#3201 Jun 1, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a good point...you said lying isn't against the law...homosexuality isn't either.....
I would venture to say society is the victim of open homosexuality, as it forces us to subject our children to it, and our consciences to it.
No it doesn't. Your children are simply learning to accept people as they are. They don't have to be homosexual if that isn't how they are in the first place. IOWs they are learning to be accepting of all people instead of being bigots. What's wrong with that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Arizona sheriff, Trump ally Joe Arpaio runni... 1 min Guest 96
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min flack 1,681,337
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min Bruddah Z 326,097
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 2 min Frankie Rizzo 773
News Bipartisan deal would create 12-year citizenshi... 3 min Doe 96
News Donald Trump DID Call Countries 'Shitholes' & H... 4 min OccupyThis 54
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 5 min spocko 93
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Freedom of the Press 51,765
News Oprah speech has Democrats buzzing about possib... 17 min youll shoot your ... 489
News Members of Haitian community react to Trump's c... 1 hr Naturally Wired 346
More from around the web