White House Preps Carbon Tax - Let's ...

White House Preps Carbon Tax - Let's Call It 'ObamaAir'

There are 8 comments on the Forbes.com story from Jun 21, 2013, titled White House Preps Carbon Tax - Let's Call It 'ObamaAir'. In it, Forbes.com reports that:

President Obama appears ready to expend all the political capital he has left to push legislation aimed at making America's electric power plants pay for every ton of carbon they huff into the air.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Forbes.com.

LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#1 Jun 21, 2013
If they go for a carbon surcharge (let's not assume a tax until they define it) with rebates or as an alternative tax to income and payroll (with consequent reductions on those taxes) I applaud.

But they have to make it GLOBAL and get agreement nearly worldwide on setting a specific price, otherwise US industry will be put in difficulty. China already has an advantage on cheap (but highly polluting) coal power. A carbon tax would 'equalize' the advantages between countries as well as being an effective method of reducing the costs of AGW.

That it is the "right thing to do' is just a bonus.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#2 Jun 21, 2013
P.S. Has anyone else noticed how stupid, economically silly and scientifically ignorant Forbes has become? Are they owned by big oil now?
MoralMajority

Carmel, IN

#3 Jun 21, 2013
An environazi? A do gooder with a few brain cells unfortunately missing? A do gooder unable to fathom the adverse unintended consequences of their hairbrain DEMORATIC schemes? Ho'bama is the biggest piece of treasonous shat to ever be foisted on the new dumbed down America.
alan

Batchelor, LA

#4 Jun 21, 2013
what I noticed is youre posting from Canada?stay out of American companies business!use your energy to tell china and others who pollute much more than the usa does,! what you think!stick your carbon tax where the sun doesent shine!!!!
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#5 Jun 22, 2013
Note. Rather than calling it after Obama, it would be more correct to call it after reality. AGW isn't 'political theater', so much as standard physics and that affects the entire planet, NOT the USA.
alan

Livonia, LA

#6 Jul 3, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Note. Rather than calling it after Obama, it would be more correct to call it after reality. AGW isn't 'political theater', so much as standard physics and that affects the entire planet, NOT the USA.
the rest of the world knows how full of shit you and Obama both are?when Obama takes this crap to china would you like to bet on what finger they give him?how much debt does the usa owe china?obama is a joke to china and he has made the usa so by his being pres!he cant demand anything of these other countries so only businesses in the states will suffer!lets not forget how much money green investors like soros and gore will make!maybe Obama gets some of this too?you don't know?
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#7 Jul 3, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>the rest of the world knows how full of shit you and Obama both are?
I doubt if they know who I am and I don't speak for Obama. I understand the science and when it comes down to the bottom line, reality ALWAYS wins over rhetoric like yours.
alan wrote:
<quoted text>when Obama takes this crap to china would you like to bet on what finger they give him?
China is actually fairly well invested in countering AGW, partly due to the obvious problems with their use of fossil fuels. I really think that they should invest in heavy water thorium fueled nuclear, especially around the industrial core where air quality is abysmal.
alan wrote:
<quoted text>how much debt does the usa owe china?
The national debt was established LONG before Obama and most of it was committed under GWB. I do think that long term we have to stop borrowing so much as debt payments start to become a major burden on services. But the current recovery is the wrong time to try 'austerity' since too much belt tightening would collapse the consumer market. It is a tightrope, and the infighting with the 'fanatical' right wingers and their 'solemn oaths' to fight any and all bipartisan deals is not helping.
alan wrote:
<quoted text>obama is a joke to china and he has made the usa so by his being pres!
Reality is that Obama is better received overseas than he is in the USA (among those who cannot understand capitalizing the first word in a sentence).
alan wrote:
<quoted text>he cant demand anything of these other countries so only businesses in the states will suffer!
Most of the work in China is controlled by USA based corporations and they get most of the profits. I agree that this 'corporate slave labor' won't last long term but what does? And do you have a plan or suggestion that might be of some positive use?
alan wrote:
<quoted text>lets not forget how much money green investors like soros and gore will make!
I dunno. Most of the denialist trolls here seem to have bet on the fossil fuel industry as having larger profits. Whichever is smarter will make the biggest pile though. That's markets for you. Note that there is a major change in corporations to embrace green projects as the 'next wave' instead of becoming the next 'rust belt America'.
alan wrote:
<quoted text>maybe Obama gets some of this too?you don't know?
I have no idea if Obama has any investment in green energy projects. Likely not. But the main issue is that the SCIENCE is real, and obviously you cannot address THAT.
alan

Maringouin, LA

#8 Jul 15, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt if they know who I am and I don't speak for Obama. I understand the science and when it comes down to the bottom line, reality ALWAYS wins over rhetoric like yours.
<quoted text>
China is actually fairly well invested in countering AGW, partly due to the obvious problems with their use of fossil fuels. I really think that they should invest in heavy water thorium fueled nuclear, especially around the industrial core where air quality is abysmal.
<quoted text>
The national debt was established LONG before Obama and most of it was committed under GWB. I do think that long term we have to stop borrowing so much as debt payments start to become a major burden on services. But the current recovery is the wrong time to try 'austerity' since too much belt tightening would collapse the consumer market. It is a tightrope, and the infighting with the 'fanatical' right wingers and their 'solemn oaths' to fight any and all bipartisan deals is not helping.
<quoted text>
Reality is that Obama is better received overseas than he is in the USA (among those who cannot understand capitalizing the first word in a sentence).
<quoted text>
Most of the work in China is controlled by USA based corporations and they get most of the profits. I agree that this 'corporate slave labor' won't last long term but what does? And do you have a plan or suggestion that might be of some positive use?
<quoted text>
I dunno. Most of the denialist trolls here seem to have bet on the fossil fuel industry as having larger profits. Whichever is smarter will make the biggest pile though. That's markets for you. Note that there is a major change in corporations to embrace green projects as the 'next wave' instead of becoming the next 'rust belt America'.
<quoted text>
I have no idea if Obama has any investment in green energy projects. Likely not. But the main issue is that the SCIENCE is real, and obviously you cannot address THAT.
just keep on blowing smoke and odummys root?by the way name successful green projects verses those that have failed at tax payer expense?tell us how much kickback gore and soros have given and to who?obama should be investigated in future revenues?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min katrina 88 387,872
News Five things Trump must do to win the election :0 6 min Mullahing It Over 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,394,679
News Undocumented entrepreneur faces uncertain fate 9 min Synque 16
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 228,428
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 13 min Retired SOF 887
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 14 min DENG 1,252
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 15 min Retired SOF 241
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 26 min Cat74 92
More from around the web