Democrats seek to give states say over marijuana, levy tax

Feb 5, 2013 Full story: WTAX-AM Springfield

The states would be free to decide whether to legalize marijuana without running afoul of federal law but would require purchasers to pay federal taxes on its sale under legislation being proposed by two Democratic lawmakers.

Read more
Way to ensure failure

Puyallup, WA

#1 Feb 5, 2013
That's it folks, tax the crap out of it. Make it more expensive than the black market so the corner dealer stays in business.. Do so, that way you can say legalization failed. When will people learn? My guess is, with our government thugs, never would be the correct guess. Just legalize and keep your hands out of the pot (no pun intended), doing otherwise will only make things worse. Wisen-up folks...
Way to ensure failure

United States

#2 Feb 5, 2013
Also, what a wonderful way to grow government again... after all, we will need to a thousands of employees to 'monitor' the establishments, auditors, auditors for the IRS, teams to raid those not in compliance, licensing personnel, testers to ensure whatnots such as thc content etc, interstate border enforcement... the list grows quickly along with the costs associated. What a waste the dems are proposing... again, legalize and keep your hands out of the pot.
jason

Conroe, TX

#3 Feb 8, 2013
I agree, he is correct

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Sunshine 175,599
News Poll: Hillary Clinton still tops in 2016 6 min woodtick57 172
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min woodtick57 1,205,957
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min positronium 320,017
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min Mr_SKY 154,571
News Harry Reid to retire, will not be seeking re-el... 18 min barefoot2626 36
News Giuliani explains why Obama doesn't love America 25 min mjjcpa 1,070
News Ted Cruz Announces White House Bid 36 min woodtick57 232
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 40 min woodtick57 6,279
News Cheney: Obama Is 'Worst President in My Lifetime' 48 min woodtick57 301
More from around the web