Poll: Americans do not want US involv...

Poll: Americans do not want US involved in Syria

There are 342 comments on the Jerusalem Post story from May 1, 2013, titled Poll: Americans do not want US involved in Syria. In it, Jerusalem Post reports that:

WASHINGTON- Most Americans do not want to intervene in Syria's civil war, although the percentage in favor more than doubles if President Bashar Assad's forces use chemical weapons against their people, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jerusalem Post.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#42 May 7, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, and Food Stamp levels keep rising while millions of Americans are now working part time minimum wage jobs!
Say, can you get those foodstamps, there in Connecticutt?....Can ya?......
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#43 May 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Say, can you get those foodstamps, there in Connecticutt?....Can ya?......
You can get them all over America! Those poor bastards are suffering all over the country.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#44 May 8, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> You can get them all over America! Those poor bastards are suffering all over the country.
Should'nt you be thinking of your country, Syria? When do you leave?
Syrian

New London, CT

#45 May 8, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Should'nt you be thinking of your country, Syria? When do you leave?
They can do just fine on their own.
wacosaki

Saint Paul, MN

#46 May 8, 2013
Nuke them all

“ALL LIVES MATTER!!!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#47 May 8, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Any involvement must include inclusion in a multi-national coalition.....i'm thinking special ops and a dose of precision bombing....Kill Assad...
The only operation we should have already done is destroying as much of Assad's WMD storage, manufacturing and delivery systems as possible. We won't get them all but at least when AQ does take over they will not get his whole stockpile intact.
Syrian

New London, CT

#48 May 8, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
The only operation we should have already done is destroying as much of Assad's WMD storage, manufacturing and delivery systems as possible. We won't get them all but at least when AQ does take over they will not get his whole stockpile intact.
The only way AQ will get them is by breathing them in.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#49 May 9, 2013
wacosaki wrote:
Nuke them all
There's another vote for genocide...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#50 May 9, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
The only operation we should have already done is destroying as much of Assad's WMD storage, manufacturing and delivery systems as possible. We won't get them all but at least when AQ does take over they will not get his whole stockpile intact.
Careful....any attempt to destroy those chemicals, could turn out even worse.....Destroy Assad and his family, through pinpoint stealth bombing..... at once......
ocxz

Reunion

#51 May 9, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Careful....any attempt to destroy those chemicals, could turn out even worse.....Destroy Assad and his family, through pinpoint stealth bombing..... at once......
yes let us quickly put a Al-Qaeda operative in charge...at once
ocxz

Reunion

#52 May 9, 2013
wacosaki wrote:
Nuke them all
Wacko + Nagasaki = wacosaki

“ALL LIVES MATTER!!!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#53 May 9, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Careful....any attempt to destroy those chemicals, could turn out even worse.....Destroy Assad and his family, through pinpoint stealth bombing..... at once......
NO! We don't want to choice sides, not yet. Let them fight for a while. Syria was the 2nd largest producers of foreign fighters in Iraq, Libya was the first. Now look those countries! Let Assad pay for that. But let's NOT give a country with somewhat modern weapons to AQ, like we did Libya and gave the Muslim Brotherhood to Egypt. We need to take as much of that out as possible, while we still can on the cheap.
orion

Somerset West, South Africa

#54 May 9, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
The only operation we should have already done is destroying as much of Assad's WMD storage, manufacturing and delivery systems as possible. We won't get them all but at least when AQ does take over they will not get his whole stockpile intact.
Yes the same way we destroyed Saddam imaginary WMD! Stop fooling the world it is just BS.
Syrian

New London, CT

#55 May 9, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
yes let us quickly put a Al-Qaeda operative in charge...at once
LOL!!!

“ALL LIVES MATTER!!!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#56 May 10, 2013
orion wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the same way we destroyed Saddam imaginary WMD! Stop fooling the world it is just BS.
We were not the only ones that thought he had them!
Dilettantes R US

United States

#57 May 10, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
We were not the only ones that thought he had them!
You been brainwashed pretty good, fellah.

We did everything we could to cut the inspectors off at the knees BEFORE they concluded there were no WMD, and not by accident.

The entire thing was a ruse. "We thought he had them" Bwahaahaa.

“ALL LIVES MATTER!!!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#58 May 10, 2013
Dilettantes R US wrote:
<quoted text>
You been brainwashed pretty good, fellah.
We did everything we could to cut the inspectors off at the knees BEFORE they concluded there were no WMD, and not by accident.
The entire thing was a ruse. "We thought he had them" Bwahaahaa.
I guess 12 years and 17 UN resolutions wasn't enough time for Saddam?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#59 May 10, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess 12 years and 17 UN resolutions wasn't enough time for Saddam?
Over 4,000 dead American's in Iraq, was waaay too much for me......

“ALL LIVES MATTER!!!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#60 May 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Over 4,000 dead American's in Iraq, was waaay too much for me......
Our other option was, allow him to stay in power and re-start his WMD program. HIS words not mine. One of his sons take over a country with vast oil wealth, AND a stockpile of new weapons. THEN this cycle starts all over again. THAT is too much for me. GW did the hard right choice unlike his dad nor Clinton.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#61 May 10, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess 12 years and 17 UN resolutions wasn't enough time for Saddam?
Give us a list of the U.N. Resolutions followed by the State of Israel, please...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Jay 193,534
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 5 min too lazy to log in 198
News Drowning in Weak Polling, How Long Can Lindsey ... 6 min Maggie Gallaghers... 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dale 196,926
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 11 min NorCal Native 1,414
Iran Nuclear Agreement: Black Mark or Gold Star... 12 min bmz 906
News Clinton: Republicans Want to Round Up Illegal I... 14 min wild child 10
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min RoxLo 1,274,953
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 46 min Agents of Corruption 340,729
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 56 min Responsibiility 125
More from around the web