Thousands pray for US at 'America for...

Thousands pray for US at 'America for Jesus' rally

There are 130 comments on the Bellingham Herald story from Sep 29, 2012, titled Thousands pray for US at 'America for Jesus' rally. In it, Bellingham Herald reports that:

Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson and Family Research Council president Tony Perkins topped a full day of speakers at "The America for Jesus 2012" prayer rally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bellingham Herald.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#127 Oct 2, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to be born in the US to be President.
You birthers just need to move on.
Actually, you do need to have been born an American citizen in order to be president of the USA. They explain it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-cit...

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#128 Oct 2, 2012
Birthers are just grasping at straws. Obama's mother is American, so her son is American regardless where he might have been born.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#129 Oct 2, 2012
However, as Rose said, "you don't have to be born in the USA to be President."
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you do need to have been born an American citizen in order to be president of the USA. They explain it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-cit...

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#130 Oct 2, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
People who say there is no God and no Heaven will get exactly what they want so badly after they die, which is...... nothing.
Prove it.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#131 Oct 2, 2012
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you need to be born a citizen. And you can be born a citizen without being born in the US.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#132 Oct 3, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
My idea of righteous is simply from the teaching, preaching, and practices of Jesus as described in the KJV version of the Bible.
Was that the bible re-written for the gay king that ruled by your god's divine right? man! that must lead to some serious theological conundrums...

What about Jesus' earlier incarnation as god in the OT?

St. Croix valley

#133 Oct 3, 2012
American Lady wrote:
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.
For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever.
Amen
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
I'm kinda old school and prefer the pledge as it was written, before the tacky, untrue "under god" part was stuck in there and ruined the whole cadence, beauty and truth of the pledge...

St. Croix valley

#134 Oct 3, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
People who say there is no God and no Heaven will get exactly what they want so badly after they die, which is...... nothing.
Ame as every ohter human...

St. Croix valley

#135 Oct 3, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Nope,just most of 'em..... I DO know some agnostic conservatives but they don't get jazzed about religion like the liberals do. Mention God around some libs and its like raw meat in front of a chained pitbull. They just GOTTA tell you how there ain't no God and are damned if they are gonna leave you alone until you agree with them. THAT kinda liberal is the kind whose azz I hope gets chapped.
mention some mythical god in front of people like you and they go off like a pit bull with AIDS like you do....
TheTroll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#136 Oct 3, 2012
American Lady wrote:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"I plead alignment to the flakes of the Untitled Snakes of A Merry Cow, and to the Republicans for which they scam, one nacho underpants, indigestible, with licorice and jugs of wine for owls."

Apologies to Matt Groening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill to loosen financial rules would save $24 b... 1 min discocrisco 1
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 2 min SmokinJoe 204
News Notre Dame graduates walk out on Pence as he to... 3 min californio 22
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min BlueFlag 1,534,182
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 5 min Barmsweb 84,642
News Texas Senate approves 'religious refusal' adopt... 6 min The Troll Stopper 11
News FBI Director James Comey fired, White House say... 6 min INFIDEL 204
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Hollywood tape 269,648
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min Buster Steinbeizer 240,779
News James Comey fired as FBI director 1 hr Big Al 2,287
News White House rebuts Washington Post report of Tr... 2 hr girlcrush 600
More from around the web