Exonerated man charged in shooting

Exonerated man charged in shooting

There are 9 comments on the WPTV Local News story from Jul 31, 2012, titled Exonerated man charged in shooting. In it, WPTV Local News reports that:

A Florida man who spent more than two decades in prison before he was exonerated of rape and paid more than $1 million has been charged with attempted murder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPTV Local News.

Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#1 Jul 31, 2012
I'm sure whats left of that million will buy plenty of cokes and smokes in prison! Good riddance!
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Jul 31, 2012
Why am I not surprised ?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3 Jul 31, 2012
PTSD, imprisonment has more mental affects than people who have not been subjected to it can understand. The unjustice part im surely only magnified this x10. Sad Story . $ 1 million or 10 couldnt fix the mental damage that it caused obv.
William D-Fens Foster

United States

#4 Aug 1, 2012
Florida prosecutors are quick to send anyone to prison, guilty or not. Here's what they do: they threaten with outlandish and huge charges, knowing that you will be so terrified you will cling to any offer they make like it is a lifeline and you will be "thankful" they were so "merciful". The CJS is a mess and I'm surprised that the US population hasn't started the revolution yet. There are more of us than there are of them.
Remember Remember the 5th of November.
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Aug 1, 2012
William D-Fens Foster wrote:
Florida prosecutors are quick to send anyone to prison, guilty or not. Here's what they do: they threaten with outlandish and huge charges, knowing that you will be so terrified you will cling to any offer they make like it is a lifeline and you will be "thankful" they were so "merciful". The CJS is a mess and I'm surprised that the US population hasn't started the revolution yet. There are more of us than there are of them.
Remember Remember the 5th of November.
They do that everywhere, I once figured where I worked that they had the capacity to have 80 felony trials a year scare and dare is just part of the system now.

Would be an interesting system if you had to try someone for what you arrested them for.
William D-Fens Foster

United States

#6 Aug 2, 2012
It puts our cjs in reverse of what it was built to be.
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Aug 2, 2012
William D-Fens Foster wrote:
It puts our cjs in reverse of what it was built to be.
Yes to set it right we need more judges and courtrooms or less criminals.

I noticed in a lot of places it is at all levels not just major crimes. You get hit with a minor violation like traffic or misdemeanor court where and it is not so easy or over charge what they do then is tell you that you can plea out and pay your fine or remind you that the maximum fine is a year in jail and a $ 1,000 if you want t trial.
William D-Fens Foster

United States

#8 Aug 2, 2012
A people should never fear their government. A government should always fear its people.
William D-Fens Foster

United States

#9 Aug 2, 2012
Incidentally, we also need fewer and less-corrupt law enforcement and prosecutors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Mr Wiggley 47,222
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,659,287
News School Segregation: The Evil of a Racist Nation 12 min Gunnery Sgt Hardin 7
News Nielsen Talks Tough On Immigration During First... 14 min freebird 4
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 20 min positronium 8,796
News Nevada Democrat, facing ethics probe, won't see... 27 min RustyS 1
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 30 min Patriot AKA Bozo 1,674
News Kentucky reeling from sexual assault, harassmen... 1 hr See The Light 15
News White House: FBI records show 'extreme bias' ag... 1 hr Retribution 40
News Democrats silent on whether Trump should resign... 3 hr See The Light 73
More from around the web