Tiger victim's kin file claim against San Francisco

May 17, 2008 Full story: www.cnn.com 427

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- The parents of a teenager killed by an escaped tiger at the San Francisco Zoo filed a claim against the city Thursday, seeking monetary compensation for the mauling of their 17-year-old son.

Full Story
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 May 17, 2008
"They didn't house the animal properly, so they are responsible for both the death of Carlos Sousa Jr. and the tiger," Cardoza said. "If they had done their job properly, neither one of them would be dead."

I disagree with the family (and their lawyer). If those young men had not taunted and harassed that tiger, they'd both be alive today.
Grim Reaper Fan

Maitland, FL

#2 May 17, 2008
I wish I could represent the Zoo in their counter claim agaainst the estate for the death of the tiger. Maybe the kid was gay, so the lawyer knows that a San Franqueersco jury would give them all they want.
When people get burned up in California luxury homes located at Blow Torch Canyon; when they get ate up by bears while camping under signs that reads " Caution Bear Country," when idiots living on barrier islands drown because they won`t leave when a hurricane looms; when people become bags of goo when their parachutes don`t work while sky diving; or cave explorers drown while scuba diving, I say tough luck.
Thank Mendel this kid died before reproducing. His loss will benefit the gene pool and maybe other idiots won`t screw around with alligators, rattle snakes and Zoo animals.
leo from shanghai

United States

#3 May 17, 2008
parents should have hired AL SHARPTON for a 'NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE" shakedown of pc city offocials.

“make mine a double, please”

Since: Sep 07

chicago

#4 May 17, 2008
Grim Reaper Fan wrote:
I wish I could represent the Zoo in their counter claim agaainst the estate for the death of the tiger. Maybe the kid was gay, so the lawyer knows that a San Franqueersco jury would give them all they want.
When people get burned up in California luxury homes located at Blow Torch Canyon; when they get ate up by bears while camping under signs that reads " Caution Bear Country," when idiots living on barrier islands drown because they won`t leave when a hurricane looms; when people become bags of goo when their parachutes don`t work while sky diving; or cave explorers drown while scuba diving, I say tough luck.
Thank Mendel this kid died before reproducing. His loss will benefit the gene pool and maybe other idiots won`t screw around with alligators, rattle snakes and Zoo animals.
i just can't help wondering ...
just prior to the tiger attacking, did he say ...
"hey, ya'll, watch this!".
NotFromNJ

United States

#5 May 17, 2008
Sunnydale wrote:
"They didn't house the animal properly, so they are responsible for both the death of Carlos Sousa Jr. and the tiger," Cardoza said. "If they had done their job properly, neither one of them would be dead."
I disagree with the family (and their lawyer). If those young men had not taunted and harassed that tiger, they'd both be alive today.
Oh, give me a break. After all these years, the tiger just decided to attack? You dont think the the fact grown men going to the zoo on Christmas night, drunk off their asses armed with all sorts of stuff to throw and taunt a CAGED wild animal, meant no harm? They caused this and DESERVE nothing! Grown men taunting a caged animal are nothing more then scum. The ONLY mistakes made the the tiger did not maul those two losers before it was shot. Oh by the way, they both had a laundry list of arrests, and have been in trouble since. They are LOSERS and anyone who for one minute supports their tax dollars going towards a trial are idiots.
johnny canuk

Vancouver, Canada

#6 May 17, 2008
......the dirty little bastard got what he deserved....

he's still better off than the tiger!...

Judged:

12

11

3

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dr Joseph Gobels

Chicago, IL

#7 May 17, 2008
Okay, correct me if I'm wrong:
1. I get crap-faced drunk, smoke reefers of pot, stick my member out at the tiger, begging for a BJ from him, and then I get mauled and die from the tiger's bites and claws. Then my family hires a shyster, suing for the tiger mauling and killing me?
Is there something wrong with this scenario, people?
Tigers Rule

Jersey City, NJ

#8 May 17, 2008
not a penny!

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#9 May 17, 2008
"Dr Joseph Gobels"
Okay, correct me if I'm wrong:
1. I get crap-faced drunk, smoke reefers of pot, stick my member out at the tiger, begging for a BJ from him, and then I get mauled and die from the tiger's bites and claws. Then my family hires a shyster, suing for the tiger mauling and killing me?
Is there something wrong with this scenario, people?

yes there is something wrong with it,money grubbing parents and lawyers,

“Where is my Spell Checker?”

Since: Nov 07

DFW Metroplex

#10 May 17, 2008
Anyone want to bet the Zoo will settle???

I am not saying that is the thing to do, but they will!!!!
Animal Rights Advocate

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#11 May 17, 2008
WHERE ARE THE ANIMAL RIGHTS LAWYERS?! I grew up in Africa and personally do not like zoos but this is ridiculous! Taunt another human being and you're going to get beat up, and humans are supposed to be civilized. Tigers are beautiful WILD animals no matter where they are housed. PLEASE, SAN FRANCISCO, DON'T SETTLE - the family does not deserve the money, instead they should be in a drug rehab program so that their other dumb offspring do not commit the same crime.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#12 May 17, 2008
NotFromNJ wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, give me a break. After all these years, the tiger just decided to attack? You dont think the the fact grown men going to the zoo on Christmas night, drunk off their asses armed with all sorts of stuff to throw and taunt a CAGED wild animal, meant no harm? They caused this and DESERVE nothing! Grown men taunting a caged animal are nothing more then scum. The ONLY mistakes made the the tiger did not maul those two losers before it was shot. Oh by the way, they both had a laundry list of arrests, and have been in trouble since. They are LOSERS and anyone who for one minute supports their tax dollars going towards a trial are idiots.
I think we are in violent agreement. It seems you mistook the quote I was referencing from the article for my opinion. I stated that, "I disagree with the family (and their lawyer). If those young men had not taunted and harassed that tiger, they'd both be alive today."
Buzzzz57

Easton, PA

#13 May 17, 2008
You play, you pay and that the scum-bags did. It is sad that the tiger was killed/punished for his actions.
Rick of Lake Havasu City

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#14 May 17, 2008
And an other family hits the Jockpot.

Pay me,
Pay me,
Pay me,
Pay me,
Pay me,
Pay me,

Gayle Beckendorf

Scottsmoor, FL

#15 May 17, 2008
Grim Reaper Fan wrote:
I wish I could represent the Zoo in their counter claim agaainst the estate for the death of the tiger. Maybe the kid was gay, so the lawyer knows that a San Franqueersco jury would give them all they want.
When people get burned up in California luxury homes located at Blow Torch Canyon; when they get ate up by bears while camping under signs that reads " Caution Bear Country," when idiots living on barrier islands drown because they won`t leave when a hurricane looms; when people become bags of goo when their parachutes don`t work while sky diving; or cave explorers drown while scuba diving, I say tough luck.
Thank Mendel this kid died before reproducing. His loss will benefit the gene poolv and maybe other idiots won`t screw around with alligators, rattle snakes and Zoo animals.
Still it was the Zoo's responsibility to make it impossible for the tiger to escape. Even small children unknowingly will taunt animals. Parents aren't perfect either so it is again the Zoo's responsibility to keep us totally safe. And you, sir do not know the value of that young man's life, do you? Why you probably don't know him at all.

Judged:

18

17

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gayle Beckendorf

Scottsmoor, FL

#16 May 17, 2008
Still it was the Zoo's resonsibility to make it impossible for the tiger to escape. Even small children unknowingly will taunt animals. Parent's aren't perfect either so it is again the Zoo's responsibility to keep us totally safe. And you, sir do not know the value of that young man's life, do you? Why you probaly don't know him at all.

Judged:

16

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dr Joseph Gobels

Belleville, IL

#17 May 17, 2008
Gayle Beckendorf wrote:
Still it was the Zoo's resonsibility to make it impossible for the tiger to escape. Even small children unknowingly will taunt animals. Parent's aren't perfect either so it is again the Zoo's responsibility to keep us totally safe. And you, sir do not know the value of that young man's life, do you? Why you probaly don't know him at all.
Total idiotic comment.
This scenario played out like it should have:
drunken bum kid taunts tiger, tiger kills kid.
Tiger gets death penalty for it, loses a soft life in zoo. How about a shyster out there suing on the tiger's behalf to get a portion of the undeserved settlement the kid's family is bound to get.

Judged:

11

10

4

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Educated, Cultured Redneck”

Since: May 08

Dandridge

#18 May 17, 2008
Let the parents sue and win millions. Then let the people who would like to see Tatiana and the zoo file a class action suit against the parents. They should have taught that young man not to taunt something capable of eating him. And if they have any other children CPS should step in and take those kids away because it's obvious there's abuse going on in that household.
Its all zoo to me

Atlanta, GA

#19 May 17, 2008
I am willing to bet that these punks were throwing crap at the tiger which is a big difference from a small child teasing a tiger. This tiger looked at these idiots and thought well it looks as though I will have to teach these punks a lesson their stupid parents neglected to. To bad we didnít get the attack on a video phone, I would love to see that punks face when the tiger jumped up there and said like to play do you, well do you feel lucky punk?

“make mine a double, please”

Since: Sep 07

chicago

#20 May 17, 2008
Animal Rights Advocate wrote:
WHERE ARE THE ANIMAL RIGHTS LAWYERS?! I grew up in Africa and personally do not like zoos but this is ridiculous! Taunt another human being and you're going to get beat up, and humans are supposed to be civilized. Tigers are beautiful WILD animals no matter where they are housed. PLEASE, SAN FRANCISCO, DON'T SETTLE - the family does not deserve the money, instead they should be in a drug rehab program so that their other dumb offspring do not commit the same crime.
yeah, i'm suprised peta hasn't reared it's assinine head....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 2 min Black Rhino 2,816
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Patrick 1,110,633
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min DITCH MITCH 153,635
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 4 min Liberal forever 22,589
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min SevenTee 55,915
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min woodtick57 262,493
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 5 min redeemer 2,777
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 37 min reporterreport 116,650
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 2 hr yup 105
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••