February 15, 2003. The Day the World ...

February 15, 2003. The Day the World Said No to War.

There are 33 comments on the Common Dreams story from Feb 15, 2013, titled February 15, 2003. The Day the World Said No to War.. In it, Common Dreams reports that:

Ten years ago today, tens of thousands of protesters marched in the streets of San Francisco to voice their opposition to war in Iraq in the largest global day of protest the world had ever seen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Common Dreams.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Liberalism”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Feb 16, 2013
They told "no to war", or "yes to tyran Sadam Husein"?

“The Three Legged Man”

Since: Jul 11

Loughborough, UK

#2 Feb 16, 2013
european2012 wrote:
They told "no to war", or "yes to tyran Sadam Husein"?
They said no to war. They said no to people killing people.

That's very different to what you'd like them to be saying, you duplicitous, covetous, jealousy driven, socialist weasel.
ocxz

Pocé-sur-cisse, France

#3 Feb 16, 2013
european2012 wrote:
They told "no to war", or "yes to tyran Sadam Husein"?
you no european.
rio

UK

#4 Feb 17, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
you no european.
Neither are you !
ocxz

Paris, France

#5 Feb 17, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither are you !
lol
Why ?
are you brazilian ?
rio

UK

#6 Feb 17, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Why ?
are you brazilian ?
Reunion isn't in Europe.
rio

UK

#7 Feb 17, 2013
Reunion is an island living on French welfare. Not in Europe.
ocxz

Paris, France

#8 Feb 17, 2013
rio wrote:
Reunion is an island living on French welfare. Not in Europe.
ha ha
but it is part of europe, we have the status, he he.
Do you have a problem with French welfare ? Do you pay french taxes ?
rio

UK

#9 Feb 17, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha
but it is part of europe, we have the status, he he.
Do you have a problem with French welfare ? Do you pay french taxes ?
You are not part of Europe; just a colony of an European country.
That disqualifies you from speaking as an European.

The fact that Reunion only survives only thanks to heavy French subsidies says a lot.
If the French taxpayers only knew that their money serves your lazy lifestyle, there would be riots in France!
ocxz

Paris, France

#10 Feb 17, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not part of Europe; just a colony of an European country.
That disqualifies you from speaking as an European.
The fact that Reunion only survives only thanks to heavy French subsidies says a lot.
If the French taxpayers only knew that their money serves your lazy lifestyle, there would be riots in France!
ha ha

and european subsidies too.
yummy

but what do you worry, you don't pay taxes.
in the UK there are no taxes, no income tax, it is the paradise on earth, enjoy !
rio

UK

#11 Feb 17, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha
and european subsidies too.
yummy
but what do you worry, you don't pay taxes.
in the UK there are no taxes, no income tax, it is the paradise on earth, enjoy !
disgusting you mean.

Yes, we do pay taxes, income tax and others.
Giggs

Gillingham, UK

#12 Feb 17, 2013
european2012 wrote:
They told "no to war", or "yes to tyran Sadam Husein"?
I remember loads of us walking out of lesson in school as protest.

I say yes to sadam!

Sadam made sure those al Qa'ida fools were in check.

If they didnt like it they should have fought their own war.
ocxz

Paris, France

#13 Feb 17, 2013
Giggs wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember loads of us walking out of lesson in school as protest.
I say yes to sadam!
Sadam made sure those al Qa'ida fools were in check.
If they didnt like it they should have fought their own war.
I'm sure the majority of people in the UK were against the Iraq war.
People are not dumb.
ocxz

Paris, France

#14 Feb 17, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
disgusting you mean.
Yes, we do pay taxes, income tax and others.
yes and the UK government gives out welfare, and the UK gets subidies from the EU too.
It's a give and take situation.
The subsidies we get are part of development schemes and expensive road infrastructure, which of course such a small island like ours could not afford.
Every EU member gets its share.
We also pay taxes, and the welfare money comes from our taxes, not the EU by the way.
It is budgeted.
rio

Bromley, UK

#15 Feb 18, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
yes and the UK government gives out welfare, and the UK gets subidies from the EU too.
It's a give and take situation.
The subsidies we get are part of development schemes and expensive road infrastructure, which of course such a small island like ours could not afford.
Every EU member gets its share.
We also pay taxes, and the welfare money comes from our taxes, not the EU by the way.
It is budgeted.
The UK is a major contributor to the EU budget and a minor recipient.
Unfortunately, we give a lot and receive very little.
Britain gives welfare out of its own money; we don't need the EU for that.
Only regional projects receive sometimes EU money, but far less than other countries; we are a rich nation compared to some.

My objection is that, in the 21st century, a French colony in the middle of the Indian Ocean is considered part of the EU. It should be France's sole responsability, and France should pay for its development schemes and expensive road infrastructure, not other EU countries.

For example, some British isles, like Jersey, Guernesey, Sark and the Isle of Man are not considered part of the EU, although they are close to Brittany ot England. They receive absolutely nothing.

It's just another reason why Brits are increasingly Euroskeptic and want out of this madness.
Pugjit whaur

Manchester, UK

#16 Feb 18, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure the majority of people in the UK were against the Iraq war.
People are not dumb.
Not as dumb as Giggs the. Filthy pikey..
ocxz

Boulogne-billancourt, France

#19 Feb 18, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
The UK is a major contributor to the EU budget and a minor recipient.
Unfortunately, we give a lot and receive very little.
Britain gives welfare out of its own money; we don't need the EU for that.
Only regional projects receive sometimes EU money, but far less than other countries; we are a rich nation compared to some.
My objection is that, in the 21st century, a French colony in the middle of the Indian Ocean is considered part of the EU. It should be France's sole responsability, and France should pay for its development schemes and expensive road infrastructure, not other EU countries.
For example, some British isles, like Jersey, Guernesey, Sark and the Isle of Man are not considered part of the EU, although they are close to Brittany ot England. They receive absolutely nothing.
It's just another reason why Brits are increasingly Euroskeptic and want out of this madness.
Reunion is a department of France, not a colony.
It is part of France just like any other department like Ile-de-France or Bouches-du-Rhône.
And as for the UK being a major contributor and not receiving much, the least you could provide is some kind of proof.
You are talking accountancy there.

Since: Mar 12

Issy-les-moulineaux, France

#20 Feb 19, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
The UK is a major contributor to the EU budget and a minor recipient.
Unfortunately, we give a lot and receive very little.
Britain gives welfare out of its own money; we don't need the EU for that.
Only regional projects receive sometimes EU money, but far less than other countries; we are a rich nation compared to some.
My objection is that, in the 21st century, a French colony in the middle of the Indian Ocean is considered part of the EU. It should be France's sole responsability, and France should pay for its development schemes and expensive road infrastructure, not other EU countries.
For example, some British isles, like Jersey, Guernesey, Sark and the Isle of Man are not considered part of the EU, although they are close to Brittany ot England. They receive absolutely nothing.
It's just another reason why Brits are increasingly Euroskeptic and want out of this madness.
Réunion is is nice holiday destination on French territory, We'd like to keep them thank you. On the other hand, if you know the way to cut the anchor tying Corsica to the Continent, you are most welcome.
ocxz

Colombes, France

#21 Feb 19, 2013
Tigerrlily wrote:
<quoted text>
Réunion is is nice holiday destination on French territory, We'd like to keep them thank you. On the other hand, if you know the way to cut the anchor tying Corsica to the Continent, you are most welcome.
I'm totally in line with you concerning Corsica.
I don't understand all the special accomodations made for the Corsicans and the fact that they don't pay inheritance taxes like all frenchmen do.
Mind you when asked the majority don't want to gain independance.
But if there was a referendum and they chose to opt out i would not cry.
One good thing is they protect their beutiful coastline from land grabbing sharks.

Speaking of Reunion, one always seem to forget that it is a piece of Europe in the Indian Ocean, with all the fishing zones involved, regional cooperation with Africa & Indian Ocean territories, access to the Antartic territories, it is not a coincidence that all surrounding countries speak french.
Max Headroom

UK

#22 Feb 19, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither are you !
neither are you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House says Trump focused on minimizing sh... 2 min Trump is a joke 28
News Across the globe, rallies against Trump, sexual... 2 min Baptist ism by Proxy 44
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Riverside Rednek 52,987
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 2 min General Kabaka Oba 313
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 2 min Hudson 963
News Trump appointee resigns after racist, sexist an... 3 min Frankie Rizzo 72
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min No Surprize 1,684,877
News Shutdown divides services into essential and no... 8 min a poster 32
News Conservatives balk at GOP plan to avert governm... 16 min Trump is a joke 212
News US marches for women's rights slam Trump, encou... 50 min Trump is a joke 52
More from around the web