SF Zoo Tiger Attack "Victim" Goes to ...

SF Zoo Tiger Attack "Victim" Goes to Prison

There are 958 comments on the snafu-ed.blogspot.com story from Aug 16, 2008, titled SF Zoo Tiger Attack "Victim" Goes to Prison. In it, snafu-ed.blogspot.com reports that:

You'll recall the tiger attack that occurred last Christmas at the San Francisco Zoo. In it, Paul Dhaliwal and his older brother Kulbir, along with their friend Carlos Sousa Jr., were attacked by a tiger who escaped from her enclosure.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at snafu-ed.blogspot.com.

First Prev
of 48
Next Last

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 16, 2008
good that punk won't win a dime.
GOOGAA

Fremont, CA

#3 Aug 16, 2008
They were taunting that tiger, no doubt about it!

That is going to play into any award they may receive.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#4 Aug 16, 2008
chevelle_ss wrote:
good that punk won't win a dime.
so, apparently, occassionally there is justice. you know if only those 2 had declared themselves republicans, we could have got at the truth.
Chris Williams

Portland, OR

#5 Aug 17, 2008
Regardless of "taunting" the fence should have still been the recommended height. The zoo operators should prepare for every eventuality or else they should be considered negligent. You mean to tell me that out of the tens of thousands of people that visit such a busy zoo, they never expected any of the patrons to "taunt" the animals. Wake up sheeple and get a clue! And the brother's other legal troubles should not effect this lawsuit anyway. I don't care how nuch "taunting" was done, if the enclosure was safe, there should be no way of an animal escaping, no matter what the circumstances.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#7 Aug 17, 2008
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text> so, apparently, occassionally there is justice. you know if only those 2 had declared themselves republicans, we could have got at the truth.
Another escapee from the party of "unity"
GFY.

Since: Jul 08

Russell Springs, KY

#8 Aug 17, 2008
The [email protected] should have to pay for the tiger that they had to put down.

“Medicine Rocks”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#9 Aug 17, 2008
...suppose 'Bubba, Inc.' on Dblock has been keepin' up with this story & hopefully is a cat lover... that particular cat.

There is quite often a cost incurred if 'people' want to play jackass games.
Bobby

Etobicoke, Canada

#10 Aug 17, 2008
We still don't know exactly how the tigers escaped and some ppl commenting already have these guys guilty.
Makes you wonder....ppl look at the picture of the guy and make judgements

Rebecca Goodwin

“He went belly up!”

Since: Apr 08

Dont credit yourself so highly

#11 Aug 17, 2008
I make no judgement on his looks, he looks like a regular guy to me.

What I question is did anyone see them pestering the tiger?

Anger feeds adrenaline, probably enough for the tiger to get over that fence even if it was another 5 feet or so.
Animal run on instinct, some people run on stupidity.
Animals are dangerous even in a zoo.

:-/

“Medicine Rocks”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#12 Aug 17, 2008
Bobby wrote:
We still don't know exactly how the tigers escaped and some ppl commenting already have these guys guilty.
Makes you wonder....ppl look at the picture of the guy and make judgements
This is quoted from story lines:

Of course, please note the word "recommended." Even if it was too low, there isn't a legal requirement for height, just a recommendation. This, plus the alleged taunting, as well as the legal problems of both Paul Kulbir, are why the word victim appears in quotes.

Despite this, of course, the brothers have sued.

Well, if Paul is going to enjoy his money (assuming they win or settle), it will be in prison.

He has been sentenced to 16 months in prison for violating probation in a felony reckless driving case.

He was arrested in March for shoplifting.[End clip from story]

Seems like a court of record found his ass guilty of something.
Bama Belle

Birmingham, AL

#13 Aug 17, 2008
Inquiry wrote:
The [email protected] should have to pay for the tiger that they had to put down.
Amen to that. It's his fault that tiger is dead; why did that beautiful animal have to pay for this idiot's stupidity?

Rebecca Goodwin

“He went belly up!”

#14 Aug 17, 2008
Bama Belle wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that. It's his fault that tiger is dead; why did that beautiful animal have to pay for this idiot's stupidity?
Unfortunately, it would probably try again and it might start going after the handlers.
Sad, a beautiful animal and rare. Stupid people are a dime a dozen.

SharkBite

United States

#16 Aug 17, 2008
Chris Williams wrote:
Regardless of "taunting" the fence should have still been the recommended height. The zoo operators should prepare for every eventuality or else they should be considered negligent. You mean to tell me that out of the tens of thousands of people that visit such a busy zoo, they never expected any of the patrons to "taunt" the animals. Wake up sheeple and get a clue! And the brother's other legal troubles should not effect this lawsuit anyway. I don't care how nuch "taunting" was done, if the enclosure was safe, there should be no way of an animal escaping, no matter what the circumstances.
OH shut the [email protected] up. Regardless of the fence, this GROWN man, should not HAVE been taunting this animal. You are as much of an idiot as him. He already had a long criminal record and deserves no money and to spend a long time in jail.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pelican Bay 48754416

Alameda, CA

#17 Aug 17, 2008
I hope he comes to PB, I sure can use a %bitch% so do the other men.
Todd

Zanesville, OH

#18 Aug 17, 2008
Chris Williams wrote:
It's the SF Zoo's fault. The animals should have been contained so as not to get out. I guess if you tease a person it's ok if they kill you. hhmmm. Look out world! The SF Zoo needs to pay- period.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
bee jay

United States

#19 Aug 17, 2008
stop making excuses for a$$holes and thats what those guys were. even a tiger biting your butt didn't teach them anything and they are continuing to be a burden to society by going to jail now. they should be given the community service job of cleaning out animal cages----while they are still in them.
SharkBite

United States

#20 Aug 17, 2008
Todd wrote:
<quoted text> It's the SF Zoo's fault. The animals should have been contained so as not to get out. I guess if you tease a person it's ok if they kill you. hhmmm. Look out world! The SF Zoo needs to pay- period.
You are insane. It is always the folks like you that will make excuses for every low life there is; along with the problems they cause or the laws they break. This is good to know. So that when a scum like this breaks into your house and you shot him in self defense, we can all blame you, insist you pay damages and go to jail yourself. This guy had a long criminal history, and yet you blame the zoo for this guys law breaking activities. You must be a blood sucking lawyer that would defend the worst of the worst. Someone without any moral values. That can be the only answer to your moronic reply.

Since: Aug 07

Pleasanton, CA

#21 Aug 17, 2008
My sympathy level for the Dhaliwal brothers and the unfortunate Mr. Sousa is curiously low.

Since: Jul 08

rickenbaugh

#22 Aug 17, 2008
Its very simple if you f**k with a wild animal they will kill you that is their nature. so if these idiots were taunting that animal then they had it coming you can blame the zoo all you want but that tiger had never jumped the fence before so what exactly did these morons do to piss this cat off that bad? why isn't he charged with involuntary manslaughter for the other guys death. He contributed to this guy dying, and now they want to sue because they were taunting an animal and it attacked them they don;t deserve a dime.

Rebecca Goodwin

“He went belly up!”

#23 Aug 17, 2008
Todd wrote:
<quoted text> It's the SF Zoo's fault. The animals should have been contained so as not to get out. I guess if you tease a person it's ok if they kill you. hhmmm. Look out world! The SF Zoo needs to pay- period.
Animals are just animals and are unpredictable. Why would anyone go to a zoo just to taunt a wild animal? Kinda mean, wouldn't you say?
The cat paid the ultimate price here and the zoo lost money too. So by your words, the young man is all innocent,....hmmm.
I think he is responsible for his own actions, if he wasn't acting like an idiot, this would not off happened. He is also partly responsible for his friends death. Sad story no matter who's side your on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 48
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Sunnier 391,652
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min My Two Cents 15,035
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 3 min An NFL Fan 438
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 4 min Trumpproud77 7,053
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Blitzking 201,739
News Democratic chief Wasserman Schultz quits amid S... 6 min Ralph from Michigan 68
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min District 1 219,756
News Clinton Wins Democratic Nomination; Gets Boost ... 14 min WeTheSheeple 100
News Poll: Trump supporters unfazed by reversal on s... 23 min NotSoDivineMsM 328
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min My New Alias RULES 1,406,078
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 hr Bravo Uniform Mike 5,738
More from around the web