High court sets Prop. 8, DOMA hearings

Jan 7, 2013 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.sfgate.com

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday scheduled a March 26 hearing on the constitutionality of Proposition 8, California's ban on same-sex marriage.

Comments
21 - 40 of 48 Comments Last updated Jan 10, 2013

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#21 Jan 8, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not. Remember that many of the "Supreme Court"s of the various states were established LONG BEFORE the Supreme Court Of The United States.
Yeah, but THEY were sucking off the King of England.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#22 Jan 8, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If that is what you want to believe, knock yourself out, but whether you like it or not, many sources do refer to the SCOTUS as the high court, not just this one.
But that's a colloquialism, just like "congressman".

trivia: Which word(s) is (are) NOT found in the U.S. Constitution ?

A. gold
B. silver
C. sex
D. congressman

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#23 Jan 8, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If that is what you want to believe, knock yourself out, but whether you like it or not, many sources do refer to the SCOTUS as the high court, not just this one.
It's a British usage referring to and adopted by the colonial/commonwealth high courts.

I'm criticizing the sources inaccurately adopting the British system... and any who follow the irrationality inherent in the usage as applied to the SCOTUS. Perhaps they consider Her Majesty's Supreme Court of the United Kingdom to be highER?

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#24 Jan 9, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>It's the headline that came from the Topix news feed link I used. Not sure how or why it does it, but sometimes it changes the headlines from the original. I hadn't even noticed the switch when I posted it.
Just so you know, I wasn't casting aspersions on you or your abilities. I was just wondering, considering all the errors that occur.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#25 Jan 9, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>It's the headline that came from the Topix news feed link I used. Not sure how or why it does it, but sometimes it changes the headlines from the original. I hadn't even noticed the switch when I posted it.
By the way, the very next article I went to after my previous post was this:

Why &#x93;Gay Marriage&#x94; is Not Inevitable

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#26 Jan 9, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know, I wasn't casting aspersions on you or your abilities. I was just wondering, considering all the errors that occur.
I was casting asparagus.

It's in season.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#27 Jan 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I was casting asparagus.
It's in season.
My, my. You're in a festive mood today.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#28 Jan 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I was casting asparagus.
It's in season.
I'd like to be out casting with my rod and reel today, but I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#29 Jan 9, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my. You're in a festive mood today.
I'm over the cold, and Iceland has been FUN !!!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#30 Jan 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's a colloquialism, just like "congressman".
trivia: Which word(s) is (are) NOT found in the U.S. Constitution ?
A. gold
B. silver
C. sex
D. congressman
The answer is E. God

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#31 Jan 9, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is E. God
The answer is D. congressman

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#32 Jan 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm over the cold, and Iceland has been FUN !!!
I spent 2 years in Iceland (on the military plan); best duty station ever.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#33 Jan 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but THEY were sucking off the King of England.
No, they weren't ! Between 1776, when we declared our independence, and 1783, when Great Britain offically recognized our independence,(choose whichever date you like to recognize teh independence of the 13 original states), the "Supreme Court"s of teh various states were completely independent of the king.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#34 Jan 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I spent 2 years in Iceland (on the military plan); best duty station ever.
Do they sell Italian Ice there ?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#35 Jan 9, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they sell Italian Ice there ?
You can have all the ice you want for free; in fact they'll even pay you to take some.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#36 Jan 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have all the ice you want for free; in fact they'll even pay you to take some.
I was asking if they sold "Italian Ice" there. You DO know what "Italian Ice" is, don't you ?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#37 Jan 9, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asking if they sold "Italian Ice" there. You DO know what "Italian Ice" is, don't you ?
Never heard of it.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#38 Jan 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of it.
yeah, rite.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#39 Jan 9, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, rite.
Why ask a question if you refuse to accept the answer?

I've never heard of "Italian Ice"; I had to google it. Sounds like a SnoCone.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#40 Jan 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Why ask a question if you refuse to accept the answer?
I've never heard of "Italian Ice"; I had to google it. Sounds like a SnoCone.
It's as American as pizza. Look it up in wikipedia if you're that ignorant. You also don't know what a bagel is, rite ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Stu Rumsfeld 1,100,620
Utah university removes Harry Reid's name from ... 8 min kuda 3
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 8 min White Knight 1,905
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min Quirky 256,471
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Jay 151,292
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 22 min fubar 22,308
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 23 min Equal justice 1,850
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 2 hr Truth 1,491
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••