Justice Ginsburg's SOTU verdict

Feb 13, 2013 Full story: Washington Post 198

President Obama 's State of the Union speech Tuesday was hardly one that would have kept Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg - and most likely many others - from nodding off from time to time.

Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Osama Obama Job Killer

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Feb 13, 2013
I must admit I fell asleep also.But I knew he was gonna say the same shit as he always does,and he did.

“Cops are COOL”

Since: Mar 09

Zero tolerance for PUNK action

#2 Feb 14, 2013
She's been known to fall asleep on the job...In other words, a typical lib.
liberal women are ugly

Sayville, NY

#3 Feb 14, 2013
Since the Obama appointments of Justices Sotomayor and Kagen the verdict is in that Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is no longer the hot chick on The Court.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6 Feb 14, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
She's been known to fall asleep on the job...In other words, a typical lib.
Union worker.

Location hidden

#7 Feb 14, 2013
Osama Obama Job Killer wrote:
I must admit I fell asleep also.But I knew he was gonna say the same shit as he always does,and he did.
Obama to Vacation in West Palm Beach
by Keith Koffler on February 13, 2013, 5:38 pm

Taxpayers will be sending President Obama on his second vacation of the year when he departs Friday aboard Air Force One for a Presidentsí Day Weekend excursion to West Palm Beach, Florida.

Without apparent irony, Obama has decided to jet to a well-trod stomping ground of the rich just days after presenting himself to the nation in his State of the Union speech as the guardian of the middle class.

Obama presumably will head directly to some fabulous golf course, having not been able to play in recent weeks because of the cold weather in Washington.

While Obama may pay some hotel and other miscellaneous costs related to his vacation travel, taxpayers are on the hook for much of the expense, shelling out for the presidentís travel aboard Air Force One, a cargo plane that carries supplies, and the cost of the presidentís substantial staff and security retinue.

While unemployment stands at nearly eight percent, Obama is taking his second vacation of 2013. The year is only six weeks old.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#8 Feb 14, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Obama to Vacation in West Palm Beach
by Keith Koffler on February 13, 2013, 5:38 pm
Taxpayers will be sending President Obama on his second vacation of the year when he departs Friday aboard Air Force One for a Presidentsí Day Weekend excursion to West Palm Beach, Florida.
Without apparent irony, Obama has decided to jet to a well-trod stomping ground of the rich just days after presenting himself to the nation in his State of the Union speech as the guardian of the middle class.
Obama presumably will head directly to some fabulous golf course, having not been able to play in recent weeks because of the cold weather in Washington.
While Obama may pay some hotel and other miscellaneous costs related to his vacation travel, taxpayers are on the hook for much of the expense, shelling out for the presidentís travel aboard Air Force One, a cargo plane that carries supplies, and the cost of the presidentís substantial staff and security retinue.
While unemployment stands at nearly eight percent, Obama is taking his second vacation of 2013. The year is only six weeks old.
It goes back to what I have been saying.

In their eyes, they are a new form of nobility.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#9 Feb 14, 2013
Running from his duties again - he needs to be in Washington D.C. taking care of business, putting forth a plan and working with the Reps. If I was in the House of Rep- I would let Obama fall flat on his azz. As Obama said "its his way or the highway" - and the Reps need to get out the fact that he is NOT WORKING WITH THEM. He promised so much and he has again done NOTHING FOR AMERICA except to try to bankrupt it.

Location hidden

#10 Feb 14, 2013
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes back to what I have been saying.
In their eyes, they are a new form of nobility.
Call guillotine.com e. They will cut through the red tape.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#11 Feb 14, 2013
Justice Ginsburg should retire now so President Obama can name a younger liberal to serve on the SCOTUS for the next 30+ years.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#12 Feb 14, 2013
I continue to wonder what buns of steel Ruth is hiding under those robes.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#13 Feb 14, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
the Reps need to get out the fact that he is NOT WORKING WITH THEM.
What is the favorability rating for congress - 9 percent or is it in the double digits again? LOLL

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Location hidden

#14 Feb 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Justice Ginsburg should retire now so President Obama can name a younger liberal to serve on the SCOTUS for the next 30+ years.
Yes, Chris Stevens would have been a choice.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 14, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
Hamburger
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#16 Feb 14, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the favorability rating for congress - 9 percent or is it in the double digits again? LOLL
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
The Reps can not get anything done because Obama is NEVER THERE. Again - he thinks he is a ROCK STAR. The BS is getting old and the poeple are beginning to see what is happening and they do not like it. Its not funny or cute anymore and they are also seeing it is the Dems that are holding back and not putting any effort into the problems. Obama has no idea what the missions and functions of a President are, when tough jobs come up - like a balance budget he runs off to play golf or on a talk show or on a campaign trip - he is useless.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#17 Feb 14, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
At least wait till she retires, Casanova.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#18 Feb 14, 2013
For once Ginsburg spoke for the vast majority of the American public.

Alpharetta, GA

#19 Feb 14, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Hamburger
ah yes, hamburger....sizzling on the grill....my second most favorite smell in all the world.

Alpharetta, GA

#20 Feb 14, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>At least wait till she retires, Casanova.
I like older women....just have to be warm and fog a mirror....I like short girls too, I once dated a girl so tall, I hadda go up on her.

Alpharetta, GA

#21 Feb 14, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The Reps can not get anything done because Obama is NEVER THERE. Again - he thinks he is a ROCK STAR. The BS is getting old and the poeple are beginning to see what is happening and they do not like it. Its not funny or cute anymore and they are also seeing it is the Dems that are holding back and not putting any effort into the problems. Obama has no idea what the missions and functions of a President are, when tough jobs come up - like a balance budget he runs off to play golf or on a talk show or on a campaign trip - he is useless.
well, you're right, but it doesn't matter anymore, to quote Buddy Holly....from now on, they will always have the 47% to start with, and its easy to get over 50% with the rest of their special groups, so they are not going to lose anytime soon. It's a shame, but a fact, there are too many non taxpayers voting these days, bad things are gonna happen fast.
Independent

Richmond, IN

#22 Feb 14, 2013
How old is she 100? I'm sure it was past her bedtime, usually they put'em to bed by 7pm at the old folks home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Team Rubio message: Ready to run 3 min WeTheSheeple 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min positronium 50,184
Newspaper in trouble for calling Illegal Immigr... 4 min spud 13
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Teaman 1,171,875
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min positronium 167,867
NYT Is Lost in Its Ukraine Propaganda 6 min NAZTY Ukraine 9
Federal judge strikes down gay-marriage ban in ... 6 min Robin Hood 24
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 26 min dirtclod 141,628
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 43 min positronium 303,948
More from around the web