Obama-Putin Rift Grows

Obama-Putin Rift Grows

There are 480 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Obama-Putin Rift Grows. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

U.S. President Barack Obama meets with Russian President Vladimir Putin during the Group of Eight Summit in Northern Ireland on June 17. President Barack Obama 's decision to pull out of a one-on-one meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow next month punctuates a steady decline in relations and represents an unusually sharp rebuke ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

anonymous

Barberton, OH

#491 Aug 16, 2013
JBH wrote:
<quoted text>
=======
With your nick being "anonymous Akron, OH", just who do you think you are? Do people have to believe you that you are from US, as you like those New China and others speaking with poor and bad language?
You are just one person there. Ask the government who you are first there by snooping the US people.
Internet is the medium for fee exchange as you say is meddling.
US people concerns are illegals, those if you say of Arabs, Muslims, communists, Chinese spies and piracy, criminals, terrorists are within US while other countries' concern,(including this one) is the independent sovereign policy.
On world arena, people disagree with the gay issue, while you keep talking about culture to talk astray, that I have to be your culture to talk about Olympics , world economics and environment, etc., which means 96% of global people are not your culture, including in UN. You people do not have all the same culture, from north and south and depending where they are.
You have 40 million people speaking English at work but speak other languages and live other cultures in privacy and at home, some of which might also hold government jobs.
If you think the people who have culture in political thinking only like you but not in the social culture among people in Canada, they are the minority generally located in Alberta.
Opposing Vietnam war and Iraq war if it is not your culture, so be it because there are too many people who don't want your culture.
You can't take this to Canada when some go along with you when majority don't where they are from.
It is an internal matter that people(including politicians) here cannot use the stand where the voters in Canada are from, while they have to argue out what good and direction of this country would be.
Why don't you tell all the people in US where they are from, as so many defected to China a while ago?
Your queer radicalism does not suit these people here.
This is the last time, dumbo old jerk.
I refuse to speak to you next time, as you are another New China who did the same thing stalking me.
Will you stop bothering again?
No, I won't stop bothering again. It's all about that medium of free exchange. Understand?

What you don't understand is that the US is expected to maintain a role of world leader. That often means keeping the peace among nations with irreconcilable differences. After about 60 to 70 years of that, we've become a symbol of authority that people project their frustrations upon.

America didn't really want that job and it's becoming increasingly cynical as to why they bother. Spouting off your pre-pubescent nonsense isn't doing anything except creating stress, which perhaps is your entire goal by coming here.

None the less, we really don't need to indulge your silly rants so if you really think you're entitled to a captive audience as you babble your interpretation of God's divine word, you'll be disappointed. And you're not a native of Canada. You've probably learned your English from Google Translator, and you're probably trying to become an American citizen by learning English.

I'm a bit more cynical than most but nobody here takes a word you say seriously. Don't ask me why I'm still posting. Ask yourself why you still do so.
Cat74

United States

#492 Aug 16, 2013
Do you remember when Obama told the Russian President, "Wait until after the election I will be more flexible then." This so called rift could be a cover up of their under the table agreements. Problem is Putin is so much smarter then Obama he will get the better deals.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#493 Aug 16, 2013
TGO wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish you Rino pile of brain damage.
dude, you just admitted it was you...i know you are not smart enough to realize that, but you did.

stupid people are funny!

St. Croix valley

#494 Aug 16, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Do you remember when Obama told the Russian President, "Wait until after the election I will be more flexible then." This so called rift could be a cover up of their under the table agreements. Problem is Putin is so much smarter then Obama he will get the better deals.
please give some concrete example that led you to infer that Putin is smarter than Obama.

I would bet you don't know the first thing about Putin, just more mindless dreck from Cat74...

St. Croix valley

#495 Aug 16, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not trust the Clinton Foundation because all it does is try to control black institutions in the USA but especially in Africa. It is nothing but a zionist front.
In fact, they are helping millions in Africa.

i bet you don't know the very first thing about the Clinton foundation.

Please state what these ties to Zionist groups are and exactly what black institutions it controls...

I'm sure we won't here any response from you on this as you were just talking out of your ass, as always...
Cat74

United States

#496 Aug 16, 2013
For starters, Obama requested they hold Snowden until we could take custody of him, and Putin laughed at him. Putin could give the U S Snowden tomorrow, but he won't. He is enjoying making the American President look weak.

St. Croix valley

#497 Aug 16, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
For starters, Obama requested they hold Snowden until we could take custody of him, and Putin laughed at him. Putin could give the U S Snowden tomorrow, but he won't. He is enjoying making the American President look weak.
and this makes him smarter how?

how many hundreds of Russian defectors does the US have? and then, Putin said he cdould stay in russia only if he quit releasing US secrets...that doesn't sound too smart if he is trying to upstage the US, does it?

again, what particular facts make you infer that Putin is smarter than Obama, other than you repeating what you heard someone else say?
Cat74

United States

#498 Aug 16, 2013
Poor Obama is trying so hard to look smart, but it isn't working. Telling the country how brilliant he is, and then letting them find out he can't walk, and chew gum without his trusty teleprompter makes him appear less then brilliant. He has made the same speech on the economy for 5 years, and nothing changes. He should be able to make that speech without the teleprompter by now. Also there is something really stupid about a jobless recovery. You can't have recovery without jobs, without people paying taxes to support the Government.

St. Croix valley

#499 Aug 16, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Poor Obama is trying so hard to look smart, but it isn't working. Telling the country how brilliant he is, and then letting them find out he can't walk, and chew gum without his trusty teleprompter makes him appear less then brilliant. He has made the same speech on the economy for 5 years, and nothing changes. He should be able to make that speech without the teleprompter by now. Also there is something really stupid about a jobless recovery. You can't have recovery without jobs, without people paying taxes to support the Government.
nothing changes? really? except for the death spiral of historic job losses stopped and in under four years we were back to the same number of jobs...except that, you mean...the housing market recovering from a total and utter collapse, you mean except that, huh?

outside of the financial industry coming back from the brink of death. nothing changes except those things huh? the auto industry? wall street, the Dow?

you really need to parrot much, much smarter people, dear.
Third Coast

Houston, TX

#500 Aug 16, 2013
Robert wrote:
Obama does not like him because he is white.
True. I noticed how Bush got along with Putin just fine but Obama's arrogance will never allow that to happen. Just more proof of his woeful inexperience and lack of proper preparation for the world stage. SMH.

St. Croix valley

#501 Aug 16, 2013
Third Coast wrote:
<quoted text> True. I noticed how Bush got along with Putin just fine but Obama's arrogance will never allow that to happen. Just more proof of his woeful inexperience and lack of proper preparation for the world stage. SMH.
you mean like when Putin claimed to the world that Bush started the Georgian (not the US state...) conflict to help support McCain as his successor? you mean how they got along just fine like that?

seems you memory is guided by your partisanship...along with your lack of reasoning, logic or truth...as is usually the case.
Dane Thorsen

AOL

#502 Aug 16, 2013
Wake up USA wrote:
Obummer better watch out, most of our supplies for the military in Afghanistan goes through Russia. What would it be like if Putin denies us the right to use their airspace????? Remember all Putin has to is say NYET to our planes and Pakistan is a problem too????
Good point.
I hope someone on the golf course or whereever can mention how much AMERICA needs Russia for the Afghan Evac. Maybe the pompous lectures on Progressive Social Engineering might wait til a time when might not put our Troops at risk.
TGO

United States

#503 Aug 17, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>dude, you just admitted it was you...i know you are not smart enough to realize that, but you did.
stupid people are funny!
Well thank goodness there are brilliant people like you who realize stuff.

I managed to miss my "admission" somehow - would you please demonstrate my admission, when you are through channelling Ayn Rand?

I don't believe any of those crazy rumors about you living in a rubber room and that you prefer to be addressed as Renfield.
TGO

United States

#504 Aug 17, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing changes? really? except for the death spiral of historic job losses stopped and in under four years we were back to the same number of jobs...except that, you mean...the housing market recovering from a total and utter collapse, you mean except that, huh?
outside of the financial industry coming back from the brink of death. nothing changes except those things huh? the auto industry? wall street, the Dow?
you really need to parrot much, much smarter people, dear.
No doubt about it you are a "true conservative, through and through".

Either you drive a motorcycle, or there is one of Obama's dingleberries stuck on your nose.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#505 Aug 17, 2013
The best thing a man can do if he wins, is to be humble. To be gracious in victory can get you a long way. Even if the criticism still exists. But America went the way of progressive Alinsky politics many decades ago. And intermittently the vice was tightened even with Repubs winning until you see what we got today. The progressive movement will win the battles, but it will lose the war. For its whole agenda is built on conflicts. And the conflicts are against the ones who pay the freight. In the end the government is going to be one of the nastiest in human history. And many people who will be very quiet at that point, will for the rest of their lives know what they helped to bring down on us all.
bob lewis

AOL

#506 Aug 17, 2013
serfs up wrote:
The best thing a man can do if he wins, is to be humble. To be gracious in victory can get you a long way. Even if the criticism still exists. But America went the way of progressive Alinsky politics many decades ago. And intermittently the vice was tightened even with Repubs winning until you see what we got today. The progressive movement will win the battles, but it will lose the war. For its whole agenda is built on conflicts. And the conflicts are against the ones who pay the freight. In the end the government is going to be one of the nastiest in human history. And many people who will be very quiet at that point, will for the rest of their lives know what they helped to bring down on us all.
perfectly stated. history will only ask why Americans voted to commit civic suicide last november. why did voters prove unworthy of their citizenship?

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#507 Aug 17, 2013
bob lewis wrote:
<quoted text>
perfectly stated. history will only ask why Americans voted to commit civic suicide last november. why did voters prove unworthy of their citizenship?
... some because their no show/no work union jobs depend on it.

... some for a welfare check and a carton'o'kools

... some to get amnesty

... some just because a dishonest media allowed the surrendercrats to lie with impunity about what they could do.
bob lewis

AOL

#508 Aug 17, 2013
Yesterday, BBC reported another major rift betweeen Putin and BHO.

Russia is cracking down and deporting Illegal Aliens. Putin, preferring to stand up for the Russian citizens and the rule of law, disagrees with BHO's choice to reward Illegals for ignoring America's Immigration Laws.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#509 Aug 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. Putin could never even imagine advocating "gay rights" fro five long years in a row.
Yep, Putin is your kind of bigot alright.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#510 Aug 17, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
I think you're living in the wrong country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Ice Man 41,659
News In Kentucky town, gay-marriage opponent Davis s... 6 min Trump Plotza 25
News Roy Moore's sexual assault allegations cloud Al... 6 min Retribution 159
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min mdbuilder 1,640,663
News Senator Al Franken accused of groping, kissing ... 8 min Get a Grip 66
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 min Truly Sick Of June 319,852
News Trump returns to GOP panic. Will he try to push... 14 min Trump is a joke 68
News Donald Trump pauses for a water break 41 min Dynastic Drama 71
More from around the web