King 'content of character' quote inspires debate

Jan 20, 2013 Full story: KTVN Reno 23

14, 1960 file photo, an unidentified black man eats at a lunch counter in Tampa, Fla.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OH NO YOU did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#21 Jan 21, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text> He's the only one that can answer that, but by his actions it seems so, Mrs. Obama seems to be the same way from her writing in her college days and things she has said in public "first time she was proud of this country", both friends of rev. Wright, certain quotes in his book, etc. It appears he has been indoctrinated at very young age. Affirmative Action has brought them both a long way, it seems both still have a chip on their shoulder.
I totally agree and they care less about other Americans.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#22 Jan 21, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> What does that mean? You really have no answer. I am for freedom and common sense foreign policy. You are not. And that is drivel to you. You are therefore evil. Powerful evil. You will kill others for your personal selfish desires. And you do. Washing your hands of it while blaming others.
As teabaggers defend George Bush for invading the wrong country?

As republicans created, passed and signed the "Patriot" Act, the most destructive legislation ever to limit your "freedom" and violate the constitution?

Created Homeland Security and TSA, two more worthless republican initiatives.

I only killed one person in my life but only for my selfish family's behalf.

They wanted to live.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#23 Jan 21, 2013
GoodNewz wrote:
<quoted text>
judging a person by their character is a simple concept. why make that simple concept so confused? is affirmative action judging one by their character? obviously not!
"creating a climate" where everyone can realize their dreams not so simple. you have the right to pursue happiness in this country. you have no right to have your dreams realized....
Correct.

However I feel affirmative action is wrong because even if the minority has less qualifications, the minority is chosen, it's WAY outdated and the result is reverse discrimination.

The best student, job applicant, bid, contract and track record should prevail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min messianic114 149,502
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min LOL 1,190,994
Obama: 'Now is the moment' for police to make c... 2 min Butters 11
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min Not Yet Equal 57,881
Rand Paul wins 2015 CPAC straw poll 3 min Lawrence Wolf 25
DARPA Tests New Close Air Support Technology 3 min Elise Gingerich 1
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 4 min mjjcpa 1,831
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min red and right 312,828
Scott Walker reverses immigration stance 31 min Sgt Stryker 35
Brrr! February brought record cold, snow to Nor... 45 min Cordwainer Trout 20