Conservatives rebel against Boehner

Conservatives rebel against Boehner

There are 20 comments on the story from Jan 3, 2013, titled Conservatives rebel against Boehner. In it, reports that:

Conservative opposition to John Boehner's reelection as speaker on Thursday was more determined than it originally seemed, as a small band of hard-liners either flat-out opposed the speaker or simply abstained from casting a ballot. There were some signs that conservative resistance to Boehner was well-organized, at least by one member who has never been a big fan of the Ohio Republican.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#1 Jan 3, 2013
Mr. Bills liberal propaganda show..come one, come all to the magical mystery tour.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#2 Jan 3, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
Mr. Bills liberal propaganda show..come one, come all to the magical mystery tour.
???

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#3 Jan 3, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
???
You post a lot of asinine stories about reublicans....forget hillary and obama 08?
Dr Bill Phd

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#4 Jan 3, 2013
;) enjoy the 113 partee! mov on just the ways it go;-000
Dr Bill Phd

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#5 Jan 3, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
???
U blamed on BoeHnor?;) can U go bite him?!! ;-000
Dr Bill Phd

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#6 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
You post a lot of asinine stories about reublicans....forget hillary and obama 08?
NY newswk no more paper n NY on line!! Obamagazine here
www.more.com
;-00h, cun U n Bill get a lone;) i hope U not pay or read Houston chronicle news!! ;-000
trans mike pooosy

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#7 Jan 3, 2013
bi bye! hav Bill+Hunble enjoy the NFL wildcard. C U2late THE!;-000000
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#8 Jan 4, 2013
Obama thinks he's Gone Girl.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#9 Jan 4, 2013
<quoted text>
It is January, 2013, and read the story.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#10 Jan 4, 2013
Dr Bill Phd wrote:
<quoted text>
U blamed on BoeHnor?;) can U go bite him?!! ;-000
Triple Ugh.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#11 Jan 4, 2013
Attention Americans: Your paychecks in 2013 are about to get smaller thanks to the Fiscal Cliff compromise deal that passed Congress on January 1, 2013.

What? I thought we were just screwing the rich people. Now I find out every single person will get 2% less in their paycheck. I hope we don't avoid to many more 'cliffs'

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#12 Jan 4, 2013
RustyS wrote:
Attention Americans: Your paychecks in 2013 are about to get smaller thanks to the Fiscal Cliff compromise deal that passed Congress on January 1, 2013.
What? I thought we were just screwing the rich people. Now I find out every single person will get 2% less in their paycheck. I hope we don't avoid to many more 'cliffs'
That 2%, stolen from the Social Secuurity "lockbox" should never have been cut. You are paying it toward yourself, your own retirement.

Worry more about the high taxes paid, mostly in the high COLA "blue states" which are wealth-transferred to the poor "red states" which are actualy welfare subsidized.

And even more to the point, the Capital gains tax rate should be the same as earned income. That it is not is going to hurt you a lot more than 2% aid to your future self.

The Left Coast

#13 Jan 4, 2013
Good point Billy. What you're saying is Obama made a big mistake. Obama cut the tax and made a promise that NO middle class worker would see his taxes go up, and they did. In some parts of the country that would be considered a lie. Contrary to progressive logic, not everyone can afford to lose a thousand or two a year, even to to fund a good cause.
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
That 2%, stolen from the Social Secuurity "lockbox" should never have been cut. You are paying it toward yourself, your own retirement.
Worry more about the high taxes paid, mostly in the high COLA "blue states" which are wealth-transferred to the poor "red states" which are actualy welfare subsidized.
And even more to the point, the Capital gains tax rate should be the same as earned income. That it is not is going to hurt you a lot more than 2% aid to your future self.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#14 Jan 4, 2013
RustyS wrote:
Good point Billy. What you're saying is Obama made a big mistake. Obama cut the tax and made a promise that NO middle class worker would see his taxes go up, and they did. In some parts of the country that would be considered a lie. Contrary to progressive logic, not everyone can afford to lose a thousand or two a year, even to to fund a good cause.
<quoted text>
Yes, Obama should never have cut the SS tax; and NO, he NEVER promised " NO middle class worker would see his taxes go up."

You may have president obama confused with president George H W ("read my lips" Bush.)

The SS tax cut, which I opposed, was never supposed to be permenant.
I've never heard anyone say that Obama is error free, or perfect. I think he should freeze all Federal spending in the Congresional Districts of any representative who votes against the Fed lending ceiling being raised...
No airports, no military bases, no federal court, no Social Security work, all Federal offices closed down, employees furlowed; all highway & other Federal projects stopped; and the military bases should be closed for good and sold, with troops moved to districts that love their country.

No, the SS tax cut was a mistake, and should have expired. All it is is a raid on the "SS lockbox." If it were accompanied by an increase in, or elimination of the SS incoome tax ceiling, that would have been better; as the money lost by workers payments would hae been paid by those who can better afford to ay them.

And, Social Security is not a "good cause," it is all of our future retirement. Are you a leach on society? I hope not.

The Left Coast

#15 Jan 4, 2013
Really Bill? A quote from President Obama:

"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes." (look it up, it's easy to find)Where I come from he just plain lied.

If you plan on SS for a retirement, my condolences. I'm 62, still working and paying for those that don't. That being said, we do have some common ground. I agree, we need to bring our military home. I see we are now sending troops to Libya, you know, in an 'advisory' capacity. Bring them home and put them on the US borders.
trans mike pooosy

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#16 Jan 4, 2013
RustyS wrote:
"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes." (look it up, it's easy to find)Where I come from he just plain lied.
If you plan on SS for a retirement, my condolences. I'm 62, still working and paying for those that don't. That being said, we do have some common ground. I agree, we need to bring our military home. I see we are now sending troops to Libya, you know, in an 'advisory' capacity. Bring them home and put them on the US borders.
Rust! U still working for Bill?!!! ;-00000000
Sheik Yerbouti

Southampton, PA

#17 Jan 4, 2013
Once again teabaggers show what treasonous vermin they really are! They could care less about the welfare of the nation!

Jackson, MO

#18 Jan 4, 2013
Yeah sure , blame the last guys to arrive at the fight. Pay no heed to those first two guys who started it.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#19 Jan 4, 2013
RustyS wrote:
SS not included in that statement, and the GOZP in congress wrote the bill, not Obama.

I'm older than you, still working, and will use my SS for suplimenting my 401k. Good luck.
gooose go NK

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#20 Jan 4, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Once again teabaggers show what treasonous vermin they really are! They could care less about the welfare of the nation!
do U know NOMINATION mean?!!! ;-00000h, F- on reading class 2much NFL cheerdealer matching shirt?!! ;-000

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 2 min Philosophic 141
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 2 min American Independent 56
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 230,980
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Independent patriot 403,548
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Aquarius-WY 1,457,955
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Injudgement 252,972
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 8 min Frankie Rizzo 1,969
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 2 hr freedom2016 2,893
More from around the web