Gunman opens fire in Arizona office b...

Gunman opens fire in Arizona office building, one dead

There are 54 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 30, 2013, titled Gunman opens fire in Arizona office building, one dead. In it, Reuters reports that:

A gunman opened fire in an Arizona office building following a legal mediation meeting on Wednesday, shooting dead one man and wounding two other people including a prominent Phoenix lawyer before fleeing in a car, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
keep hate gooo

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#45 Jan 31, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Absurd, but then Arizona's an absurd state. I think the sun bakes people's brains down there.:)
U C McCain!;-00h, but trying cactus salad with McBeer;)~
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#46 Jan 31, 2013
The NRA says that if everybody was packin'
iron it would be safer for everybody.

Well, in Arizona it's commonplace for lots and lots
of folks to be going around armed. No background checks, no license needed, no permits. Just strap
that hawg leg on, pardner. Wear it to your church
social.

With so damn many people carrying, why isn't Arizona a much safer place to live? Why so much gun violence?

I don't get it. Lots of guns, lots of violence.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#47 Jan 31, 2013
Gary wrote:
of folks to be going around armed. No background checks, no license needed, no permits. Just strap
social.
With so damn many people carrying, why isn't Arizona a much safer place to live? Why so much gun violence?
The number of gun homicides is higher in Illinois, where carrying is illegal, than it is in Arizona.

Hmmmmm Why isn't Illinois safer?

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#48 Jan 31, 2013
Gary wrote:
social.
Illegal aliens?

Since: Jan 13

United States

#49 Jan 31, 2013
Gary wrote:
social.
Phoenix has the highest abduction rate in the country. Arizona is scary. Sad thing is in that state there are alot of illegal immigrants carrying illegal firearms. I'm a firm believer in guns but this no license no background check issue is definitely a major problem. Everyone harps on the irresponsible and not the responsible.

United States

#50 Jan 31, 2013
Gary wrote:
social.
The NRA had no concern about everyone in the country packing. They're the only one will the balls to fight for the common people's rights. If you don't want to carry dont.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#51 Jan 31, 2013
Gary wrote:
social.
is your photo under idiot in the dictionary?
zagnut69

Wellesley Hills, MA

#52 Feb 1, 2013
Yes, most cops are not very good shots either.

Regardless if bystanders are shot, the criminal knows they are being targeted and will now have to target the armed citizen
giving the DISARMED a chance to flee.....

You STEVERINO, are a fool

It is a NO brainer being a fool..........
Steverino wrote:
Can't wait for the next mass shooting where EVERYONE is armed with concealed weapons! Should increase the death toll about sixfold with all those morons blowing each other's brains out during the panic. Oh, well, it's just collateral damage, so long as the gun worshippers can all have as many of any type of assault rifle that they want. As Wayne LaPierre said,(as he threw his hands up in the air) there's really nothing you can do about it.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#53 Feb 1, 2013
Gary wrote:
Arizona will soon have the honor of being
the most dangerous state in the country to live in.
In spite of everybody and his uncle having and wearing guns, the violence just goes on.
The good people with the guns just don't seem to be
fast enough on the draw. By the time they get their
hawg legs out, the shootin' is all over.
Where is Wyatt Earp when they need him?
LOL! I was reading your post and your closing line popped into my head before I even read it!

Funny...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#54 Feb 1, 2013
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
is your photo under idiot in the dictionary?
Your question suggests that it's more likely YOUR photo there...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#55 Feb 1, 2013
subhuman 84 wrote:
<quoted text>The NRA had no concern about everyone in the country packing. They're the only one will the balls to fight for the common people's rights. If you don't want to carry dont.
So I should be FORCED to live in a country where a large percentage of the people are "packing" just because, well, "freedom?"

I don't see it that way.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#56 Feb 1, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
The number of gun homicides is higher in Illinois, where carrying is illegal, than it is in Arizona.
Hmmmmm Why isn't Illinois safer?
Because of Chicago. And before you ask, a city with strict gun laws surrounded by a state without such strict restrictions on guns is pretty pointless.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#57 Feb 1, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of Chicago. And before you ask, a city with strict gun laws surrounded by a state without such strict restrictions on guns is pretty pointless.
Illinois is the only state without concealed carry, where only police, politicians and their body guards are permitted to carry a gun.
A loaded firearm in a car is a felony.
You have to pass a State Police background check and carry a state issued Firearms Owner Identification Card (Illinois is the only state to even have such a thing) to even buy BB's.
It is illegal to hunt deer with a rifle unless it is a single shot muzzleloader.

How many more restrictions do you think are necessary?

United States

#58 Feb 2, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
So I should be FORCED to live in a country where a large percentage of the people are "packing" just because, well, "freedom?"
I don't see it that way.
You're not forced to live here. Go to any other country and see what your freedom is. The sad thing is that there are so many illegal owners packing right now. Who are you to say the good people don't have the right to defend themselves. If you don't like it leave or stay inside with your eyes shut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,420,860
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 min Terra Firma 16,168
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Calvin_Coolish 240,166
News News 14 Mins Ago Trump rebukes racism claims as... 11 min Quirky 140
News Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in black... 14 min Blacks-LooseClint... 57
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 21 min syamsu 205,489
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 27 min Chilli J 8,063
News Former Obama aide: Trump is a 'psychopath' 1 hr Donald J Trump 117
More from around the web