Gunman opens fire in Arizona office b...

Gunman opens fire in Arizona office building, one dead

There are 54 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 30, 2013, titled Gunman opens fire in Arizona office building, one dead. In it, Reuters reports that:

A gunman opened fire in an Arizona office building following a legal mediation meeting on Wednesday, shooting dead one man and wounding two other people including a prominent Phoenix lawyer before fleeing in a car, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Jan 30, 2013
I was under the assumption that everyone in Arizona carried side arms.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
It happened in an attorney’s office, they probably wish now there had been someone there with a legal concealed weapon.
Cat74

United States

#3 Jan 30, 2013
You don't take your gun to work. There are supposed be police in the city. Guess they took too long to arrive. Bet they will be armed tommorow. No one is safe as long as the crazies are allowed to run free.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#4 Jan 30, 2013
Yepper these isolated shootings get a lot of press whereas news covering the hundreds of dope related murders in chicago get a pass.

Location hidden

#5 Jan 30, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Attention eric gustosht!!! The only kind of people who assume things such as everyone does x, y and z are stupid people just like you...now GFY.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Jan 30, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Just goes to show how false your assumptions are, but that is S.O.P. for liberals.

Location hidden

#7 Jan 31, 2013
Those self-serving anti-gun zealots have no shame. They'll "use anyone” to advance their knee-jerk demented attempts to throw the law abiding in with such individuals as adam lanza. Case in point was Giffords being hung out like they used to do with Brady...
I guess the people who fall for such spectacles live in ivory towers and personal tragedy of any magnitude has escaped them...thus far.
Yes what Giffords went through is indeed tough but they do not want to wear my shoes when it comes to tough times. The main difference is no one saw me going after inanimate objects or stepping on the feet of millions of people who had zip nada nothing to do with anything related to my battles.
All these gun ban zealots have to offer is banning guns…period. No backing laws already on the books, no cry for a death penalty, no cry for armed school security, no cry for educating the public about keeping guns out of the hands of the next adam lanza. In fact I'll guarantee it there's a number of young punks out there right now threatening a parent or parents or guardian with pulling an adam lanza if they don't get their way, etc.
But to a gun ban zealot it's the individual who plays by the rules and happens to have 30 round magazines and a AR15, etc. They're the problem but only in the minds of pathetic idiots who will be where they are always are should you and yours need help, "NOWHERE."
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#8 Jan 31, 2013
JohnInLa wrote:
Those self-serving anti-gun zealots have no shame.
It is a terrible curse for any "self-serving" American to wish we had less gun culture and more intelligent culture.

Yes, lala, there is no shame in such a wish.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#9 Jan 31, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
It happened in an attorney’s office, they probably wish now there had been someone there with a legal concealed weapon.
Will that be the NRA new propaganda to have all attorney offices armed - just like the NRA/gun businesses want guns in schools?

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#10 Jan 31, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Will that be the NRA new propaganda to have all attorney offices armed - just like the NRA/gun businesses want guns in schools?
Doubt it, nobody really gives a rip about attorneys anyway. They are adults, if they don't want to protect themselves, so be it. Poor choice on their part this time.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#11 Jan 31, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
There's always "someone there with a legal concealed weepon" at these events, who do you think called 911, and directd the first responders from a safe vantage point across the street. These legal concealers don't get in the mix for 3 reason,(or more). 1. Law suits. 2. NOT THEIR PROBLEM! 3. Don't want to risk a fire fight with the first responders.
Steverino

Elizabeth, PA

#12 Jan 31, 2013
Can't wait for the next mass shooting where EVERYONE is armed with concealed weapons! Should increase the death toll about sixfold with all those morons blowing each other's brains out during the panic. Oh, well, it's just collateral damage, so long as the gun worshippers can all have as many of any type of assault rifle that they want. As Wayne LaPierre said,(as he threw his hands up in the air) there's really nothing you can do about it.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#13 Jan 31, 2013
JohnInLa wrote:
Those self-serving anti-gun zealots have no shame. They'll "use anyone” to advance their knee-jerk demented attempts to throw the law abiding in with such individuals as adam lanza. Case in point was Giffords being hung out like they used to do with Brady...
I guess the people who fall for such spectacles live in ivory towers and personal tragedy of any magnitude has escaped them...thus far.
Yes what Giffords went through is indeed tough but they do not want to wear my shoes when it comes to tough times. The main difference is no one saw me going after inanimate objects or stepping on the feet of millions of people who had zip nada nothing to do with anything related to my battles.
All these gun ban zealots have to offer is banning guns…period. No backing laws already on the books, no cry for a death penalty, no cry for armed school security, no cry for educating the public about keeping guns out of the hands of the next adam lanza. In fact I'll guarantee it there's a number of young punks out there right now threatening a parent or parents or guardian with pulling an adam lanza if they don't get their way, etc.
But to a gun ban zealot it's the individual who plays by the rules and happens to have 30 round magazines and a AR15, etc. They're the problem but only in the minds of pathetic idiots who will be where they are always are should you and yours need help, "NOWHERE."
I agree, and the news media keep giving these mental patients their 15 minutes of fame so the copy cats are going after their 15 minutes of fame. It is strange that all of these mental patients are now, all of a sudden, coming out in the open and shooting up schools, movies and church since Obama is going after the guns. History repeats itself - Hitler - Germany.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#14 Jan 31, 2013
Thank GOD there was an armed American citizen in the building ready to use his gun in self-defense from lawyers, otherwise MEDIATION might have occurred.

Saved again by the 2nd Amendment!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#15 Jan 31, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, and the news media keep giving these mental patients their 15 minutes of fame so the copy cats are going after their 15 minutes of fame. It is strange that all of these mental patients are now, all of a sudden, coming out in the open and shooting up schools, movies and church since Obama is going after the guns. History repeats itself - Hitler - Germany.
Here's a hint, Mr. Clueless - shootings are news, always have been, and always will be.

Everyone who kills others with a gun is not a "mental patient," as much as you'd like to pretend they are. Mr. Obama is not "going after the guns," and comparing him to Hitler is un-American and slanderous.

Shut up if you've got nothing intelligent to say, fool.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#16 Jan 31, 2013
Steverino wrote:
Can't wait for the next mass shooting where EVERYONE is armed with concealed weapons! Should increase the death toll about sixfold with all those morons blowing each other's brains out during the panic. Oh, well, it's just collateral damage, so long as the gun worshippers can all have as many of any type of assault rifle that they want. As Wayne LaPierre said,(as he threw his hands up in the air) there's really nothing you can do about it.
Yeah, I've been waiting for one of those attemted mass killings where a brave gun owner or three blows away the bad guy and saves lives.

When's that going to happen, I wonder?
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jan 31, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a hint, Mr. Clueless - shootings are news, always have been, and always will be.
Everyone who kills others with a gun is not a "mental patient," as much as you'd like to pretend they are. Mr. Obama is not "going after the guns," and comparing him to Hitler is un-American and slanderous.
Shut up if you've got nothing intelligent to say, fool.
No, hypocritical ass Professor Fartsack, you of all people on here has absolutely no credibility to tell anybody anything.
AntiMelting

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Jan 31, 2013
Shootings = the new "shark attack" for the media.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#19 Jan 31, 2013
Funny that the NRA are attacking "crazy people" making the case for background checks for mental health as well as felons. At the same time not knowing what the definition of crazy is gonna be. ADHD, Bipolar, and about ten others Mental illness will disqualify many from obtaining guns. Once these Inflated numbers of card carring members are brought down, then Gun regulation can be achieved.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#20 Jan 31, 2013
the rectum of us wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm a hypocritical ass, Professor. I act like a Fartsack, you of all people on here know that I have absolutely no credibility to tell anybody anything.
I know, I know...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate hopeful won't say if OK with Trump havin... 2 min SirPrize 8
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Homer 1,420,658
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Uncle Tab 240,045
آگهی را... 4 min zeinabi70 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dr Guru 222,807
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 7 min too much 147
News No, online polls dona t show a hidden Donald Tr... 8 min tina anne 95
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 40 min INFIDEL 155
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 42 min Sharrp Shooter 393,418
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 46 min Bakker 8,035
More from around the web