Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70657 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#72322 May 28, 2013
very bright wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you can't leave this forum and pridefully/peacefully enjoy your atheism. You should realize what a failure you are.
So based on the laws of logic, that means you are evidence that there is no god.
John

United States

#72323 May 28, 2013
That proof is so sciencey. Progressive atheists are so tolerant.

Nothing Bless Bob. I'll let you end with that masterful post.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#72324 May 28, 2013
very bright wrote:
<quoted text>
By showing people your posts, we now realize we made a wise decision in becoming Christians. Atheism is one of the strongest tools available to lead a person to Christianity. Your hatred in particular.
Funny how much in denial you are, so much that you post something which completely contradicts the trends we see today.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#72326 May 28, 2013
very bright wrote:
<quoted text>
By showing people your posts, we now realize we made a wise decision in becoming Christians. Atheism is one of the strongest tools available to lead a person to Christianity. Your hatred in particular.

My posts? My hatred in particular? Care to show me?

I can quote your bigoted comments. Can you quote mine? If they exist and you show me, I will apologize.

I really will...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#72331 May 28, 2013
very bright wrote:
<quoted text>
Every post you make is bigoted, bigot.
I'm sorry, but now you have to show evidence or you are a liar. EmpAtheist is probably the most polite person on here.

Location hidden

#72332 May 28, 2013
John wrote:
Atheism is simply disbelief. Nothing more. I also believe the Obama administrations talking points on Benghazi, IRS, and Fox/AP.
Atheism also has nothing to do with Obama, Benghazi, the IRS, or Fox
John wrote:
You're dismissed offhandedly because I've been here four years and you don't have one example of evidence in this arena you hold others accountable to. Show me it.
Evidence for what? This is why you have been here for 4 years! There is no evidence for a notgod! The slate is clean. If testable repeatable evidence for something is presented, it will seem more credible than something that does not meet these standards.

You are stuck here because you will not discuss the flaw in your questioning. I can ask a question just as ridiculous and not get an answer for 4 years. What meat do vegans choose to eat daily? Pork, beef, or unicorn? I choose beef.
John wrote:
This is a collection of bigots with zero intellectual honesty. It's why you can't answer my questions relevantly.
God doesn't meet your criteria. Nothing else does either. Yet you attack God with specificity.
I contend the evidences and reasons for a prime mover trump any other possibility. I am willing to debate that. What's your accountable position?
If you don't have one and can't show the methodology where a prime mover is somehow less likely than others you are just loons. It's obvious that's the case.
Your turn to repeat nothing.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
See my above comment. I don't know what meat a vegan chooses to eat daily...

The flaw in the question has been pointed out by many people besides me. Why can't we at least discuss the question and why you disagree with my problem with it. This is what you always ignore.

Location hidden

#72333 May 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but now you have to show evidence or you are a liar. EmpAtheist is probably the most polite person on here.
Thank you

Since: May 13

Hightstown, NJ

#72334 May 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you say is true?
The you MUST admit that NONE of your branches are being EVEN A LITTLE BIT GUIDED BY ANY GOD OF ANY SORT.
If the god *were* guiding them?
They would *converge* to the *ultimate* truth!
And after 2000+ or so years, there would be only one.
That we see the exact opposite? Is sufficient proof that NONE have any sort of guidance of ANY kind.
At last count, 45,000 **different** brands of "christian" according to your own sources.
That's up from the previous count of 35,000 a few generations back.
If there was simply randomness to it all? Divergence is what we would expect.
If there WERE a SINGLE source, guiding--even subtly-- then we'd see the OPPOSITE: convergence.
Your argument lacks merit; you fail to take into account we are dealing with a GOD, here.
Something that is supposed to be SUPER-human.
Not simply a slightly-improved human that YOU are describing.
brother, thats exactly my point lol. Gods not interested in side squabbles, hes interested in bona fide salvation. so i agree, God is not guiding them. this kind of split has happened even in the book of acts. the bible acknoledges these splits, and the bible makes example of that in acts to show that the real important factor is christ. now its in the nature of man to make his priorities incorporated in all aspects of his life. so why should we expect that to be different with his faith?

now given this, i also acknowledge that many groups claim to be the way to serve God. but the bible keeps it simple. you accept christ and live a life for him, your saved. all the other stuff really isnt important. but on another note, why should we assume that God would act to converge these branches? if someone will accept christ only if he comes into contact with a group that has his typeof environment, why would God stop this group knowing that others could come to know him? this is a complex issue, and i dont think its accurate to say that God would act in some way given that we have limited perspective. so in reality, i dont disagree with you much lol.

Location hidden

#72335 May 28, 2013
By the way... "very bright", if you are a poe, please stop. Atheists posing as hateful Christians is not funny. It is mean and it is a waste of time.

If you are really a Christian, I apologize for my assumption...

I have witnessed some very real people who act this way but I also know that very few are at this level. I do not have a negative view toward Christians. My family and friends are almost all Christian... and I was not long ago.

I dislike bigots... I don't care if they are Christians, Atheists, Muslims, or any religion..

So I suppose I am a bigot of bigots

Hightstown, NJ

#72336 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
That sends the wrong message, to anyone who is paying attention.
More to the point? Each brand claims to have the SOLE KEYS.
That claim? That claim is also damning of their credibility.
Finally? Not all brands say what you say above with the same equanimity--they stretch the meaning of "saved through christ" to mean any number of DIFFERENT THINGS-- sometimes RADICALLY different.
If it's just the WORDS?
Your god is....
... shallow.
And kind of a dick, too-- if all he cares about are muttering the magical words ...!
lol bob, your accurate in your critique to a high degree. the problem is that your placing a great deal of importance on the convergance of thoughts within church beliefs. the problem is also that your extrapolating that to blame God for the lack of control within those groups. if your parent sets a standard and you choose to diverge from it, whos fault is that? very similar is it with the church. or in a better analagy, if your wife wants the house clean and you clean it mediocrely, if you dont live to her standards, you have no one to blame but you lol.

now in terms of what matters, why would God be shallow for making the side issues unimportant? if your in a flaming building and the person who comes to rescue you says jump into my arms, they generally place little importance to how you jump as to where. now i agree with you that its not ideal, but again, from a christian world view, the side issues are just distractions that man creates. its not about the words as much as it is the heart. theyre willing to go to christ openly. how exactly they do isnt always important. thats why salvation is easy. its like the burning building, the more who survive the better. thats how the christian should see it, and that is the generally accepted biblical world view.

Hightstown, NJ

#72337 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
So none of the actual words matter AT ALL?
Then? What CAN be trusted to be real, if NONE of the details matter?
What if someone gets it, say 70% right? Do they get 70% of heaven? And have to spend 30% of eternity in hell?
Either it's THAT important, and the details DO matter...
.. or else it's just all 100% bs, and NONE of it matters.
With the slight possible exception that we should just try to do the best we are able, within each of our own heads--as we were conditioned/raised to do--
--- and the rest is immaterial.
Meaning? There is no real difference-- IN THE END-- between a christian who tries to do the best he/she is able within that context, or a islamist, or a jew, or a hindu, or a Native American, or even a secular humanist.
Or? For that matter-- it won't REALLY matter if the person was raised inside an organized crime family, so long as he/she lives up to the families' rules, and does the best that he/she knows how!
IF.
IF what you claim is true, that the details DO NOT matter at all!
Hmmmm.... I see some problems with your approach...
when you jump into a persons arms when theyre saving you from a burning building, if they catch you, are you safe or are you not? the idea is that if you jump in the right direction, you will be caught, but how you jump doesnt matter as much. your seeing the wrong details. details about salvation matter. issues about christ matters. but all the side church politics are distractions. now i still agree with you on much of what you said, because the truth is =your not raising an issue that the church itslef or even the bilbe itself doesnt acknowledge. what we need to do is look closer at where we are drawing the line inside a biblical context. it all boils down to one statement. jesus said im the way the truth and the light, and no one comes to the father accept through me.its pretty simple a message.

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#72338 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Lie.
Proof:(nonpartisan)
" http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2013/04/17/job-c... ;
Why do you lie? Oh! Because you MUST LIE!
Reps can't admit that they have been failure.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72339 May 29, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
brother, thats exactly my point lol. Gods not interested in side squabbles,
Stop.

The god you worship?

Is nothing short of a MONSTER. A real first-class DICK, to put it bluntly.

If the consequences are SO DIRE (infinite torture)?

Then?

YOUR GOD HAS A SERIOUS OBLIGATION TO INTERFERE TO THE POINT OF GUIDING EVERYONE TO THE CORRECT PATH.

To do otherwise?

Is to SHIRK his responsibilities!

As I said?

The very existence of the 45,000+ different brands is 100% proof there is no god who..

... CARES.

The god YOU believe in?

Clearly?

DOES NOT REALLY CARE AT ALL.

Or else?

Simply isn't there-- impossible to tell which.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72340 May 29, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
lol bob, your accurate in your critique to a high degree. the problem is that your placing a great deal of importance on the convergance of thoughts within church beliefs. the problem is also that your extrapolating that to blame God for the lack of control within those groups. if your parent sets a standard and you choose to diverge from it, whos fault is that? very similar is it with the church. or in a better analagy, if your wife wants the house clean and you clean it mediocrely, if you dont live to her standards, you have no one to blame but you lol.
now in terms of what matters, why would God be shallow for making the side issues unimportant? if your in a flaming building and the person who comes to rescue you says jump into my arms, they generally place little importance to how you jump as to where. now i agree with you that its not ideal, but again, from a christian world view, the side issues are just distractions that man creates. its not about the words as much as it is the heart. theyre willing to go to christ openly. how exactly they do isnt always important. thats why salvation is easy. its like the burning building, the more who survive the better. thats how the christian should see it, and that is the generally accepted biblical world view.
Either your god DOES NOT CARE?

Or else your god is simply lazy... or shallow.. or worse.

Or?

Isn't there at all.

I'd say the last result has the highest probability.

Your god isn't worthy of the title, either.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72341 May 29, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
when you jump into a persons arms when theyre saving you from a burning building, if they catch you, are you safe or are you not? the idea is that if you jump in the right direction, you will be caught, but how you jump doesnt matter as much. your seeing the wrong details. details about salvation matter. issues about christ matters. but all the side church politics are distractions. now i still agree with you on much of what you said, because the truth is =your not raising an issue that the church itslef or even the bilbe itself doesnt acknowledge. what we need to do is look closer at where we are drawing the line inside a biblical context. it all boils down to one statement. jesus said im the way the truth and the light, and no one comes to the father accept through me.its pretty simple a message.
1) you have failed to prove there IS a building at all

2) you have failed to show the as-yet-unproved building is, in fact, on fire

3) you have failed to establish that it is even possible to LEAVE said building (which hasn't been established anyhow)

4) you have failed to show, that if by some imaginary process, we COULD leave the as-yet-unproven building (which may or may not be on fire), that YOU have the answer to what happens... next.

5)...

I could go on? But the point is clear: you have failed to establish even a BASE LINE for your claims.

And?

You have NOT addressed my point:

THERE CAN BE NO GOD BEHIND ANY, WHO CARES, DUE TO THE OBVIOUS LACK OF GODLY-GUIDANCE.

All of your excuses? Are just that: excuses.

Not explanations AT ALL.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#72342 May 29, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Reps can't admit that they have been failure.
Well... they HAVE been successful at ONE thing.

They HAVE managed to interfere with Obama's presidency.

A lot.

If Obama was praising the value of getting clean air each day?

The ReThuglicans would immediately begin praising the virtues of dirty air...
Im your Huckleberry

Redding, CA

#72343 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Stop.
The god you worship?
Is nothing short of a MONSTER. A real first-class DICK, to put it bluntly.
If the consequences are SO DIRE (infinite torture)?
Then?
YOUR GOD HAS A SERIOUS OBLIGATION TO INTERFERE TO THE POINT OF GUIDING EVERYONE TO THE CORRECT PATH.
To do otherwise?
Is to SHIRK his responsibilities!
As I said?
The very existence of the 45,000+ different brands is 100% proof there is no god who..
... CARES.
The god YOU believe in?
Clearly?
DOES NOT REALLY CARE AT ALL.
Or else?
Simply isn't there-- impossible to tell which.
First, how would you know which of the 45,000+ brands he subscribes too?

Next, what sources did you use to construct the view you have?

Ooooops! Not able to provide support for your BS? As always.

...run along now.
Im your Huckleberry

Redding, CA

#72344 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Well... they HAVE been successful at ONE thing.
They HAVE managed to interfere with Obama's presidency.
A lot.
If Obama was praising the value of getting clean air each day?
The ReThuglicans would immediately begin praising the virtues of dirty air...
I could go on? But the point is clear: you have failed to establish even a BASE LINE for your claims.

All of your excuses? Are just that: excuses.

Not explanations AT ALL.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#72345 May 29, 2013
very bright wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there is more. It is called wickedness and hatred. Apparently you have not become the full victim of an atheist.
All theiss love to play victim after being caught lying about god.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#72346 May 29, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are so wrong, how you jump in such a situation is VERY important, for one thing, if you are landing in one of the trampolines you don't go feet first, for two reasons, one it increases the chance of the trampoline tearing due to stress concentration, the other is that you risk a back injury for the same reason. You have to land on your butt to decrease both. If you are jumping into a "person's arms," well, they'd have to be really strong AND you would have to jump a sharp arch, so that you don't topple them. But really, if it's not a trampoline, you're better off jumping into a pile of dirt than someone's arms, less risk to you, and it's doubtful many people could safely catch a full grown human, even with training. However, if possible, running through a safe route in the fire is preferable, or remaining where you are if there is none and you have time, at an open window so you have oxygen to breath because fire likes to suck all that stuff out of the air, most people die in a fire before even being burnt, smoke inhalation decreases the amount of oxygen you can breathe and the fire consumes so much of it, you're dead before you even feel the burning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fiorina defends spot in 2016 race, says it's ti... 14 min Mr Amigo 19
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 43 min Cassandra_ 1,466
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,235,964
News Frustration mounts as Rand Paul refuses to acce... 1 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 5
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 183,193
News Hastert to appear before judge who donated to c... 1 hr Synque 2
News Meet the Candidate: Carly Fiorina 1 hr serfs up 644
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr -Dont Panic- 329,024
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Subduction Zone 164,702
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr red and right 189,811
More from around the web