Atheists on the march in America

There are 20 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71898 May 4, 2013
John wrote:
Many claims and no evidence Bob.
You have made NONE... not even an argument in support of your "prime mover".

By default, your "PM" is false.

Period.
John wrote:
I provided the evidence of you lying.
Lie.... it's what you do-- I refuted your "evidence" and showed you were lying the whole time.

Lying is what you do-- always.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71899 May 4, 2013
John wrote:
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly is not the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe..3
False. You have no evidence: your prime mover loses by default, as there are NO SUPPORTIVE ARGUMENTS.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71900 May 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure projection. I should write a browser script that will let people ignore your posts easier.
It would not be hard to do-- he's so repetitive that a mindless computer virus could easily identify his posts.
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#71901 May 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure projection. I should write a browser script that will let people ignore your posts easier.
It's not worth the time
NRP is in a loop
The only exit is education

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#71902 May 4, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not worth the time
NRP is in a loop
The only exit is education
Ah, but then he'd be following the ninth commandment, christians just cannot follow the commandments in their bible, that would be sacrilege.
John

United States

#71903 May 4, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.

Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?

How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.

You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.

Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.
John

United States

#71904 May 4, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 69,026 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71905 May 4, 2013
John wrote:
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
False. You have no evidence: your prime mover loses by default, as there are NO SUPPORTIVE ARGUMENTS.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71906 May 4, 2013
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 69,026 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
False. You have no evidence: your prime mover loses by default, as there are NO SUPPORTIVE ARGUMENTS.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71907 May 4, 2013
John wrote:
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief.
Is this your... "argument"?

If so, it isn't very well thought out.

You have nothing supporting your statement of belief.

You have no logical arguments at all.

Therefore?

You lose automatically. By default.

The DEFAULT position is NO PRIME MOVER.
John

United States

#71908 May 4, 2013
Pay to play baby. I've named my accountable position. This is your forum. I'll wait. You skipped my questions by the way. Will we be using your exposed standard to weigh the evidence or just make our cases. I guess we won't do either as I'm told atheism is simply disbelief.

Of course, you don't believe anything in this arena. Do you expect a line of people believing numerous things to come to your ridiculous forum seeking a verdict. No evidence. Next. No evidence. Next. Ad infinitum.

I keep this forum going only to expose you and see just how long you will fight for your nonclaim.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

United States

#71909 May 4, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was and am simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitimate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
You weren't saying?7

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71910 May 4, 2013
John wrote:
Pay to play baby. I've named my accountable position. This is your forum.
Is this your... "argument"?

If so, it isn't very well thought out.

You have nothing supporting your statement of belief.

You have no logical arguments at all.

Therefore?

You lose automatically. By default.

The DEFAULT position is NO PRIME MOVER.
John

United States

#71911 May 4, 2013
Atheism is simply disbelief. When your nonargument becomes an argument you've lost it.
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#71912 May 4, 2013
NRP. YOU'RE WAY BEHIND
Here Dogie Dogie
Rollover and spam
Here little doggy
< Pets troll>
Here Dogie doggy
Jesus still hates you
Chop chop Bowser. Five post minimum for get busy

|Spam start
|
|
\/

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71913 May 4, 2013
John wrote:
Atheism is simply disbelief. When your nonargument becomes an argument you've lost it.
Is this your... "argument"?

If so, it isn't very well thought out.

You have nothing supporting your statement of belief.

You have no logical arguments at all.

Therefore?

You lose automatically. By default.

The DEFAULT position is NO PRIME MOVER.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#71914 May 4, 2013
Nah, all people are atheists when they are born, until they are either brought up into a religion or brainwashed. In my case, I was a Christian until a few years ago, when I became an atheist, and now I'm an agnostic.

Everyone is skeptical of things to a certain degree. I mean, when someone tells you that they saw a UFO outside, your initial reaction is to scoff at it unless you've actually seen it for yourself.

Unless you're brought up in a culture where belief in irrational things is constantly reinforced, you're not going to be a very religious person. Japan is a good example of that. They may be Buddhists, Shintoists, Animists, or even Hindus, but they don't believe in the same absolutist God that we believe in.
John

United States

#71915 May 4, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 68,990 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#71916 May 4, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
Nah, all people are atheists when they are born, until they are either brought up into a religion or brainwashed. In my case, I was a Christian until a few years ago, when I became an atheist, and now I'm an agnostic.
Everyone is skeptical of things to a certain degree. I mean, when someone tells you that they saw a UFO outside, your initial reaction is to scoff at it unless you've actually seen it for yourself.
Unless you're brought up in a culture where belief in irrational things is constantly reinforced, you're not going to be a very religious person. Japan is a good example of that. They may be Buddhists, Shintoists, Animists, or even Hindus, but they don't believe in the same absolutist God that we believe in.
You went from atheist to agnostic? Does that mean you're an agnostic theist? Just curious.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71917 May 4, 2013
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 68,990 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
Is this your... "argument"?

If so, it isn't very well thought out.

You have nothing supporting your statement of belief.

You have no logical arguments at all.

Therefore?

You lose automatically. By default.

The DEFAULT position is NO PRIME MOVER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yip Lee 1,224,582
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 min ChristineM 6,713
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Ooogah Boogah 162,075
News Obama on protests: 'There are consequences to i... 7 min Eleanor 31
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 9 min Dan 207
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Rogue Scholar 05 187,899
News Supreme Court rejects challenge to New Jersey '... 17 min Gremlin 18
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 40 min Valerie 326,511
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 53 min Limbertwig 180,457
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 1 hr PolakPotrafi 1,236
More from around the web