Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
67,941 - 67,960 of 70,959 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 7
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the goid of your cult has been proven to be a myth, so why would anyone lash out against a myth. it is the cult following of myths that people of reason are against.
Oh dumb grasshopper your nothing is unwise and your nonclaim is that of a child. There are many different faiths but your hate is for Christianity. You aren't willing to debate and answer questions to get to your endgame. I'll certainly walk you through it but the we won't skip steps. You haven't even made a baby step yet though. The question is something vs ??? You never did say. Hmmm. Thankfully there is no audience that can see for five years you loons have been this impotent. How embarrasing.

I contend the preponderance of evidence is clearly in the prime mover camp as opposed to any other accountable position of belief you care to make a case for.

This is the part where you obfuscate, attack, marginalize, and flee. The proof of your intellectual cowardice is well documented.

Nothing Bless
John K

Fredericktown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

I don't make the case that there is no god. I just say that as of yet I have no evidence that god or gods exist. Just like I don't have any evidence for ghost or the monster under my bed, or fairies, or Jin's or angels or any of a number of things. If evidence comes about that can be investigated in the same manor that cancer or neutrinos can be then I would be more than happy to investigate. But wasting time contemplating things that I have no evidence for is a waste of time. I am an atheist because I know of no valid evidence for gods. Gods may exist or they may not exist but with no real information to go on it is useless to even worry about. I have plenty of evidence that religions are made up by humans. So I am fairly certain that there is no valid religions.
What do you want us to do? You keep wanting me to answer your question but I have already told you that your question is meaningless. I have already stated that I don't know what caused creation the universe other than possibly energy, and that is based only off of the evidence available. What more could you want? This is as honest of an answer as I can give.
John K

Litchfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Other John, you don't seem to understand the atheist position at all. In one of your latest rants you seem to think we atheist think man is the be all end all of the universe. That my friend is like so far from the truth it couldn't be more wrong if it tried. Atheist understand ourselves to be just a small part of a big thing (infinite from the looks of it). We know our time of existence is short ( for some only a few minutes, for some a hundred years or so). We have come to realize the the universe is best understandable as an interplay of energy. Our position is quite humble. Your bizarre notion of atheist is well ... Comical. You think of us as more than we are. Your fear of us is so greatly exaggerated that it is as if you are looking at us though a Fun House mirror. The majority of us are really nice folks that you would probably enjoy our company. The only thing the majority of us would like is if the religious would keep their religion our of the political and governmental spectrum. That's it. Practice your beliefs anywhere you want but not at the post office, or the department of taxation, city councle meetings, public first grade classrooms, the defense department, ect. ect.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

John K wrote:
Other John, you don't seem to understand the atheist position at all. In one of your latest rants you seem to think we atheist think man is the be all end all of the universe. That my friend is like so far from the truth it couldn't be more wrong if it tried. Atheist understand ourselves to be just a small part of a big thing (infinite from the looks of it). We know our time of existence is short ( for some only a few minutes, for some a hundred years or so). We have come to realize the the universe is best understandable as an interplay of energy. Our position is quite humble. Your bizarre notion of atheist is well ... Comical. You think of us as more than we are. Your fear of us is so greatly exaggerated that it is as if you are looking at us though a Fun House mirror. The majority of us are really nice folks that you would probably enjoy our company. The only thing the majority of us would like is if the religious would keep their religion our of the political and governmental spectrum. That's it. Practice your beliefs anywhere you want but not at the post office, or the department of taxation, city councle meetings, public first grade classrooms, the defense department, ect. ect.
You should know by now that our resident John is devoid of logic, devoid of common sense but great with copy paste.

He will never respond in kind to you because he can't. We are dealing with a juvenile mentality here with no skills beyond copy paste.

He will return to his usual cut-and-paste perhaps throwing a sentence with your name it!

don't you feel lucky this cretin actually bothered to respond?

In time you will skip through everything John posts!

It belongs in the John!
John K

Litchfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

I am sorry my name is so versatile!
Imhotep

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

John K wrote:
I am sorry my name is so versatile!
I usually try to warn newcomers to this forum of the resident trolls that are here, John being the principal one of course!
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

67,981 posts of disbelief. That's all atheism is about. Simple disbelief. Bwahahaha

You skipped my questions John K.

Stump an antitheist ask them what they believe.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

You have the right to your cult but keep it out of schools, the post office, the town square, etc.

No evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum. Next!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Since, your delusion is that the world is over 11 billion years old, perhaps is how soon is soon. 1 billion, 2 billion or another 11 billion years. In any case, religion will out live you and all your issues.
I suspect that you are simply evil, so when and if you followed religion, you were still evil. Here is the point of your confusion, religion is not a persona and it has no voice. You will beat your wife because you are evil, you will hate because you are evil, you are a bigot because you are evil, so when you enter into any religion you are all at once still evil.
Who made a claim that the world is 11 billion years old? Perhaps the universe, that we are aware of, is considered around that age (I didn't check to see) but the earth is 4.5 billion years old approximately. I cannot go back 4.5 billion years to see if that number is accurate, but until more accurate information comes my way I will accept that.

As far as my not living to see the end of religon, that is likely very true, as if I live to the oldest of my immediate ancestors I will be around 85 or so (on the male side), which gives me less than 20 years. 20 years will see Christianity reduce drastically from its already small numbers in the western world, but not the end of all religions. There are too many naive and uneducated people in the world to have that happen that quickly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I just thought I'd give you heads up! ;)
you seemed new to this forum and you should ignore certain people who don't merit any response whatever. The content of their post is all you need To ignore them or have a good belly laugh!
This particular mammal is of no value whatever and there's plenty here that have lots to say.
John warrants utter contempt. Sympathy is completely out of the question as far as I'm concerned.
Yes relatively new to the forum but not to Topix. I joined Topix around July 2010, give or take a month.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

‘God Is Great, Hang the Atheist Bloggers!’: Hundreds of Thousands Rally in Bangladesh for Anti-Blasphemy Laws ... Hundreds of thousands of hardline Islamists rallied in Bangladesh’s capital on Saturday to demand authorities enact anti-blasphemy laws punishing bloggers and those believed to have insulted Islam.“God is great – hang the atheist bloggers!” some chanted, according to the Agence France-Presse and Al Jazeera .. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/06/go... .. continue

Yeah .. let's watch the militant atheists take their little march to Bangladesh ... let's see if their 'convictions' are real ... or not

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

John wrote:
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly isn't the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.¦
Atheists- ahem freethinkers looking to scrub history for an agenda. Bob and Imhotep agree there is no historical Jesus. Bwahahaha
John, I have been on this particular Topix thread only a short time, but so far I have not understood anything you say. Your comments about you exposing others, or making things clear must have happened before I came here, because you have done none of that since I arrived.

The very fact that you have been here as long as you state and still are trying to get people to prove something that is impossible speaks volumes about your general understanding of things.

You have mentioned the term "Prime Mover" many times since I arrived here, yet I have seen no evidence that you have provided of such an entity, nor have I seen any evidence anywhere else in the general knowledge of the world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you upset?
Confused and uneducated is what appears to me to be his problem.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dumb grasshopper your nothing is unwise and your nonclaim is that of a child. There are many different faiths but your hate is for Christianity. You aren't willing to debate and answer questions to get to your endgame. I'll certainly walk you through it but the we won't skip steps. You haven't even made a baby step yet though. The question is something vs ??? You never did say. Hmmm. Thankfully there is no audience that can see for five years you loons have been this impotent. How embarrasing.
I contend the preponderance of evidence is clearly in the prime mover camp as opposed to any other accountable position of belief you care to make a case for.
This is the part where you obfuscate, attack, marginalize, and flee. The proof of your intellectual cowardice is well documented.
Nothing Bless
John, as has been said many times, atheism has no accountable position of belief, because an atheist is a word describing someone who has no belief in a deity. What position are you looking for from those who don't have position?

Name a subject you want a position stated on, and perhaps someone might oblige you, but keep on your dead-end path of trying to get someone to prove that "nothing" exists, is very frustrating to the rest of us to listen to you go on about, and surely it must be frustrating for you too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually try to warn newcomers to this forum of the resident trolls that are here, John being the principal one of course!
Thanks for the warning. That he is one of the resident trolls is very apparent.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

the last I heard .. those proclaiming atheism is approx. 2.3% of the worlds population ..
( Non-religious and agnostic 11.9%, anti-religious and atheist 2.3%).. when I consider the doctrines of atheism .. I understand why the % is so low ... although they do have big mouths ..
I do believe that Christians are about as tolerant as they need to be .. yes, atheists do have a right to speak .. but they do not a right to be heard ( thank God )

For although they knew (about) God .. they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him .. but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened .. Although they claimed to be wise .. they became fools .. and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles .. Therefore God gave them over .....

no surprises here

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing Bless
i have no hate of christianity above any other cult.

you have no evvidence of your prime mover. not one shred.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

I believe you have dementia booots. You have seen no evidence at all in this arena that meets your criteria. Every person on earth that believes there is evidence of a cause (of any sort) is uneducated to you.
Your mensa club of I don't know but its not 1, 2, 3, 4, is where its at.
Your interest in killing religion isn't about evidence at all. Evidence is irrelevant. I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs anything else. You beat feet pretty quickly when its time to debate.
My position is ready to go, yours is the name that shall not be named LOL.

I find it amusing a network of trolls/bigots try and paint a picture I'm the strange one. Nope. It's you bud. You have no evidence. No accountable position. No way to quantify evidence. No courage to debate what you are so sure doesn't exist.

85 years in and I don't know is the depth of your acquired knowledge.

How do you decide which is most or least likely: always was, prime mover, something from nothing,??. Show your work and make sure it meets your evidentiary standard.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

His-truth wrote:
the last I heard .. those proclaiming atheism is approx. 2.3% of the worlds population ..
( Non-religious and agnostic 11.9%, anti-religious and atheist 2.3%).. when I consider the doctrines of atheism .. I understand why the % is so low ... although they do have big mouths ..
I do believe that Christians are about as tolerant as they need to be .. yes, atheists do have a right to speak .. but they do not a right to be heard ( thank God )
For although they knew (about) God .. they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him .. but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened .. Although they claimed to be wise .. they became fools .. and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles .. Therefore God gave them over .....
no surprises here
As it becomes more socially acceptable adn safer for people to openly express their disbelief in your cult, it will happen more.

as people become more educated, they will not be sucked into your cult as easily...

the denial of the facts in front of you is not a healthy mindset...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the warning. That he is one of the resident trolls is very apparent.
he aslo posts under other names when he wants to thump the bible of his cult..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••