Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70650 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#70021 Mar 25, 2013
MeinPerson wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to explain who said what to ME personally, where they said it to ME personally and when they said it to ME personally?
I didn't think so.
Nutcase.
Whoever told you that the bible is fact.

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#70022 Mar 26, 2013
Truthfulones wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do they hate other peoples harmless beliefs then? Anyone could understand not liking beliefs that are harmful to others (like extreme terrorist type zealots, that insist people view things their way and thier way only, and think nothing of creating hell on earth for people that don't) but why the need for SOME (not all) to hate on that which is harmless, just merely different from what they don't believe in?
There's no excuse for hatred of the harmless, not even ignorance.
Harmless beliefs? Tell that to all the women killed during the Salem Trials and all the other witch hunts throughout history.
Tell that to all the women who were forced to stay in abusive marriages because the buybull states that women must obey their husbands and that divorce is wrong.
Tell that to all the slaves whose enslavement was legal because the buybull tells slaves to be obedient to their masters.
Tell that to all the Heretics and Jews massacred in the inquisitions and crusades. They were killed because the buybull demands the killing o infidels who worship different gods.
Tell that to gay people like myself who were made to hate ourselves for something we have no control of, because the buybull states that gay men should be put to death.
People like you try to make Christianity look peaceful and pretend that it is just crazy fundies that create problems. However many of the great bigotries and crimes of history; slavery, intolerance, sexism, and homophobia, are supported and even promoted by the buybull.

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#70023 Mar 26, 2013
Truthfulones wrote:
<quoted text>
Diseases, intolerance and hatred kill people every day.
NOT books.
Intolerance and hatred are often encouraged by books, dumbo! Take for example, Mein Kampf. Your buybull is a book that encourages hate and intolerance.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#70024 Mar 26, 2013
The propellant in aerosols can be problematic.
John wrote:
Good to see you don't support infanticide.
MeinPerson

London, KY

#70025 Mar 26, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew this was my week! Thanks. That's exactly what they are attempting. Vote for proposition 0, a vote against atheistic intolerance.
Hey that's a good one!
Here, we have civil laws against hatred and bullying of others on line.
I'd love to see the courts get a hold of some of them and make them into public examples of the ignorance they personify!!
MeinPerson

London, KY

#70026 Mar 26, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Intolerance and hatred are often encouraged by books, dumbo! Take for example, Mein Kampf. Your buybull is a book that encourages hate and intolerance.
I disagree, and find hateful vitriol against others, Especially in braid range, one brush sweeps, both WRONG and intolerant (as in BIGOTRY and Stereotyping) probably based upon your own intolerances of OTHERS beliefs that differ from yours, which is based upon YOUR OWN ignorance,that of which you are even too Ignorant to see.

The Bibles I've learned from -NEVER taught hate OR intolerance.Quite the opposite, so please do not include people sch as myself, into such a little marble headed sphere of Ignorance.

Nooooo thank you.

And just for the record, those same Bibles, belong to any and everyone for the reading, not just a certain, select group of people, so for you to even add a possessive pronoun in front of such, actually shows the doubleness of your OWN ignorance and hatred.

Those of us that know better, already realize, Hitler was a socio-psychopath. So was Saddam Hussien, no "bible or koran" needed (exceptt when he was feining religion for the sake of poliTical manuevering.)

Kind of a third indicator of your own spews of incitement of hatred of displaced, twisted and warped type.

People harm others out of their own ignorance, hatred, intolerance and other inhumane imperfections. NOT books.
MeinPerson

London, KY

#70027 Mar 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever told you that the bible is fact.
I've never met ANYONE who takes the Bible as "whole", as a book of "facts". Thank God.

MOST people I know, are much more literate and have more sense than that. Thank God.
MeinPerson

London, KY

#70028 Mar 26, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know when you know of someone catching AIDS from a book, and we'll send it in for immediate scientific study.
MeinPerson

London, KY

#70029 Mar 26, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope atheism has nothing to do with either. We don't discuss the nothing much around here. A point I've made a hundred times.
March for gay marriage and kill the most innocent. Someone has screwed up priorities.
Anyway, what else do you guys have on atheism you haven't voiced in four years. Atheism is simply disbelief. Got it. End forum. Apparently there is more that necessitates it have its own forum and tens of thousands of posts. Hmmm
Yeah, like something that requires actual brain activity that doesn't promote leveling everything DOWN to kindergarten sandbox ignorance levels.

AtheisTic name calling at others, not really being one of any such subject matter.

Any imbecile can do that.
MeinPerson

London, KY

#70030 Mar 26, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew this was my week! Thanks. That's exactly what they are attempting. Vote for proposition 0, a vote against atheistic intolerance.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Winston Churchill

Let's continue to stand up for those who are vulnerable to being left out or marginalized.
Hillary Clinton

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker.(Ooooh-now that's BRILLIANCE just in itself lol)
Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.
Chauncey Depew

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#70031 Mar 26, 2013
MeinPerson wrote:
<quoted text>

The Bibles I've learned from -NEVER taught hate OR intolerance.Quite the opposite, so please do not include people sch as myself, into such a little marble headed sphere of Ignorance.
Nooooo thank you.
You can believe in what you want, but that does not change facts.
The buybull encourages sexism, tolerance, and violence.
Sexism in the buybull
1 Corinthians 14:34 - 35*

34. Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
(Woman to be silent in church. A woman is not to speak in church)

Ephesians 5:22 - 25*

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so [let] the wives [be] to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
(Wives must submit themselves to their husband, afterall he is the head of the wife)
Slavery in the Buybull
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
Violence encouraged in the buybull
Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.(Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
Death to Followers of Other Religions
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed.(Exodus 22:19 NAB)
MeinPerson

London, KY

#70032 Mar 26, 2013
I remember, when I was a kid, watching my mother jam herself into her girdle - a piece of equipment so rigid it could stand up on its own - and I remember her coming home from fancy parties and racing upstairs to extricate herself from its cruel iron grip.
Susan Orlean

It's easy to kick somebody when they're down. George W. Bush has dealt with more difficult issues than any president since Franklin Roosevelt. And I've told my colleagues it's time that we go stand up for the president.
John Boehner

AND

A fact is like a sack - it won't stand up if it's empty. To make it stand up, first you have to put in it all the reasons and feelings that caused it in the first place.
Luigi Pirandello

lol

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#70033 Mar 26, 2013
MeinPerson wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know when you know of someone catching AIDS from a book, and we'll send it in for immediate scientific study.
I don't know what aids has to do with anything. I stated that the buybull encourages hatred, intolerance, and sexism, and you responded by bringing up a non nonsensical rambling on aids. Point is that books encourages ideas, whether good or bad. The buybull encourages despicable things like slavery, homophobia, and sexism.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#70034 Mar 26, 2013
Everyone discounts one part of the bible or another.
That's why I can confidently discount all of it.
MeinPerson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never met ANYONE who takes the Bible as "whole", as a book of "facts". Thank God.
MOST people I know, are much more literate and have more sense than that. Thank God.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70035 Mar 26, 2013
MeinPerson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, like something that requires actual brain activity that doesn't promote leveling everything DOWN to kindergarten sandbox ignorance levels.
AtheisTic name calling at others, not really being one of any such subject matter.
Any imbecile can do that.
It has me completely amazed that I see people on here who can continuously call others bigots and are upset about name calling... And in the same comment will insult and use bigotry.

The hypocrisy is thick.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70036 Mar 26, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know what aids has to do with anything. I stated that the buybull encourages hatred, intolerance, and sexism, and you responded by bringing up a non nonsensical rambling on aids. Point is that books encourages ideas, whether good or bad. The buybull encourages despicable things like slavery, homophobia, and sexism.
yeah...the cult members always run away when you ask them how they can follow a god that condones slavery...some openly deny it is inthe bible...

cult minds are tough to fathom...there is no rationale or accountability there...
John

United States

#70037 Mar 26, 2013
The nothing is thick. Your entire forum is about attacking believers in any way possible. Insults, lies, and any other way it can. You are bigots and you have been exposed. Get on your fence where you belong.

I have exposed your nothing and intellectual hypocrisy almost daily for years. Do you want to debate my something vs your nothing? Of course you don't. Instead you steer the narrative far, far, away from your absurd agenda.

I have a whole arsenal of disciplines that have evidences and reasons that point to design. You don't want that debate either. Which I didn't even submit four years ago. I simply asked what do you believe in this arena.

Responding to garbage day after day gets old. Go find another hobby. You got nothin.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#70038 Mar 26, 2013
How long have you been learning English?
John wrote:
The nothing is thick. Your entire forum is about attacking believers in any way possible. Insults, lies, and any other way it can. You are bigots and you have been exposed. Get on your fence where you belong.
I have exposed your nothing and intellectual hypocrisy almost daily for years. Do you want to debate my something vs your nothing? Of course you don't. Instead you steer the narrative far, far, away from your absurd agenda.
I have a whole arsenal of disciplines that have evidences and reasons that point to design. You don't want that debate either. Which I didn't even submit four years ago. I simply asked what do you believe in this arena.
Responding to garbage day after day gets old. Go find another hobby. You got nothin.
John

United States

#70039 Mar 26, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit)
John

United States

#70040 Mar 26, 2013
Show yourself proven liar Bob. Face your shame!

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Univision reporter removed from Trump news conf... 9 min Ho Dee Doo 30
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min Coffee Party 340,812
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min RealDave 1,275,364
News Fancypants Professor Introduces Black Lives Mat... 14 min kuda 70
News Jindal: Louisiana stronger since Katrina 14 min serfs up 11
News Things to know: EPA water rules take effect in ... 24 min Keeppopinoff 14
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 25 min Truth is might 173,454
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr IND 193,609
News Cheneys liken Iran nuclear deal to Munich pact 6 hr Ditat Deus 33
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 8 hr Donut Manic 157
More from around the web