Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70634 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Thinking

Winsford, UK

#69543 Mar 12, 2013
"losses you off"?
John wrote:
Where will we get Thinking? Put some thought into it. Your nothing was strange in 2009, its insane today.
I've exposed you and it losses you off. Go away or get used to it. A third choice is sticking to evidence and intellectual honesty. Tough job when you have neither.
John

United States

#69544 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm...seems john ran away again. and after he clearly said he would debate me...
go figure, another lie from johnny.
You give your nothing entirely too much credit. You also skipped the questions again. Why lie Tick? I can go back to 2009 showing I won't debate nothing. If you have an accountable position of belief you could defend (like me) you would do it. It is your forum.

My accountable position I am willing to debate vs whatever it is that shall not be named LOL is a prime mover.

Now come back with nothing.

Remember I simply asked what you believed and exposed the evidentiary standard you hold others accountable to. You need to steer the narrative away from your nothing.

Get your nothing out of here!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#69545 Mar 12, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You give your nothing entirely too much credit. You also skipped the questions again. Why lie Tick? I can go back to 2009 showing I won't debate nothing. If you have an accountable position of belief you could defend (like me) you would do it. It is your forum.
My accountable position I am willing to debate vs whatever it is that shall not be named LOL is a prime mover.
Remember I simply asked what you believed and exposed the evidentiary standard you hold others accountable to. You need to steer the narrative away from your nothing.
you gave no questions. should I pull up the post where you said you'd debate me when i gave my position

i did, now debate.

as to your question, what do i believe about what? i believe the Twins will suck again next year. i believe most people care about their kids... give me some parameters of this belief question...

St. Croix valley

#69546 Mar 12, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
so give me the facts of your belief system, and lets swee how they stand up to reason...

i;m sure we'll find your faith suddeenly lacking....again...
Lincoln

United States

#69547 Mar 12, 2013
Roman Catholics seem on the March in the News

Black Smoke From Conclave Signals No Pope on First Day

VATICAN CITY — It billowed, and it was black.
There was no mistaking the outcome this time. The cardinals voting for a pope on Tuesday came up with no winner on their first round of balloting, signaled by the black smoke that poured out of a jerry-rigged copper chimney on the roof of the Sistine Chapel.
Lincoln

United States

#69548 Mar 12, 2013
John wrote:
Your forum Bob. Your nonclaim. I simply asked questions that exposed you.
What I believe shouldn't come into play with a nonclaim. Ah, you have an agenda though. Ok. Let's debate the evidences and reasons to believe in ???? vs my belief in a prime mover. Still thinking? I'll wait lmao.
Nothing to see here folks but bigots on parade.
He is the moderator?

St. Croix valley

#69549 Mar 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
He is the moderator?
No.
John

United States

#69550 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you gave no questions. should I pull up the post where you said you'd debate me when i gave my position
i did, now debate.
as to your question, what do i believe about what? i believe the Twins will suck again next year. i believe most people care about their kids... give me some parameters of this belief question...
BS, and you know it. Lying for nothing tsk, tsk. I asked a question in 2009 on page one that hasn't been answered in a relevant way. Just put up this so called answer.

I've asked if you have any evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria? Ignored.

I've asked how you would decide what is most or least likely of the following: always was, prime mover, something from nothing, or any other option. Show your work. Ignored.

Those have been asked dozens of times in the last few weeks alone.

Your accountable position of belief is? Yeah, you forgot it again.

Feign ignorance if you want as to the arena of discussion. I do need to reiterate what you have nonengaged in for years with every post.

Yeah, put up the post. I have been clear I don't debate nothing and expect an accountable position of belief.

Your turn for an evidence free retort.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

United States

#69551 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so give me the facts of your belief system, and lets swee how they stand up to reason...
i;m sure we'll find your faith suddeenly lacking....again...
Who the heck are you to decide what is and isn't reasonable? Make up a reasonable origin without skipping steps. Is your illogical nothing reliant on something to have a voice? You don't believe in God.

However, I do enjoy exposing you so once again I will gladly debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief.
Do you have one? Plenty of the smartest men of multiple disciplines have reasons/evidences they, as I believe in a prime mover. I'll wait for your forum to man up. It is your forum. One lone theist scares you to death LOL.

Fight hard for your nothing loons!

St. Croix valley

#69552 Mar 12, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the heck are you to decide what is and isn't reasonable? Make up a reasonable origin without skipping steps. Is your illogical nothing reliant on something to have a voice? You don't believe in God.
However, I do enjoy exposing you so once again I will gladly debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief.
Do you have one? Plenty of the smartest men of multiple disciplines have reasons/evidences they, as I believe in a prime mover. I'll wait for your forum to man up. It is your forum. One lone theist scares you to death LOL.
Fight hard for your nothing loons!
I'ma rational person who decides what is reasonable and what isn't. you, obviously, are not.

what is your evidence for this prime mover?
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#69553 Mar 13, 2013
I believe Epicurus lived before your jesus myth was invented.

And that you're a nobjockey.
John wrote:
<quoted text>
BS, and you know it. Lying for nothing tsk, tsk. I asked a question in 2009 on page one that hasn't been answered in a relevant way. Just put up this so called answer.
I've asked if you have any evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria? Ignored.
I've asked how you would decide what is most or least likely of the following: always was, prime mover, something from nothing, or any other option. Show your work. Ignored.
Those have been asked dozens of times in the last few weeks alone.
Your accountable position of belief is? Yeah, you forgot it again.
Feign ignorance if you want as to the arena of discussion. I do need to reiterate what you have nonengaged in for years with every post.
Yeah, put up the post. I have been clear I don't debate nothing and expect an accountable position of belief.
Your turn for an evidence free retort.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

United States

#69554 Mar 13, 2013
@woodtick- you must enjoy getting knocked around. You failed miserably. You also skipped the questions by the way. All atheists aren't liars, but this forum is close.

Take care stumpee!
Lincoln

United States

#69555 Mar 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>This post of yours? Not an argument for either a "something" or a "prime mover".
So I get to keep my $2,000.
You are still the coward.
It is $200 when you go past Go.
Do you have any Hotels on property?
Lincoln

United States

#69556 Mar 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I believe Epicurus lived before your Jesus myth was invented.
And that you're a nobjockey.
<quoted text>
No really anyone's Jesus ...you seem possessive?

At one point, though, Dawkins did retreat from one of his previous comments. At Reason Rally 2012 — a national atheist event — he had encouraged atheists to “ridicule” Catholics. In hindsight, he confessed,“I think I did go too far,” though he claimed that he had not intended for ridicule to mean "name-calling"......
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#69557 Mar 13, 2013
It's not my jesus myth, so I'm the opposite of possessive.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
No really anyone's Jesus ...you seem possessive?
Lincoln

United States

#69558 Mar 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
It's not my jesus myth, so I'm the opposite of possessive.
<quoted text>
Flatbush Zombies and the Underachievers are two New York rap duos who make wiggy, expressive versions of the grimy ’90s rap they grew up on, and both of them have earned our Mixtape Of The Week designation in the past year — Flatbush Zombies for D.R.U.G.S. and, more recently, the Underachievers for Indigoism.

And today, both groups team up for a guttural banger called “No Religion.

Atheist Rap...... is this their own Vatican Conclave ?

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#69559 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>Let's tell the WHOLE story, shall we?

The CONTEXT is EVERYTHING: evil dickheads like you, had FORCED prisoners to comply with your evil religious practice, by giving special meeting-priveledges to True Believers™ only.

An atheist sued the prison officials for equal treatment-- and won.

So the court considers a nice tidy LEGAL FICTION, that atheism was "religion" in order to treat prisoners who were NOT True Believers™ with equality as required by the law.

You DO know what a LEGAL FICTION is don't you?

Here's another one: corporations.

The LEGAL FICTION is that these are a person, granted certain rights under the law.

Of course, everyone knows corporations are NOT a person, but are a business comprised of buildings, property, assets, etc-- but not REALLY a person. That is a convenient LEGAL FICTION.

Just as calling "atheism" a "religion" is.

Are you REALLY this stupid, or did you need special stupid lessons?
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school

Langoliers

Location hidden

#69560 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>John Calvert is a horses' azz, no two ways about THAT.

Being a proponent of the extremely IDIOTIC idea of "intelligent design", he could be nothing less.

Only a complete idiot would advocate "intelligent design".
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#69561 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>It isn't.

Atheism simply happens to correspond with...

.... reality.

Public schools are required to teach reality.

Coincidence?

Nope-- rationalism and atheism go hand-in-glove.

In direct contrast to religion-- which is just stupid.

As are you....

... coincidence?

Nope-- stupid and religion also go hand-in-glove.

Proof? Your Calvert idiot comes immediately to mind...
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#69562 Mar 13, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>When was the last time you saw atheists protesting to have atheism taught in schools?
I have not
But now they can't

The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school

Evolution, Big Bang, Spontaneous self generating life is next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
آگهی را... 1 min zeinabi70 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Homer 1,420,655
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dr Guru 222,807
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Go TRUMP 240,044
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 4 min too much 147
News No, online polls dona t show a hidden Donald Tr... 4 min tina anne 95
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Aura Mytha 205,447
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 37 min INFIDEL 155
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 39 min Sharrp Shooter 393,418
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 43 min Bakker 8,035
More from around the web