Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,289)

Showing posts 65,761 - 65,780 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

You choose to ignore I've exposed you and your ahem evidentiary standard. You brought up the God you don't believe in again. You are smitten!
Do you have any evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria?
How do you measure the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
I'll wait for your dodge, or we can skip this dance and just debate your nothing vs my something. I'm sure you realize I at least have a case. You have no good options bigot.
How do you feel about your vote for Obama ensuring millions are hungry and unemployed?

*** You might have missed questions like this for the last 4/5 years lmao. Yep. You are that nuts. A forum about nothing. I don't debate nothing but by all means let's not stop now.****

Atheists don't do questions or evidence.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Prove it.
John wrote:
Atheists don't do questions or evidence.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Well he won't, Heaven doesn't exist.
First part right! Second part Wrong:(

Now quite Ho.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>There is no law.

But.

NONE of your fictional disciples-- repeat--NONE-- lived to see the written gospels.

NONE.

That means? That ALL FOUR of your gospels were written by OTHER PEOPLE--NOT EYEWITNESSES.

So, there you go!

Zero eyewitnesses to your Jewsus-boy.
"Zero eyewitnesses to your Jewsus-boy"

LOL!

Thousand of eye-witnesses!

"Jesus' 12 disciples had just returned from a missionary journey he had sent them on. After they told him all they had done and taught, he took them with him in a boat on the Sea of Galilee to a remote place, for rest and prayer.

Great crowds of people in the area heard that Jesus was near. They ran to see him, bringing their sick friends and relatives. When the boat landed, Jesus saw all the men, women and children and had compassion on them. He taught them about the Kingdom of God and healed those who were sick.

Looking at the crowd, which numbered about 5,000 men, not counting women and children, Jesus asked his disciple Philip, "Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?" (John 6:5, NIV) Jesus knew what he was going to do, but he asked Philip to test him. Philip replied that even eight months' wages would not be enough to give each person even one bite of bread.

Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, had more faith in Jesus. He brought forward a young boy who had five small loaves of barley bread and two small fish. Even so, Andrew wondered how that could help.

Jesus ordered the crowd to sit down in groups of fifty. He took the five loaves, looked up to heaven, gave thanks to God his Father, and passed them to his disciples to be distributed. He did the same with the two fish.

Everyone—men, women and children—ate as much as they wanted! Jesus miraculously multiplied the loaves and fishes so there was more than enough. Then he told his disciples to gather the leftovers so nothing was wasted. They collected enough to fill 12 baskets.

The crowd was so overwhelmed by this miracle that they understood Jesus was the prophet who had been promised. Knowing they would want to force him to become their king, Jesus fled from them."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

<quoted text>I love how you have a magic mind-reading ray, such that you are able to READ MY MIND.

Wow.

You ought to patent that-- quick!
You broadcast your thoughts very well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

<quoted text>Nope-- the only point you prove, is that you are just another godbot-assh()le.

Again: atheists HAVE NO BELIEF IN GODS.

That's it.

Your dictionary is incomplete-- all it has is your strawman/godbot lie as a "definition".

Why do you lie like this?
Oh! you're an assh()le... I nearly forgot...
Oh come now. Still stuck on that are you? Well you're wrong still.

Oh how was church this weekend?

Wikipedia
"Positive atheism (also called strong atheism and hard atheism) is the form of atheism that asserts that no deities exist.[1]Negative atheism (also called weak atheism and soft atheism) is any other type of atheism, wherein a person does not believe in the existence of any deities, but does not explicitly assert there to be none.[1][2][3]

The terms negative atheism and positive atheism were used by Antony Flew in 1976,[1] and appeared again in Michael Martin's writings in 1990.[4] However, usage of the strong/weak terminology has grown since the mid-1990s on the Internet, particularly due to the newsgroup alt.atheism.[better source needed][5]"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

<quoted text>I've read the bible-- cover-to-cover, not skipping a single word-- 100's of times.

And guess what?

IT IS NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT HISTORICAL.

Yes-- I had to yell, because you are a proven assh9le, and you are also quite dense.

The bible is NOT historical--it's 100% fictional hearsay.

Or more accurately, gossip.

Pity you.
You're wrong but the. What else is new?

How's that peep hole show going?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Thinking wrote:
I have yet to see any evidence of John.
He fails the Turing Test every time.
<quoted text>
LOL. Ask him to post something other than the 4 or 5 posts he copy/pastes. See if he can come up with some actual evidence for god.:)

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
First part right! Second part Wrong:(
Now quite Ho.
Provide some evidence heaven exists.
You can't.
You'll just make some lame "Ho" joke.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting that you didn't provide the link to where you got your definition ... more interesting that you only posted on portion of the definition. But that's all besides the point, you are playing semantics, and thus you lose the argument from the start.
It's the whole definition and it was copied straight out of my Merriam-Webster app.

You lose but then you always lose so nothing new there.

athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity
athe·is·tic \ˌā-thē-ˈis-tik\ or athe·is·ti·cal \ˌā-thē-ˈis-ti-kəl\ adjective
athe·is·ti·cal·ly \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb
First use: 1551

LOL

It's so funny you all call yourselves atheist but you can't stand what that word means. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Provide some evidence heaven exists.
You can't.
You'll just make some lame "Ho" joke.
I could but only my wife is allowed to see that heaven on earth.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the whole definition and it was copied straight out of my Merriam-Webster app.
You lose but then you always lose so nothing new there.
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity
athe·is·tic \ˌā-thē-ˈis-tik\ or athe·is·ti·cal \ˌā-thē-ˈis-ti-kəl\ adjective
athe·is·ti·cal·ly \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb
First use: 1551
LOL
It's so funny you all call yourselves atheist but you can't stand what that word means. LOL
Look, it's important to be clear about the meanings of words you us, but there is a point at which being nit-picky about the definition of words is just a distraction.
Do you have any kind of point?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Secular proof of any of these? No.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Zero eyewitnesses to your Jewsus-boy"
LOL!
Thousand of eye-witnesses!
"Jesus' 12 disciples had just returned from a missionary journey he had sent them on. After they told him all they had done and taught, he took them with him in a boat on the Sea of Galilee to a remote place, for rest and prayer.
Great crowds of people in the area heard that Jesus was near. They ran to see him, bringing their sick friends and relatives. When the boat landed, Jesus saw all the men, women and children and had compassion on them. He taught them about the Kingdom of God and healed those who were sick.
Looking at the crowd, which numbered about 5,000 men, not counting women and children, Jesus asked his disciple Philip, "Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?" (John 6:5, NIV) Jesus knew what he was going to do, but he asked Philip to test him. Philip replied that even eight months' wages would not be enough to give each person even one bite of bread.
Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, had more faith in Jesus. He brought forward a young boy who had five small loaves of barley bread and two small fish. Even so, Andrew wondered how that could help.
Jesus ordered the crowd to sit down in groups of fifty. He took the five loaves, looked up to heaven, gave thanks to God his Father, and passed them to his disciples to be distributed. He did the same with the two fish.
Everyone—men, women and children—ate as much as they wanted! Jesus miraculously multiplied the loaves and fishes so there was more than enough. Then he told his disciples to gather the leftovers so nothing was wasted. They collected enough to fill 12 baskets.
The crowd was so overwhelmed by this miracle that they understood Jesus was the prophet who had been promised. Knowing they would want to force him to become their king, Jesus fled from them."

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

No link I see. So we will just caulk it up to you made it all up or changed the words around. As usual.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come now. Still stuck on that are you? Well you're wrong still.
Oh how was church this weekend?
Wikipedia
"Positive atheism (also called strong atheism and hard atheism) is the form of atheism that asserts that no deities exist.[1]Negative atheism (also called weak atheism and soft atheism) is any other type of atheism, wherein a person does not believe in the existence of any deities, but does not explicitly assert there to be none.[1][2][3]
The terms negative atheism and positive atheism were used by Antony Flew in 1976,[1] and appeared again in Michael Martin's writings in 1990.[4] However, usage of the strong/weak terminology has grown since the mid-1990s on the Internet, particularly due to the newsgroup alt.atheism.[better source needed][5]"

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Gosh Rose! He just stole it from Derek and reposts it hundreds of times like a mindless sheep. Don't ask him to use reason!
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, it's important to be clear about the meanings of words you us, but there is a point at which being nit-picky about the definition of words is just a distraction.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Look, it's important to be clear about the meanings of words you us, but there is a point at which being nit-picky about the definition of words is just a distraction.
Yes! I have a point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Secular proof of any of these? No.
Yup!

Research it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>No link I see. So we will just caulk it up to you made it all up or changed the words around. As usual.
If you like! I did go to get the link and the site was inaccessible at the time.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 65,800 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
65,000th nothing.
Okay, lets start with evidence according to YOU.

Begin-- prove your god is real, using evidence according to YOU.

Let's see how far you get, before you make a logical mistake...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,761 - 65,780 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 5 min Frankie Rizzo 1,817
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 5 min Pietro Armando 50,489
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 6 min barefoot2626 21,055
The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina 7 min Raise da Roof S 193
Indian prime minister to meet Obama in September 7 min Humhainna 1
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 7 min Brian_G 15,460
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Waxman 1,072,214
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 12 min American Lady 239,740
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••